1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basileus

Basileus

Imagine it with levitate? You mad ground types?
  2. labarith

labarith

Speaking of move sets... They really need to do more balancing of early, per-6th gym TMs. Return as a temp move on someone? Sure. Lightning bolt or the like, though... No sir. Maybe do long optional quests to get these TMs early, but it'd be better to do flame charge like moves, and utility. Trick room early on would be neat, but pretty useless in game.
    O
    A little cup random wifi would be nice... Lowers to lv. 5 of 1st evolution non legendaries
  3. Redless

Redless

I liked how in gen 5 they included weak coverage moves with large distribution, like grass knot. I also liked how they included utility moves like retaliate. In general, I think that gen 5 had the best TM distribution and system, and I would like to see something similar in gen 6.
  4. Ryanide

Ryanide

more food for thought - Nintento/Namco are currently working on the next Super Smash Bros game. SSB tends to feature Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and one "new generation mascot". With Melee it was Mewtwo and with Brawl it was Lucario (And Pokemon Trainer, but he's kind of his own thing). We haven't had a smash bros since gen 4 and it looks like gen 6 is going to pop up before we get the new smash bros. So Zoroark and the new anthromon are both going to be contenders for that spot in Smash's roster to either replace lucario/Mewtwo or join them (I doubt they'll bring Mewtwo back). I don't see how Zoroark would work in a smash bros game. Copying other characters is Kirby's thing. That makes me think that the new anthromon, whatever it is, will be the next Pokemon to join the Smash Bros rank. From a business standpoint, Nintendo always does this to spearhead popularity into the newest Pokemon generation, hence why Lucario showed up in Brawl to replace Mewtwo.

I wonder what type it'll be, and I do hope it can be obtained easier than Zorua originally was.
  5. labarith

labarith

Fair point. I don't think I payed through any of the games w/o fully Erving the guys beforehand anyways... :). I had someone poke shift my team from g4 and trade it to me... So,yeah. :). So a few needed TMs, but not many.

Personally, I really want moves that grow w/ you Pokemon... Sort of like seismic toss.

Inner Flare - 15+level special fire 10pp. Let the starters learn these moves...
  6. Yveltal

Yveltal

I got a fun idea. If Farfetch'd evolved, he'd be a PekingDuckmon.

I wouldn't hold it against James Turner if he makes a new ground type potato Pokemon that evolves into a Groung/Fire french fry monster. It would at least distract genwunners and other haters from bitching about Vanillite.
  7. Ryanide

Ryanide

Actually, that makes me think. Our new region is set in france, so what really french things can we expect to see as pokemon?

I expect to see a new snail pokemon (a reference to escargots) or wild Magcargo. The new snail should be bug/rock or bug/water and be like a physical gastrodon or something along those lines. I also wonder what our early rodent, bird and bug is going to be. Maybe based on some common urban european species. Sparrows are very common in and around France I've heard, but we already have a sparrow pokemon (spearow). I can't really think of any unique caterpillar > coccoon > flying bug that's specifically associated with France. It'll probably just be another moth or butterfly given how many flowers we've seen in the trailer.

Also, France is really well known for it's food, art and fashion, which leads me to believe that the new pokemon contests will be cooking, painting or catwalk minigames. A pokemon cooking thing could be a lot of fun, especially if you have to gather ingredients and a painting feature similar to DScolours but pokemon themed might also go down well as a neat distraction. We also have to consider how the 3DS's unique features could be used with the game and how that might hint at new gameplay mechanics. We've got...inbuilt gyroscopes, the camera, and a bunch of other stuff developers always seem to forget about when making games for the 3DS.
  8. Flareon

Flareon

9. shockwave527

shockwave527

Does anyone know what time of day (PST) CoroCoro is usually leaked?
  10. labarith

labarith

magcargo can use a bst600 evolution...
  11. Yveltal

Yveltal

If they're really going to take the french theming seriously, I would love to see a Chanel or Chypre themed perfume Pokemon, a Dior haute-couture Pokemon, an electric rodent that looks like the hat of a highly editorial ensemble, and maybe even some Pokemon based on the works of such artists as Rodin, or even modern ones like Venet or d'Arbeloff. I'd also love to see a fighting type based on the style of gaulish warriors.
    Pokemon's only competition for best cute little critter designed after a perfume brand is this sweetheart:
    [​IMG]

One thing that bugs me now is the gym leaders. Are they going to have another cook/waiter, an artist and a fashion model as gym leaders? I wanna know what new occupations the gym leaders are going to hold...

