1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basileus

Basileus

He might get pushed to RU and then become crap though :P
  2. Farrac

Farrac

Eevee--->Eeveelution--->Third normal type evolution
  3. Basileus

Basileus

Guys, I wasn't talking about normal type eevee evo at all, lol.
  4. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

It doesn't help there's convos going here and there. D:

I just wish news would pop up and slap us in the face.
  5. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

True, but he's not doing that well in NU to be honest, just gets demolished by all the common bulky psychic types :)

There will be news soon, Corocoro scans should be released in the next few days.
  6. Basileus

Basileus

Corocoro comes out feb. 15th I think. So about a week of waiting but it will come soon, don't worry. Plus, sometimes pages are leaked early ;)
  7. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

That's good to know.

I did see some fake scans but fake scans are bound to happen.
  8. Jabroni

Jabroni

Ha I know what you mean!

I was set on getting froakie. Unfortunately I saw the awesome fan art we all saw ages ago
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

And although the real final form will almost certainly be better than that latest example in the vid, it will still never live up to this froakin awesomeness.

Btw, can someone quickly explain where all these water/electric starter theories are coming from? (I know fennekin had a kind of psychic lookin move there in the trailer, but where's all this talk of froakie/thor based on?) if we're going with a norse theme, surely ice powers like that of froakie, sorry, I mean Loki. I guess his bubbles could double as thunder clouds...
  9. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Some people think Froakie resembles Ben Franklin. The whole kite experiment and all.

And then that got transmorfed into viking & thor because internet

By sometimes he means "Every time"
    Usually around the 10th at the earliest, no later than the 12th.
    I think August issues usually leak around the 8th for some reason.
  10. Dia

Dia

You must be a pretty cool father.
    Yeah, the normal type eevelution could be part of a three-stage line. It would actually be pretty neat to see a fully evolved Eevee without changing types. Here is a fakemon I found
    http://nueva-paz.deviantart.com/art/PKMN-concept-Eevee-normal-evo-115560379

As for the flying type evo:
    http://jadedhyrt.deviantart.com/art/Sketch-Flying-Eevee-Evolution-284881664
  11. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

I think these are among the better looking and more likely starter evos. This is basically the only Fennekin evo fan art that isn't too generic and actually fits the whole desert fox thing.
  12. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

Just a reminder to everyone speculating Eeveeolutions, I'd like to point out that all 7 eeveeolutions so far have the same set of Base stats, just rearanged. Any future evolutions will almost certainly have 1 base stat of 60, 2 of 65, 1 of 95, 1 of 110 and 1 of 130. So something like the balanced stats suggested for a normal eeveelution would be highly unlikely under the current model, unless they make it clear somehow that the normal type eeveeolution is special in some way.

Anyway, as others have said before, it's unlikely that the new Coro Coro will reveal too much, considering that we still have 8 more months until release.

My advice is to expect nothing at all, because then anything that appears will seem more than you expected :P
  13. Basileus

Basileus

I freaking love this! who is the artist???
  14. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Remember that they did not even acknowledge the starters last issue

If anything I expect them to get a proper feature (of stuff we already knew) and maybe artwork for our player
  15. Yveltal

Yveltal

this is for all of you who feel that you need it:
    [​IMG]
  16. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Didn't we get a steady stream of new pokemon from corocoro each month with 5th gen? I don't entirely remember because I didn't pay as much attention back then, but I definitely remember checking serebii and seeing 2-3 new pokemon every month or so for a while before the japanese release.
    I couldn't find who made it. It was just a google images result that took me to a thread where somebody who wasn't the creator posted it.
  17. reaverz

reaverz

Actually, we're due for a "movie coverage" issue. I think February is almost always the month that the Coro Coro issue focuses on the upcoming movie. It usually reveals the complete and final title of the movie, any new forms for existing Pokemon starring in the movie, has the first excerpt of major plot details, and reveals any new Pokemon that play a big role in the movie.

My guess is that we will get one new Gen VI Pokemon revealed in this issue of Coro Coro. The new Pokemon will have a starring role in the movie opposite Genesect, will be of the Lucario sort, and have its name in the title. Incidentally, does anyone remember this?

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

This was an advertisement for the movie shown back in December that showcased merchandise for the movie (in the form of tassels and watches). See the silhouetted watch at the very right, above Pikachu? Well, Serebii said that the ad states that there are two "mystery merchandise." Could these be featuring Gen VI Pokemon?
  18. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

Can we have male gothorita to evolve to a dark/psychic? To be like male kirlia who evolved to psychic. Using the dusk stone on it cause its dark.

And the chespin evolvin into a kangaroo shape looks like a good last stage for him. And he grows 6 arms with boxing gloves like a quirk from the miscrits Game.

