1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

Many ppl say gen 5 is like A new gen 1. Or if It is older gens put tgt? So, is munna like a slowpoke? Or gothita like a ralts? If it is. Then give a dusk Stone to a male gothorita And it wil evolve to a psychic dark type. Give munna something and it will Evolve to a more offensive elephant.??? i still cant Think of any gen 5 pokemon that are like previous Gens. Maybe A confagrigus will evolve to another ghost like a duskclops.
  2. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Gamefreak wanted a "fresh start" on gen 5, meaning there are no previous gens pokemon that you can catch in the regular playtrough (exception for BW2) and no evolutions of old pokemons. This is what they mean with "a new gen one". Simply a new start. That said, based on the trailers from X and Y, they are not keeping that motto for gen 6 since loads of old pokemons are revealed in the trailer.

Oh and guys, I was thinking. Imo it would be awesome if there was a ability, named Dragon Blood or Dragon Gene or dragon ancestry or something for pokemon like charizard, gyarados and non-dragon dragon pokemon alike. Something that gains them a few extra resistances (like thick fat but maybe some different types) or maybe that it adds a dragon "stab" with the ability. Something that links them too being dragon. Would def like that.
  3. Sgt.Moose

Sgt.Moose

[​IMG]
    Relicanth evo you say?
  4. thepokemonmasta

thepokemonmasta

Pinser is actually overdue for a evolution.
  5. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

I don't think we'd specifically know if many old pokemon show up through the playthrough just because they showed up in the trailer. There's always the thought that they were used just to prevent any more new pokemon from making an appearance.

I kinda like that ability. I always felt kinda bad for those guys who stuck with non-dragon typings
  6. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Agreed, but it's safe too say that old pokemons will return unlike gen 5. If they would continue that from gen 5, they would never show old pokes as it would be the opposite of their fresh start marketing. So i think it's pretty safe too say old pokes will be found pre-national dex, doesn;t have to mean it have too be many. I just hope magikarp can be caught in early game!
  7. Ryanide

Ryanide

I just have to say, that Dunkelosteus skull is one of the most awsome things I've seen in a while.

One of the biggest things on my wish list for gen 5 is the selfish request that they give Umbreon something to make it viable in OU again, or just more offensive/status options in general. More hard hitting STAB moves for Weavile, a priority attack for Meinshao, and more boosting and defensive options for Floatsel.
  8. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

In the Gen. V trailer, they only showed new pokemon, there were no pokemon at all anywhere on the trailer. It was a "fresh start" generation with no ties to the previous ones in any way. As a result, I would say that, in keeping with the "even-odd" pokemon generations trend (odds are all about new starts and lots of new pokemon, while evens are mainly about few pokemon but many evolutions and improvements on old ones) this generation will be more like Generations 2 and 4, lots of evos and prevos, not so many new species.
  9. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

Pokemon that deserve to evolve:

GEN I: Farfetch'd, Golduck, Jynx, Kangaskhan (prevo and evo), Mr. Mime, Normal Eevee, Pinsir, Tauros (Evo and prevo)
    GEN II: Delibird, Dunsparce, Girafarig, Heracross, Miltank (same prevo as Tauros and evo), Qwilfish, Sudowoodo
    GEN III: Absol, Altaria, Castform, Luvdisc, Mawile, Spinda, Tropius
    GEN IV: Carnivine, Chatot, Male Combee
    GEN V: Basculin, Beheeyem, Stunfisk

I also hope that they fix the silly, obvious gender things like Male Jynx and Gardevoir and female Mr. Mime. I always thought that Mr. Mime and Jynx should have just come from the same prevo and evolved based on gender anyway (but they can't do that without retconning out the wazoo). Same thing for Tauros and Miltank, same prevo that evolves based on gender.
  10. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Bolin!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

Speaking of things that need evo's why not some mons that could use pre-evolutions as well? I'll start by posting the list of everything banned in Little Cup

Carvanha
    Meditite
    Gligar
    Scyther
    Sneasel
    Tangela
    Vulpix
    Yanma

The few that jump out at me are mons that originally never evolved such as Gligar and Sneasel (considered a pair), Scyther, Tangela, and Yanma. Giving all of these pre-evolutions would assist in putting them in Little Cup with a reasonable BST. I would also say Skarmory has long needed one as well since its pair Mantine got one in gen 4, not too late to fix this stuff.

Plus some of them would be incredibly adorable and egg mons have always been interesting in how they can expand the movepool but exclude attacks stuck in the past generation. The lack of expanding existing mons is something that really bugged me about gen 5 so here is hoping they do add some more.
  11. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Looks like lapras, haha
  12. Flareon

Flareon

Relicanth is a Coeleocanth though. It's nicknamed "living Fossil" specifically because it never evolved from ages ago, a Relicanth Evo wouldn't stylistically make sense.
  13. Superpyro

Superpyro

I wonder if and what Eeveelutions we might get this generation?
  14. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Everyone's dying for a Dragon eevee, but I doubt it'll ever happen. Ground, Steel and Fighting would be nice though.
  15. Flareon

Flareon

Before we talk about new evolutions, we need to help the existing ones.

Hint Hint.
  16. Infernis

Infernis

We already got a better luvdisc, though. Relicanth and Kecleon would be neat. I could have added a bit more detail to the frontal armor, but here's my take on a Relicanth evolution. That last sprite looked like a Plesiosaur, which isn't even a fish anymore. O_o

[​IMG]

Name: Relidira
    Species: The Endurance Pokemon
    Pokedex Entry: Relidira have tough armor that allow them to withstand the crushing pressures of the deepest ocean trenches. Though slow, they never stop swimming. Nobody knows how long they can live.

