1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyara

Nyara

Pink Bow is still the cutest booster created, no matter we can't see it.
  2. Infernis

Infernis

Well, ice doesn't really counter dragons. Mamoswine does. Other-typed Pokemon with ice moves do. Most ice Pokemon are neither fast enough nor bulky enough to seriously take on the OU dragons. Regice, maybe, but you'll never see Jynx or Glalie honestly brought in against a Dragonite. (You know, since many dragons carry fire moves already to get past steel types.)

As for steel types being defeated by fighting types, one must recall the riddle of steel. It is not the strength of the steel that brings victory, and neither is it pure flesh alone. It is the will to succeed, the force that drives one to strive for victory, that can win. Even steel will bend before the mighty and the just.

And you can't question Conan.
  3. The Cicada

The Cicada

Dragon says sup.
  4. Ryanide

Ryanide

I don't think it's a dragon. It's much too frou-frou and Yes, pink/blue is the old colour scheme used for the dragon icon, but it's really more pink than it is blue, it totally reeks of normal.

I imagine it'll keep adaptability from Eevee when it evolves, and play off that as it's gimmick.
  5. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

The only thing that makes it seem like a dragon to me is the fangs seen in one of the images of Ninfia.
  6. Nyara

Nyara

Every Eeveevolution have fangs.
  7. Crystic

Crystic

Flying type? It looks kind of flow-y.
  8. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

As far as I can tell, only Ninfia and Umbreon, actually.
  9. Nyara

Nyara

Flareon does learn Fire Fang.

Jolteon does learn Thunder Fang (and it had some frames with fangs showed on differents medias).

Glaceon does learn Ice Fang.

Umbreon does have fangs on some frames and stuff on different media.

Dunno about Vaporeon, Leafeon, and Espeon, nothing showed fang of them before, but I doubt they doesn't have fangs, as the other does, it's just we doesnt have Water, Grass, and Psychic Fang.
  10. Redjar

Redjar

I really think normal type. It just looks so well not normal but the coloring and the fact that it doesn't mesh with any other type easily. Normal is also the only typing in the eeveelution family that isn't special based and so it's not really throwing anything off that isn't already there. I guess.

Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned. I'm pretty sure it evolves based on whatever new friendship mechanic that was mentioned earlier. Look at it. It's coloring is so soft and warm. It has bows in its fur. It's the personofication (eeveesonification? pokesonification?) of friendship.
  11. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

Misread that, and now all I can think of now is an evil team made up of Colress clones. .-.
  12. Ryanide

Ryanide

I think Colress is the kind of guy who'd clone himself. It'd explain why all the grunts in the evil team look exactly the same.
  13. Yveltal

Yveltal

Colress has been doing all of the behind the scenes cloning since way back in Gen 1 when we were trying figure out why the nurses and officers were all dopplegangers. This is going to be expanded upon in X & Y, as Colress will appoint himself your personal tutor on bringing out the true strength in Pokemon by showing us in game how to successfully clone something without using a save glitch.
    Also, in the middle of the game Colress will further his amazing amazingness by inventing Pokemon hybrids with the twelve new types; Fairy, Light, Divine, Digital, Deep Space, Deep Dish, Printer, Glue, Clover, Eleventeen, Butthead, and Kansas.

-sigh- This is gonna turn out great.

Edit: To be serious for about five seconds, here are some decent translations from the Ninfia page:
    Show Hide
    "「ニンフィア」 現る!!
    "'Ninfia' Revealed!!"
    なんだこのイーブイに似ているポケモンは・・・まさか!?
    "What is this Pokemon that resembles Eevee...could it
    be?!"
    なんと、イーブイから進化するのだ!
    "How did this evolve from eevee!?"
    見た目によらず実力派!? 何タイプなのか?
    "How strong does it look!? What type could it be?"
    今度は一体・・・何タイプ!?
    "What on earth is it's type now!?"
    ニンフィア
    タイプ: ???
    とくせい: ???
    高さ: 1.0m
    重さ: 23.5kg
    Ninfia
    Type: ???
    Ability: ???
    Height: 1.0m
    Weight: 23.5kg
    イーブイ/ノーマル → 新たなる進化 →
    Eevee/Normal --> New evolution -->
    ポケモンX・Yにイーブイの新たな進化形が登場!!
    New eeveelution form has appeared in Pokemon X/Y!!
    「ポケモンX・Y」に登場する新ポケモンの名はニンフィア! 進化に秘密が!!
    Introducing to "Pokemon X/Y" A new Pokemon named
    Ninfia! It's a secret evolution!!
    ポケモンB2・W2までで7タイプに進化!!
    Up until B2/W2 there were 7 Eeveelutions!!
    イーブイからの進化の方法も現時点では謎だ。
    At the moment, the way it evolves from eevee is a mystery."
  14. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Team Baguette pursuing its evil goal of stealing all the cheese in the region ftw!

