1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feriokun

feriokun

I'm just saying it would be lame if it had no detriment what-so-ever. While a free STAB is nice... Just seems like a bad idea all around. Perhaps if it had no weakness it could still resist dragon.

Seems OP but lets face it, we need some more Dragon resists.
  2. Fennekin

Fennekin

And I don't think a rock/steel with 180 base defence was necessary, but Game Freak has the final call, really. Everything's possible at this point...
  3. Xerneas

Xerneas

I believe Yveltal is Dark/Flying. Here is why:
    His cry sounds so much like a bird, also look at his back, he has some kind of fur thing, just like birds do.
    Funny thing that I read on Youtube:

Pokemon X and Y were named by the fact that pokemon is in 3 dimensions now.

Y representing height and has a sky based legendary

X representing length and has a land based legendary.

The possible Z game representing depth and will probably come with a deep sea/water based legendary.
  4. MLaRF

MLaRF

Sorry about that, I use bro as a gender-neutral term. But yeah I guess I'll look it up if no one else will.

That is SO fucking awesome I wanna see this happen.

Agree with this one, it would make the most sense, esp. with my theory that the vibrant colours and light patterns on Xbox are symbolic of its theoretical typing.

I predict it'll actually be good against Dark, considering that good usually triumphs over evil (especially in pokemon how the young, innocent child beats the corrupt and greedy mobsters and terrorists), but also because shining a light will get rid of darkness.
  5. Onicon

Onicon

Yes, it says something about a new Saint type. We are still trying to backtrack the original but Japansese Google sucks as usual. They really seem to get most information from magazines.

While I appreciate that they mangage to pull of a world-wide release of their games, they still favour Japan with exclusive info. I think, at least; I could not find an official online source.
  6. Fennekin

Fennekin

Oh, and according to the last translation I posted, a water-sound evo does make a lot of sense for a frog, after all. Meep

edit: reposting for the same reason as last time, noone reads the end of each page.

Show Hide

Very sketchy translation.
    >Steel Saint(light?) X legendary
    >Dark Fire Y legendary
    >Dark Saint Z legendary

>Dark and Dragon type V legendary (something about Vice)
    >Dragon type W legendary (World Dragon)

>Ground Bug type (Sandora)
    >Poison Rock type (Poigan)
    >Fighting Flying type (Eadosu)

>A pokemon without a type?

>(something story related, Nine legendaries + three pantoms?), Game is set in Europe.
    >New types Sound and Saint(light?),
    >they are reviewing weaknesses and strengths. Either says it will be a drastic change or it wont be a drastic change, cant tell.
    >Team Sigma's boss is a woman. Using the power of science on Pokemon, she wants to dominate the world.
    >Some Pokemon can combine. (very vague)
    >Pokemon that can combine can be put in a case. (I think it's something about a special way of handling combined Pokemon, not sure)
    >Starters final evos will be Water/Sound, Grass/Fighting and Fire/something(trying to figure that one out)
    >N will appear after the League in a certain location. Office Jenny(wut?) arrives on the scene.
  7. feriokun

feriokun

Steel and sound eh? Mr. Mime OP to sound-type. lol.
  8. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Allow me to be a tad sceptical here... but just a tad.

User "Fennekin" joined today. Only posts in this thread. Brings up a post from an external source (which goes missing...), and whose content and origin is highly disputable and extremely hard to verify. Even if it was posted in genuine belief that it was legit, it could just as well be a Japanese guy inventing stuff and claiming it to be official. On an English site, anything in Japanese seems legit, especially if it was given some thought behind it. A single well-written post can spread like wildfire across the Net.

Birdkal posting in her(?) profile suggests Fennekin is known to the mods already, though. This little detail gives a lot more credibility, and is why I won't shout "BS!" in the boldest font Smogon has to offer. Yet.

On the other hand, if those Pokémon names start popping up elsewhere, I'd be tempted to say there might be some truth behind the post after all...
  9. Fennekin

Fennekin

Well, we already have a bunch of abilities that gran immunities (volt absorb, water absorb, levitate, and flash fire, to name a few), so would make sense that soundproof makes the user immune to Sound-type moves.

