1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majestic Electric

Majestic Electric

In the trailer, there is a large tree you can see behind Xerneas. IF X & Y are based on Old Norse, then maybe the tree could have some significance to the plot?
  2. Farrac

Farrac

Oh, and the first post is not updated yet with Ninfia
  3. shytende

shytende

Some music to calm us all. Besides, it's pretty fitting...
    What type of pokemon are you ?

About the evil team.
    Since we're in France, maybe anarchists ? They want to shut down the Elite 4, and all the arenas. They want the legendary to cause Chaos, so they can beginning everything anew.
    Eco-terrorists was already done.
    Nationalists ?

One idea who would be really great is an evil team who control the Pokecenters. Just think about it. They can collect data on every pokemon. They can keep them as much as they want. And the PC Boxes are made by their leader.
    ...It probably won't happens though.
  4. Jabroni

Jabroni

^ hah i like it. Reminds me of when jessie and james tried to rob the pokecenter in the old anime.

In regards to a team based off loki - Loki is famously the trickster god, and that could work with the chaos/anarchist theory, but chaos for the sake of chaos doesn't seem that fun to me. Although I admit, an anarchist team could potentially be hilarious, and breath of fresh air from the self righteous team plasma!

I said earlier that the new team could be comprised of and or be lead by pokemon themselves. And actually, mewtwo and genesect in the new film could partly be there to remind us that there are pokemon out there who were treated badly by humans and want liberation/revenge. Though, Its not very norse...

But if we wanted to combine the ideas of a criminal team of pokemon with norse mythology: loki was a half ice giant who's soliders were his animal children. So they could have a new ice giant looking pokemon who is served by snake and wolf pokemon (mirroring Loki's children, the fenrir wolf and jormungandr the serpent), that could be kinda cool.
  5. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

If we're allowed to speculate wildly on evil teams, I'd like to turn the entire shebang upside down, for once.

At the start of the game, the thugs control the region, to an even greater degree than Team Rocket did in Kanto (and at the start of R/B they pretty much ran the entire business over there). The baddies are in power, you have to pay for safe passage, the gyms are shut down, the Elite Four have fled, and the Poké Centres are threatened by mafia takeover. Shortly after the start of the quest, you gain their attention, are noted for your power and eventually become cornered by a team of thugs who want to take your Pokémon for use by the (evil) mayor. That's when you encounter... la Résistance (the Elite Four being their leaders). Throughout the game, you and your companions chase the baddies from city to city. You manage to stop their evil plan to hack the PC system for personal use. The rightful mayors of the region are put back in charge. Finally, the evil team is defeated, their iron grip on the region released, and the Elite Four once again return to office. Having fought your way through the region, and challenged the gyms as they reopen, the Elite Four accept your challenge and give you a try at defeating them. In short, you are the "evil" team, and have to fight the established status quo, changing the region to your preferences.

Probably not going to happen, as portrayals of a corrupt government aren't entirely uncontroversial. It's definitely safer to go for an evil, one-dimensional team who are up to no good and who doubtlessly are the bad guys.
    Still, I would love for the Elite Four to be a little more active in the story line, instead of being anonymous faces standing in their rooms in that huge building in the middle of nowhere all day.

I have mentioned it before, but I'll say it again: I want more modest baddies. Team Rocket believed in a gradual takeover, by sneaky methods. They wanted to rule the world, sure, but they didn't want to march on the capital and overthrow society through a direct confrontation. They simply wanted to gain more and more power until they one day owned it all. At one point, they had total control of the strongest Pokémon in the world, and used it to their advantage, but it was all done in quiet. No flooding the land or evaporating the sea, no ominous clouds springing out from a mountain peak or even any freezing of a city. Mewtwo worked - and escaped - without anybody taking notice. But since Gen. III, it has always been about using legendaries to force their way to the top, often with the risk/threat to destroy the world. It's time to put less at stake again, having meaner but less direct criminals.

I'd also like a little more appreciation as a trainer. In BW2, the crowds cheer and throw confetti at you at the PWT, you get massive applause in Musicals and huge ticket sales at the movies, you've met almost every person in the region, yet when you challenge the freaking Elite Four, nobody seems to bother. Where are the grandstands, the cheering crowds, the fanclub... or even a lousy TV team? Please let the Elite Four be a less intimate affair in the future. It just feels so awkward when the climax of your adventure is battling five anonymous trainers in a largely empty building in the middle of nowhere.
  6. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Bill and Lanette team up to obtain world domination...that would actually be pretty funny.
  7. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Believe me, I don't want to get into the light type discussion again since it's fully run its course. But I just want to point out that the reason why it's usually the focus of a "new type" is that nothing else fits into the type chart. A fairy, sound, love, etc type would have trouble differentiating itself from normal. Whereas light is related to a lot of the current types in unique ways.