And based on wat i see in previous fire Starters, the last evo WILL always have a visible Fire pattern. Like charizard tail, typhlosion back and so on. So fennekin becomes a will-o-wisp that is Shaped like A werewolf And becomes a fire ghost Type. (A werewolf idea is seriously cool though. If the ghost doesnt make it, fire/fightin werewolf?)

Water pokemon normally have a either a Singnature move or A singnature 'weapon' on it. Blastoise guns(hydro cannon), feraligatr tail or TEETH(waterfall or aqua tail?)., swampert with its earthquake detection stuff(muddy water), empoleon with is large metal claws(dunno its singnature move Brine? Aqua jet?) Samurott with its large horn( razor shelll) or froakie evolves into a mass of bubbles that float around an washes ppl to death. Or a thundercloud that goes boom each time it farts. Water/poison type for both options.
  19. Wishy

Wishy

Ah, right. Missed that one. But that's only 1 more! Therefore, we still need more Water/Electric.

The Froakie evo Jabroni posted is pretty great. Add some flavour text about it's beard being able to generation electricity and BAM, we have a winner.
  20. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

Honestly while I really like this idea I do feel that male Gothitelles are a giant shout out to...

[​IMG]

...Mana of Malice Mizer which is probably the point. Mana helped popularized the Gothic Lolita fashion and coined the term Elegant Gothic Lolita. And yes that's a guy. You know Japan. But if your idea does happen Gothitelle's new form would look more like...

[​IMG]

In any case. Make it happen Game Freak! And I wanted to get that out of the way.

Sorry for any large images. I couldn't find anything better. D:
  21. shockwave527

shockwave527

Here's my opinion on possible Secondary starter types. This is just my thoughts on what it could be (not based off designs or anything, but any possible types from anywhere and which are extremely unlikely.

Show Hide

Let's list the types:
    Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Flying, Ground, Rock, Bug, Dark, Psychic, Fighting, Poison, Steel, Ice, Dragon, Ghost

I will remove these in groups.

Let's start with the first set:
    Fire, Water, and Grass
    These are unlikely secondary types, as they ARE the starting types, and adding them, unless for all three, seems confusing and HIGHLY unlikely.

Left:
    Normal, Electric, Flying, Ground, Rock, Bug, Dark, Psychic, Fighting, Poison, Steel, Ice, Dragon, Ghost

Next:
    Normal
    Normal is an incredibly rare second type to have, unless you are also flying. Few pokemon have gotten it before, and they have it right from the start. To have a pokemon gain a normal typing is just strange, unlikely for starters, and if they wanted something to be "normal" they'd probably just leave it as a (much more likely) monotype.

Left:
    Electric, Flying, Ground, Rock, Bug, Dark, Psychic, Fighting, Poison, Steel, Ice, Dragon, Ghost

Next:
    Dragon and Ghost
    These are two of the end-game power types. They are extremely rare, and few pokemon have these typings. To give this to a starter just seems far off and overpowered. It's a slight possibility, but doesn't really sit well with any other of the possibilities. Given Dragon has resistance against all starting types, I just can't see this at all.

Then again, I would have probably said steel too, but: Empoleon. I'm leaving steel in for now.

Left:
    Electric, Flying, Ground, Rock, Bug, Dark, Psychic, Fighting, Poison, Steel, Ice

Next:
    Flying

This may seem weird, but listen. I find this on the same vane as Dragon and Ghost. While this HAS been done before, I don't see them doing it again. Flying just doesn't sit as a starting type, as it's main purpose is usually just that: to fly. Charizard couldn't, so he was somewhat balanced in that respect, but it just doesn't really fit. Charizard was also gen 1 when they were still trying things out, and they haven't gone back to that typing. While flying isn't OP like Dragon and Ghost, it's more of a useful type (useful in one of the types you NEED for HMs, pretty much) and doesn't fit with being a starter.

Left:
    Electric, Ground, Rock, Bug, Dark, Psychic, Fighting, Poison, Steel, Ice

Next:
    Electric

I've seen people speculating Froakie as electric. Here's why not.
    Electric is GF's "pet type", so to speak. If there were to be a fourth starter, it'd be electric. See: Pikachu. With Pikachu still ever-present in the anime, always having an electric rodent and that being more of a bonus starter type, it wouldn't work for them to add that to a starter.

