1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barilzar

Barilzar

Good, that thing was fuckin ugly.
  2. Flareon

Flareon

This is actually exactly what happens with Kyurem, Reshiram, and Zekrom. All three are neutral, but are used for evil purposes (particularly Kyurem).
  3. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Best froakie evo evah.

[​IMG]
  4. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Wow, I went to sleep for the night and there's two more pages. I'm glad the argument is over. I just want to clarify some things one last time though. I did not say that you are an idiot if you believe "Yveltal" could come from multiple things such as wyvern. I did not say that you are an idiot if you are unconvinced "evil" is in the name. I simply said that you are an idiot if you truely think that it is entirely coincidental that a pokemon with such a design would have something so close to "evil" in the pronunciation. Not a big deal. I'm not even sure it applies to any of you. It's one thing for Pikachu to have something close to "achoo" in the name, it's entirely different for Cubchoo to because of the design.

Second of all. I was never trying to force my ideas on to anyone. And I personally won't even really be disappointed if light doesn't happen. I just feel that it should be acknowledged as a viable type for Xerneas. As we discussed earlier, Psychic and Fighting are not truely pure, so there is no pure type currently. And Dark is impure. It would make a binary. And even if it didn't, just adding new things is cool and they do it in pokemon every gen.

Reshiram and Zekrom did not use the dark vs light concept with a false light substitute like psychic or fighting vs a dark Zekrom. The concept has not been done in pokemon, so it has not missed its chance. Reshiram and Zekrom were the yin and yang pokemon, but that's not synonymous with light and dark. It just refers to opposites in general which can mean a lot of different little things, as is evident in the actual 5th gen. That's all I meant by that. Perhaps I didn't explain it well enough.

It would be fair if both people carried serene grace users, but then that's overcentralizing and creates a game more based on luck than it should be imo. Kyogre would also be "fair" if both people decided to carry it. It's deemed to have unfair things it can do to most opponents though. Anyway, I just think that hax should be toned down a bit to minimize the number of times you have to make that dice roll just for your pokemon to be able to move.

I believe that's all. Now if you're going to respond, do it nicely like I just did. And let's minimize the number of things to unnecessarily argue about this time if you do.
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

[​IMG]
  6. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Is that why everyone spent all day yesterday arguing with me? -_-
    And "snip to my lou"??
  7. Yveltal

Yveltal

Nobody cares right now, because the conversation has moved beyond you. You don't need to make a public apology, because the thread remains to be a discussion about the future of Pokemon in the new generation, it's not about you. Just follow what everyone else is talking about, and share your opinions that are relevant to the current topic(s). The current topics can be justified as anything from the last ten pages or so, save for the argument revolving around you yesterday.

Presently, we are discussing theming and fakemon, among other lesser topics of interest.

So so so! I just wanna know if people think they might do CG movies or not this generation!
  8. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

As I said, I'm glad the conversation has finally moved beyond me. And I certainly wasn't apologizing for anything.

Now then, if we're discussing fakemon, here are some ideas that I believe haven't been mentioned:
    Psychic/Ghost Chimecho evolution

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    Male Buneary Dawn Stone evolution

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    Grass/Fire Cherrim or Sunflora evolution
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  9. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

In relevance, I found a whole bunch of badass fakemon designs.Most fakemon are amazing, such as this one.
    epic panda-lookin thing (open)
    [​IMG]

Possible Grass Fighting? The closest we have to a panda Pokémon is Spinda, which really doesn't look like one at all.

poison canine (open)

[​IMG]

Wow, this one looks amazing. I love the little ghost thing coming out of the first evo's mouth.

grass/dragon? hell yeah (open)

[​IMG]

This is what I want a Grass/Dragon I've been craving since Gen 3 to look like. Either that or a Tropius evolution (PLEASE GAMEFREAK PLEASE)
  10. Yveltal

Yveltal

Naruten, all of those have already been theorized or posted. People really want a Grass/Fire anything, but that SunfloraPotmon has been posted already as the best candidate for that typing. I don't get it, though. The only fire move Sunflora can learn is Sunny Day. What will get added on to it's movepool after evolution?

lolol, FP. You don't like disoriented red pandas? Snorlax is a panda too, ya know :p
  11. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

how could I forget snorlax :O
  12. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Ah, I didn't read the whole thread since it's 150 pages long.

I see it getting at least heat wave through level up. Beyond that, just the typical fire tms.
  13. Onicon

Onicon

We are rooting for a Corsola and Mawile evo ever since they have been released, but moreso since they have got their DW abilities. It would be waste not to let them.
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  14. Infernis

Infernis

Dragon/Flying Altaria evolution. Damn thing looks fully evolved already, but has the stats of a second-stage 'mon. If it evolved again and gained a bit more bulk, it could actually be an effective user of Cloud Nine. (Or some attacking stats. Those base 70 offensive stats do it no favors.)

