Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glurak93

Glurak93

Seriously people read before you write.

Just four or five posts before I've said something about Feelinara not being related to feelers.
  2. Quickster

Quickster

I'd say that the Sylph theory is the most likely. Just read this, from the Wikipedia link above:
    Sylphs are female - I don't think this needs any explanation.
    Almost transparent - Slight stretch, but Sylveon is predominately white-coloured.
    They ride the wind - I believe some made the connection between the bows and scarfs with kites, which would make sense as kites can "ride the wind".
    They're slender and graceful - The lightest Eeveelution.
    Large glistening eyes - Sylveon has massive blue eyes.
    Butterflies - Some people thought the bows looked like butterflies, and this is where they could come in.

Also, someone said that the Eeveelutions opposite eachother here had some type-based connection between them, with one of them being weak to the other. As Sylveon is opposite Jolteon in the image, it would make sense for it to be a Flying type. If Sylveon is indeed based on a Sylph, it's almost definitely a Flying type. There's still the problem with it actually flying but knowing Game Freak, they'll find a way.

Edit : Maybe knowing the origin of this mon can give us a hint towards its stat spread? Sylphs are described as moving as fast as lightning, and they befriend and protect other flying creatures. Perhaps a fast, defensive Flying type? Something along the lines of 65/60/110/65/95/130, though more HP would be nice. And just an extra: if Sylphs move as fast as lightning, and Jolteon is an Electric type, it's possible that Sylveon will have the same speed as Jolteon.
  3. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

GeeZee also made a very good point:

I'm not sure how this saying translates to other languages, but it is a well-known expression in Norwegian too. It's fully possible for Sylveon to be Flying-type and still have a pretty solid love theme going.
  4. lucariojr

lucariojr all that glitters is not golduck
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I dunno about you guys, but the first move looked like a fire move. Please give it a good movepool, GameFreak D:

also i like its new name, definitely sticks with me better than ninfia (probably just because it's an english name....................). i will dub mine taylor if i happen across one in my first playthrough/nuzlocke.

edit: the more i look at it though... the 'flames' look a bit like feathers. please no
  5. Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

I suspect the moves shown were (in order); aerial ace, last resort, swift. I am most certain about the latter 2, but I'm less sure of the first move. It is likely that my viewpoint is mitigated by confirmation bias (I 'saw' what I wanted to see).

But regardless, I am confident that either it is a flying type using aerial ace (or perhaps something like sky attack) or it is a new type using a new move. I originally thought the type could be "light". The introduction of a new type would be complicated though, considering the number of pokemon that would probably have to change type. That doesn't mean game freak won't try it. But until text or an official statement is released this is all just speculation of course.
  6. Judejew

Judejew

So they would suck offensively if people played different pokemons and they would be good deffensively if people played different pokemons. The thing is, the meta is what matters, and in the current meta, grass is good for attacking and bad for defending.
  7. Glurak93

Glurak93

Its German name is probably a combination of Fee (fairy) and feeling: Feelinara.
    Feeling... Pink... Officially announced on Valentine's day...

Love type confirmed trolololo

Edit: Official german website (don't know about the others): "[...] And now a new Eeveelution has been discovered! Which type does Sylveon belong to? The answer will remain a secret for a while!"

Now I really think a new type is possible.
  8. Jabroni

Jabroni

ok i know this was ages ago, but hyena's are actually related to felines not canines, despite their appearance. though obviously Poochyena has "pooch", meaning there's dog in there. Yeah I'm surprised they haven't had a straight up wolf yet
  9. cantab

cantab

Stone plus something else is possible.

A Multitype-esque thing has already been suggested, but what about if its typing is fixed for a given Sylveon, but determined like Hidden Power is? That would make things remain a secret right until you actually obtain it.
  10. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

If it is a new type then I doubt any huge mechanic changes as they test the waters for the new type. This being said... its not a new type... its normal.
  11. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

The first move should be ignored imo. It could be a "blasting" move anywhere from hyper beam to aura sphere, or it could be a "ramming" move anywhere from double edge to volt tackle. What we saw was way too ambiguous to even guess at.
    The "black hole" move was also a bit too ambiguous as it could be anything from a stat boosting move to something like dream eater. It's pointless to even guess at these moves since we don't even have another 3D main series game to reference.

