1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

No. The page makes several statements about Eevee evolving again. While I can imagine evolving Pokemon would dispel a red energy from their bodies, Ninfia is standing in a grassy field where the background was dimmed for the animation. You can see the ridges that make up the blades of grass around Ninfias ankles if you look a little harder. Now why would they place a picture of a pokemon evolving in the field? Normally they evolve in a blank area with little to no background or atmosphere so as not to distract the eye from the evolution.
    It's most certainly an attack, unless Game Freak dun' gone crazy.
  2. Sgt.Moose

Sgt.Moose

From those, Willow and Maple are absolute the best ones. One which isn't in that list is Buckthorn.
  3. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

I've been following this thread closely from the start, and I can definitely say we don't agree on anything. There hasn't been a single unopposed idea as far as I can remember. Heck, if I made a post saying "I bet that kid with the blue jacket and brown hair is the male protagonist", I'm fairly sure some would argue that "he" is too feminine and actually one of several female designs, and that none of male protagonists have been shown yet, or that (s)he most likely isn't the protagonist.
  4. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

As I already stated on page 182 in response to someone with the same thoughts at you, "Doubt it. If you look closely at the background, you can see the outline of the wavy grass, indicating battle. Unless GameFreak are implementing in-battle evolutions, then your idea is highly unlikely. It's probably using FeatherDance or something like that."

Jellicent.
  5. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

I really don't see these "blades of grass". It looks pretty blank to me. And given the spikes of _____ around the edges, it seems too intense to be featherdance. Plus, ya know. Mammals don't have feathers. I think a fire type move is unlikely. And if this is indeed a battle sequence, Ninfia is definitely the one using the move.
  6. Yveltal

Yveltal

Who else thinks Ninfia can learn Sky Attack? They do love to show Pokemon using high-power techniques in their ads, and Sky Attack has recently been a display of red stuff in the anime. While it's true that the japanese name for Sky Attack is God Bird, Crobat, Gliscor and Swoobat are all capable of using it, so if Ninfia's a Flying type, I would think that the screenshot with the red crap is Ninfia getting ready to unleash a Sky Attack.
  7. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

It's about as likely as Skitty learning it...
  8. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Look at the background on line with Ninfia's bow...can you not see the light green and dark green? It's the same background as the battle scene with Chepin, Froakie and Fennekin.
  9. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Ok. I thinked this through and heres what i WANT for the new gen. Not what i expect since trollfreak is trollfreak.
    Stop making everything so powerful. I cant stand anymore regular mons getting banned.
    Enough of stupid AI ingame. I want real competitive sets to fight against.
    Buff hail!
    Buff ice types!
    NO ONE CARES ABOUT PIKACHU BEING THE MASCOT SO STOP SHOEHORNING HIM INTO EVERY PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL.
    Nerf rocks.

What i expect from trollfreak:
    Offensive version of eviolite.
    Buff to rain.
    New hazards.
    Pikachu everywhere.
    Buff to life orb.

Thoughs?
  10. Yveltal

Yveltal

ooo, big man trying to shoot down new ideas. The question was "who else thinks", not "who can bring a snappy comeback" You may not think it's a flying type, but assuming it is, it's possible that Ninfia's using Sky Attack.
  11. TheMrBassdude

TheMrBassdude

I could see Sky Attack, if Ninfia's Flying type. But, I do think that it could be evolution animation. If you were Gamefreak, and you had the first fully 3D Pokemon game on your hands, wouldn't you want to make evolution look a lot cooler than a flashing 2D sprite? And since the 3D sprite on a plain background wouldn't look very good, maybe the Evolution sequence cuts to the current terrain. Not really that far-fetched
  12. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

I saw that from the beginning. There's faint, fuzzy striping down the background. That's hardly a forest and grass though. Why on Earth would they try to black out a background we've seen before?
    I didn't shoot anything down. You didn't specify it was under that assumption. Without that large assumption, it's just extremely unlikely, as I said. Not impossible.
  13. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Isn't it obvious? They're dimming out the background while the move animation is taking place for a more dramatic effect. And I can clearly see the forest. I don't understand why you can't see it also...
  14. The Diverman

The Diverman

なんと、イーブイから進化するのだ!
    "How did this evolve from eevee!?"

