1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frisodium

Frisodium

I was thinking it'd be really nice if shiny pokes could have any playable relevancy, like a second secondary type. I.e: shiny Zard to be fire/dragon; shiny Gyarados to be water/dragon; shiny pinsir to be bug/fighting; shiny Flygon to be bug/dragon; shiny Gliscor to be poison/flying; a really trolling fighting/flying shiny Farfecht'd... Obviously not every poke has a good reason for that, but in-game it woud make shiny mons even more valuable, and it would almost duplicate de metagame. If you think of it, it wouldn't be so unreasonable. It's almost the same they did with DW abilities, wich gave new life to forgotten mons.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the "psychic" attack Fennekin is using in the video is growl, roar, or something similar. If you look closely you can see the "pink waves" emerging from its mouth. And, hell, sound is also a wave!
  2. deluge

deluge

Few things I almost forgot to be excited about:

1) The games will not just be 3d games but 3D as in 3D movies. Sometimes I turn of 3DS 3D but Pokemon could be more fun with the sense of depth.

2) Release at the same time as Japan means I'll not spoil myself with info months before I get to play. I never have the willpower for a blackout with all the breaking news on Serebii and Smogon.
  3. Lord Deguass

Lord Deguass

Looks like I'm a bit late jumping on the hype train here, and thankfully I've gotten the extreme excitement riddled nonsense out of my system.

So, I probably missed it somewhere, but has anyone considered the possibility of Froakie being Water / Dark somewhere down the Evolutionary line, I personally think the fluff on it's back resembles a cartoon thief with a sack of loot.

Compare to Tac: http://images.wikia.com/kirby/en/images/c/cd/Tac.jpg

Additionally, I personally think that Fennekin will be a Fire / Psychic, and I can also see Chespin becoming a Grass / Fighting or Grass /Ground.

I would also like to add that I am absolutely keeping my fingers crossed for some kind of Bug / Dragon Type, because honestly it should've been done ages ago.

4. MLaRF

MLaRF

• Having over 700 pokemon means introducing a minimum of 52. That's about half as much as the current smallest generation. But it also likely means there'll be less than 800 pokemon, maybe even less than 750. I think it may be the smallest generation yet.
    • I like the sounds of this affecting the anime and card games. But since the card game already used 3D models in their images, perhaps it means some kind of effect on how the artwork is displayed? Maybe they'll do the whole "3D card game" thing Redakai was trying to accomplish.
    • Maybe this third point means wifi and wireless interaction will be faster and more reliable.
    • Basically means better graphics.
    • This "innovative communication system" looks cool. Maybe something like the wiiu's features from that commercial displaying zombiu? Sounds very interesting.
    • I'm really intrigued about the new battle system they mention. Yeah, the other stuff has always been there, the growing bonds with pokemon. But they do confirm the battle system overhaul. I can't say I'm either pleased or displeased about this, but I am sure as hell interested.
    • Everyone will enjoy it. Everyone on earth. No one will be left unhappy. No one. Nooooo oooooonnnnneeeeeee.
  5. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Contributor to Smogon Social Mediais a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I just want post a small comment on this.

Over 700 Pokémon can mean any number from 701 and up, but I wouldn't expect less than 100 new Pokémon. 101 would be a great number in my opinion though, just to make it an even 750.
  6. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

:D Tac was the first thing I thought about when I saw Froakie. Nice :)
  7. Stagnant

Stagnant

They would never do that...

751 or bust.
  8. The Shadow Knight

The Shadow Knight

Anyone else excited about the prospect of going into a region pretty much blind?
    Last time that happened for me would have been somewhere around gen 3 I think.
  9. Cinccino

Cinccino

How about a Grass/Steel evo for Chespin? I can see it with spiky evo and Iron Barbs, it's a hedgehog afterall. An offensive Ferrothorn anyone?
  10. MLaRF

MLaRF

Guys, I found a leaked image of pokemon #666!
    [​IMG]
    Show Hide

actually it's just an old picture by Andrew Hussie but i thought it was funny
  11. mluck24

mluck24

I think Froakie's evolution will become water/bug.
  12. deluge

deluge

They did stress that there would be a "large number" of new Pokemon so ~100 seems about right. IIRC, Gen IV introduced 107, Gen II introduced 100. Those are the generations with a large number of Pokemon from other regions in their regional Pokedexes. This'll probably be the case with Gen VI so I'd expect it to be similar in terms of the number of new monsters with Zubat, Magikarp, and Patrat filling out the dex.

This is also the kind of generation where we tend to get new evos of old mons. There are a number of Pokemon that could do with an evolution and with the advent of eviolite, the pre-evo also gets a boost. Which, of course, segues right into the whole matter of a new eeveelution. Curiously, we've had a couple new ones every even Gen so far (I'm not counting Gen I where it all started). Do they come in antagonistic pairs too (Gen II: Dark and Psychic, Gen IV: Ice and Grass)? Brawleon + Breezeon FTW.
  13. Cinccino

Cinccino

The mascots are Xerneas and Yveltal, said Pokemon's Facebook.
  14. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Contributor to Smogon Social Mediais a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

15. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366

Similarity #1: It looks like an Oshawott rip-off.

That's all I got so far.
  16. Verminator

Verminator

I can dig those names.
  17. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366

Second it, but the names are hard to pronounce...well, Yvetal's name is anyway.
  18. MapleDoom

MapleDoom

Xerneas and Yveltal are very Kingdom Hearts-y.
    Also, Fennekin being Fire/Normal would be freaking sick.
  19. Verminator

Verminator

Yuh-Vel-Tal. That's how I'm saying it, anyhow. Sounds like it's meant to be a Quetzlcoatl to me, which would match its long flowing tail. Plus it's one of those mythological birds that Game Freak haven't got round to yet.

Xerneas (Zer-Nee-As?) kinda sounds ancient-Greeky to me, although I'm not familiar with any legends that would be a straight match for that. Anyone got any ideas?
  20. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Xerneas and Yveltal? Great, now to find a proper pronounciation for those... (In Norwegian, those words would be pronounced very differently from how they would in English: Cern-e-as and Yv-el-tal, respectively).

If anything, it would be easy to spot the version mascot of the third game: Just look out for a legendary whose name begins with Z.
  21. More Cowbell

More Cowbell

Yveltal has something of 'evil' in it, and along with Yveltal's dark colourscheme and Xerneas looking very bright, I'm anticipating a theme of good vs. evil here.
  22. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

RIP Xeindeer and Yacaw, we will never forget you
  23. MLaRF

MLaRF

I like how you picked up on that "evil" thing, very intuitive. More evidence for dark typing.
  24. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Xerneas and Yveltal for EVAR! Those names are pretty cool, now we just need to figure out their types.
  25. Verminator

Verminator

I'd be willing to put my house on Yveltal being dark type, with the other typing almost 90% nailed down to be flying. It could be Dragon but I doubt it.

Xerneas is still perplexing me, but the name reminds me of the Trojan hero Aeneas, who would go on to found Rome, as told in Virgil's very boring epic called the Aeneid. I'm still not sure about anything, but if someone came up to me and told me to make a guess or else they'd lock me in a room full of cannibal meth addict midgets who'd had nothing to eat or drink except crystal meth for a month, I'd guess pure Steel with no secondary typing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)