Checking back every five minutes is exactly what they want you to do. DON'T GIVE IN TO THE POWAH!!! Ideally, we all won't have anything better to do Thursday and Friday except wait for Serebii and WPMs sources to email in scans of CoroCoro
  12. b2j135

b2j135

I just want this guy to get an awesome evolution
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  13. Infernis

Infernis

Animate it, make it look a little less human and...

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

you have a ghost/steel type. Or Psychic, since he's got quite the noggin.

Sorry, guys, I'm just really hoping for that type combination.
  14. Dilasc

Dilasc

One thing I've wanted for a long time is a pre-evo of Aerodactyl based on Rhamphorhynchus with like... good moves. I mean, look at that toothy beak! It just screams Brave Bird Head Smash... erm, Drill Peck!

One of those things that could give you a reason to actually hatch the baby instead of the adult.

Speaking about eggs... it'd be great if there were an item that let you swap parental roles. Thus the female lays an egg of the MALE'S species and also provides the move. Sadly, it can't fix things like unbreedable Nidoqueen, but Tauros, Hitmons and all the other dudes can finally have breeding exclusive moves.
  15. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

In fairness to the Hitmons they do have egg moves since they're three Pokemon with distinct move pools that share a pre-evo.

But it would be a nice boon to the other male onlies, yeah
  16. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

I brought this up about a hundred pages ago, but sadly, I don't think Zoroark will make the cut. It's too bad, too; I imagine you could hold down R or something while selecting a character and it would secretly select Zoroark for you. Then, your opponent would have no idea until you reached a certain damage percentage, and then boom, Zoroark!

But as you said, that slot will probably go to the gen VI Lucario/Zoroark type. And I do think they'll bring Mewtwo back; if you follow the Smash community like I do, then you know that he's one of the top characters people want in the next game. I imagine that the Smash 4 Pokémon roster will look something like this:

Pikachu (duh)
    Jigglypuff (haven't cut anyone from the original so far, don't think they'll do it now)
    Mewtwo (due to reasons I already gave)
    Pokémon Trainer (a unique character, and I hope they keep the same Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard lineup, as I feel those are the most diverse starter choices for this type of game)
    XY Lucario/Zoroark Pokémon

Majin is a Dark/Ghost with Wonder Guard and 600 BST (which I realize you said they could rework) AND Slack Off. Ehh...

Aside from that, I don't think that Black Belt, Brycen-Man, or Monica would work too well as Pokémon.
  17. Ryanide

Ryanide

Gym leaders...well I could see Burgh turning up again as a cameo. But there will probably be a proper chef gym leader, a more hipster artist than burgh (burgh is hippie). A mime gym leader would also be pretty epic. He could have a monochrome gym. We know there's a grass gym, so maybe a perfume grower gym leader is likely. We've already had a fashion model leader last gen, so that's out.
  18. Quark

Quark

As for the Super Smash Bros, Mewtwo was pretty much in Brawl. I think all the coding is there, they just decided to remove him last minute. I'm not sure if Lucario will be returning, but I doubt Zoroark would ever work with illusion in SSB. As soon as you begin fighting, it could be very easy to tell who you are based of the animations of the special attacks, unless they put an extreme amount of code in just for illusion. In the end it just seems like too much work for too little gain.
    I am not sure how many characters they will allow from each series this time either. With brawl it seemed like the limit was four from each game. That's the only reason I can think of them not letting Mewtwo in when he was so close. I don't see them getting rid of the trainer, but they might change his pokemon (mixed feelings there). That would leave one more spot for Pokemon if they don't increase the "limit."
    I would rather have Mewtwo.
  19. R_N

R_N

Pokemon technically had 6 characters. Pokemon Trainer was essentially 3 distinct characters in one.