That's the text that's right beside that screenshot, though it's probably not 100% correct, since it's not asking a question. I mean you can think what you want, but I'm 99% sure that's the evolving animation.
  15. Infernis

Infernis

As far as universal agreement goes, I don't think anyone has stated opposition to a Tropius evolution. I think we can all agree that Banana Meteor needs to happen.

Nor do they breathe fire, spontaneously grow fins and gills to live in water, emit lightning, emit coldness (wat), or grow leaves. They almost certainly don't have psychic powers.

@Offensive version of eviolite: If it doubles attack stats, Sheer Force Krabby's Crabhammer in the rain becomes the most powerful physical in the game, bar none. Roughly 80% the power of Specs Kyogre's water spout.

@Buff to rain: Oh gods, please no.

@New hazards: Aaaaagh. At least add more rapid spinners? :|

@Pikachu everywhere: But of course!

@Buff to life orb: Life orb becomes x1.5. Choice items become x2. Trololo hyper offense.
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

In the old Battle Stadium games, Collosseum and XD, the background is almost always dimmed when someone is attacking for dramatic effect. I don't know about Battle Revolution (never played it), but it's more likely that they're going to use the same effect in X and Y as well. They would black out the background in the middle of a battle because they've done it before, and that's most likely what we were given to look at :|. It is a forest setup, but the focus of the game is the Pokemon, and the environments become important when allowed to do so. That's why.

Furthermore, "who else THINKS". the keyword here is "thinks", implying that I would be looking for confirmation or a defense against the possibility amongst other posters. Skitty can't learn sky attack, so you're already implying that it's an impossibility.
  17. cantab

cantab

Game Freak'd be scared off the idea by the risk of Team17 suing them.
  18. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

I personally think it's a good idea, if Ninfia is a flying type, that is. after all, Delibird and Chatot can learn the move, so why not Ninfia?
  19. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

You can't honestly think you see a forest. -_- Maybe you need to zoom in more and compare it to the trailer scenes.

For battle animations, there's dimming the light and there's blacking out the background. There isn't blacking out the background 99% just so that some people can think they see a forest. That's just stupid.

@infernis you have to use pokemon logic. You basically just listed evolution and having the powers of certain types. Those are completely within the boundaries of pokemon logic. You don't see skitty, lillipup, vulpix, etc using featherdance. That's a move for birds/[pokemon with feathers] just as psychic types have psychic powers.

@Yveltal I was giving a defense against it since the design is comparable to skitty's. Pokemon learn new moves from gen to gen, so I was by no means implying an impossibility.
  20. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

If it's not a forest, then what the hell is it? and I have compared it to the trailer scenes - it's almost identical. And they haven't "blacked out the background 99%" as you put it, it's just extremely low quality. I don't see how many times I have to make my point before you can actually understand it...or the reason why you continue to argue with me over such an irrelevant detail.
  21. The Diverman

The Diverman

All pokemon that can learn Sky Attack is a Flying type that has wings, except for Mew.

All pokemon that can learn Featherdance are based on birds.

Ninfia doesn't have wings and it's not based on a bird, so the likely hood of that animation being either one of those attacks is very small. I mean, Ninfia can be the combo breaker and learn those moves, but even though pokemon is a game, it still follows some logic.
  22. Yveltal

Yveltal

Fixed that. I'm on board with all of this, though.
  23. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

Since when did Doduo and Dodrio have wings?
  24. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

@Narutendo3

Yeah, pretty sure you're actually the ONLY one who doesn't see the forest.

Also, Ninfia can't learn Feather Dance because it has no feathers? Putting aside the fact that you don't know for a fact that it doesn't have feathers, I guess that means that Wooper and Gastly can't learn Ice Punch? Oh wait...

And before you tell me that they learn it becuase their evolutions have arms, I say, so what? If Game Freak were really all that concerned about it, they would have let people tutor the move on to Haunter, Gengar, and Quagsire, while leaving Gastly and Wooper out of it.
  25. The Diverman

The Diverman

I left out Smeargle because it doesn't learn it natural, though neither does Mew, it learns it from the Move Tutor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)