1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockwave527

shockwave527

Just remember, they're making the GAME, not the metagame. So while we don't NEED more OU dragons, we'll be getting them for sure. Dragons are just supposed to be really powerful compared to everything else, and thus they usually get great stats and thus become OU.
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

What if the pseudo lagendary is a bug, or a fire type? What if it's a ghost? I know a couple people believe that the ghost-type is an end-game attribute, so why wouldn't Game Freak make one into their pseudo legend this time around?
  3. Disposable Puppets

Disposable Puppets

There's only been one generation where the pseudo-legendary hasn't been dragon-type (technically two but gen 3 had both metagross and salamence). I'd say it's a fair bet that the psuedo-legendary will be dragon again
  4. dcae

dcae naughty list

This is brilliant, I really like the idea for this. I just think the stat spread should be a something different, keeping in mind the idea of a 480 BST, but using something like 2 110, 4 65s, because so the pokemon itself will have a greater focus on one area rather than be like pixies with two minor stats.
  5. labarith

labarith

Given how often I play online wifi battles, it'd be nice if they tried to stretch out OU in any way that they can. If this involves bringing some RU/NU guys up to UU or OU quality - fine.

The challenge is to make something unique that doesn't outclass, or be outclassed, by something else. Dark/Dragon did it... although I don't see it in wifi battles that often.

I imagine a Dragon/Steel gets in because of unique typing awesomeness, as does a Ghost/Steel.

However, we could have an alternate playstyle Heatmor-typing; Fire/Steel with, say, Infernape's stats isn't going to be particularly great... but give it the right movepool, or a bit more bulk, and it's suddenly in the running, for example.
  6. Infernis

Infernis

More support dragons like Altaria would be awesome. Dragon is such an offensive type that it's easy to forget that it has a quartet of handy resistances, too! Admittedly it would have to have better secondary typing or better stats than Altaria. (Or both.)
  7. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Sup guys, been off for a couple of days, been reading the last pages and thought i'd throw in my 2 cents.

@zyrefredric Love your idea, would really love that happening, not gonna talk about stats since i'm no BST expert at all, but still it's something nice i'd love to see.
    @Yveltal don't get too hot-headed man, it's not like you, I know how you feel and I know it isn't worth it.
    @Narutendo Not all golems are suits of armor, there are flesh golems, there are wood golems, and stuff, a golem is a construct usually made from one material that is given life artificially, in fact, most of metal golems are not armor suits at all but thick metal parts.
    Since Claydol was a doll made 20.000 years in the past, it's preeeetty likely that the strange light that gave it life was from an alien origin, which would make quite the explanation.

In short terms, my opinion here is:
    Claydol is a doll which was given life by some sort of alien light, thus being type psychic (like elgyem, beheeyem, deoxys, solrock, lunatone and starmie) which are confirmed/suspected alien pokemon.

Golurk is a construct made by humans and powered by humans in a dark way, most likely soul involving. For the record, Golurk is not the only golem pokemon we have, we have Regice, Registeel, Regirock, oh and Golem, and none of them looks remotely like a suit of armor.

About pseudo legendaries being dragons, that's the way they're meant to be, hard to find, hard to train, hard to evolve, requiring a lot of time and work, in order for a pseudo legendary to be other than a dragon (like tyranitar for instance) is to be something that physically resembles a dragon, but not having the type, i could have bought that Ttar was a dragon easily when I played gen1.
  8. Jean mi

Jean mi

What about Metagross ? It looks awesome but looks nothing like a dragon. You get a Beldum from Steven after beating the elite four if I'm not mistaken so that's considered hard enough :).

