Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

There will still probably be some region exclusive give aways just by virtue of Japan does more of that (Pokemon SMASH giveaways, random giveaways for Japanese <rails,stores,etc>)

But hopefully everything else gets a 1:1 release. It will be interesting to see how they handle the movies & their giveaways, since those are about a year apart
  2. Vemane

Vemane

Yes. Let's ignore something that gamefreak did (because that is bs obviously) and rather adapt what smashbrobrawl in all of his brilliance believes because that is how logic and such works
  3. Infernis

Infernis

Really, now? I could have sworn it was, as obviously stated in my post.

But the obvious must be stated at all times.

On a mildly related note, how about those Gen VI fossils? I'm thinking some kind of not-Lapras Plesiosaur and a stegosaurus. I have no basis for this, but it'd be neat.
  4. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

In games there probably IS only one genesect nowadays. Lore-wise it sounds like the scientists were only able to revive & outfit one of the things

That said I don't see the connection between Kabutops & Genesect at all. Completely different body types, different heads, different...everything except maybe posture but that's hardly proof positive. Kabutops isn't even a bug or ever referred to as a bug.
    If you're just going to handwave it as plasma modifications you could probably say it was anything vaguely-bug like.
  5. Ingo

Ingo

Movie/Anime=/=Game=/=Manga
    By that logic, Rhydon can be defeated by aiming a lightning bolt to the head, Zoroark literally gains the moveset of a Pokemon it copies, Iron Tail functions like Earthquake, Flames don't affect humans, and Nuvema town is a bustling city, complete with it's own airport and port by the sea.
  6. clapyourhands

clapyourhands

Don't forget that Seviper would evolve from Arbok.

For Gen VI fossils, i want to see perhaps a new kind of fossil that deviates from the Rock-type tradition. Perhaps a frozen fossil (Ice/???) or a tar fossil (Poison/???). Or if they have to, just Rock/Ice and Rock/Poison respectively.
  7. Exbo

Exbo

I so badly want to see Gen VI use MILLISECONDS instead of seconds to generate random seeds. Oh yes. MILLI. SECONDS.

Try to rng-abuse now without pokegen while I am laughing my sides off.
  8. Tytus

Tytus

It's interesting that of all the current fossil Pokemon, only the Gen IV ones are actual dinosaurs. Might be because it's difficult to assign types to a plain dino like a Stegosaurus or Velociraptor.
  9. Infernis

Infernis

Rock/Normal wouldn't be a cripplingly bad type, right? ...Right?
  10. Quickster

Quickster

I'm sure that 4x Fighting weakness would come in handy. And the Water weakness. And the Grass weakness. And the Steel weakness. And the Ground weakness.

Yeah that's a pretty bad type. The only slightly redeemable quality is that it would be good against Zubat...
  11. Basileus

Basileus

4x weak to fighting

2x weak to water, steel, ground, grass, and ice?

Doesn't sound like OU material...
  12. Lugiatina

Lugiatina

There's a couple actually. There is Grass, since a lot of dinosaurs lived in tropical environments and/or herbivorous. There's Dragon, since dinosaurs are large reptiles. There's the obvious Rock to represent that they are ancient creatures and resurrected from fossils. For the marine reptiles, the most obvious typing would be Water. A dinosaur could also be Ground or even Fire type to represent that the age they lived in had volatile tectonic activity with large volcanic eruptions. Hell, a Velociraptor could even be part Dark to represent thievery or Fighting since they had to fight to bring down their prey.

To put it plainly, it is very easy to assign types to dinosaurs. I'm surprised gamefreak hasn't put these types to use on fossils yet.

Edit: Another note that most dinosaurs in Pokemon are not fossils at all. Stuff like Venusaur, Groudon, Haxorus, Zekrom, Kyurem, Dialga, Palkia, Sceptile (kinda), Tropius, Tyranitar, Aggron (bipedal triceratops) Garchomp (it's a landshark that does have some raptor like traits), and Meganium, just to name a few.
  13. Flareon

Flareon

4X Fighting weakness for a Ghost immunity, you tell me.

Although I'd like to see Normal/Everything else be made.

Something I think would be fun would be a Fire/Electric type with No Guard and Zap Cannon + Inferno.
  14. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Amazing. Instead of backing up your arguments with facts you go and make insults. I suggeste you read some posts above and learn that gamefreak role in the anime production is zero. The anime is full of bs that should never be related to the games.
  15. Basileus

Basileus

No gaurd an zap cannon? Next your gonna want golurk to learn fissure...
  16. CabooseFTW

CabooseFTW

So what if Genesect is Kabutops? Last I checked, neither of them are gen 6. If you really want to you can start a thread about every possible detail missed in the past generations, but I for one don't care. It freakin' SAYS at the top of the page:
    Just tie it back to X and Y.
  17. Nyara

Nyara

This... but, nothing will change at all if we have compatibility with the previous generation, people will just keep abusing of the RNG and just send them ready for the new generation... it will just make really non-popular the news Pokémon for competitive battles. This is anyway, one of reason why I prefer we should not have trading available with the previous generation, or at least not without any sort of restrictions.
  18. Redless

Redless

What might a gen 6 "Unmodified Genesect" be/look like? I am thinking that it could be a Rock/bug as has been stated before. I hope it wouldn't get Genesect's insane movepool, but instead would be a faster Pokemon with sweeping potential, like a Scizor with more speed and a worse defensive but better offensive typing.
  19. b2j135

b2j135

Or just pure Bug.. EVERY Pokemon the the prehistoric times was a "rock/x"
    type, Mew proves this as well as the deities.
    Although I would love to see something like an offensive Rock/Grass type.

Rock/Electric sounds appeling but not for a fossil, maybe something like a magnetic rock similar to the Chargestone Cave rocks...3rd evolution to Noesspass? But yeah EQ...maybe it can have Levitate!
  20. Tytus

Tytus

I was assuming a new dino fossil would be at least part Rock-type, since every other fossil so far has been. Grass did cross my mind, but the idea of something being Grass-type because it ate plants seemed silly to me. Something like Tropius or Venusaur where it is actually made of plants works though. Dark also seems neat, ala Tyranitar, but there's the 4x Fighting weakness again. Dragon would be reasonable as well.
  21. mcFlareon

mcFlareon

Actually I think a Rock/Grass type would fit a Stegosaurus quite well. Just imagine the plates on the back are modified into thick/sturdy leaves that absorb sunlight to give it energy. I'd imagine the plates/leaves lighting up when it uses attacks like Solarbeam or Synthesis, and the spikes on a Stegosaurus's tail can easily be modified into large thorns.

Going with that I could see it with either Chlorophyll/Solar Power as abilities. Maybe even Sap Sipper, I mean Sawsbuck is a Grass type as well that has Sap Sipper so it's plausible.
  22. cantab

cantab

RNG manipulation is a good thing anyway because it means you can get perfect Pokemon without cheating or dumb luck and therefore reduces the advantage that cheats and lucky people can gain. I think Game Freak have been aware of it for some time, and so far they haven't tried to stop it.
  23. Flareon

Flareon

Fixed.
    Why not? I think it'd be awesome.
  24. lmitchell0012

lmitchell0012

Gamefreak, if you are listening please lower the shard cost (or whatever you have to pay) at the move tutors for this game. I'm sick of wasting my time looking for them just so I can teach my pokemon one move. I think pretty much everyone will agree with me on this (don't know why anyone wouldn't).
  25. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

as long as its stats aren't too OP, I reckon it could be pretty cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)