Somebody brought up Doduo and Dodrio in reference to Ninfia being a flying type. Yes, they can fly despite being based on ostriches. However, they are still birds. So the flying type (and thus the ability to fly) is still hinted at. There is no hint to a flying type in Ninfia's design. And it would be beyond stupid to play up the type of a normal eeveelution.
  8. Wishy

Wishy

I'm not sure where else they can go in regards to evil teams. Less super ambitious crime syndicate/gang would be nice ala TR. Instead of being like the mafia they can style them after yakuza, or have feuding street gangs.

But I'm sure it'll be another world domination plot involving superpower pokemon of the hour.

Or how nice would it be if you had 2-3 rival type characters and the plot revolved around the legendaries and some drama between them/pokemon/humans? No evil team, but maybe an evil poacher man like that antagonists from the films. someone like The dude from Power Of One would be cool.
  9. Jabroni

Jabroni

@cobraroll

I like the "La resistance" idea. Very french.
    I too would like to see an idea like that. In pokemon colosseum, there was a corrupt mayor or something, who functioned as the final boss, turns out he was running the show till you take down him and his organization. They could easily expand on the idea, and make you take down a whole kleptocracy. (though it could be considered too dark for a traditional pokemon game, still it would be awesome).
    Sadly, looking at the current protagonists, I can't see them as badass revolutionaries. Then again maybe, as you suggested, with a more active participation from the E4, some serious butts could be kicked.

To expand on an old idea...
    Through out the land, pokemon are being kidnapped for a nefarious purpose. Clefairy are captured by the thousands and experimented upon. Released, many pokemon are found with light bulbs and halos strapped to their backs. the missing clefairy are found by pokemon rangers, covered in glitter, and hurled into dragon's nests. The reason is as of yet unclear. At last, a mysterious organization emerges. Proclaiming themselves to be a holy order of saints, vowing to battle darkness and "evil" and curb the strength of dragons. They are... Team Light Type!
  10. Lorenz

Lorenz

I wanna see some small aesthetic changes to existing pokemon depending on the region you find them. For example Pikachu will always have the trademark look from Kanto games but if you trade one over caught in Gen 4 it'll have a slight palette swap or something minor. Nothing to make it look drastically different just something to say, "Oh that one came from Fire Red or came from Diamond".
  11. Baldafor

Baldafor

What Flying type moves would Ninfia have if it were Flying type? I'll not suggest we do the same with other types for now, as it's pretty clear Flying is the best to discuss right now.

It will not have any moves based on wings. There are no pokemon without wings that learn wing-based moves. Dodrio has never been 100% confirmed to not have wings, so don't go there (look at the pokedex entries, no mention of no wings, it can FLY!), and Mew can't legally learn Steel Wing in the current metagame even though it could learn every GSC TM, including Steel Wing. Wing Attack, Steel Wing, or Gust (says wings in description) are out.
    EDIT: For Doduo:
    Leaf Green A bird that makes up for its poor flying with its fast foot speed. Leaves giant footprints.
    Yellow: Its short wings make flying difficult. Instead, this Pokémon runs at high speeds on developed legs.

So, it also has no beak. No Drill Peck, Pluck, Peck, etc.

It isn't a bird, so it wouldn't get Roost or Brave Bird (yes, the Lati's get Roost, but they also have wings).

No feathers, so it wouldn't get Feather Dance.

Chatter is exclusive to Chatot for now, so that's not gonna happen. Same with Aeroblast being exclusive to Lugia.

The list of currently available Flying-type moves that it could learn are:

Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Bounce, Defog, Fly, Hurricane, Mirror Move, Sky Attack, Sky Drop, Tailwind

If it's Flying, I hope it gets a decent new Flying type move to attack with! Hurricane isn't very reliable without Rain, and Acrobatics has many other abusers it would have to compete with. Yay for Bounce though. It looks pretty bouncy.
  12. shytende

shytende

The Tam Rocket was pretty big, you know... They already controlled Kanto entirely. Giovanni was the Sylph SARL Boss and the 8th Champion. No other villain was as important as him, really.