Like this, minus the weird clasping hands.
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Or even Dragon/Electric with a thunder cloud theme would be neat. (Going from Normal/Flying to Dragon/Flying to Dragon/Electric would be odd, but pretty darn neat.)

Onix could use another evolution, though Steelix with Eviolite would be terrifying.
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Might just be the art style, but that thing looks pretty intimidating.

EDIT: Fuck yes Grass/Dragon Tropius evolution. It'd still be weak as hell to ice, but at least it could learn BANANA METEOR.
  15. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Maybe corsola evo could look like a coral reef itself - a huge bunch of corsolas and various random plants merged together, since that's what coral reefs are made up of. I tried looking my idea up on google, but I couldn't find any pictures to back up my idea. I think it would be pretty cool though.
  16. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

Wait a second Yveltal, did you post the "Shut uuuuuup" thing BEFORE the tag was added or after. I hope before, it'd be awesome if a mod quoted you in the tags XD.

Anyway, people, you should at least read the last page before you go posting. Just last page I saw someone post a fakemon and ask if it was real... when literally the very page before it, someone confirmed it was fake.

Anyway, yeah there are a lot of cool fakemon out there. I have to say that poison fighting dog thing looks a little overly detailed for a Pokemon (usually Pokemon designs are a little smoother with simpler patterning). It's a cool idea though (even though we already have poison/fighting in the Toxicroak line).

That Buneary evolution reminds me far too much of Renamon, though I suppose that's just because that shape is really overdone for fake-mons. It seems a little uninspired is all.

OH and I remember someone was complainging that a lot of quadraped Pokemon end up bipedal, and while that's true there have been examples of the reverse or just losing their legs altogether. So don't lose hope of having some nice quadruped starters this time around!

EDIT:
    I have discovered upon a google search a disturbing lack of BANANA METEOR.

WE NEED MORE BANANA METEOR PEOPLE GET ON IT!
  17. labarith

labarith

A Dragon/Fire type that's decent, but not great, seems like something that should exist thematically. That it'd have a STAB flamethrower is just icing on the cake.

However, I really want a decent Dragon/Steel type. Let it be mainly defensive, it'd be fairly obscene if it was anywhere near 550BSTs.
  18. Basileus

Basileus

Like hell it would! at a 50% boost that gives him 75/130/300 freaking defenses! Could you imagine such a massive wall????? it really be viable to have Sturdy, since with all that defense it is unlikely to get an OHKO and steelix now has the option of using sheer force and becoming a physical sweeper! Would easily put it in OU...

on a better note, here is some nice eeveelution fan art
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

And that mawile picture is epic, I would love to see Nintendo make something even lose to that.
  19. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Where are you findinge these fakemon fan-art? Are you just googling them? I would really like to see how could be a Ghost/Steel on the imagination of people. (i'm not speaking about that CAP pokémon before someone says)
  20. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Guys, come on, be happy. This is page 151 of the Gen 6 thread!

Celebrate! Let your hair down! I don't care, just stop arguing. :3
  21. Yveltal

Yveltal

Yeah, those are cute, but a little hard-pressed to stand up to these
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cuz there's 150 or more to read. to be a thread timeline master is mah DESTINY~Y
  22. TheMrBassdude

TheMrBassdude

The latest Fennekin fakemon got me thinking: what if Gamefreak really wanted to troll us, and gave Fenne2 a fighting secondary, and then dropped it for a different type on Fenne3? I know it's not gonna happen, but as a cynical dick, the idea really amused me.

Also, that proposed Steelix evolution fakemon is one of the most bad-ass sketches I've seen in a while. Got me thinking about how cool it would be to give Onyx an alternate evolution, like Froslass or Gallade. Offensive Rock/Dragon, anyone?
  23. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Basileus, that ghost eeveelution is depressing :o

Has anyone posted these (pr)evos yet?
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

We gotta get some more psychic types that are portrayed to be so mentally powerful that it's scary, like Alakazam and Hypno. It kind of bugs me that most psychic types are either just cute (Reuniclus, Legendary Pixies, Chimecho, etc) or weird (Gothitelle, Exeggutor, Slowbro, etc). This water/psychic Golduck evo would be perfect for that.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

I could definitely see this Qwilfish evo getting aftermath as an ability.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

This Skarmory prevo is one of the few prevos I'd really like to see. I guess the one next to it is supposed to be a Swablu prevo. That's far from necessary.
  24. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Found this guy for you. What do you think?
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

all the other ones I found sucked.
  25. TheMrBassdude

TheMrBassdude

Stop it. If I see more of these amazing fakemons, it's gonna put me off of real Pokemon forever
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)