Eh I dumped my other account because this username was available. Yes, I know alt accounts are a bannable offense (my only infraction was cleared many months ago), and I'm putting myself on the line here, but I dumped my old account which does have a nice array of posts (and I'm never going back to that account). I already stated my sources, by the way. :3
  10. Pickaxe

Pickaxe

A Sound type, while cheesy as hell, still makes more sense than Normal.
  11. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

I seriously hope that they introduce a new Light type. It could hit Dark, Ghost, and Water super-effectively (the first two for obvious reasons, and the latter because light produces heat, which in turn evaporates water - although this could be used to argue why Fire-type attacks don't hit Water super-effectively, this could stop the Rain dominance on the metagame).
  12. feriokun

feriokun

I know it's not really OP, I was just being funny. I'm ready for some new typings, tbh so i'll take this "proof" and hang on to hope. Sadly its likely fake.
  13. feriokun

feriokun

What we need is a revamp of typings in general. For instance water has 4 resists with only 2 weaknesses where grass has 4 resists as well but 5 weaknesses! It just makes grass not that viable.
  14. Blazi

Blazi

I'm calling this bullshit until there's actually a scan from a magazine like CoroCoro out, which should be in the coming few days. While there is of course a probability this is true, the odds are against it. The lack of a source is the main point. And besides, remember that story from a few days ago about three version comming out featuring some new form of Eeevee or something like that? We saw how that came true...
  15. The Cicada

The Cicada

would be interesting if it turns out that forest that Xerneas is the protector of turns out to be the forest N was raised by pkmn in, and he ends up having a main roll in game.
  16. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

So from the Eiffel Tower and the Versailles locations we have a good idea this is France.

[​IMG]

Does anyone have any idea what this area could be based off of?
  17. Zowayix

Zowayix

What are Xerneas and Yveltal's Japanese names? That could give a hint on towards their "official" pronunciation.

(I looked at Pokemon.co.jp; can't find them anywhere.)
  18. The Cicada

The Cicada

oh if theres gonna be a sound type, Exploud wants to be Normal/Sound
  19. sentimentGX4

sentimentGX4

I wouldn't mind creating new types and scrapping a bunch of old, less popular types as well as eliminating redundant ones. Doing away with unpopular/redundant types actually opens up more design space since a few Pokemon each generation wouldn't have to be devoted to the unpopular typing.

Here are types I would like to see scrapped:
    Poison/Bug: keep one or the other. Most Poison pokemon are bugs and the rest fit into Grass.
    Ghost: Too few Pokemon to justify and they've actually always fitted into Dark or Psychic
    Ground/Rock/Steel: These all describe the same thing and GameFreak is going overboard with making nonsensical Pokemon steel. I don't see the steel in Cobalion or Lucario. Empoleon is so barely steel.
  20. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Flapper the Zubat = best scramblemon
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

My problem with Fennekin's translations is that details are supposed to be simultaneously announced. That was half of the point of the Nintendo Direct - making this a worldwide game. Why would something go out in Japanese and not English?
  21. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

They could be weak against each other. Similar to Bug and Poison on the first generation. Light-types could also be weak to Fire (giving more reasons to use Fire attacks, other than against Steel-types)

Yes, but only 2 of these 5 Grass weakness are really common. Although yes, you are right. Virtually the only reason why I am using Grass-type attacks nowadays, are because of those Water-types. We need something that can fix that. If GF doesn't introduce a "Light" type, they could at least modify the current type chart. Also, Light could be super-effective against Dragon-types :3 (or again, at least modify the type chart, nerfing the Dragon-types and Water-types)
  22. feriokun

feriokun

Seismitoad also would like to be Water/Sound.
  23. Onicon

Onicon

Yeah, we looked though all those blogs but there is no official source we can find. It smells a bit fishy when Smogon is the first entry in google.jp and no Nintendo within the first 20 pages.

And Nintendo usually don't give us pronunciation guides (Fire Emblem dub *hust*). My bets are on [ˈksɛrniəs] or [ksɛrˈniəs] for Xerneas and [ˈaɪvɛltɑl] for Yveltal
  24. Fennekin

Fennekin

Technically, it's not mine, I merely brought it here from the other thread.
  25. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Flapper the Zubat = best scramblemon
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

The point is that there's no official English version though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)