1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b2j135

b2j135

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

c'mon now guys it's OBVIOUSLY THE ???-TYPE!
    It says it RIGHT THERE!
  2. Infernis

Infernis

I would love this. Though it brings in a story problem: why have Elite 4's at all when they can all be fought at once in one place? Does that count for becoming the Champion?

And I would LOL so hard if Sylveon ended up as ???-type. That would be a sweet troll move.

It just occurred to me that the 'ylve' in that name reminds me a lot of the 'yvel' in Yveltal. Perhaps we'll be getting a Xerneon, (Sxnreon?) too.
  3. cantab

cantab

The PWT was cool but I don't think they'll repeat it, we're more likely to see a more traditional Battle facility. In fact, maybe we've seen the XY Battle Tower already.

(I reckon the PWT was in a way meant to compensate for the deliberate isolation of BW, and make BW2 feel like something closer to the rest of the Pokemon World again.)
  4. Sanchezasaurus

Sanchezasaurus

I was too lazy to read more than just the last couple pages, but has anyone discussed what stats Sylveon will have? Because all eeveelutions have the same base stats obviously. I figured this topic could be thrown into the fray.

By the looks of its design, I'm guessing its going to be decently fast, maybe the 110 or 130 stat. It also appears to be fairly frail, which would suggest low hp and def, but may have a higher sp def, like 95.

any thoughts?
  5. Basileus

Basileus

From the looks of the video I would say it is gonna be a special sweeper (lots of SPa and Spe). I don't think it is gonna be in OU though, probably RU or UU if it is lucky...
  6. Redless

Redless

Imo, it looks like it will be pretty fast. It's nice ribbons could stream out behind it as it ran. I could see it being one of the faster eeveelutions, and it would be nice if it got coverage, so that it could serve a fast, offensive role. It's design doesn't offer any clues as to which side it would attack from, but it would probably get more special coverage moves, so that's what I am hoping for.
  7. Baldafor

Baldafor

The video shown of Sylveon shows two moves that most people agree are Swift and Trump Card. If those are intended to reveal anything about the types of moves to expect, I would say it would be primarily special based since both of those moves are special.

However, both other moves are difficult to determine from the animation. They look special, but we can't really tell for sure.
  8. cantab

cantab

Could be just about anything. It looks frail by Pokemon standards but not so much by Eeveelution standards, and Leafeon looks like a comparative lightweight but has the 130 in defense. If it's in any sense an "ultimate" Eeveelution it probably won't even have the usual stats.

I decided before Ninfia's reveal that a specially-based dragon Eeveelution would be good, since the type's more often physical. Put the 130 in speed and it'd be the outright fastest dragon, while 110 Speed and 130 SpA would make it a mini-Latios.

If it's Flying then again a special sweeper is an obvious pick, though it would face stiff competition from Tornadus. Alternatively I find myself strangely drawn to the idea of a bulky spread, though it would probably need something up its sleeve to compensate for the Stealth Rock weakness. Flying-type Giga Drain as its signature move maybe?
  9. Tytus

Tytus

Well, if you're convinced that Sylveon is a Normal-type, like me, you would make the bows and ribbons > Pink Bow, Silk Scarf Normal-type booster connection.
  10. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

Game Freak Please
  11. Dia

Dia

Dawn's Villa is sad you forgot her.
  12. Basileus

Basileus

Hidden bases cry themselves to sleep
  13. Lucario_Guy

Lucario_Guy

Let's leave speculation on tiering until after X and Y are released, eh? We barely know a small percentage of the Pokémon to come in Gen VI, let alone how they'll mix with the 649 monsters we have already.

That said, given Sylveon's delicate appearance, I'd hazard a guess that its Special Attack will be higher than its Physical Attack. Though I can't help but lol at the thought of it trying to smack the broad side of a Golem with those ribbons. xD
  14. Ryanide

Ryanide

To add fuel to the 'Fennekin Anubis' rumor. Lucario isn't based off Anubis at all. His design is based off Asian martial artists of legend who use blindfolds to block out their sense of sight, allowing them to heighten their inner power 'chi' (in Lucario's case, it's called aura) to 'feel' their opponent's actions and anticipate them flawlessly in combat.