Still now that the Ninfia hype is passed and thread advances at a somewhat slower pace, i'll reshare my opinion since I think nobody even saw it.

I think of Ninfia as flying, my main reason, there are flying pokemon that don't fly, even though it's only Doduo and Dodrio (who are flying for ovbious reasons), maybe Ninfia is flying because it has the ability to control wind in some manner, the point that its ability has not been released either it's because it may have something to do with wind. Can also picture all those ribbons it has being moved by the wind.
  15. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Flying! I think everything else is too farfetched :d

Also, powerfull stab flying move for gyarados pretty please!

No triangle in dragon-steel-"light". Since steel and dragon are not super effective against each other. I'd rather see "light being super effective to both. Anyway I don't see light happening, and think the "fairy" type is a much higher posibility. Fits allot of pokemon way better including the pixys, lots of normals and easier to change moves to that type rather then light. Still don't see it happening.

Ow, and am i the only one that wants team rocket to return? :d

Ice wolf plox.
  16. Infernis

Infernis

Yeah, I'd be down for an actual wolf. (Mightyena was close, but not quite.)

Ruffski -> Arblazen (Fakemon)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Sauce

Not overly keen on the evolution, but Ruffski is adorable.

EDIT: I always thought that Pokemon needed a 4-or-more-legged bear. We have Ursaring and Beartic, but they're bipedal and not really bearlike. (Ursaring is a monstrous teddy bear and Beartic is a pallet swap with a raging snowner and no shoulder pads.)
  17. Ryanide

Ryanide

Looking at those translations, I still find it really suspicious that "omfg what type is it guys!?" pops up not once, but twice. It would be a bit silly to go through with all that mysterious type hype only to reveal it as normal.

Also that huskie fakemon and it's evolution. Makes me want to bang my head against a desk because I know it's not real BUT I WANT IT TO BE.
  18. Yveltal

Yveltal

Mightyena was based on Hyenas, a close evolutionary cousin to canines...
    also, I'd like to offer another addition to those wolves
    [​IMG] This darling critter.
  19. Infernis

Infernis

Those three actually make a pretty decent set together, though the middle stage's tail is a bit different. Where did you find that one? The white diamond pattern adds a lot of unity between the three. Almost makes me think that the later-drawn one was inspired by the former, though the different styles lead me to believe they were different artists.
  20. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

I don't think they share evolutionary line, it's 2 fakemon and the one Yveltal posted is another completely different.
  21. Ryanide

Ryanide

[​IMG]

I feel obliged to post this. nicked it off Serebii forums.
  22. Khoodos

Khoodos

Predicted Ninfia Pokédex entry:

Zephreon, the West Wind Pokémon

Type: Flying
    Height: 3'03"
    Weight: 51.8 lbs

X: Zephreon uses its ribbon-like appendages to whip up gentle breezes, soothing those nearby.

Y: It can run faster than the wind. As it gains speed, it floats off the ground and becomes invisible to the naked eye.
  23. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

I have been on the internet for a decade, but I've never seen such a genius idea before.

Jew-type confirmed.
  24. PME

PME

My thoughts exactly, it looks like too much trouble for GF to go through just to make it a Normal type. So any speculation on Ninfia being a Normal type is dead to me.
  25. shytende

shytende

*looks at the dozen pages about light type*
    *looks at the "bloody murder" tag*
    *sigh* TrollFreak, you really deserve your name...

What I would like to talk about are the implications behind a Normal type eeveelution.
    Eeevee is a Pokemon that change type depending of it's environment. Given that I see 2 main ways it could turn out.

1) Become unableto change, and become a pure normal type, AKA the Delcatty way (Adaptability and/or Normalize)

2) React even easier to its environment, being its the ennemy's attacks (Keckleon way), the weather (Castform way), its environment (Burmy way)
    It could also learns Conversion and/or Conversion 2.

Now, a Dolphin Pokemon is obviously Water/Light, given how big troll they can be in real life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)