Name Origin: From relic, meaning something old that has survived the passage of time, and arthrodira, meaning grim joint. (The order of ancient fish that contained Dunkleosteus.) Also relating to dire.

You can justify an evolution if you make them live in even deeper holes than the last, right? Sure, Dunkleosteus and the Coelacanth aren't really related, but neither are most axolotl likely to evolve into giant salamanders.

Base stats:

HP: 100 → 105
    Atk: 90 → 100
    Def: 130 → 140
    SpA: 45 → 45
    SpD: 65 → 90
    Spe: 55 → 65
  17. Yveltal

Yveltal

not counting Gen VI, 91% of all non-legendary pokemon are connected through evolution. in Gen IV, the percentage of non-legendaries that had a connection to evolution was also 91%. in Gen III, almost 90% of all non-legendaries had a connection. There's a rough constant of pokemon that can evolve vs pokemon that can't evolve that I think Game Freak has kept in mind for a long time.
  18. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

But GameFreak never used the term evolution properly in the first place... why start now? Real life =/= Pokemon
  19. JumpTigerX

JumpTigerX

I just hope they improve kecleon....
    or give him an evolution so then i can use evolite haha.
  20. Geodude6

Geodude6 I COULD BE BANNED!

What if... The 2 player characters are actually related? Like twin brother and sister or something. Sure would solve What happened to the mouse? situations like those that have been in previous games (thinking FRLG here)
  21. RBG

RBG But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

The original Japanese name doesn't imply gender at all.
  22. Infernis

Infernis

Gen IV added 22 evolutions and 7 pre-evolutions. Gen III added 2 pre-evolutions. Gen II added 11 evolutions and 7 pre-evolutions. Gen V added 0 of both.

9 of Gen II's evolutions were added to previously standalone Pokemon. Only wynaut was added to a standalone Pokemon in Gen III. Gen IV added 15.

If the new game adds a similar amount as Johto and Sinnoh, it'll have 100-ish new Pokemon. 56 non-legendary Pokemon do not evolve out of 607. If they add in 105 more Pokemon, and 10 of them are legendary, that means that 9 or 10 of them would be unrelated to any other Pokemon. Or, more accurately, that will be the net gain of non-evolving Pokemon.

At the time the games were released, 19 were standalone in Gen I, 21 in gen II, 18 in gen III, 8 in gen IV, and 13 in gen V.

After later games added evolutions: 6 cannot evolve in Gen I, 12 in gen II, 15 in gen III, 8 in gen IV, and 13 in gen V.

That's an average of 16 non-evolving Pokemon added per game. To maintain the 91% balance of evolution, 6 pokemon who previously could note evolve would need to be given evolutions. The largest category is Gen 3, but most likely they'd give some love to the other generations with one or two from those.

My candidates? Tropius, Absol, Relicanth, Mawile, Sableye, Corsola, Sawk/Throh, Skarmory, and Kecleon.

That may be so, but Jynx and Gardevoir look pretty feminine. Solved somewhat with Gallade, but not entirely.
  23. jonmccaskill

jonmccaskill

Add Magcargo to Gen II and I'm on board.
  24. Yveltal

Yveltal

In regards to how Pokemon uses evolution, it's more or less a form of metamorphosis. But think how weird it would be for children to say "My Bulbasaur is metamorphosing!" "evolve" is an easier word and concept for children to grasp. When we consider Bulbasaur, we note that it's a frog-like thing that runs into a bigger frog-like thing. They say it's a different species each time it evolves, but why do Venusaur produce baby Bulbasaur instead of their own direct species? This is the real conflict that Pokemon has with the evolution theory. A Bulbasaur is more or less a young Venusaur that, when it matures completely, will normally be recognized as a Venusaur, assuming it has been given the chance to evolve, or successfully metamorphose, to that state of being. We can assume that Bulbasaur and its evolutionary line looks the way it does today due to millenia of natural selection and evolution in a more natural sense.
    Now we can consider Relicanth, who is based on a species that hasn't majorly diverted in its lineage over thousands of years, unlike much of the rest of the worlds fauna.Relicanth wouldn't sensibly get an evolution because of its theming. A young Relicanth will just get bigger, but it won't evolve because Coelacanths haven't changed all that much since they were first deemed extinct before their rediscovery. There are bigger, badder fish in the sarcopterygii family that are related to the coelacanth, but many sensible evolutions for Relicanth are a step further back in time. And that's rather senseless.

Also, I'd just like to say something about feminine Pokemon. It's not that big of a deal. Do you really think effeminate pokemon all need to have a divergent male counterpart? There's no male variation of Rosemon, and she's boobilicious as fuck! Jynx was made before gender was an issue, and we all assumed they were just naturally girls. And they are. So there. Also, female Mr. Mimes make for an even crazier sideshow attraction, because it's a bald chick! I'd be ok if they went and made an acrobatic female evolution for Mime Jr, but you shouldn't fuss over it so much.
  25. Infernis

Infernis

I don't think anyone is honestly offended about those Pokemon, really.

As for Relicanth, they're always wanting to bring in new ways to get new forms of old Pokemon, right? Leveling up a pokemon in a previously inaccessible area, trading it with a never-before-seen item, touching a cold rock, et cetera. Now: crazy idea.

Relicanth doesn't evolve into anything. It evolves from something. Something more ancient and powerful. Instead of a weaker pre-evolution, a stronger one. A female Relicanth holding a [Time Incense?] is bred, and HOLY FUCK WHAT'S THAT A DUNKLEOSTEUS. A hidden gene carried by Relicanth is used to create a prehistoric monster!

Amazing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)