1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockwave527

shockwave527

So is that ALL we get to see? Not disappointed with the amount of news, but...

Only one page and the cover?
    Only one ANGLE from that page, so we can't even see the battle pic above?

I'd think if people took pics there's be more by now.
  2. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

The Japanese simply don't care if we can't buy the magazine ourselves. There have been times they wouldn't post pics EXACTLY because of the Western people demanding them on the internet, as if they were obliged to post them.

So calm down. We'll get those news soon.
  3. The Diverman

The Diverman

Yeah I remember they got pissed at us for whining (to be fair, it was mostly 4chan and gamefaqs), so we didn't get the rest of the scans for that month until like the 15th. Just be patient.
  4. deluge

deluge

5. keys2tkingdom

keys2tkingdom

All I can say is I really want eeveelutions for all types, because - and let's be honest here - 9/10 of us have been wanting that since Gen II.

Edit: My prediction on the type of Ninfia is either A) Normal - hey it is pink - tough that could also mean it could be a female version/ female only pokemon. B) Bug - the bows look suspiciously like butterflies to me... or C) A new type all together (abandon all hope ye who enter here)
  6. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

I claim Ghost type. There. Now we have mentioned them all (everybody just forget Rock and Ground for a second).

Its design looks rather like Normal to me, though. Look at Skitty. Delcatty. Jigglypuff. Audino. I'd not be surprised if this turned out to be the "Normaleon" we've been wanting since... never.

Anyway, it's really nice to see that at least one old Pokémon gets a new evolution, as that means there's probably more than one. By introducing one new evolution, they have already opened the floodgates. Three of the current five generations have introduced new evolutionary relatives to older Pokémon, and none of them has introduced only one (though, Gen. III was dangerously close with two, both of them pre-evolutions). If my estimates are correct, there are currently 54 non-legendary Pokémon with no evolutionary relatives. There are also 311 Pokémon who are part of a two-stage evolutionary line (303 discounting the Eeveelutions), giving GameFreak 365 Pokémon to possibly evolve or pre-evolve. Well over half the currently available Pokémon. In addition, we could get more split evolutionary lines, which would bump the amount of potential candidates into the 400s. Now, if GameFreak go overboard with the evolutions, we might get as much as 20 new relatives, though 10 sounds more likely.

In other words, hardly one in twenty. We might speculate all we want, but it's >15 times more likely that our proposed candidates don't get an evolution, than that they get one.
  7. shockwave527

shockwave527

Just realized something...

I was looking at that picture, staring into those glassy eyes, and it's not likely but possible...

Ghost type?
  8. shockwave527

shockwave527

I KNOW this is a double post, but it deserves something separate from my previous post because of how different this is.

NEW IMAGE (yay! Just what I was asking for!):
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Here we can see all the other 'lutions, plus more artwork and a battle scene! In the lower scene, I know that COULD be fire, but does that look like feathers to anyone else?

[​IMG]

Could be fire, but I'm going with feathers

EDIT: Yeah, I definately think they're feathers. Perfect shape, you can see the lines on the feathers and the stem down the middle... could just be my mind seeing what it wants to see, but...

Also:

[​IMG]
  9. Exbo

Exbo

10. deluge

deluge

It clearly has a ribbon theme but what type would that relate to? I can only think of normal (unless there's a new 'saint' type or w/e the rumour was). I'm thinking cute, pink, normal type with high HP like Audino, Lickilicky, Blissey, etc.

HP - 130
    ATK - 95
    DEF - 65
    SPA - 60
    SPD - 110
    SPE - 65

The 95 can switch with any of the 65's and we still have a decent mon for wishpassing, healbelling and special walling. Put it in attack (or SPE) rather than DEF to make this a bit less like Umbreon.
  11. JumpTigerX

JumpTigerX

okay....Bug....
  12. Jedurham13

Jedurham13

Stop speculating based on the name, eevee-1, jolteon, vapor eon, flareon- 2,3,&4, espeon and umbreon- 5&6, glaceon and leafeon- 7&8. The "fia" will convert to "eon" making it nineon- NINEon.
  13. JumpTigerX

JumpTigerX

why do you think GF will use english name as you said then convert back to japanese?

and if they really do want to mean Nine in english, its not going to be NI.
  14. Exbo

Exbo

So it could be anything, maybe flying, even ground or ghost :P

You just did the same thing...
  15. Jedurham13

Jedurham13

Stop speculating TYPE based on the name, ive yet to read a more logical claim on what people believe is the reason for the name being what it is
  16. Nyara

Nyara

I think she's Normal-type! Just look, she looks like Wigglytuff and others Normal-type Pokémon.

Discarded types (because how it looks): Rock, Steel, Ghost, Dragon, Ground

Poison, Flying, and Figthing are also options, in that order of odds, but I don't think so.
  17. JumpTigerX

JumpTigerX

Im just going to translate what the caption next to the picture said.
    The picture that with red-ish background:
    >What!? evolving from Eevee??

From my understanding it makes me feel like a evolving scene rather than a move screenshot.
  18. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

Judging by that in game image... those DEFINITELY look like feathers to me (though being orange and red is odd, maybe sky attack?) and it doesn't look like it's getting hit, it looks like it's using the attack itself. So, flying just bumped normal off its perch as "most likely type" in my book.

