1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basileus

Basileus

I bet it is gonna me names of people, main characters/rivals/professors/ect. but I would be surprised if it is new Pokemon...
  2. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

I'm excited because it will bring new topics to talk about on here (as opposed to the pathetic arguments about whether Golurk's design is based on a suit of armour, starter typings, etc.)
  3. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

[​IMG]

Agreed with Flaming Piranha about how it'll bring new discussion in. I, for one, am tired of all the talk about the Light type and what typings the starters will be(although those discussions usually fit this topic's tags so well).
  4. Cyber Raga

Cyber Raga

Yeah, but there's still going to be stupid arguments about that stuff. It's not going to bring too much new info.
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

It's an honor to be nominated class president :P

My guess is that the biggest thing CoroCoro could tell us is the name of our new region, along with mayhaps more information about the new movie. It's unlikely that they would hold out on movie information until next month, but I wouldn't count out the possibility that all they'll release is an interview about the creation of the starters and legendaries.
  6. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

CoroCoro never releases interviews. That's always been handled by other magazines
  7. labarith

labarith

We need 2 pseudo-legendaries each generation, I think. One per game. Grass/Dragon will probably be Z, so no real need there.

Dragon/Fire seems "generic" enough to be awesome, and typing-wise could use the high base stats. As for the 2nd, Steel/Ice would be pretty different... and a perfect reflection. However, it would REALLY need the base stats to be competitive... think LOW LOW sp.A, and high Attack; or just obscene attack and defense. D/F can be well rounded and have a decent special and physical movepool and a fair, but not obscene ability, but S/I would need to have a game-changer ability... Sturdy; Flame-Aborb, etc. Movepoolwise, I wouldn't mind a physical ice outrage variant for it... just to be a jerk.. but I don't know what else...
  8. b2j135

b2j135

I'm pretty sure were going to find out what that new Pokemon in the watch is going to be.
    Hopefully it's the new dragon eeveelution, or maybe it'll be the new Lucario/Zoroark of this Generation.
    But that doesn't mean we won't ALSO get new information on the new region, remember CoroCoro always has like 5+ pages of information dedicated to Pokemon stuff. I doubt they would just fill that with new info on the new Pokemon and nothing else, maybe we will get the start evolutions and typings! Or the first few Pokemon you encounter in the first few routes!
    I'm really hoping for a GOOD Bug/Water type evolution line!
  9. Infernis

Infernis

A lot of the pseudos have a 4x weakness to help balance their crazy stats, and I think this one could have such a weakness as well. My predictions:

Dark/Psychic, which is 4x weak to bug.

Ice/Steel, which is 4x weak to... fire, fighting, and ground. Maybe that's a bit much.

Poison/Electric, which is 4x weak to ground. A weird type indeed. I can't even think of what this would be. Some kind of poisonous lightning wolf? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Or just Dragon/Flying, because we don't have enough of those.
  10. Cyber Raga

Cyber Raga

Ice isn't weak to ground. I actually made that same mistake earlier.
  11. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

Ice/Steel is only 4x weak to Fire and Fighting, because Ice isn't weak to Ground.
    edit: ninjaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Did I hear Poison/Electric? Check out this awesome Fakemon.
  12. Cyber Raga

Cyber Raga

That's incredible. Faces remind me of Voltorb/Electrode.

Most of these fakemon will be better than the pokémon we end up getting.
  13. labarith

labarith

Again, I think Dragon/Fire is too obvious not to do. Maybe not as a BST600 guy, but if he WAS a BST600 guy, he could just have poor stat distribution to justify his not having that many relevant weaknesses. Or he could just not get Outrage.... or he could be a Special attacker only? I don't know.

Ice/Steel works as a Dragon/Fire "polar opposite", even if the weaknesses don't line up. 2 4x weaknesses aren't too bad IMO; so if they could just get the stat distribution decent, and give it a good ability, it's plausible.

The test, I think, is whether a flat-out hydreigon or dragonite stat port would work for these guys. Dragon/Fire I think... would simply because water and ice moves only deal 1x I think. Being hit neutrally by ice beam and surf are pretty stellar. Ice/Steel... gets Mach Punched to death too often not to have an obscenely strong ability - Sturdy preferably.
  14. b2j135

b2j135

I actually would LOVE to see this in the game, so AWESOME!
  15. reaverz

reaverz

Looks like this month's CoroCoro is confirmed to be the "movie coverage" issue for this year. I am expecting the following:

- Gen VI Pokemon of the Lucario sort revealed to be starring opposite Genesect in the movie.
    - The full title of the Genesect movie, which will include the new Pokemon's name.
    - A section on the movie short featuring Eevee.
    - A new Eeveelution, which will appear in the Eevee short.
    - A few tidbits of XY information, but nothing too major.

I hope I'm wrong on the XY part, but with this issue having to cover the Genesect movie, I don't know how likely it is that we will get a batch of new Pokemon as usual.
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

I wonder what this generations token anthromon will be like, if there is one. If it has any tie-in to Genesect, could that mean that Team Plasma might have a connection to the ongoings of X & Y? What about a cameo appearance?

