1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyLacewing

GreyLacewing

Fantina cries tears of blood.

Anyways, yes, a ghost type gym would be excellent. Especially since I am pretty sure that golett and golurk will be wild in the region. There is a statue of one and everything. However, dark is more deserving of a gym, especially a higher leveled one.

What other old dex pokemon do you think might be present?
  2. Deglas

Deglas

Someone earlier mentioned a desire to have the highlights of our speculation archived for us to laugh at when X and Y are released. I have taken on this task, and am open to suggestions. This Social Group is where I'm archiving things, if you want to look at it or suggest things to put in the archive.
  3. Darigan

Darigan

The only type without a legendary is poison, time for one.
  4. GeeZee

GeeZee

If the legendaries are based on Yggdrasil, the snake could be the "Z". And if so, it would be most likely that it'll be part Poison-type.
    Here, a picture for clarity, you can see the snake at the bottom:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  5. Darigan

Darigan

It would be awesome.
  6. Basileus

Basileus

I agree with this completely. We also need a better ghost then the major disapointment that is rotoms basic form...
  7. Baldafor

Baldafor

I would think the one thing they would definitely change if they add a new type like Faery is Hidden Power.

No more Hidden Power type changes.

Think about how cheesy it is in the first place. Heatran lives in a molten volcano, but it has HP Ice 70?

Yes, it screws over Pokemon with small movepools, but they were designed to have them that way. Also, it would allow us to transfer over Pokemon easily between games and only affects one move, so easy to program.

In fact it would allow for us to recapture our pokemon in different balls, or even their IVs could change.

It also would maybe force them to actually improve move pools instead of using HP Bandaid 70.
  8. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

^

and with hidden powers having like 4 or 5 combinations of IV for each Base power they have plenty of options to use for a new type
  9. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Considering that we don't have HP Normal, they might just leave out any new type too.
    I still want HP Normal for STAB.
  10. TheMrBassdude

TheMrBassdude

Giratina?
  11. Baldafor

Baldafor

I'm kinda curious which pokemon would want HP Normal instead of Swift or Hyper Voice. Technician would boost HP Normal to 90, but besides that, most pokemon would be better off with Hyper Voice or to boost Swift with Technician to 90 than HP Normal 60 or 70. I would prefer they just increase the distribution of Normal moves on Normal pokemon this generation.

Maybe a special version of Return would be good? I don't want Hidden Power to be the answer to pokemon movepools anymore either, as useful as it is.
  12. Flareon

Flareon

What about something like this:
    Pale Wave
    Normal, Special, 95BP/100Acc, 15PP
    No additional effect
  13. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

Rotom is not a legend......
  14. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

I don't think that he meant to talk about legendaries, and that he was just changing the subject to Ghost-types. That said, I agree with him, as the best Ghost-types. Apart from the aforementioned Electric/Ghost (Rotom already exists, but it is shitty, at least competitively speaking), two Ghosts that we need are Ghost/Steel (with Levitate!) and Ghost/Grass.

The subject of a Ghost/Steel was already discussed and was in fact, as extensively discussed as the Light type. However, we didn't, as of now, discussed the Ghost/Grass. They could do a shadowy, haunted, or evil seed or plant. Competitively speaking, it would be a great defensive, support, or even offensive Pokémon if it had the right stats and movepool. Ghost/Grass has a lot of potential.

It seems like every pokémon with a Steel or Ghost typing has the potential to be good, do you realized this?
  15. cantab

cantab

Steel's raft of resistances makes it pretty much always a good type to be, even with the loss of a possible better offensive STAB. Ghost's pair of immunities are likewise a boon, and it brings just the two weaknesses.
  16. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

I, for one, would like a Normal/Ghost. 3 immunities and only 1 weakness? Yes please.
  17. Baldafor

Baldafor

As morbid as it sounds, wouldn't it be cool if Mawile got a Steel/Ghost evolution? Intimidate would be a really powerful ability with such a defensive typing, and access to Sheer Force for an offensive set would be fantastic. Probably the best combination of abilities available.

An example of what one could look like from fantasticfakemon on tumblr:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Yah, a guy can dream.
  18. Dia

Dia

We could talk about the villainous team.
  19. Dilasc

Dilasc

One thing I've longed for is Poison based weather. An Acid Rain could certainly give the least used attack type some merit and might just make you say something like "I need HP Poison!"

Sludge Bomb deserves its chance to shine.
  20. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

But poison isn't a bad attack type, we just need better pokemon to utilize it, and better moves
  21. Wishy

Wishy

Thank you. A lot of HMs aren't even that bad or in-game, and it's really easy to fit a random HM here and there on a party of 6. I don't see what the big deal is, especially considering in BW I can't really remember if you ever even actually needed to use an HM move (unless it was for a shortcut, item, or an optional cave/route). HMs are fine and personally I wouldn't mind if they made them required again, at least a little bit.
  22. Flareon

Flareon

It's only super-effective against one type though, without the neutral coverage that Dragon enjoys. If a Poison-Type has a Secondary type, it's almost a guarantee that it'll use it's secondary STAB.
  23. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

People use sludge bomb on vensaur.

What Giga Drain can't hit neutrally or finish off instantly, and hidden power fire can't hit super effectively, He has sludge bomb to KO with.

Neutral coverage is OK with stab as long as your secondary typing/coverage move is able to put up with what you can't hit.

The pokemon with poison typing that are useable to some degree in higher tiers (with the exception of Venusaur and Amoongus with clear smog) tend to not run poison coverage because they tend to perform a special roll( Tentacruel with spin support, baton pass venomoth), and the rest of them aren't good enough to make that much of an impact with anything.

Poison suffers from a severe lack of useable pokemon, and good offensive moves. (can we get a metal corrosion move game freak, pls)
  24. FlapJack

FlapJack

But we have butt wings already. Remeber this guy:
    Well there should be a picture of Victini but my iPhone isn't cooporating with me right now and I don't have my laptop. Anyway, We. Have. Butt Wings.
  25. Darigan

Darigan

I think the real big problem is steel immunity. Since steel is in every team to use a poison move is to risk giving the opponent a free switch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)