That's why Lucario has those dangly bits at the back of it's head as well as the dark stripe across it's eyes. The dreadlocks are meant to represent the tied-off end of a cloth blindfold. that's also why Lucario is a fighting/steel type. It's mind and body is honed to the strength of steel due to it's special discipline.

I personally would love a true anubis-fennec pokemon as Fennekin's last evolution. Keep in mind it doesn't even need to be bipedal. It could simply be a reddish jackalfox like creature with elaborate gold markings around it's eyes and a regal, pharaoh-like countinence.
  15. Flareon

Flareon

Oh god I loved those.

But if they returned, they'd ruin my hope that Secret Power becomes a Physical Hidden Power.

I've mentioned it several times, but I think a Physical Hidden power is desperately needed.
  16. Practisecactus

Practisecactus

Sylveon is going to be, in my opinion, one of three types, and please bear with me as many of these arguments may have already been mentioned.
    Bug: Its eyes look kinda buggy, and its name may be derived from the sylvae, which is Latin for forests; as we've already had a grass type, bug could quite possibly be the next in line. However, this is my least favourite theory.

Normal: It looks like a normal type. White/pink colouring, a pink bow (GSC normal-type booster) and in my opinoin it doesn't look like it fits many other types. Also, according to its name in multiple languages, it may be a fairy-styled evolution. A sylph and a nymph (from English and French names) are both mythological fairy-type creatures. Similarly, the Dutch name, Feelinara, may be derived from fee, Dutch for fairy (I think). And if past fairies are anything to go by, this points us in the normal direction.

Light: Now, before people are up in arms about the light type, and I know OP told us not to talk about it, I honestly think it is a possible type. According to what I've read as I haven't actually read the reveal article, questions such as "what type is it?" were regularly thrown around. While this isn't enough of an argument to quantify a new type as it may just be GF increasing the buzz over this new pokemon, it seems like way too much effort for a normal type. Going back to the normal argument, it's very likely this is a fairy-based pokemon, and fairies are often associated with light.

If anyone else here is a subscriber to the fighting-dark-psychic reverse-starter triangle, wouldn't it make sense if the legendaries were to do the same thing? What if, and this is all just wild speculation, Yveltal was a dark/flying type and Xerneas was a grass/light type, thus countering one another? I know this doesn't account for a third legendary, though psychic/rock does fit in there assuming psychic is strong against light.

Also, just as a side note, it is likely that there will be another eeveelution announced, and my money, if Sylveon is indeed light type, is on ghost. I think light will be super-effective on ghost and dark and weak against psychic (just to balance out that group), and the eeveelutions have always had one strong against the other when released.

I apologise for the length of this post, but I feel there are strengths in my arguments and I wanted to share it with the community.
  17. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

Also, one thing I would really love for Gamefreak to do is integrate the card game into X and Y

Like, the card game gets no love on hand helds, and I've been wanting another Pokemon TCG game for a fucking while (I loved the GBC game). It would give this game so much more to do, even if it doesn't have online capabilities.
  18. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

...how would they go about this exactly?
  19. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

As a side game....? Like the game corner

Think Digimon World series, 3 in particular, FF8 Triple Triad, etc. etc.
  20. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

Oh I see
    That'd be a lot of extra data just for a side game though, it'd be better to just make a separate game for the TCG altogether
  21. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

I doubt it unless they'd keep the graphics high, or the game with the added features takes up all of the memory on the 3DS cartridge. They wouldn't have to include every card available, rather cards relevant to the game (i.e cards for the new generation of pokemon)
  22. Infernis

Infernis

Since we're in France, it seems, I wonder if we'll have a nearby Monaco substitute for a Game Corner. It is one of the most gambling-dense places on Earth.
  23. TheMrBassdude

TheMrBassdude

I want the main protagonist in a Bond tux
  24. Yveltal

Yveltal

Somebody needs more than five minutes the next time they want to start concept sketching Anubikin. (it's me)
    Show Hide

[​IMG]

I couldn't stop thinking about what an anubis Finalkin would look like. After quite literally five minutes of doodling, it ended up looking like a digixros between Kyuubimon and Lucario. I'm more convinced that Fennekin should evolve into a sphinx with butt wings after staring down my own abomination :|
  25. CJorex

CJorex

Too bad that Game Freak decided they want to obey the EU anti-gambling laws
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)