Left:
    Ground, Rock, Bug, Dark, Psychic, Fighting, Poison, Steel, Ice

Next:
    Bug
    Bug is a weak, beginning type. Perfect for a starter, right? Wrong. Bugs seem to ALWAYS be based off of a bug. They are weaker beginning pokemon and don't fit with the eventual power of the starters. I know there are powerful bug types, but most evolve early and are EXTREMELY bug-like. Seeing as we have a fox, a rodent, and a frog, bug is out. This could still happen in the future with a more prevalently bug pokemon, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Left:
    Ground, Rock, Dark, Psychic, Fighting, Poison, Steel, Ice

Okay, now for a little divvying up. These are the types I see as POSSIBLE. Yet, there is one type here that stands out to me from all the others which I'd like to set aside.
    Next:
    Ice
    Ice is a possible starter type. But one thing to say: only for Froakie. Ice doesn't work well with grass or fire, especially in starters and THESE starters. None of them would really work with ice, and, while I don't see Froakie as an ice man, I'm not ruling out the possibility.

EDIT: Now, I'll go over the rest, rated by how likely I think they'll be:
    Ground (7)
    VERY likely, probably the most likely outside Dark/Psychic/Fighting.
    Most likely on Fennekin (as a desert fox) and Chespin (as a possibly digging mammal), but unlikely for Froakie.

Rock (3)
    Somewhat likely, but not too much. COULD happen to Fennekin, but not very likely. Most likely, if anything, to happen to Chespin.

Dark (7)
    Likely. Works in the reverse type triangle idea. Assumed to be paired with Chespin and could work, yet could also work if paired with Fennekin as well, depending on the final form.

Psychic (7)
    Likely. Works in the reverse type triangle idea. Assumed to be paired with Fennekin and could work, yet could also work if paired with Froakie as well (wise frog look), depending on the final form.

Fighting (8)
    VERY likely, as fighting is the most common starter type aside from water, fire and grass. Works in the reverse type triangle idea. Assumed to be paired with Froakie and could work, yet could also work if paired with Chespin as well, depending on the final form (giant bear or ninja-like-thing).

Poison (4)
    Somewhat likely. Could work with Froakie as he seems poison-dart-frog-ish, however it seems possible for fennekin to gain poison although unlikely. Unless there is a drastic change in design (which is not impossible), I do not see this happening to Chespin.

Steel (3)
    Once again, an unlikely type yet could be repeated. Highly unlikely with Fennekin (once again, barring major change), but slighlty possible with Chespin (say, if it gains a shell or something). Could also, in theory, work with Froakie.

Ice (2) [Only possible with Water]
    Not very likely and not seeable in froakies future, however, curveballes have been thrown before and the option is still there. But he definately seems much more tropical to me, so I'd just count ice out.

(If you just read what's below this and don't understand why, my reasoning is hidden because, well, it's REALLY long.)

FINAL VERDICT:

Possible secondary types (Rated 1-10 on likeliness)
    Ground (7)
    Rock (3)
    Dark (7)
    Psychic (7)
    Fighting (8)
    Poison (4)
    Steel (3)
    Ice (2) [Only possible with Water]

And, of course, it's still possible for any to just stay monotype too.

EDIT: I have added reasonings for the likelinesses for each pokemon to gain any of the types I did not count out, and possibilities relating to those types in future forms, so if you missed that, that is there now.
  22. Quark

Quark

@shockwave527
    I understand your reasoning for electric, but I don't feel as though that rules out electric as a secondary type. Even if the developers are concerned with how the new starters will mesh with the anime, the electric type probably wouldn't come about until an evolution or two, and Ash's Pokemon in the anime have a habit of not evolving. They could just treat it like Totodile and not have Froakie evolve, keeping Pikachu as the electric on the team.

That being said, I don't think it is too likely unless those bubbles become a cloud or something. I just don't think we can rule it out yet.
  23. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

Interesting extrapolations you have there but the only types I see as completely out of the question are fire/water/grass/dragon as secondary types.

Even ghost seems reasonable and I will not at all be surprised if Chespin becomes the Grass/Ghost a lot of people want!

The reason why fire/water/grass will not work are obvious. As for dragon it is simply because in order for the triangle to exist, you can not have a dragon secondary typing! The exception is exclusively for the grass type (Chespin) to have the dragon typing as a secondary as the water type can easily get a poison/flying/bug/ice secondary and still hit it for SE damage.

If the water had dragon as a secondary typing... the grass would NEED dragon or at the very worst steel as its secondary typing.

If the fire type had dragon as a secondary typing.. then water would NEED dragon/rock/ground and as rock is highly unlikely given Froakie's model and ground just doesn't fit (inb4 it is part ground)..
  24. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

Judging by their appearance and coloring alone I'd say Chespin will become a Grass/Ground, Fennekin would be pure Fire, and Froakie might be Water/Ice in the end.

But as we learned they could become anything at this point.
  25. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Maybe low distribution for only few pokes so it won't get too OP for pokemon like, you know, sawk.

I want sawk for OU ok D:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)