1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

Some people think that Eevee's latest evolution mechanic will be gender-based. Female Eevee can evolve into Ninfia by some odd means, and male Eevee can evolve into a blue masculine counterpart. This theory isn't total bullshit, but there has to be a second step to take. Your Eevee would need to hold something or level up near a new rock as a second requirement, but Pokemon's about choices and low requirements. Male Kirlias can become Gardevoirs if the trainer just wants a Gardevoir regardless of gender, so one would be pretty hard pressed to support the claim that Game Freak would continue to make separated gender-based pokemon in such a manner. The only time they had a boy and a girl as separate pokedex entries in the same season was with Nidoran. It doesn't seem likely they would do that again.
    I imagine that obtaining a Ninfia would require a hold item. I'll leave it up to the Eevee short to show any indication as to what an Eevee must undergo before evolving into it's eighth choice of evolution.

Also, the more I look at it, the more concerned I get with its face. Compared to the others, Ninfias nose looks a little...smashed in. This is more of a comparison to past artwork of the other Eeveelutions, since they're all facing the front in that movie ad on the left page.

I wouldn't count on anything just yet. The text there is overlayed on top of that black stuff as if it's trying to stand out in its own little corner (like a black firework) while talking about the Eevee family. It might be saying something like, "Up to B2 and W2, we've had these Eevee evolutions!!
  2. Emolgathesquirrel

Emolgathesquirrel

Fenniken is the best to me
  3. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

It looks ten times cuter in the battle scene, it's awesome!

Thought the same thing!

Also, the new movie name makes me excited as hell! Mewtwo, probs one of my fav pokemons, and genesect, probably my least favorite pokemons, them clashing? please yes! What I'm interested in, is if mewtwo gets a new form, or something new this gen to make it totally freaking awesome!

Also, maybe they'll focus more on older gens with this game! Gen five was all like fresh start, but this time we had 1. old wild pokemons in trailer, 2. the first pokemon to be released besides starters or legendaries to be an evolution of a old pokemon. New evolutions are quite common, but not to be released like this (see lucario, zorark). and 3. the new film having mewtwo. It's still a gen 5 movie, but gen 5 was all like "fresh start, no old pokes" and now they are reviving THE original uber. And the movie is also sort of a transition to the new gen, so maybe?
  4. Judejew

Judejew

I think the new eeveelution is gonna be a shedinja-like ghost type.

[​IMG]
    if you notice, all the evolutions are listed on the left of eevee and then the new one goes on top, but from eevee itself. And it's bigger than the others.
  5. deluge

deluge

Someone mentioned that there might be another new eeveelution. I wouldn't rule it out. There were three in gen I and they introduced new ones in pairs in both Gen II and gen IV. The pairs have been had types with some kind of non-neutral relationship in terms of matchup. So if Ninfia is Flying-type maybe there will be a Ground or Rock or Fighting partner. I wouldn't complain. :)
  6. Onicon

Onicon

The longer we look at it, the more it begins to feels like a bug type. Also, it reminds us of another weasel.
  7. NMx13

NMx13

Probably Fighting or Rock. Ground is not SE against Flying or reverse, but who knows... it is gamefreak logic. I'm hoping that there is another evolution. The one we currently know doesn't satisfy me. Random pink flying Eevee o_o ? As for name, Ninfia sounds like Nymph to me, but we already know it.
  8. Yanmega0909

Yanmega0909

Eevee .3 meter tall 6.5 kg

Vaporeon 1 meter tall 29 kg
    Jolteon .8 meter tall 24.5 kg
    Flareon 9 meter tall 25 kg
    Espeon .9 meter tall 26.5 kg
    Umbreon 1 meter tall 27 kg
    Leafeon 1 meter tall 25.5 kg
    Galceon .8 meter tall 25.9 kg
    Ninfia 1 meter tall 23.5 kg

Looks like Ninfia is among the taller eeveelutions but is the lightest. Bug/flying?
  9. Jabroni

Jabroni

I think the folks who mention the ribbons have the right idea - I think they're inspired by the aviator scarves warn by old timey pilots.
    I too thought it was a new victini form at first sight. I would kind of have hoped for something, more feathery from a flying type eveelution... And if it is in fact normal... well why wouldn't they just go with a sleeker looking evee?
  10. Nicki

Nicki

Where is the Light type speculation when you need it the most?
  11. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I seriously doubt that any Eeveelution will be dual-typed. But the fact that its the lightest is very interesting, I would definitely put my cards down on Flying-type, especially with the streamers.
  12. jonmccaskill

jonmccaskill

I really like the idea of gender-based Eeveelutions.
  13. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Maybe it evolves using the new mechanic "that let's you grow closer to your Pokèmon" that they've been hinting about?
  14. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Most likely a coincidence but Ninfia's name splash at the top of the it's screenshot page has the same coloring as the Dragon-type icon before Gen 4. [​IMG]
  15. Tog3T3st

Tog3T3st

Why didn't I see an eeveelution? But a Fennekin evo?
  16. Tog3T3st

Tog3T3st

17. Charro

Charro

That's the cutest thing I have ever seen. And based on the name and the screenshot, I'll guess it is a flying typ D:
  18. The King of Harts

The King of Harts

Here's what makes me weary of a Flying type: Eevee's whole shtick is that it's an adapting mon. The stones force the situation, under the moon Umbreon, under the morning sun Espeon, grassy rock Leafeon, and icy rock Glaceon. As far as the Pokemon world goes, how do you adapt to being a flying a type? What situation makes you become a flying type?

Unless there's a sky city (which would be awesome), I'm drawing a blank on how it becomes a flying type. I'm not saying it's not a flying type because I agree that of the remaining ones it seems the most likely based on looks and name, but I'm just stuck on the how. I could see someway of evolution for every type except for flying.
  19. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

"Throw your eevee off a cliff"

boom flying adaptation.

cute pokemon though!!
  20. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

"Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes." -pokedex

Doesn't always has to be "adapting to enviorment". I think it'll involve the new happines system making the eevee all fluffy an floating, aka flying.

my guesses go to mainly flying, or normal. Doesn't look enough like other types, and the screen has things looking like feathers. Best bet is still flying.

Some people are overspeculating.
  21. MattWillSurvive

MattWillSurvive

Anybody else notice those conspicuous fangs? Maybe they're not a big deal, but they lead me to believe even more that this is a Bug-type. Somebody grab the OFF! Spray.

I guess they could be a dragon-y attribute, but I just don't feel the dragon vibes like everybody on Team Draceon.

EDIT: I just noticed that Ninfia's sparkling, too. PIXIE DUST, ANYBODY?
  22. Himanattsu

Himanattsu

Show Hide
    lite tipe
    wat r u doin
    lite tipe
    stahp

Am I the only one who initially thought it was Psychic- type, that evolves via Dawn Stone? Even though I'm now sold that it's Flying- after Jimbo's post, Psychic- types are usually pink, so...
  23. Farrac

Farrac

Hey...I just realized something...Maybe when they say "Taipu:???" they're not saying it is unknown, they're saying that it IS ??? Type. You know, the Egg type and Curse before Gen V. There's even an Arceus ???.

Just kidding. But I'm surprised nobody ever said this before.

Also, I dunno why, but I'm pretty sure it is Bug type. It's just an impression.
  24. Sterero

Sterero

Come on, guys. It's so obvious that it's a water type. You just breed Eevee with [​IMG]
  25. Bluwing

Bluwing

I guess the new eevee is a ghost type, because it is the lightest one the name sounds more like a ghost type and it looks somehow like a ghost, but lol idk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)