@ Cobraroll and Jabroni : So you mean... PokeNazi.
    Actually, in this case it would be good if your Rival was already on La Résistance. Some Gym Leader, or even Elite, chosed to help PokeNazi, and some others are fighting against it.

...May be a little too dark for Pokemon.
  13. Tyranitar.armaldo

Tyranitar.armaldo

May I direct you to the corocoro images. Showing Ninfia useing a move that sprays feathers, and could very likely be featherdance.
  14. Baldafor

Baldafor

May I direct you to the corocoro images. Showing Ninfia being attacked by a move that uses a spray of needles, and could very likely be Pin Missile.
  15. Jabroni

Jabroni

well, they don't have to be Nazis... just the idea of overcoming any sort of regime would be sweet. we've seen the ridiculous lengths all these teams go to to achieve power/domination, but what would they do once they have it? and what would we do to take it back? thats gotta be cool. and I like your idea, that some gym leaders could chose to help the evil regime. yeah, maybe too dark, but it would be significantly less dark if they weren't called pokenazis haha! plus when you say team rocket was pretty big, thats what I liked about taking them down. and they controlled all the crime in kanto, but they weren't in the seat of government. (unlike E Vice in coloseum)

ps speaking of the nazis, I remember when no one knew ninfia's name and some people liked the name "aereon". I thought it was a little bit unfortunate...
  16. PME

PME

While we're on the topic of gym leaders and a dark theme (or close enough to), I'm hoping GF would give Dark types some justice and give them their own gym.
  17. shytende

shytende

Well, in case of Pokenazis, some will be forced.
    I had a somewhat similar idea...
    Early on, you encounter eco terrorists. They destroyed berry plants, and there are rumors that they are responsible of the polluted nature.
    Your Rival is part of them, and you try to make him/her change his/her mind.
    But... later, you learn that, even though they aresomewhat extremists, they are fighting the TRUE evil team, who control every shops and every medias, and try only to make profit, no matter how many pokemon or humans suffers.
    Probably won't happen though...

And Communists are highly unlikely. At best, they are seen quite positively, and at worst they are considered slightly ridiculous...
  18. shockwave527

shockwave527

8th gym = Dark gym.

That or the first gym.

Also, I want to see the elite 4 be:

Fire
    Water
    Grass
    Electric
    (Champ) Normal

Order based on your starter. Say you pick fire, it would go:
    Grass
    Fire
    Water
    Electric
    From SE on you to NVE
  19. Yveltal

Yveltal

I has 'da theory! On der baddies!
    I think the bad guys will be a group of very grumpy anti-conformist (not hipster, think punk) artists who have been rebelling against conventional ways of looking at Pokemon for a while, and just recently began taking violent action. They're stealing Pokemon, abusing Smeargles paint abilities and looking to use a legendary Pokemon all to prove some very vain and editroial points about a lack of beauty in Pokemon battling, Pokemon contests, and just about everything Pokemon that seems dangerous and, well, mainstream. These punk artists would theoretically believe not that the way people treat Pokemon is wrong, but that people are glorifying Pokemon for all the wrong objective reasons. Their leader is a woman named Eris. Eris is the Greek counterpart to Loki. They're both chaos-oriented deities.

Thank you for the sentiment -^_^-. I invented that one.
  20. PME

PME

That's what I was thinking about, just as long as they get ANY gym and not having the Dark type restricted only to the Elite Four -_-
  21. The Diverman

The Diverman

I want a really cool twist in the story, like your mother being the champion or the Prof. of the games being the evil team leader.
  22. shockwave527

shockwave527

Speaking of which: Suspected names

Professor Redwood
    Professor Aspen
    Professor Sequoia
    Professor Ceder
    Professor Willow
    Professor Pine
    Professor Maple

(Ones I particularly like in bold)
  23. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Why would they show Ninfia getting attacked? Surely they'd want to show off its attacks, and give us a guess on what type it's going to be. Plus, in this picture, it doesn't look like it's being hurt at all.
    [​IMG]
  24. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

I thought we all already agreed that was part of the evolution animation because of the text next to it.
  25. Lilligant562

Lilligant562

'What Gen 6 really needs is less fire monkeys and more pokemon with moustaches.'

- that resist Fire monkeys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)