1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMrBassdude

TheMrBassdude

Yeah haha. And then, of course, the inverse. If Gallade could give itself +1 Attack, Defense and Speed in one turn. Or Infernape. Hell, even Emboar could get use out of it. That's why I'm praying we don't get physical Fighting Quiver Dance
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

Fun fact! Shaymin and Chespin are both hedgehogs, and also both Grass-types. Is this grounds for specula?
    Here's my loosely founded theory: Shaymin turns into a terrier if the trainer wishes so, and she always gave me this sort of terriermon vibe. Maybe Chespin will, to a lesser extent, become a fleet footed dog-inspired Finalpin. Don't count out the possibility that Chespin could evolve into something speedy without being a blatant ripoff of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Also, I believe the Dragon type in general is sort of the attribute of mysticism of the Pokemon world. Anything that should be highly magical and mostly untouchable by conventional means (typical techniques that most Pokemon can use, such as the Dragon types resistances) is made into a dragon. Dragonite's a fairy dragon, Kingdra is partially inspired by the king of ryu-ju-go, Altaria is based on the legendary Peng, Flygon is an adult antlion which are highly resemblant of dragonflies (DRAGONflies. Plus, some species of dragonflies are reffered to as "sand dragons"), Garchomp is the infamous land shark, Hydreigon is a magical beast of dark ancient origin (he draws basis from both hydras and zmeys), and the legendary dragons are all based on concepts, like the makeup of the sky and why day turns to night and the realities of both time and space.
    With this kind of logic, I think it's a possibility that a fox can become part dragon. It'd be like the extra-magical Ninetales, though I'd only expect Fennekin's final form to have maybe four or five tails as a Kyuubu instead of the mythologically more powerful Kyuubis, Pokemon's power creep would justify Finalkin being (potentially) better than Ninetales.

On another note, LonelyCub (the child of LonelyWolf) has an idea that I've also entertained. A new Eevee, except as a completely different animal with the same ability to split evolve into three different forms based on special evolution methods. I figured maybe a bird or a lizard to keep it aesthetically disassociated would seem like a classic Game Freak maneuver.
  3. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

I just thought of something even worse than all those 3 combined- Terrakion in sandstorm. Imagine, boosted Attack, boosted speed, boosted defence, and the pseudo-special defence boost from sandstorm, oh dear god ;_;
  4. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Sorry, I just assumed that by "betting" on it, you thought it was actually the most likely.

A big mystical flying bug and bird are dragon-like enough to be given the dragon type. I just really have trouble seeing a mammal being dragon type.
    Trapinch is a larval antlion. Fully grown antlions are basically just dragonflies. So I could see it. Not that I would look at Trapinch and find it likely to become part dragon. You're right that you can never know for sure from the stage 1 (especially since certain pokes even change species basis). I just find it extremely unlikely though for Fennekin. Like, less than a 1% chance.
  5. Wishy

Wishy

Water/Electric viking-frog is the way to go. Then I can nickname him Thor and we travel the Pokemon world smashing everything to pieces with Froakie3's unique equip, Mjolnir, which increases his STAB from 1.5x to 150x.

Ridiculousness aside, Water/Electric is a pretty cool type that I would like to see again (IIRC, only Lanturn and Chinchou have that typing). Whether as one of Froakie's evolutions, or available somewhere else in the game.
  6. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Rotom W? But I like your ideas, hahah
  7. TheMrBassdude

TheMrBassdude

One of my favorite ideas we've seen yet. I'd much rather see a lizard go Steel, Rock and Flying than Eevee, for instance
  8. b2j135

b2j135

guys guys
    [youtube]tn6ojfk6rdo[/youtube]
    how do you feel after watching this?
    I think these are actually quite believable...
  9. ciaranroy

ciaranroy

Those Froakie evolutions will haunt my dreams forever. Otherwise, I like the ideas.
  10. TheMrBassdude

TheMrBassdude

Eh. I liked the second Chespin, but his final seems a little too over the top, even for Gamefreak. Fennekin's were pretty bad, in my opinion; not enough change, and they all looked to be the same size. I liked the Froakie line, though
  11. Basileus

Basileus

I agree that Chespins is too much, but fennikin's line was actually my favorite. Also, Froakie's mid evo looks like it could be its final.
  12. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

My problem with the designs in that video, as with the designs for most fake-mon, is that they're just too dang busy. Most Pokemon don't have that many things going on at once. Consider all the protruding spikes and leaves and everything on that final Chespin evo, or the massive amount of decorative bits on it, combined with the varied swirling patterns on the body.

There's just too much going on. Even the most detailed Pokemon (see things like the gen V starters) have a sort of smooth, unified look to them. They have details but they're consistent across the design and don't generally overwhelm the main shape of the Pokemon. It's hard to get this right for fake-mon designers, so we often end up with crazy over the top things like that Chespin+ design. On the other end of the scale we'll get things like that Fennekin evo that just doesn't show enough distinction. Finding that happy medium is challenging and failing to do so can often tip me off to a fake in and of itself.

