1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RomanceDawn

RomanceDawn

This! All of this!

It never dawned on me that I even wanted an ability tutor. Even one more option for each Pokemon would make me happy. I just want something more for Primeape please! That or an evolution for him.

As for a baby beetle it seems like its only a matter of time before something is created for the beetle bros.
  2. shockwave527

shockwave527

Think of a meteor. About that much.

Suggestion:
    A while back, people were mentioning problems with HMs, and I think I've come up with the most sensible solution.

GET RID OF HMs
    They are no longer needed
    Or at least make them deletable
    I don't mean make us not need to surf, keep the idea behind HM's, but either make them all TMs or make HMs able to delete
    They're not really different from TMs now aside from they effect the outside world and they are not deletable thus sometimes ruining a pokemon, and now all TMs are multi-use, so I see no point in making HMs unremovable

Let's say it all together now
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, GAMEFREAK
  3. Ryanide

Ryanide

I feel like if Steelix did evolve it'd outclass a lot of bulky rock and ground types on the physical side. Bastodion and Probopass need some love too!
  4. Infernis

Infernis

Steelix is already supposed to outclass a lot of those Pokemon. Look at that base defense.

I don't really get this argument, honestly. Surf and Waterfall are great moves on most water Pokemon. Rock Smash isn't a horrible coverage move, now that they've bumped it up to 40 power. Strength and Cut are good substitutes for Return before you've maxed out happiness. Fly is a pretty decent move in the games, since the AI is so bad. (Though it'd be great if they improved it!)

It's not like the move deleters are hard to find, anyway. The worst one, I think, was Hoenn. That one didn't have a Move Deleter until well after the 6th badge was earned.
  5. Dilasc

Dilasc

Perfect Primeape ability: An ability that lets you run all damaging moves off your Physical Attack. This allows Primeape to use Thunderbolt, Hidden Power, and most abusively, non-deteriorating Overheat since it lowers a now unused SpAtk. The kick is: the attacks would still strike the SpDef, so don't Overheat or Focus Blast on Chansey... not that you'd want to Focus Blast with Close Combat available anyway. On the other hand, hit all the Steel types hard on both sides!

As for HMs... could we make Strength a Rock type move? Maybe with 5 more Power?

Steelix evolving would mean, well, just give Steelix an Eviolite, shall we?
  6. shockwave527

shockwave527

I like the HMs, but, like with any other move, I want to just be able to easily replace it if necessary without having to go to a move deleter. I like all my pokemon to have good sets and, since you can't get rid of HMs anyway, it wouldn't be like deleting surf or fly could get you stranded somewhere.
  7. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

I'd like to see a solid rock improvement:

Lowers power of super-effective attacks by 50%

boom Solid Rock pokemon now more viable!

feeling generous GF?

Lowers power of super effective attacks by 75%

Can't wait to see the new abilities GF will come up with, based on history I can't imagine them capping every pokemon at 3 useable abilities and capping almost every levitator with 1 ability so really excited to see what happens in regard to that.

Personally my prediction is an intrinsic ability (trait) such as overgrow/blaze/torrent on every starter and levitate on every levitator and then a "learnt" ability such as iron fist on infernape etc.

Breloom would get yet another buff with toxic heal and technician (and we all know Breloom must be buffed every generation) and perhaps more exciting based on current abilities is the threat of things like guts and iron fist Conkeldurr or moldbreaker + sand rush excadrill :P.

Ofcourse that is easily solved for most pokemon by putting a "not so great" ability as the intrinsic ability, such as effect spore on Breloom etc.

All of the above said and done.. I doubt GF will actually DO dual abilities but I am excited that it could potentially happen!! And I know I've brought it up before both in this thread and the OU one but how GF approaches abilities is something I am really anticipating!

Earlier I really wanted pre evo's for cool pokemon like Amoonguss however when I saw the level they evolved at (ie Amoonguss @ 39) I was disheartened.. but here is a gem! Breloom evolves from shroomish at level 21, which means there is more then enough space for Breloom to evolve again @ around the 30's or 40's!!

Ofcourse if it evolved I doubt it'd get MORE offensive... I'm calling something similar to 85/110/120/60/80/80 or thereabouts if it does happen though. Probably a new ability or two.

I'd also like to ask if we could speculate on what existing pokemon should evolve (or get a pre eve) based on patterns in the past, some ones I was considering were:

1. Prankster pokemon are often pre eves (Riolu, Murkrow, etc). Now Whimsicott, Liepard and Sableye stand out as pranksters that are not pre evos as legendaries gonna legendary. Whilst I doubt Whimsi/Liepard would evolve, chances are Sableye will!!!!

2. Durant and Heatmor - I see these as rather similar to other "rival" pokemon however the fact that their stats have been done so chitty means GF is probably leaving space to evolve them! Hustle is another "pre evo" associated ability for gen 5 pokemon (think Zweilous, Darumaka)

3. Sigilyph & Maractus - especially Maractus, such an odd pokemon
  8. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Oh god...a Breloom evo...imagine either a souped-up Breloom, or even a Breloom with access to Eviolite...(shudders)
  9. cantab

cantab

Your sole Pokemon is a Surfing Smeargle and you delete Surf while standing on a grass-less island without any fishing rods yet. Time to delete your save and start over. (EDIT: There has to be a non-rematchable trainer on the island of course so you'd level up your Smeargle and have it learn Sketch over Surf.)