I would like more pseudo-legendaries like Metagross, Pokemon don't need to be dragons for awesomeness :).
  9. Jabroni

Jabroni

Metagross is a good point, though I know gen 3 had salamence too. But I agree with Jean Mi something can seem rare and powerful without looking like a dragon... I know dragons play a huge role in many cultures around the world, but not all of them. For example, they could have a mon inspired by a griffon, or the Hadhayosh (a gigantic bronze ox with a mane of flames, said to grant the divine right of kings in Persian mythology)*. Or, like the metagross route, they could design something unique yet imposing.

edit* just did some research into this one, its actually pretty fitting for pseudo status. The Hadhayosh, for reasons beknownst to them, avoid visiting a place twice and if they have to return, they leave it for at least year before coming back to it (fits the rarity aspect). Although herbivorous, the Hadhayosh can charge and attack ferociously if threatened, and only the mightiest dragon would dare challenge them. (A rival of dragons.)

The Hadhayosh also possess quite unique powers and abilities:

1. A Frightful Charge - The sight of a Hadhayosh charging is so terrifying that it often petrifies the opponent with fear. (paralysis move?)
    2. God-forged Horns - The Hadhayosh's horns are so powerful that they can inflict damage upon even creatures resistant to most sorts of damage. (powers)

TLDR - Basically, look into most cultures, you'll find something as epic as a dragon.
  10. LonelyWolf

LonelyWolf

I'm just throwing in an idea which haven't been discussed (or at least much) and I really wish will happen. I know we all including me are excited to get totally new unique type combos like Flying/Fighting, Ghost/Steel, Psychic/Dark and so on... But I want to remind you also about one certain aspect which I'd believe you too agree.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unique_type_combination

There exists already many Pokemon which have unique typing, some of which are widely used and some just self-explanatory suck with their current stat spread or/and move pool. I believe Surskit is the only one already mentioned in this thread. I would highly expect some of these unique combinations will be re-used by GF, even those which are already presented by very powerful/used Pokemon, to mention few Breloom and Tyranitar. Yeah, I know it'd be very boring if they'd exclusively use these already existing type-combos, but having those used in totally different point of view (Offence<->Support/Defence or Physical<->Special) would certainly in the end add little something special to the game. Also as said, many those combos given to a someway "unsuccessful" Pokemon like Surskit, Houndoom, Jynx and Shedinja would get a whole new start as type-combination. I know some of them wouldn't give us much and I'd also be dissapointed if GF creates physical version of Jynx and doesn't give us other highly awaited Ghost/Steels and so on...

What do you fellows think? Which of those type-combos should deserve a new start and in what way? I see many of them are some way "doomed" because of 4x or multiple 2x weaknesses, but well, some of those are "curable" with help of an ability... But I don't know would any of those abilities go well with the idea of Pokemons typing.

I just mention that my 8-year-old son (yeah, as Yveltal named him, LonelyCub) just draw yesterday this "Dark/Fire with Levitate", and that was so adorable that it gave me inspiration to write this here. And tip for you all, when you someday have children, I recommend giving them your own Gameboy Colour or Advance with those original games as a birthday/Christmas present! It's easy way to save money when you recycle those and at least my both sons have enjoyed when they've played through Yellow->......->Black 2! Also it's easy way to inspirate them to learn foreing language...

But yeah, cheers!
    Keep the speculation up!
  11. Ingo

Ingo

Remember, this is gamefreak we're talking about. Lately they've been patternbreaking for Pokemon/Pokemon's types. Emolga, Hydreigon (Also with it being a special dragon), Volcarona etc. I wouldn't be suprised if they made the psuedo legendary a Poison type.

Also, I'd say Metagross is pretty hard to find, considering it wasn't found in its natural region for two gens.
  12. Charro

Charro

Doesn't Volcarona counts as pseudo-legend? . _.