Though if it DOES turn out to be normal, there's a few interesting possibilities that makes more likely.

If it WAS normal type, it stands to reason that it might be treated differently than the other eeveeolutions, due to being the same type as eevee. As such it might not adhere to the same conventions as past eeveeolutions. It could have a different set of base stats, maybe even a different total. It could have a different level-up move pattern. All sorts of things.

But really, now that I've seen that in-game image I'm thinking flying, which I can't help but to wonder about. How will it perform in competitve battling? Of course this all depends on the spread and movepool. Flying is an interesting type, and is very potent offensively given the right moves. The problem is of course that most flying types that aren't straight up birds tend to get the shaft when it comes to flying type moves. Hopefully that won't be the case here, though exactly WHAT a grounded flying type (as this appears to be) can use is up in the air.

really all it comes down to is that I WANT MAOR INFO! I can't wait until we finally know everything then I can start theorizing about tiers and roles and all that stuff that really interests me.

Yeah I'm really into theorymonning, what of it? GEROFF ME!
  19. shockwave527

shockwave527

I found a way to express my thought on all of these hard-to-decipher pokemon types.

Show Hide

(Sung to "Part of your world")

Look at these pokes
    Aren't they cool?
    I can't wait to talk about them 'round school
    But there's something I just
    just can't stop wondering.
    Look at this mag
    Treasures untold
    How many wonders in CoroCoro?
    Lookin' around here you'd think
    (Sure) we've learned everything

I've got chespins and froakies aplenty
    Yveltals, Xerneas galore
    (You want fennekins, sure?
    I got twenty)
    But who cares?
    No big deal
    I want more

I wanna know what the typings are
    Could it be flying
    Fighting or Dragon
    Or even another rarer
    (Which type?) Normal
    Come on just tell what the typings are
    Is yveltal dark or flying or fire
    Or is there even a type
    (Such as?) Light

What could they be?
    When will I see?
    When will the burden of wonder be freed?
    When will they show
    Wish I could know
    The typings are

How many routes
    Travel'd to find out
    Could they be water?
    How much must I play
    Or use sunny day
    Could it be ground?
    Maybe not sound
    But wish I found
    At least the type of the eeveelution
    Could it be flying
    All through the sky and
    Ready for me?

I'm ready to know what the typings are
    Come on gamefreak
    Give us some answers
    Could it be fire or evolve with a
    (What's the word?) burn?

When will we learn
    Wouldn't I love
    Love to find out the types stated above?
    Come on tell me
    What they could be
    Tell me the types
  20. AmericanLights

AmericanLights

i see what you did there

I'm having a hard time seeing it as anything other than Normal or Flying but that seems to be the popular opinion anyways. I would probably consider Fighting too but the bows make it really difficult for me to envision it as such.

If it is Flying (which I'm leaning towards), then that means Tornadus won't be the only pure Flying-type Pokémon anymore, unless TrollFreak does something silly like make it dual-typed. Just a little thought I had.

Anyways I'm even more excited for these games now, the Eevee line has always been one of my favorites and seeing this made me super happy.
  21. Zentrius

Zentrius

Whatever the hell that thing is, I'm pretty sure it'll be NU, lol.
  22. deluge

deluge

I guess it could be Flying. The bows could also be intepreted as wings of butterfly or something like that (Bug?...lol) and the streaming ribbons remind me of Suicune's tail which is supposed to evoke the Northern Winds (which is why it can learn Air Slash, Tailwind and such weird moves for a Water type).

For Flying types that aren't avian then tend to go more with wind-based moves in the movepool over things like Peck, Brave Bird etc. So if it's Flying hope for Acrobatics, Hurricane, Air Slash and whatever new goodies come out.
  23. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Maybe we focus so hard in the fact it has to fly that we forget it doesn't neecesarily have to, like dodrio, my point:
    Wind controlling poke. All those ribbons give me an image of them being moved by the wind.
  24. LonelyWolf

LonelyWolf

I must point this out now when it's totally visible:

- Look at the right page, bottom left. Just beside Espeon and Flareon. There really is some silhoutte which has some Japanese on top of it. What is it and what does that text mean? I'd love to believe it's another eeveelution, but there should be arrow between Eevee and it also... All I can interpret from silhoutte it has 4 feet and some kind of spiky tail (or whatever). It's sad it is located so that scan doesn't show it very well, but well...

Now my point about "Ninfia". I agree it's very hard to say which type it is... Most obvious would be in my opinion Flying, but time will tell. Also, I must say for my sons sake that it also has slight resemblance of Mienshao and therefore there is a possibility of Fighting-type. I wouldn't count on it though.

I'm happy we finally got something real to discuss about!
  25. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

I think the bottom left thingy is just plain text, you know it's common for japanese people to put text inside those things (dunno how you call it in english) just check top left corner of the left page, those things are what i'm talking about.
    Damn my lack of vocabulary!
    Edit: I can also see B2/W2 on the text so I doubt it'd have anything to do with this, maybe some minor announcement regarding BW2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)