Or your friend trades you a Pokemon they hacked to have a HM it can't legitimately learn and you don't realise and wipe the HM in similar circumstances, same result.

EDIT: Or you get an event Pokemon that's got a HM for a special move, such as a Surfing Pikachu.
  10. Xylaser

Xylaser

I want baby legendary pokemon like baby lugia
    they don't evolve they grow up after ...days or levels
  11. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Just saying, there actually IS a way to get stuck permanently in DPPt: by going through the entire game without a fishing rod, use up all your rare candies, trade a Finneon into your game, teach Surf to it, go to the Meister guy on some random island and trade for his Magikarp... who can't learn Surf, and you can't grind it because there's nothing for you to grind on without rods or grass.
  12. Basileus

Basileus

How about no?
  13. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

As much as I love the concept of evolving legendary pokemon, this also gets a no from me.

Baby Lugias are the same species btw. We have the anime to thank for that.
  14. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

I've nothing against HM's, but I would like to see them augmented/partially replaced by the re-introduction of the Kyogre and Groudon mechs from XD.

Sure, it would probably need to be something other than Groudon and Kyogre (Lapras and...Aggron? Rhyperior?), but it'd be cool to actually see your charater riding on a mecha Lapras across the water. It's more plausible than surfing on one of the ever present small fish pokemon.

Come to think of it, how are they going to do Surf animations? Are they just going to have a generic blue blob (like the old games, but in 3D of course), or actually going to have a Surf animation for everyone who learns it? I doubt the latter, but it'd be cool.

Still, Mecha Lapras for Surfing (keep Surf as a HM, since it and Waterfall are legitimately good moves, along with every other HM *in game* except freaking Cut). I suppose we could use Mecha Aggron/Rhyperior for Strength replacement, but I'd still like to see Strength as a HM.

And before anyone says anything about practicality, let's not forget this is the Bag where you can 99 of every Potion, 99 of every Berry, Key Items AND still have a Bike in it. Add to that TMs & HMs (in a case, pretty compact), Key items like the Town Map, the Pokedex and all your spare Ultra Balls! Why can't we have a Mecha Lapras? Plus, anime Cilan can carry an entire dining set, table and chairs included, in one backpack!

Make it happen Game Freak. Mecha Lapras. With animation, please.
  15. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

I would like Mecha-Tyranitar to be available ingame.
  16. b2j135

b2j135

so...Steel-Dark?
    don't we already have Bisharp?
    Oh by the way there actually is a Dark/Psychic type...it's just not a Pokemon :p
  17. cantab

cantab

I believe another person already mentioned the possibility that all Pokemon could have their size scaled by level. For that matter we could just see slightly randomised size, given the anime and even the games have established that individuals of the same species do vary in size. That said I think the focus on the new game engine means such niceties would be things for 7th Gen.
  18. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

As a Godzilla fan I'd love to see that. Mecha-Godzilla is one of my favorite characters and a homage to him is pretty cool.

/makesakaijuteam

That would be pretty interesting to see. I wonder how much it would affect a pokemon though.

Wailord's size and Groudon's weight would smash everything.
  19. Infernis

Infernis

Wailord is pretty rad-looking in Coliseum.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

It'd be swell if he were just as gigantic in the new games. Look at that Sceptile. Even in HeartGold, he was one of the biggest Pokemon you could have follow you.
  20. b2j135

b2j135

Wailord is the tallest Pokémon in existence, but only the tenth heaviest. Groudon is the heaviest of all Pokémon.
  21. Xylaser

Xylaser

In the anime was ash's charizard smaller than other charizards because they were stronger oh and his krabby was smaller than gary's krabby ^^

i think this is more possible in the 7th gen than a light type xD
  22. PME

PME

Hopefully GF will give us a break and give us SOME prevos that we really want, but for some reason I don't see them ever making mini-Kang (though I REALLY want it, just like a lot of us). And Girafarig prevo/evo please. Make it happen
  23. Yveltal

Yveltal

I think having the tallest Pokemon present on the field with accurate size comparisons like in the console games was the point of his post. I wouldn't expect Wailord to be heavier, since he's a whale. Whales have got a lot of blubber. Groudon's made out of heavy armor plating crafted from what looks to be a precious mineral, and rocks are more dense than fat. Groudon's still shorter than Wailord, so seeing him in game wouldn't be as impressive.
  24. Deglas

Deglas

Yes, but Wailord's density is somewhere between Styrofoam and air. This should not be the case.
  25. Infernis

Infernis

You know, Wailord is really weird. If he's 47 feet and 7 inches long (as given in the Pokedex), I'd guess he has a radius ~12.5 feet along the secondary axis. This makes his diameter roughly half the length of his major axis. (Treating him as a cylinder here.) Discounting the tail, I think this is pretty accurate.

That gives him a volume of about 24,544 cubic feet, or 695 cubic meters. He weighs 394 kilograms. That factors down to .0567 grams per cubic centimeter. Hydrogen is 0.08988g/cc. And this is assuming that the measurement in the Pokedex is its length, not its height. He's a bit rounded off at the ends, so this density is a little low, but at best that makes him a creature of pure hydrogen and void.

Sweet marmalade, no wonder he levitates so well in Coliseum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)