EDIT: wait, it doesn't reach 600 BST, it's pretty close tho, kind of a Kingdra
  13. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

"Pokemon Smash just finished airing. During the credits, the show promised that it will be revealing new Pokemon X and Pokemon Y information next week in addition to Extremespeed Genesect news. CoroCoro magazine will definitely leak before then and will more than likely have the same information.
    However, we didn't really need Pokemon Smash to tell us that we would be getting new X and Y info this coming week to know it would be happening. The February issue of CoroCoro always contains a major "wow factor" for the next movie which then appears on Pokemon Smash that week. Because Generation VI is coming soon and there are no other predictable "wow factors" to reveal for Genesect's movie, the announcement will more than likely pertain to a new Generation VI Pokemon that will star in the movie (and there may be other X/Y information revealed too).
    Will we see the revealing of the Lucario / Zoroark of Generation VI, or even a new Eeveelution? Will we only get their silhouettes? Pokemon Smash's credits did show several of the cast members dressed up as each of the Eeveelutions, so it could be possible foreshadowing of what's to come, which the show has done in lieu of major announcements in the past. Stay tuned and we'll bring you the latest!
    "

-Pokebeach

It has kinda been said befoe, but sill posting it up.

Now lets wait for corocoro leaks!

Oh, and Yveltal for president!
  14. b2j135

b2j135

Oh boy now I'm excited!

Now for a new pseudo-legendary, I would vote to see either a Grass/Dragon or maybe something like Metagross, like a Normal/Dragon or something...hell or even both just like what happened with 3rd Gen we got TWO new pseudo-legendaries.
  15. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

I think there's a slight difference between something being hard to get and something being late to get, sure you get beldum from steven after beating E4, but there's no difficulty in obtaining it more than it is to obtain castform in gen3 or eevee in gen 1, so I don't think it's actually hard to get it, since you only have to talk. The point of pseudo legendaries is to make you go to the deepest pit in the darkest cave, in the farthest away route, I personally think about metagross as a gift pokemon, sure you have to train it, but it doesn't evolve as late as dratini or larvitar or bagon, it evolves nearly at the same rate as gible, but none of them get even close to deino's in my opinion bizarre evolving levels. Hope you get my point.
  16. Cyber Raga

Cyber Raga

I agree with what you said, but on this note: Dratini and Dragonair are obtainable in the first area of the Safari Zone. Dratini is also available at the Game Corner.
    Not to mention Gible is obtainable after the second gym in Plat.
  17. Jabroni

Jabroni

Ghost, I agree when you say pseudos should be difficult to attain and train (though kylie is right, beldum is not the only exception, and just cus its a gift, I'd still class it as a pseudo, rather than a pseudo pseudo heh), but to my eye, there's no reason why said rare pokemon has to be draconic. I guess this is just where our opinions differ slightly and we'll just have to wait and see :) (oh my god we didn't start telling eachother to choke on grandfather wangs. I guess this thread is redeemable after all!)
  18. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

That's a great suggestion. I edited the stat spreads here and now most of them could now easily fit RU/NU/UU without being too powerful, as I initially wanted them to.
  19. Jabroni

Jabroni

You've got a seriously awesome idea on your hands! but check the moveset relationships with the stat distributions. the obvious one above is that a poke with special sweeper stats should get some special moves. or keep the moveset and give the 110 spatk and spd to someone else. I really dig what you're doing though :)
  20. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Go ahead and just google "golem definition". There are two. I just felt like Golurk looked more like a suit of armor than a clay figure. Suit of armor=/=automaton, but that's just how I viewed it since they look about the same. And Golurk is the "automaton pokemon". This argument is beyond pointless.
  21. Faint

Faint Valar morghulis
    is a Tiering Contributor

NEW INFO INCOMING OT Here

Sorry if it has already been mentioned.
  22. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

[​IMG]
  23. Basileus

Basileus

[​IMG]
  24. Zowayix

Zowayix

If previous trends are anything to go by, we should have new info within 24-36 hours.

...For some reason, I get this bad feeling that it's going to be disappointing...
  25. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Why....why are you people so shocked

I mean, I know I keep my expectations in check over what CoroCoro could bring, but come on now
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)