1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redless

Redless

I could see this being the first dual type eeveelution. It doesn't look that much like any type that we have now. That being said, I hope it is a new typing, as an old boring typing like normal/flying would be BORRRRING.
  2. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Yeah, I got a bit carried away. I'm not exactly fluent.
  3. Dia

Dia

Eevelutions are generally good.
    OU: Jolteon, Espeon, Vaporeon
    UU: Umbreon.
    so 4/7 good vs 1/7 that kicks ass in vgc and 2 sucky ones.
  4. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

This is an abomination! If this turns out not to be a dragon type, I for one, will not be a happy camper. Dragon is the only remaining type that was special prior to gen IV and did not get an eeveelution. GRAAARG!!! It doesn't even end in 'eon...
  5. shockwave527

shockwave527

REMEMBER, this is the japanese name.

Glaceon was glacia, and Leafeon was leafia

So this will probably be Nineon or something similar

Also, I DOUBT this willb e dragon. I don't think they're matching up what types were special before gen 3, at least, not anymore if they ever were.
  6. ThePROlificHipster

ThePROlificHipster

Nevermind it's flying type. It's based off of the Goddess Nike.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  7. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Looks like some sort of fiery attack is going on in the top-middle image. I wonder if it's using it or taking it.
  8. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

IT IS KYUBEY! AND IT WILL KNOW WISH!
  9. shockwave527

shockwave527

I wish the scans would show the full page and they'd take multiple pics of different sections so we can see it all, instead of just the main part of one page. I want to see that battle image and anything else around the edges, dammit!
  10. Yveltal

Yveltal

Nike wasn't a goddess of the air or flight, even though she had wings. She was the greek goddess of victory. Victini was already based in part on her and her roman counterpart, Victoria. Not that Pokemon can't share their points of origin, but. Just but.

The color scheme and placement of wish-granting tendrils would suggest that it's a lighter colored Juubey.
    Show Hide

[​IMG]

looks totally like
    Show Hide

[​IMG]

'Guess Ninfia's gonna break in the future. :P
  11. Lucario_Guy

Lucario_Guy

Baseless assertion is baseless.

That aside, anyone else take note of Ninfia's height and weight? It's 1m tall and 23.5kg, making it the least-dense Eeveelution so far! (For reference, Jolteon is 0.8m tall and 24.5kg.) One point for the pro-Flying-type people, I suppose. ;)
  12. shockwave527

shockwave527

When does the movie come out? We should be able to find out it's typing from that.
  13. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

That takes care of the 'eon (I would have pulled the rest of my hair out), but even though it probably will not be dragon I am still hopeful. I noticed that this coloring here is similar to that of other dragons we've seen.
  14. Yveltal

Yveltal

July
  15. shockwave527

shockwave527

Well, it's sooner then october.
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

lol, i know, right? Happy camping outside of the Tokyo movie house, lululul.
    I'm really curious to know if Team Plasma had a hold on the genes and information to recreate a Mewtwo, or if the Mewtwo that shows up is actually the on from fifteen-some odd years ago.
    Mewtwo-Ash, you're...!
    Ash- Still ten years old!
    Mewtwo- (bad poker face)
  17. JumpTigerX

JumpTigerX

watch its flying special type and will learn aeroblast itself.

take that lugia.
  18. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

So can anyone see this thing being capable of flight? Because other than the obvious rotom reference, all flying types can fly. Any flying this guy will be doing will be baseless, magical floating (no clouds, wings, or balloons), which sounds more like levitate ability than flying type.
  19. The Diverman

The Diverman

Didn't some people say Ninfia reminds them of Skyla? (open)
    [​IMG]
  20. JumpTigerX

JumpTigerX

Random fact

http://www.ninfea.jp/
    ニンフィア

its a funeral services company in japan

So, Ghost type? hahahahahahahhahaha
  21. Yveltal

Yveltal

Can you see it?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    It's not unheard of.

Also, when you look at Yveltal, his tail looks far too long and hefty for him to realistically carry himself in flight. Any large bird with a tail that's half the length of its wingspan would fall backwards every time it flaps its wings. It's Pokemon, dude. Since when did turles have squirrel tails and blast water out of their mouths at high pressure irl? Magic is the explanation for most everything that isn't a machine in the pokemon world. Magic is still the explanation for people who haven't even begun to consider the incredibly advanced process a pokeball would theoratically go through to deconstruct the matter of a cute little critter into a form of energy that can be safely carried around in your belt loop. It's easier to give credit to magic for the way the Pokemon world works.
  22. newb

newb

I'm seriously hoping that Ninfia would turn out to be flying type. It will always be on my Eevee team if it were to happen.

Ninfia sounds like Nymph. I associate nymphs with air. It just look so flowy with its design and its the lightest of all the Eeveelution. Flying type makes more sense, but clearly looking at its appearance it screams normal though..
  23. lucariojr

lucariojr quell the storm and ride the thundurus
    is a Contributor to Smogon

following this logic, zapdos continues to baffle me with its jointless wings. seriously, they're like door hinges! look at this shit, seriously http://youtu.be/IpirN4wmQyk?t=1m1s

ps, ninfia looks nothing like patamon and the flowing ribbon in its ear is asymmetrical, meaning whipping it around like a helicopter blade would be really dumb looking/impractical imo, which is the only way i can see it as a flying-type. it's probably just going to be normal type. anyone notice how the fur on its tail looks like minccino's?
  24. Yveltal

Yveltal

Moltres doesn't really have feathers. His wings and tail are all meat and skin, which exude fire on their own. Magic.
  25. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

Ninfia looks awfully cute, not really like a guy at all especially with that bow, it's really odd because eevee is predominantly a male species, could this be a female only normal evolution?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)