Also Mewtwo wasn't that close. If his entire code was in there they probably would just put him in. That said, he did have file listings for a victory tune and end picture
  20. shockwave527

shockwave527

SPECULATION TIME:
    We've been talking about how they're likely to show a new 2-form pseudo-legendary such as Lucario and Zoroark
    For all my purposes, I'll refer to this possible new pokwemon as "Nixye"

Lucario was based off of the aura, while zoroark was based off illusion

My guess for Nixye is a bit simpler, since this movie IS based off of genesect.

The movie is for now called "Extreme Speed Genesect"
    So, given Genesect is the evil force in this film, they need something to counteract it

Now, one idea is a fire type pokemon (4x super effective), but I doubt that. A fox like fire pokemon (which is what the aforementioned pokemon have both looked like) will be too close to something from the Fennekin line

So what could combat something with Extreme Speed?

How about a pokemon based off of speed and being incredibly fast?
    There's my prediction. Nixye's key trait, or one of them, will be incredible speed.

If true, hopefully it's nothing like sonic, because I just thought of that while writing this

But there's more

Now, this is speculation purely to connect this with an idea from earlier
    However
    Most people discredit this idea, and while I also do not find it LIKELY at all
    On the one percent chance it DOES happen, there's this:

People mentioned a sound type way back
    If there is a sound type, this pokemon could be it
    Vibrating at supersonic speeds to move incredibly fast

However, remember this idea was founded not on being a "sound type" but to combat extremespeed genesect
    So I do not wish to get into more arguments about a sound type, this is purely a connection
  21. Yveltal

Yveltal

Let me tell you all the reasons why I like fake things posted on 4chan
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

That's...that's about it

This one's got a nicer, slightly more believable page layout than the other two, but everything on it is bollocks.

I would also like to post a new thought regarding the potential Nixye. It could very well be the pixie legendary of this generation. What are the chances that Nixye is an earth-themed ground/psychic fairy dragon that's disturbed by the supersonic rampaging of the Genesect squad? It's a Pokemon that could represent the natural order who makes an appearance because it feels strongly enough about Team Plasmas misdeeds to show up and counterbalance the Genesects. Type matchups alone shows they each would have a weakness against each other; Ground beats Steel, Bug beats Psychic, so I think it would make good sense gameplay wise.
    Or it's a witch doctor sort of beast that wants to keep nature intact and, at first, starts fighting the Genesects without considering that they still have the souls of the ancient genesects in their creepy cyborg bodies. The rest is cliche japanime stuff.
  22. R_N

R_N

Why would you use vibrating really fast (which would be more akin to phasing through stuff in most fiction, not going realyl fast) to sound type
    I know vibrations make a low noise but it's a stretch.

If the thing was going to be a vibrating sound type it would probably use a sound attack to stop it in its tracks
  23. Infernis

Infernis

Ah, but Light moves yet faster than sound.

An alternative to beating extreme speed with extremer speed is redirection of energy. Exemplis gratis Gyro ball. A Pokemon that could bring back stall by way of extraordinary defense.
  24. R_N

R_N

Genesect is made of metal
    What better way to stop a moving metal thing than with a magnet

QED Magnetic type
  25. Ryanide

Ryanide

It would take a lot more than just one pokemon to bring back stall. You'd need a more practical global counter to boost + sweep strategies and some kind of immunity to Taunt going around. On top of that, to actually stall out the power creep'd metagame, new contenders will need blissey level defensive stats, tons of HP in particular, and I don't know if we'll get too many more HP monsters this gen. Though I hope so. I love me some HP blobwalls. (too bad most of them suck if they aren't called Blissey, Chansey or Wobbuffet)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)