So yeah, not too impressed by those.

On another note... I TOTALLY know that the starter typings will be!

Chespin+: Grass/Fighting
    Froakie+: Water/Fighting
    Fennekin+: Fire/Fighting

Becaues gamefreak like TOTALLY knows how much we love the fire/fighting starters, LET'S JUST GIVE EVERYONE FIGHTING TYPE WOOOOOOO!

Yes this is a joke and a bad one at that. I'm just starting to get annoyed by the starter speculation since it's becoming increasingly clear to me we'll have no freaking clue until they actually come out.
  13. Dia

Dia

I only want a flying and a normal eevolution. That's all I ask for.
  14. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

The only typing I'm hoping for this gen is Ghost/Steel.

[​IMG]

Make it happen Game Freak. ;A;
  15. Basileus

Basileus

It would be interesting if Eevee had an Evo for every type, just to satisfy my OCD ya know?
  16. Practisecactus

Practisecactus

As with people before me, I don't really like the fennekin evos, but I feel they're off for a different reason. Unless, during my x and y information hiatus GF ruled out the possibility of fire/psychic (which I'm still hoping for), I feel like the fennekin evos aren't elegant enough to be consistent with its starter form.

And if that froakie line is 10% accurate, there is no chance I'm using that thing. Hell, I doubt I'll even finish the pokedex.
  17. Majestic Electric

Majestic Electric

A Flying Eeveelution would be pretty neat, but Im sure a Normal one wouldn't happen. Eevee is already a Normal-type.
  18. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

I think a normal eevee evo would be pretty neat, even if it would be outclassed by other normal types.
  19. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

Oh you mean just a normal evolution through level or something for Eevee? I would love to see that, just to see what an Eevee would look like evolving under no extreme environmental conditions
  20. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

[​IMG]
    I really like this one. It has a sort of Native American flair to it, similar to Braviary; IMO.

[​IMG] = [​IMG]
    ...at least IMO it looks too similar...
  21. reaverz

reaverz

I agree with you that GameFreak has thrown a ton of curveballs in regards to starter designs and types before, so I guess I could get behind Grass/Steel, Fire/Dragon, and Water/Ground despite my disagreement with having Dragon starters. But remember, Water/Ground does not get SE on Grass/Steel as you had said.

You also suggested Water/Fighting as an alternative, but admitted it wouldn't be perfect since it can't hit Fire/Dragon for SE. Then you said it doesn't have to be, drawing a comparison between Grass/Steel and Empoleon saying it's proof that it hasn't always been perfect. And while that's technically true, there's still one thing you overlooked: Empoleon still hit Infernape for SE. This fact, that Water/Fighting doesn't hit Fire/Dragon for SE, poses a problem because the primary starter triangle is compromised between the three.

Although Gen IV's starters were strange typing-wise, the primary triangle was kept intact. Torterra "beat" Empoleon, Infernape "beat" Torterra, and Empoleon "beat" Infernape, each through STAB. While Empoleon's Steel weakened Torterra's Grass, Torterra's acquired Ground type still made sure it could still hit it for SE. The semi-reverse triangle they had going ultimately didn't matter; however, each starter set so far has adhered to the regular SE triangle.

Basically, I wouldn't count on a type setup among the three that prevented the whole "Grass beats Water, Fire beats Grass, Water beats Fire" starter triangle from occurring. Water/Fighting just doesn't work with a starter set that includes Grass/Steel and Fire/Dragon.
  22. czechm8

czechm8

The Atk/Def/speed quiver dance move is awesome, but it would need bad distribution. Maybe poision type on a new non crappy poision mon. For not being awful maybe a secondary typing like water with good neutral coverage.
  23. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

Normal Eevee would be interesting as its evolutions all have some sort of adaptation niche theme going on. So normal eevee would be the middle man of all this. I would imagine its stats would be balanced in some way. It might carve a niche for itself in the metagame in some way.

Dragon Eevee (which doesn't make much sense if you were to think about it) would take that up to eleven since dragons are known for their power and above average stats. It probably would be one of the better eevee evolutions.

Personally I want to see a Ghost Eevee but there would be too much dead Eevee jokes.

You guys post faster than me. D:
  24. TheMrBassdude

TheMrBassdude

Now, THAT's a move I could get behind haha. Poison would work for that. Electric would be awesome, too, or even Fire (assuming Flareon got it, and Darmanitan didn't). But the original idea of Fighting type for it is ridiculously OP
  25. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Imagine Muk's Curse set, but with a increase to speed instead of a decrease. He'd become wayy better in NU.
    Drapion could really benefit from this move too. With already decent Attack, Defence and Speed stats, he's become a monster with that move.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)