1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

That's awesome, it's Pokedex entry could be something like "The restless soul of a wrongly accused prisoner. It roams the land, haunting its accusers." That would let it follow on the creepy Ghost pokedex entries.
  2. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

That actually sounds pretty good, never thought of it as a formerly-good ghost craving revenge.

I genuinely thought you were pissed off at me for posting loads of fakemon pictures when I read the first two words, haha
  3. Basileus

Basileus

Never!!!

here is an idea for the new bug and bird of gen six!

U mad bro? (open)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Jabroni

Jabroni

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    Zigzagzap?
  5. shockwave527

shockwave527

Posted that already a WHIIIIIILE back.

Also, are we ever going to get back to what this thread is really about, discussing gen 6/possibilities/views/speculation etc.? Or is this just going to become another thread full of fakemon. Because we might want to change the description to "POST FAKEMON THAT LOOK COOL HERE".
  6. Basileus

Basileus

Well I've never seen it, and I like it XD
  7. shockwave527

shockwave527

8. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

While I don't like any of the designs beyond the first, the idea of a Jacob Marley-esque ghost-prisoner in chains is pretty awesome. I always thought that a haunted suit of armor was perfect for a Ghost/Steel monster, but this idea is just as good. And Jolteon Bandit, you're dex entry is awesome!
  9. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

I actually really like those designs!
  10. Basileus

Basileus

Haunted suit of armor you say?

you don't even get this reference! (open)
    [​IMG]

Seriously though, I think a ghost steel would be too OP, you know that guy kitsunoh or whatever in CAP? Totally broken, they all are, most of the typing in CAP (i.e. grass/fire) are too OP but I digress. Ghost and steel are 2 of the most defensive types in the game (steel defense and ghost special defense) the thing would be a defensive monster. I would fear it in OU...
  11. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You assume it would not have stupid stat layouts

It could very easily put all of its eggs in one stat basket (Defense!) while everything (speed, HP, special defense) suffers.
    And the movepool could turn awful in a hurry
  12. thepokemonmasta

thepokemonmasta

New pokemon rumor for 6th gen :O

I heard there's going to be a bug dragon type. and it will rule the uber metagame. :edit: if you think about it. it would make sense. a dragon the size of a fly it would be able to use substitute. and might i add it has triple stab damage! :edit to my previous edit: It will make Arcious scream in terror. It would be even smaller then pichu but twice the speed of defense form deoxious. im very excited about 6th gen all because i read about this guy on seruby.net
  13. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Thank you for the free spam and/or trolling, bet you're one of the ragers who left the thread...
  14. thepokemonmasta

thepokemonmasta

no im just really excited about this new 6th gen game :) My cousin tought me al about pokemon. im still a beginner and all. barly just beat my first pokemon game after 75hours :edit: and do you ever think magickarp will ever have a pre evolved form, that would be sweet. id like your views on this. thinking back it took me nearly four hours to get me out of mt moon. I played all the pokemon rangers on my ds but how come that style of game is different then these types of pokemon games. my cousin said that the pokemon rangers are suppossed to be the original pikemon games is it ture?
  15. Onicon

Onicon

That isn't even far off for an assumption. According to a Pokedex entry Magikarp used to have an anchestor more useful than its present form. You know you suck when your prevo is more useful than you, a fate Dusknoir had to meet (well, almost, as it has the ability to hold an item, which is useful in doubles).
  16. thepokemonmasta

thepokemonmasta

wow that is amazing it bet it was a monster. i never got mine to evolve sense it kept on splashing everytime i used it :/ i wish i had that version of magicarp
  17. Yveltal

Yveltal

Yes, well.
    If they did introduce the ancient super Magikarp, The most sensible way to reveal it would be as a fossil pokemon. Consider that Magikarp used to be super powerful, but natural evolution over eons cause Magikarp, the basic form of Gyarados, to degenerate. A pre-evolved Magikarp would be extra useless, but AncientMagikarpmon that's shown to have an obvious ancestral connection to Magikarp and Gyarados (like how Archen was said to be the natural ancestor of all modern day bird-like pokemon) would be worthwhile. Plus, if there's an AncientMagikarp, who's to say there wouldn't be an AncientGyarados?
  18. thepokemonmasta

thepokemonmasta

it would be funny if ancient gryarados was just like modern day magikarp. But i really dont think the pre evo of magikarp would be useless, as all pokemon have a use in the world.
  19. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Why thank you sir or madam.

Anywho, I have no idea how we let a troll decide our next topic, but I think the Fossil Magikarp that was actually good would be awesome in a troll face kind of way. All of Magikarp's stat's could be inverted using 100 as the base, so it's stats could be something like:
    80 HP, 90 Atk, 45 Def, 85 SAtk, 80 SDef, 20 Spd, 400 BST

The low speed could account for why it went extinct (easily caught by predators) whereas the faster, albeit weaker, variants of Magikarp were able to escape. I don't know if I'd want an Ancient Gyarados evolution though, since the lore behind Magikarp is the legend that when a Carp jumps (Splashes) over the Dragon Gate, it would turn into a dragon.
  20. shockwave527

shockwave527

Speaking of fossil pokemon
    SHOCKWAVE WANT RELICANTH EVO

Please, Gamefreak? I'll be your best friend.
  21. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

GHOST WANT TOO!

The second type of pokemon (not referencing actual typing but "families" as we may call them) I like the most after ghost pokemon are Fossils dunno tend to like everything dead or that was dead haha.
  22. Yveltal

Yveltal

Coelacanths haven't had a drastic evolution in eons. Since Pokemon does replicate the real world in certain respects regarding their evolutionary choices amongst animalistic pokemon, I don't see SuperRelicanth happening. Unless he could evolve into a human-faced fish/mermaid...I mean, that would keep his timeless mysticism present in a potential evolution. Still though, Relicanth evo is just unlikely.
  23. Infernis

Infernis

It's been brought up before, but Dunkleosteus makes for a pretty damn good Relicanth evolution. It's not directly related, but both have weird tetrapod-style lobed fins. Also, rock heads. Check this shit out.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

That's an artist's interpretation based on fossil evidence.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

That's a goddamn Dunkleosteus skull. Its teeth are more like blades fused to its jaws, and it could bite with the force of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. It could physically suck in prey because of the suction created by its ability to open its maw in 1/50th of a second. It could close it about as quickly. Best part? Damn thing was covered in armor like craggy rocks. (Hint, hint.) See those circles above the jaw? Armored. Fucking. Eye sockets. If there's one real, ancient, fish that can Head Smash like a motherfucker, it's Dunkleosteus.

I'ma go sprite it.
  24. Groombridge

Groombridge

True - the whole point of a coelacanth poke is that it doesn't change. It's a Lazarus taxon, something that vanished from the fossil record then reappeared in the wild.

So if we can't evolve Relicanth, let's go with the next best thing: an Elvis taxon. That's something that looks like it came back from the dead, but isn't related at all - it's an impersonator.

Maybe a poke that appears to be an evolution of Relicanth, but isn't.

What I'm saying is I want a Rock/Water fish with 100-100-140-55-75-65 stats, Rock Head/Swift Swim/Illusion (it's an impersonator, right?) and a massive Elvis quiff on its head. Maybe put this fish in a jumpsuit a la comeback Elvis. Fck yea.
  25. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

As Alomomola looks like a huge luvdisc? xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)