1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farrac

Farrac

In regards of that post, I don't think we've discussed about new types of evolution yet. Any idea? Leveling up on a specific weather, for example.
  2. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

I actually have thought that if they implemented the evolution in the middle of a battle, a new type of evolution could be placed, for example, zangoose and seviper who evolve after defeating or being defeated by their rival after some level/happiness/stat requirements are met, and only working if the rival is at or above your level if you have to defeat it.
  3. Farrac

Farrac

That's too complex. I agree with the evolution in the middle of a battle though
  4. Jolteon Bandit

Jolteon Bandit

This is true, Mr. Mime does not have any indication in his Japanese name and was intended to be equally male and female. Still, it looks like a bald guy in a clown suit with ridiculous hair. I can understand how translators could have simply named him "Mr." since genders were not introduced until the next gen. So if Mime is anyone's fault, it's the translators. Still though, it looks more masculine than feminine, and Jynx has no excuse. Same with Gardevoir, it's probably the most elegant pokemon in the game. And that's my real big problem with the humanoid pokemon, they look too similar to humans for me to completely suspend reality instead of taking them at face value.

BTW, Tauros and Miltank idea WILL be integrated, wheather GF likes it or not!!
  5. reaverz

reaverz

Jolteon Bandit, there are no male Jynx. Never have been. Don't know where you got the idea there were...
  6. Lorenz

Lorenz

Evos/prevos would be nice but I want something that'll have a bigger impact on the competitive scene. Preferably limiting the duration of auto-weather to 5 turns or 8 with the specific weather stone.
  7. Infernis

Infernis

New evolutions can have a huge impact on the competitive scene. You don't see Magmortar much, but Scizor is everywhere. Mamoswine is a dangerous dragonslayer. Gliscor can stall like a vertically-ascending biplane. Magnezone is the consummate steel-killer. New evolutions means more good Pokemon. (By definition they're more powerful than those they replace. Except for Dusknoir.)

But yes, I hope that either weather gets nerfed next generation or there's more to counter it. Particularly rain. Fire is already weak enough because of stealth rock. :(
  8. Ryanide

Ryanide

On the topic of stealth rock, either it could use a nerf or spin-type moves and counters need to become more widespread. I also think the idea of letting rock-types absorb stealth rock when they switch in is really nice.
  9. reaverz

reaverz

Yeah, I'd like more overhauls of existing abilities too, as that was one of the neater things from Gen V. In addition to your change for Drizzle and Drought, here are the changes I would make to existing abilities...

Aftermath: Same effect; also doubles the power of Selfdestruct/Explosion used by a Pokemon with this ability.
    Air Lock/Cloud Nine: Changed to actually remove the weather upon entry.
    Forewarn: Changed to list the foe's entire moveset.
    Healer: Changed to cure each adjacent ally with a status condition 50% of the time at the end of every turn.
    Infiltrator: Same effect; also ignores a foe's Substitute when attacking.
    Run Away: Same effect; also allows the Pokemon to switch out of battle even when trapped.
    Unnerve: Same effect; also disables the foe's Leftovers.
    Wonder Guard: Same effect; also negates all indirect damage just like Magic Guard.
  10. blitzlefan

blitzlefan I remember it all too well...
    is a Pre-Contributor

Lol weird stuff like female Machamp (aghhhhhhhhhhhh) just scares me. Female Mr. Mime (aghhhhhhhhhhhhh). Also, I wish old/outdated moves could be gotten again! Wish Blissey in game anyone? I would also like an Arceus event/Jirachi event/Darkrai event, etc. It's almost impossible to get some of the older legendaries and I wish you could get them again. Last thing Heracross and Absol definitely need an evolution.
  11. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Somebody suggested a new ability earlier to make certain pokemon more dragon-like in battle despite not being dragon type. I love the idea and would like to expand on it.

