1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charro

Charro

Battle Revolution wasn't made by Gamefreak. In the games, Brave Bird was always red

[​IMG]

And Focus Blast is a slow orange ball

But anyway, BB description says that the user "tuck its wings" so, it's very unlikely to be that, probably just a new move
  2. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Focus Blast was a slow orange ball. We have no idea if it still will be. I'm not trying to say anything specific here, but I think it is important to remember that moves have many, many times recived design overhauls between generations. While some moves may seem obvious, I don't think a lack of similarity to a current move is the best means to dismiss it.
  3. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Did CoroCoro actually say that or just Joe making up stuff again? I'm hoping for the former so they could also revealed those damn legendaries typing as well.
  4. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

I'm French, and "Nymphali" is based on classic suffix -li (Like all our Eeveelutions : Evoli, Aquali, Voltali, Pyroli, Mentali, Noctali, Phyllali & Givrali). Nympha => Nymphe => Nymph ... So French name doesn't help it :(

Spirit type ? Faerie type ? Mystical type ? Flying type ? Love type ?

Edit : In French, Nymphe is also the state between the larva and the adult stage for the bugs. BUG TYPE ?
  5. GeeZee

GeeZee

I just registered here, and am completely new. So hello!
    I felt I had to post this, so I registered.

You know what they say; "Love is in the air"... So I guess that Sylveon will probably be Flying, Normal or Normal-Flying type. The latter being like an 'upgrade' to Eevee.
  6. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

If this theory is right and this is not a coincidence, then either Sylpheon is Flying-type, or it is a new type that is weak to Electric.

I also was thinking of that. It could be broken in-game, but there are 10 pokémon on OU that are not affected by Attract due to their lack of gender. These are Starmie, Jirachi, Terrakion, Keldeo, Magnezone, Metagross, Rotom-W, Deoxys-D, Celebi and Kyurem-B. And this is even not speaking about Pokémon used on the OU tier that are on lower tiers. I don't know if this is sufficient to make Attract an unreliable strategy, but there are other factors that you must consider. For example, the fact that you must waste a moveslot on Attract, and that 50% chance is still very unreliable if not paired with something else, like paralysis.
  7. The Diverman

The Diverman

Well it seems everyone was wrong about that screenshot, lol. It looks to be a new move, tbh, it looks like a Fire attack.

I'm done trying guess what type Sylveon is, I'm just going to wait until it's revealed. -__- Though final guess: Normal or new type.
  8. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

Hopefully we know its type by July(When the movie short premiers) I want the light type stuff to die again for another 3-4 years.
  9. Mars91

Mars91

I don't think there's going to be a clue to it's type to be dicovered in the preview. GF is trying to keep the type hidden, so I don't think they'd just give it away so soon.
  10. Glurak93

Glurak93

In German it's Feelinara. Someone mentioned that name could hint at bug because of 'feel' in it, hinting at feelers. I can definitely tell you that it does not hint at bug. It comes from 'Fee' which is 'fairy' in German.
  11. shockwave527

shockwave527

I'd have to say no for move one.
    Focus blast and aura sphere have a ball appear in FRONT of the pokemon and then shot.
    However, if you pause at the right moment, you see Sylveon's entire BODY becomes a ball of light. Then it rushes at the opponent.
    This is most likely a physical attack.
  12. Infernis

Infernis

Cute Charm, probably. Though that would make it pretty similar to Delcatty.
  13. PME

PME

Why is that people think that it's a Normal type only from Sylveon using Trump Card and Swift? News Flash: All the other eeveelutions get it as well. This reveals NOTHING about it's typing, and GF knows it. The 1st and 3rd moves are our best bets at guessing its typing. IMO: 1st move= Brave Bird, New Move. 3rd move= New Move. From this, it being a Normal type is more dead to me than it was before.
  14. shockwave527

shockwave527

Also, Sylveon, Nympheon, Feelinara... to me, even though I don't like it, these all sound bug.

Silva = latin for forest
    Nymph = form of a bug
    Feel = Feelers

Too many signs!
  15. b2j135

b2j135

yeah after looking more closely to the video on my 3DS and slowing it down...it really isn't a projectile based attack, it's a charge attack like Flare Blitz or Double-Edge. Still not saying it's Brave Bird because the effects don't look life feathers, it looks like sparks of fire or energy.
    god...WHAT FUCKING TYPE ARE YOU SYLVEON?!?!?
  16. MattWillSurvive

MattWillSurvive

"Eevee can evolve into seven different types, and now a new Eevee evolution with a different type has been revealed! What type is Sylveon? You'll have to wait to find out!"

That's written in the description of the Youtube video of Sylveon. To me, it seems as if they're putting a strong emphasis on Sylveon's enigmatic type. I don't know...why would they tantalize us with an Eeveelution that turned out to be a trite Flying-type or Bug-type or what have you?

This really makes me think that GameFreak is, indeed, introducing a new type. Either that or they're deviating from Eevee's standard, different-typed evolutions and are introducing a Normal-type Eeveelution.
  17. PME

PME

The ingame interpretations of Brave Bird never looked like they have feathers in the first place
  18. shockwave527

shockwave527

According to Serebii, we're also getting more info on Sylveon in the next CoroCoro. Hopefully type then?
  19. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

That's just saying the Sylveon is a different type than all the others. It's not really pointing to a new type.
  20. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

I realized how Game Freak likes to reveal a lot of information, but never actually say anything directly oficially. I am not saying that there will be a new type, but I think that people should admit that this generation has much more evidence of a new type, compared to other generations.
  21. Infernis

Infernis

Really? Second generation's new Scizor and Steelix didn't give that away a little bit? Have you already forgotten that light type was 'basically confirmed' by Reshiram?

I think that this Pokemon alone isn't really evidence enough for a new type.
  22. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

Aww, the tags have changed. =(

Also please please please no Love-type please no.
  23. hystEric

hystEric

This was also the first thing I thought when I read the English name.
    Sylphs are the elementals of air and are some fairy-like creatures. this would also connect to the German name because I see it as a mix of "Fee" (fairy) and "felin" + the typical "-a" ending. I honesstly think the whole "feeler" thing is unlikely, because (other than the fact that Sylveon doesn't have any feelers or antennae) why would they base the name on an english term and not on the German "Fühler" or anything similar?

At the moment I belief Flying type to be the most likely as it would also fit into the speculations about this eeveelution chart and the whole thing about opposing eeveelutions have a type relation and so on.
    While Sylph, Fee and Nymphe could possibly also hint at a "Fairy"-type I hope that will never happen as I don't want any new types introduced :/
  24. Ivysaurtrainer

Ivysaurtrainer

Sylveon- could possibly be referring to silver. somehow linking it to shinning and nymph and fairy as the other language names suggest
  25. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

AHA! I've been saying Gen I 'Fairy' ALL ALONG!

Normal types tend to exhibit fairy features... its a whole egg group! Now it could be a new type, I really don't want it to be (but if it is so what right? new things are cool?), but it clearly looks 'Normal' to me.

Personally if it evolved from Eevee with a MoonStone this is what I'd expect (though Nido/K/Q ruin the 'fairy evolution'). It being tied to 'love/beauty' hints at a 'fairy' nature and could also simply do with its evolution method...

Edit: I know gamefreak is very good about preventing evolutionary inconsistencies so it would not evolve with a moon stone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)