Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Also for anyone believing in this rumor: ''Ninfia or Nympheon is the first of two Eevee evolutions to be introduced in Pokemon X and Y.''
    So Nympheon is its official english name? Give me a break
    Another gem: ''Much like Umbreon in Gen II was one of the first known Dark type pokemon, Nympheon of Gen VI is one of the first Light type pokemon.''
    Implying dark typing is the same name in japanese.
  2. Judejew

Judejew

Steel is a bad type for attacking, plant and bug are decent offensive types but suck for receiving hits. Dragons are a different thing on their own, but they're easily handleable. They're just stable. Very few pokes resist them, almost nothing is weak to them either.
  3. Nicki

Nicki

I think the most interesting fact is that the type of Ninfia is not clear by is looks.
    I think the only Eeveelotion where you would not have been 100% sure of it's type just by looking at it would be Umbreon, which some people might argue it could be Ghost. But even then there wouldn't be a lot of theory spinning.

I don't think we will see a Flying type here, because if GF would follow that Cap'n Obvious scheme a flying Eeveelution would have WINGS just as Vaporeon has fins, Leafon has Leafs and so on. It's also the first one (maybe expect for Espeon) who doesn't have a name that hints directly to its type.

One thing that makes me wonder (and this happened in the very first impression I got from Ninfia) was the eyes that are completely different from all other eeveelutions so far.

My predictions:

- Either GF is trolling us and breaking is rule of making Eeveelutions a no-brainer of what their type is in favor of viral marketing and is presenting an Eevelution of the Flying type (I guess this is the most likely because of the scarf-like limbs and the probable feathers in the little in-game picture)
    - Or we will see the introduction of a new type (introducing this via introducing a new Eeveelution happened before with Espeon, though I believe it was not released before the G/C launch. Steel was introduced by the Metal Coat and evolving other already known Pokémon like Scyther and Onyx).
  4. PME

PME

5. Ingo

Ingo

You guys
    Ninfia will be Steel type
    Let me explain:
    Ninfia
    Ninfi
    Nin
    Nint
    Ninte
    Ninten
    Ninten has psychic powers
    Psychic powers means you can levitate items
    Items like STEEL
    Its base stats are 1000/1/1/1/1/2
    Hire me gamefreak
  6. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

I loled hard. Youre hired!
  7. Dia

Dia

It is more "out there."
  8. ThePROlificHipster

ThePROlificHipster

You can thank me later. I can CONFIRM that Ninfia is LIGHT-Type. You may ask why? Well, I decided to head on over to duelingnetwork to search up some card that was Light-Type. Guess what came up? Cyber Eltanin.

Long story short, eltanin is a star in the constellation Draco. And like someone eluded to before, it does complete the Steel, Dragon, Light trinity. The name "Rastaban" was formerly used for Eltanin, and the two terms share an Arabic root meaning "serpent" or "dragon."
  9. cantab

cantab

To be honest I don't expect a "Light Type" for the simple reason that it's been fan speculation for absolutely donkey's years, and I don't think GF would do something so bleeding obvious. If there is a new type (which I doubt) I suspect it'll be something largely unexpected.

Although, wild speculation time. I've previously mooted the idea of a cosmic or space type. Strong candidate Pokemon include Lunatone, Solrock, Jirachi, and Deoxys, all Hoenn mons. Hoenn of course had a rocket launchpad. Hoenn remakes have been long anticipated by the fandom. So we'll get our Hoenn remakes, with the new cosmic type, and the rockets will actually fly this time.
  10. Flareon

Flareon

E.S.P. -Eon

As in psychic powers.

Ninfia's adorable. Based on its looks alone, I think Normal, Flying, and Dragon (if only because it has fangs) are possible types for it. But we'll have to see.
  11. Brutaka

Brutaka

So...
    I decided to go digging around the official Japanese X and Y website and guess what?

No mention of "ニンフィア" (Ninfia) or "光" (Light) in it.

As I expected. I code HTML. So there's absolutely NO REASON to have mention to Ninfia on the HTML code of a site. It isn't like a video game. It doesnt need to reserve space for added things. You simply write them in when you need to.

The person who made that article is full of hokum.
  12. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Ill quote some interesting post (not identical cause i dont remember word to word) ''we already have types for everything''.
  13. Nyara

Nyara

I can CONFIRM I'm a toast. :toast:

Oh yeah, if a space-type is created, Clefa's family should be one of them.
  14. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Grass doesn't suck at receiving hits. They resist 3 very common types and tend to have decent defensive stats overall, as well as excellent support options. Their problem is that they have 5 weakness, 2 that are very common and are around thanks to Dragon-types (Ice) and Steel-types (Fire). Their other weakness aren't that common. Offensively, they only stand out because they are capable of hitting Water- and Ground-types super-effectively. Otherwise, they would be an awful attacking type.

Also, as the time passes, I am even more convinced that there will be a Light-type on this generation, and that Game Freak is not going to reveal this oficially until the games are close to being released.
  15. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

While this might be true, you just can't rule looks out. It's basic design. Think about it like this, what is one thing a lot of Fire types have in common? They're red, they might have fire on them, etc. Water types? Blue, may look like something that could live in water, etc.

No we can't say for sure that a pokemon is this specific type because it looks like it, but that's just what people tend to go off.
  16. cantab

cantab

Those too :) And maybe Kyurem, though GF might not want to change such a recent Pokemon.

Oh, more wild speculation. Going with the Ninfia = Ninth/Nine theory, up until a certain object's demotion the solar system had nine planets, so Ninfia's cosmic type.
  17. PME

PME

18. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

19. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Ninfia is the japanese name. Eifie is Espeon's japanese name.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with a light type being added. It would give something more for grass to hit SE and resist. Ice could logically resist it. It could give another weakness to both ghost and dark, as well as something more for dark to hit SE. It could even be another solution to the dragon type since Dragons traditionally hate light and hide in caves. In general, it's got more relation to current types than any other potential new type.

And normal and electric are no more like light than rock, ground, and steel are related.
  20. Nyara

Nyara

That is Lucky Chant or Swift, most probably Swift, no other move use stars (in that way) as its animation at all. It can also be a new move, but it does have the exactly same shape as Swift in Stadiums-like games.
  21. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

What? Why would grass be se on light? Why would ice resist it? Why would it be se on dark? Why would dark hit it se? What do you mean dragons hate light, they dont even exist and the legends are diferent around the world.
  22. shockwave527

shockwave527

Since when do we need a solution? DRAGONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE POWERFUL. Heck, we're lucky ICE is even supereffective. There is no "dragon problem".

And since when do dragons hate light?
  23. The Diverman

The Diverman

I'm just saying what translators are saying the text is, that it's a screenshot of Eevee evolving into Ninfia. You can take it up with them.
  24. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

I have had the same ideas for a space or cosmic type too! it would just make alot of pokemon make sense, like clafable and deoxys
  25. czechm8

czechm8

Ok crazy speculation time. If XY is about genetics and ninfia is not part of a pair. What if he has some sort of multitude ability. Probably wouldn't be called multitype, but something like it. However it's type would change while holding items that evolve the other eeveeloutions. With sun moon and leaf stones for psychic, dark, and grass. To be an ice type he would have to hold an icy rock (I know it extends hail, but this is not the time for rational thinking dammit)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)