As for the name in each language, it generally points toward a magical, feminine, possibly floating, love-based fairy or spirit of sorts. I'm genuinely stumped. I still highly doubt normal or flying. And I still stand by the idea that a new type other than light would have trouble with logical type matchups. It could still be light, but this isn't exactly what I had in mind for its theming.
  12. cantab

cantab

Actually, I've got it. The stat spread will be a straight-up wall, something like 130/65/110/65/90/60. The typing will be Ice/Ice. And Game Freak will lurk the competitive forums and laugh at our rage.
  13. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

So, looks like the people who said that picture was an evolution scene were wrong.

Also, please no Love-type. That would just be terrible. I'll take Light over Love any day.
  14. Jabroni

Jabroni

It looks kinda terrible (especially for an eveelution), so not really fussed about what type it is. I can't imagine ever using it over, well the majority of pokemon. If it turns out to be a new type... that would alter the type balance, Esurio is right, its not going to change the fundamental mechanics of the game. It'll still be pokemon. I'm not going to not play because there's a type that I dislike. Also, maybe other "love" types won't look as sloppy. (sorry for bagging on the new pokemon, fans of sylveon, I'm sure I like pokemon that you think are ugly too.)
  15. GeeZee

GeeZee

Uhum, it's a pretty well-known saying. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were many variations in other languages, maybe even in Japan. So yes, it's possible for Sylveon to be Flying-type and still being able to sport the love theme.
  16. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

i think i got it

sylveon is a physical attacker, and the first move is flare blitz.
    flareon still won't get flare blitz, but will get sylveons powerful physical recoil-inducing move(brave bird, double-edge, heart break, etc.) instead of sylveon

On a slightly more serious note, Heart Break would be an awesome move.
  17. Infernis

Infernis

@Jabroni - I'm glad I'm not the only one that dislikes the design. I mean, it's not Trubbish or Granbull bad, but it's not great.
  18. Quark

Quark

I am pretty sure that the second move was trump card.
    That doesn't tell us much more though anyway.
  19. Jabroni

Jabroni

@infernis

I always had a misplaced soft spot for Granbull... mr mime on the other hand... and klink and rhyperior just make me a little bit mad. It just goes to show, that though you can nearly always tell a fakemon from a pokemon, sometimes you wish it was the other way round...
  20. GeeZee

GeeZee

Hmm... I just wish Granbull gets an evolution this gen...
  21. ecker

ecker

so first post:

in regards to the new evveelution i did some lite research,

syl-
    variant of syn- before l: syllepsis.

syn-
    a prefix occurring in loanwords from Greek, having the same function as co- ( synthesis; synoptic ); used, with the meaning “with,” “together,” in the formation of compound words ( synsepalous ) or “synthetic” in such compounds ( syngas ).
    Also, sy-, syl-, sym-, sys-.

now, i saw something about love being in the air and idk if its translated from an image scan but if it is maybe the method of evolution has some sort of breeding requirement? X and Y are chromosomes so it would kinda make sense if lets say, a male vaporeon and a female espeon have an eevee egg that now evolves in the day in to sylpheon. I think gamefreak will throw some curveballs this gen.

although, a sylph is a fairy of the air or a slender woman, sop it could also just be a gender specific flying evolution.
  22. czechm8

czechm8

"We're surprised people care this much, so we've resolved to fuck with them."
    -Gamefreak
  23. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

As I stated long before, Fee stands for Fairy in german. So I think both point to the same.

Edit: I would love that Trollfreak just trolled us like hell and Sylveon didn't get any of those moves, it would be like huh? it was using metronome all that long? (Although I do know it's most unlikely, I'd still laugh so much)
  24. KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I've been thinkin and thinkin and thinkin about Sylveon's typing and I just cant think of any other one than normal. It just doesn't look like any other type and it looked like it used a psychic and electric move in that video so I'm going with normal...... unless there's a new type...... O_O
  25. PME

PME

On a different note, a new poke with Ice/Electric typing would be cool, STAB Boltbeam would be pretty neat, Rotom-F just doesn't cut it :/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)