1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Poison is bad offensively because it doesnt hit anything worth super effective. Theres no point in using it unless you have stab and even then...
  2. PME

PME

Straying from the enticing "Poison" talk, the more I think about it, the more I believe that a Dark gym will be introduced. Yes, it's been long overdue, and yes, they only had E4 members using them. One thing I remembered is that there are only regular...ish, Dark trainers in the Mono-Dark type Expert tourney in the PWT. Maybe GF felt bad for them? Does GF even have feelings?
  3. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

Psychic wont be weak to light. Psychic weaknesses are based on common fears, like ghost, bugs and the dark. So y will it be scared of light? Anyone here is scared of The light? Or has lightphobia? If no, then light will Not hit psychic effectively.
  4. b2j135

b2j135

I think it is time for a change too, I would love to see more gyms based on Dark, we really need it now.
    It is the only type not yet given it's own gym.
  5. Dilasc

Dilasc

He said the exact opposite with light being weak to Psychic to create a RPS effect between Light>Dark>Psychic>Light sort of thing.
  6. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Oh no, more light talk. Cant we discuss villain teams, type buffs or something actually possible?
  7. Tytus

Tytus

Well, we know one thing for sure. Every Grunt team will be composed of the new common rodent and a poison type. And maybe also a Patrat.
  8. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Patrat is the Unova rodent...
  9. Flareon

Flareon

True.

In RBY, Poison was both Super effective and Weak to Bug. Any opinions on that? Would Poison be more useful if it also hit Bug more?

At least give it 2 types to hit, right now it's worse than Steel (offensively).
  10. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

Nope, u're wrong. Gen 2 didnt use the introduced new Common rodent, sentret. Instead, moar ratatas were used. And gen 3 didnt use zigzagoooooon, yet they used poochyena. not sure Bout gen 4, nvr played or seen vids about That Gen. Gen 5 and gen 1 are The only ones who used a new common rodent.

What if the Gen 6 villian team uses, zubats tentacools, ratatas and wingulls? this few are The most annoying in gens 1-3, wingull is only in gen 3 but who didnt Want it dead. That annoyin sound it uses hurts my ears. Then if it really was about DNA and stuff, the last boss is a combined batagools. Hybrid of wingulls, ratatas tentacools and zubats, with fire fightin as its type.
  11. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

Wat we need is a move to enable poison to hit steel, corrosion maybe? Then removes steel typin from that pokemon. Like miraxle eye and foresight and odour sleuth.
  12. Flareon

Flareon

How about:

Corrosion
    Poison, Special, 60BP/95Acc, 24PP
    Deals neutral damage to Steel-Types (not counting their secondary typing), and Lowers their Sp.def 1 stage.
  13. dcae

dcae naughty list

But since corrosion occurs to steel too, shouldn't it deal super-effective damage? And I think 60 BP is too weak to be competitve, maybe 75 or 80.
  14. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

So weak, and bad accuracy. Even after the sp def fell it wont beat much outside of skarm and forretress.
  15. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Corrosion
    Poison, Special, 60BP/95Acc, 24PP
    Super effective against Steel-type Pokémon. Removes their Steel-type.

Deal with it, Ferrothorn
  16. Flareon

Flareon

I originally had it lower sp.def 2 stages, maybe I balanced it too much.
    120BP for the first strike, then removes a slew of resistances from them.
    Decent. Only Poison types should learn it though, heh.

Although this isn't speculation anymore as it is theorymonning. Is there a thread for making up moves/abilities somewhere around here, does anyone know?
  17. Infernis

Infernis

The main problem there is that almost every OU or UU bug is part steel type. Forretress, Genesect, and Scizor are the only OU bugs. (Well, Genesect is Ubers now.)

Heracross, Yanmega, and Venemoth are the only other bugs above RU, and the last one only by the skin of its teeth. In RU you still have Durant and Escavalier to worry about.

It would help against Heracross, I suppose, but poison already resists both of his STABs. If there were more non-steel Bug-type threats, that would help poison immensely.

What we really need for Poison type is a move like Soak. Soak is a rad move, but only water types who can't really take advantage of it get it. If there were a move that could turn the enemy into a steel type, Magnezone would become the trapper to end all trappers. (Gothitelle and Dugtrio can eat their hearts out!) If there were a move distributed to poison-types that could turn the enemy into something else, poison would be able to get past steel. To make it worth the turn, it'd have to be something like mono-grass. I could see some grass/poison Pokemon getting a move like that.
  18. Dia

Dia

I hope it does. Mawile needs a little love, and so does sableye (having evos of both would be excellent.) Mawile does need that evo more, since sableye is pretty good in VGC.
    As you already posted a fake mawile evo, I'll post fake sableye evos:
    http://kevichan.deviantart.com/art/Sableye-Evolutions-Re-do-71379223
    http://kevichan.deviantart.com/art/Sableye-Evolutions-37708185
    EDIT: I suggest we make a separate thread for the discussion of new types.
  19. Flareon

Flareon

You forgot Volcarona.

What if Poison hit Grass, Bug, and Water super effectively? It would make sense, because of water pollution and all that?

Maybe such a move could be like spreading Fungus onto the opponent? It could sap their natural abilities and take their type over ala Parasect, and make them Mono-Grass.
  20. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

Rattata and Raticate are the Gen 1 rodent though Plasma still used it. They could use a past rodent just not as common as the current gen rodent.
  21. Dilasc

Dilasc

I thought of an Acid Rain weather to help:

Sets up Acid Rain for 5 (8 with proper Rock) turns

-Deals 1/16 damage to all non-steel, water, bug, poison or grass types, the latter three are immune to this damage.

-Water and steel types take 1/8 per turn and take 2x damage from poison attacks. Steel loses immunity to poison and the status effect.

-All poison statused Pokemon become badly poisoned if they switch into or are poisoned during Acid Rain.

-Gunk Shot cannot miss!

-Typical Solar Beam Nerf.

-Acid named attacks auto-crit.

Polluter is the ability that auto-starts it. It's available to... uh... Swalot?

Perhaps a bit TOO good and too important for Poison teams? It certainly ends the age of water if they don't fight to remove your setter ASAP. If they do keep their weather, your poison team is wasting parts of their moveset on a crummy neutral move.

It's probably way too good, and most of the best steel types are bug or grass type anyway... not that those guys could get past a well built Muk anyway who would threaten with a lethal (especially to Ferrothorn) Gunk Shot.
  22. Tytus

Tytus

Yes, but he's in X and Y. We've seen video of the starters battling one.
    That's why I said "And maybe also a Patrat."

Also, I wasn't being serious. We have absolutely nothing to work with as far as speculating the new bad guys, so I was making a generalization.
  23. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

So why are bug and grass types immune though? Especially with the latter being weak to Poison. With bug I would think its some nasty pesticide that isn't good from them; you know like DDTs.

But this would make poison a bit better though, if not outright pretty damn good. It would be a game breaker if poison didn't had terrible coverage.
  24. Ingo

Ingo

Make Gunkshot hit three Pokemon at once like Blizzard
    Bug shouldn't be immune to poison damage, it already resists poison itself

Otherwise excellent
  25. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Bugs are not immune to poison.

And the leagues of people who use Guts Heracross can attest to that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)