Think about it; Genesect is modified by Team Plasma. The new anthromon shows up because it's somehow gotten its jimmies thoroughly ruslted by what Genesect is doing, so maybe it would try to take down Team Plasma. Maybe the Gen VI anthromon is another expreiment of Plasmas...

Or, it's actually the ancient fossil version of Genesect.
  17. reaverz

reaverz

You know what, linking the Gen VI costar to Genesect somehow would be extremely cool. With the genetics motif of XY seen in their Japanese logos, it seems all the better a fit for the new Pokemon to be somehow associated with genetics.

If the new Pokemon is associated somehow with genetics, I can see the movie playing out in one of two ways. The first could be that it sees the Genesect as abominations and wants to eliminate them because they're "impure" (interestingly enough, that's exactly what N thought of the Genesect project). In this version, the new Pokemon would realize by the end of the movie that all life is sacred yadda yadda.

On the other hand, the new Pokemon could similarly be a genetic experiment as you said, and empathize with the Genesect army. It would accept the help of Ash and co. to calm the rampaging Genesect and show them that there's a place for them in the world. Ash and co. would help the Genesect understand this through some sappy speeches.

Now I'm really interested to see what CoroCoro has about the Genesect movie...
  18. b2j135

b2j135

OMG NEW SPECULATION BEGINS!

Okay...maybe this new anthromon will be either Fire, Steel, Fire/Steel, Fire/Rock, or even Fire/Psychic to clash with the typing of Genesect...but there is also the factor of Genesect's Techno Buster and the Drives that power it...maybe this new anthromon will be something that can change type depending on it's situation, kind of like how Arceus battled the other deities in Jewel of Life.
    ERMAGERD I AM HYPED!
  19. labarith

labarith

What if... Bst600 electric rodent 3 stage evolution?
  20. Yveltal

Yveltal

[​IMG] Happy Valentines Day, from Game Freak. Really though, It could be a non-levitate Tynamo who actally learns crap while leveling up. No more of this middle-stage training crisis that came with Eelektrik.

Perhaps CoroCoro will only give us the one Eeveelution which will serve to be the second pokemon that Team Plasma supposedly modifies in the new movie. huh? huuuuuh? Any takers?
  21. Basileus

Basileus

^steel type eeveelution?
  22. reaverz

reaverz

I doubt a new Eeveelution will be a focus in the movie since there's a short attached to it that features Eevee. The movie shorts tend to be cutesy side stories, and more importantly completely unrelated to the movie. They have no bearing on its plot, so I highly doubt that a new Eeveelution would appear both in the short and the main plot of the movie.

Another thing that makes a Gen VI costar likely to me is that the Pokemon movies seem to always have one Pokemon that talks to Ash and co. and fills a protagonist role. The Genesect army don't seem like they would be fully capable of speech, and probably won't hang around with Ash and co. during the movie's plot. A new Pokemon that's humanoid in shape would fit this role perfectly.
  23. Infernis

Infernis

Well, I don't think Mew or Celebi ever spoke, but they filled that role handily.

I, for one, am hoping for that Ghost/Steel suit of armor theorymon to kick some Genesect behind. Incredibly unlikely, but about as good a guess as any.
  24. reaverz

reaverz

Well, if you're referring to the older movies, then yes you're right. But this is a pattern I've noticed with the movies since Giratina and the Sky Warrior. Since then, there's been at least one talking Pokemon to interact with Ash and co. during each movie, including Shaymin, Arceus, Zorua, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo.

Having Pokemon talk allows them to be given personality and become full-fledged characters for audiences to connect with, so I find it suspicious that the Genesect movie has no such Pokemon so far. That's why I'm expecting CoroCoro to reveal a new Pokemon to star in the movie, as the talking Pokemon of the movie. I'm also expecting such a Pokemon to be humanoid in shape for marketing reasons, following the Lucario-Zoroark trend.
  25. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

U need to mention, if i am not wrong that there would be a snake pokemon and a cat pokemon in each generation. Then, if tentacools are not sent to gen 6 to rule the oceans like how Annoying basculins Were in gen 5, then be sure to expect an annoying water Type whose only weakness is repels.(well, or if like in gen 3, tentacools Werent enough, summon the wingulls.) I'm just glad duckletts Didnt appear while u surf or it might throw me off swanna.)

And bcuz foxfire fits will-o-wisp so well, pls ghost fire fennekin? Or a fighin type werewolf. or froakie evolves to a zeus like frog riding on a cloud of bubbles that farts lightning. Or chespin transforms into a large ass werekangaroo that kicks butt.i wan more ghost Types that u can get b4 the 4th gym, they are a pretty cool class. Or more Ground types to exist cause i dont always want to get like a sandile to fight elesa. Or like in gen 3 where u can only catch decent water after fight flannery, or get a ground type after her.

Gen 6 maps pls, instead of being like going one round to fight gym leaders, pls make It like in gen 3, whr u have a town that branches off in 4 ways, to get to the norman, back To Rustboro, up to buy lava cookies or to go cross water to fortree. It makes it more maplike.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)