Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerard

Gerard

No it doesn't, Bug is neutral to Poison
  2. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

The probably should have just kep the old Gen 1 typing matchup with that one - keeping Poison super effective against bug. I seriously thought it still was until I played BW and had a rude awakening.
  3. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

It would had been nice if it did since poison is now only good against Grass and it doesn't help that most Grass types (in Gen 1 anyways) are part Poison. Not to mention poison can't do anything on steel types which is a popular defensive type. With a strength over bug it would give poison a bit of a niche, being able to switch into Heracross and pretty much kill it from there. Bug/Steel would still be a pain though.

I don't get why Bug was super effective against Poison in Gen 1. Maybe I'm just thinking bugs eating pesticides instead of bugs eating everything. I dunno.
  4. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

You are crazy.

Ignore the '18th typing' talk pleeeaaase. Though all the fuss about Sylveon will be golden.

=====
    I want some huge mechanic changes to the core battles. Sleep being changed to something not so broken that we need to make a clause for it would be awesome though is a total pipe dream. Poison effect, not toxic though, having some side effect like burn (I mean come on, Will-o-Wisp is practically auto-cripple and is more important in a quick competitive game than Toxic).

But yeah! Give us something really new and dangerous... almost taboo breaking GF! You gave us a new type, Special Split, IVs, Natures, Abilities, Special/Physical Split, competitive hold items, and formes. You've got to have a mechanic gimmick this time too!

Plus... denerf Self-Destruct and Explosion.

Also... nerf weather a little...

Poison hitting Water for SE would be a great buff but will not happen. Poison is the Bastard type.

Oh what about berries? New berries? More accessible berries? I mean its pretty much impossible to get certain berries that they might as well not exist.
  5. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

There's already a billion berries and the only ones that ever get any real use are a few of the type resist berries, custap, and lum

I don't think we need more berries
  6. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

Well the Meta doesn't need em but the game could use em, especially if they were more readily available and useful.

Might as well add that I'd love to see a dark/psychic/or fighting centered org not a poison one.
  7. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

The only berry we need now is a Cherry Bomb.

I know. Bad joke.
  8. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

between join avenue, dream radar, freebies & dream world I was up to my neck in berries in BW2 but there was always better items to use, both held and by the trainer.

If they introduce more berries that still leaves the vast majority totally useless beyond a few exceptions in-game or out.
  9. Yveltal

Yveltal

Eat your Cherrims, dear.
    Speaking of bombs and edible Pokemon, Cherrim would be a much better excuse than Sunflora to evolve into a grass/fire type(MWL doesn't want light-type discussion, but grass/fire hasn't been dragged the whole six feet under yet. almost there...). It'll evolve into a bigger cherry with Voltorb powers. By Voltorb powers, I mean the ability to use Explosion.

Cherry bombs, duh.
  10. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

oh yeah

talking about Cherrim

I need a Cherrim evo

80/70/80/107/98/105/540, Grass/Fire, Flower Gift/Solar Power/Chlorophyll

No, I don't care

I want it

Also, Sawsbuck finally having different typing for each season

Grass/Ice Winter, Grass/Fire Summer, Grass/Normal Spring, Grass/Ground Fall

Fuck Rain, sun is forever

GIMME
  11. Nyara

Nyara

This's all we need for Poison-types, and for detrone the omniprescense of Ferrothorn.

Oh, and yeah, I love Cherrim, too, but I don't want a evolution of him, he's already too well designed for that, but a different ability related to him's transformation could be really good for making him more viable on singles, but he's still nice on doubles and triples.
  12. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

While we are at it, raise the base power of Techno Blast to 100 BP, and make it such that the drives not only changes the type of Techno Blast, but of Genesect itself. This gives us four different formes to play with, making this legendary more unpredictable.
    • Burn Drive changes Genesect into Bug/Fire
    • Chill Drive changes Genesect into Bug/Ice
    • Douse Drive changes Genesect into Bug/Water
    • Shock Drive changes Genesect into Bug/Electric

No idea how that would affect how it is played though.
  13. Dilasc

Dilasc

Acid Rain not hurting bugs is a holdover from when bugs... well we didn't have Bullet Punch Scizor quite yet and my mindset when I came up with it back then was that I should probably have about 3 types immune or Acid Rain teams are going to really struggle if they lose their weather. Dragon was a possibility but buffing dragon defensively... I'd rather not.

Grass weather immunity is because Grass types probably wouldn't like all the gunk and Sludge flying around and even if not, then fire, and ice and possibly flying will still be commonplace moves no matter the weather meta.

Even with the immunity, things like Breloom won't like facing newly empowered poison types. Can't do too much to something like Weezing or Garbador who aren't so terrible when their STAB is usable... note they still might be bad, but you get what I'm getting at here. Ferrothorn won't enjoy his new temp quad and will need a Politoed to get around safely.

Not sure I'd want bug weak to poison. A type combo with THREE 4x weaknesses is just absolutely cruel! It's bad enough to have 2 fairly common ones, but a 3rd, as uncommon as it'd be is just harsh. Poor Parasect!
  14. Yveltal

Yveltal

I had some epiphanies recently.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thought you guys should know.
  15. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

Lol @ considering things for singles almost exclusively.

I'd like to see moves that boost for both you and your partner.. for example:

Rally: Raises attack 1 stage (includes all adjacent mons)
    Encourage: Boosts Speed and Attack by 1 stage of partner
    Health Seed: Provides 12.5% regen/turn for all allies pokemon (until switch out, can be BP'd)
    Warcry: improves critical hit ratio of all adjacent pokemon, +1 accuracy

I have read this entire thread since the start and the bw2 suggestions thread in OU forums.. but the best suggestion I have seen is the posion type attack suggestion that damages steels and removes steel typing!! I love it!! Please implement GF!! Maybe not just for ferro but all the steels that are so dominant in OU!!
  16. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

I like how this forum easily changed from slypheon to poison types. also a dark type smokescreen move that raises the evasiveness of all ur allys.
  17. Xenol

Xenol

I found a pretty funny picture and thought I'd share it here.

[​IMG]
  18. cantab

cantab

If there was a new type that could be an excuse to see some existing matchups changed. I'd like to see poison become super-effective against steel, based on the acid connection. Poison could use the buff and steel could use the nerf.
  19. Exbo

Exbo

Me too. It could happen even without a new type added.

I also never understood why Ground is SE vs Steel and Electric isn't...
  20. Present

Present

Steel (Metal) conducts electricity, it isn't harmed by it. The only way the metal will be harmed is when it is too thin and it will melt. Ground is most likely SE against steel because steel things are build on earth. (Most likely earthquake = collapsed building).
  21. b2j135

b2j135

[​IMG]
  22. Exbo

Exbo

Water type is sad you forgot about it.
    And shovel > soil.
    But yes, physics =/= pokemon I guess....
  23. Present

Present

Water in fact does not even conduct electricity. (Only the ions in the water). So either water should be immune to electricity (lol), or it is based on electrolysis, which would make no sense whatsoever. (electrolysis is the splitting of water molecules through addition of electric current).

So indeed, physics =/= pokemon.
  24. Exbo

Exbo

Water w/o ions..... wow, do I miss the old tags.
  25. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

Bug/Steel confirmed to be cockroaches.

Well Genesect does look like one so yay! We're doomed!

Speaking of Genesect, anyone thinks we're gonna get his unaltered fossil form?

lol

Considering what's been happening to Sylveon this may as well be true.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)