Dragon Blood: Dragon type damage output x1.3, damage taken from dragon type moves x1.3 (Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Lapras, etc)
    Bug Eyes: Bug type damage output x1.3 (Flygon line, Dunsparce and its potential non-bug evo, Gliscor line, etc)
    Sea Life: Water type damage output x1.3, damage taken from water type moves x0.7 (Dragonite line, Lugia, Stunfisk, Cradily and Armaldo lines, etc)
  12. blitzlefan

is a Pre-Contributor

that just makes more centralization around the same attacking types though...
    i'd like it much better if they introduced abilities that promoted the "weaker" attacking types like poison or grass, say if idk abilities like adaptibility were given to them. hopefully, a double STAB combo would make it more profitable to use them
  13. Lorenz

Lorenz

I really like that idea for infiltrator. It makes sense given the name. Don't agree with Wonder Guard though, Shedinja is the only thing that gets it, it isn't near broken.
  14. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

The point is to acknowledge those traits of certain pokemon. So be it if there are a few more pokemon that like to use water type moves.
    I do agree though that adaptability would be nice on something like a poison type.
    The change that was mentioned would help Shedinja a lot. Of course it's not currently broken, it sucks.
  15. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Yup. That, or extra resistances thick-fat like. Would def help gyrados out.
  16. reaverz

reaverz

The change would help Shedinja out a lot seeing as it isn't super effective moves that usually KO Sheddy, it's the passive damage like weather, entry hazards, etc.

The change to Wonder Guard would require super effective moves to beat Sheddy. And with its common weaknesses along with Team Preview, I doubt it would be too hard anyway.
  17. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

No. Just.... do you know what magic guard does? It negates all indirect damage. That would make shedninja even harder to kill, and it already is pretty hard to kill if you don't have the right pokemon.
  18. Lorenz

Lorenz

That's what I think too. WAY too easy to make a scenario where you lose simply because you don't have something to hit it super effective.
  19. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

Fire, Rock, Ghost, and Dark are extremely common attacking types, and you see Flying every now and then too. I find it hard to imagine a scenario where across 24 moves, not a single Pokémon would have an attack of one of those types.
  20. blitzlefan

is a Pre-Contributor

However, late game, this thing could become infuriating. Not to mention this thing would become extremely broken in Ubers. I'd much rather have a big majority of pokemon with decent moves/stats/abilities/etc. than a small amount of OP mons like nearly invincible Shedinja.
  21. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

I've wanted them to change Pick Up to where it will Pick Up all the entry hazards on your side of the field, basically an auto rapid spin.
  22. shockwave527

shockwave527

Something that I think they could do to totally change things up:

8 Pokemon in party

Not like you think, so hear me out.
    You'd have two extra spots in your party, I'll call them "Shadow slots". You put two pokemon in these slots. To switch pokemon in or out of them, you must either be in a pokemon center or not be in a battle (could go either way, whatever fits better. I'm not saying both of these would be allowed). Yet when someone challenges you to an 8-battle, those pokemon are avaliable for use in battle. This could work great for later, more powerful trainers.

This could also help with some of the annoyances over "HM slaves". Maybe pokemon in these slots, while not avaliable for regular battle, could still be used for their HMs. Don't want a water type on your team? Keep one in the shadow slot for surf.

And they could also have the option for an 8-battle wifi battle. Just imagine how different the game could be just by adding 2 extra pokemon. It could be a whole new thing altogether. The good thing about it would be, aside from maybe some later optional battles, it doesn't HAVE to be used, so it'd have no real effect on people who just want to play the game with 6 pokemon or stick to the regular kind of wifi battling.

Also, speaking of abilities, one more idea:

What if there was an ability allowing a pokemon to learn one extra move? Or something that would allow a pokemon to have two "move sets", which each contain a move called "set shift". This would allow the pokemon, when it uses that move, to switch over to the other set of moves and thus have 6 other moves at it's disposal.

But I prefer the first idea (the one unrelated to abilities).
  23. Lorenz

Lorenz

I was thinking more in GBU (would explain why I prefer it much much more than Smogon standard but that's off topic). You see Shedinja in team preview and you HAVE to ensure you have a super effective attack or else you're screwed.
  24. labarith

labarith

It'd be super neat if there was something that evolved/changed forms based on the pokerus it caught...
  25. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Geez, unless they upgraded the chance of catching Pokèrus, people without Wi-Fi would have a lot of problems.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)