Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Diverman

The Diverman

There's a big reason why I said smogon, but that would open a huge can worms. Imo, complaining about crits and hoping they're abolished goes hand in hand, but whatever.

Well that's your opinion. I mean it would be an interesting thing to test, but we will be wasting our time. I just think it's a pointless discussion, I'm pretty sure GF would want to add more elements to the game rather then taking existing ones away.

Anyway, I never trust supposed "leaks" from 4chan.

Edit: I remembered some asking this, but there is a 3DS emulator out there.
  2. Golden Piloswine

Golden Piloswine

Based on the statues of Golurk, and how Unova was supposedly "far away". I'm gonna speculate that this region is very close to Unova. It could lead to some interesting tie-in's/references to gen V. Another thing that probably isn't true, but I have some thoughts. The Golurk statue, in the 14th movie, that ladies' golurk... If she was considered a hero after the events, the statue could be in the same city where the movie took place. Which would make sense if the new region is close to unova.
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The entire point of Fly is to be a quick travel method
    The moment you put something, anything, to that it has failed its purpose
  4. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

No, I don't think 4chan has ever had any leaks before. 2ch yes (2chan is an imageboard, 2ch is text-only), at least in BW1 and (I think) Platinum. But here's the twist: this time, the games will be released worldwide. Pokémon games are huge, the localization teams have to get their hands on the game script sooner than later so they can do their thing. While I don't think we would have so much info as this leak so soon (lol seven months???), it's perfectly plausible we get some pokémon names, types and designs, because the regional teams have to localize their names for the simultaneous pre-release news.
  5. b2j135

b2j135

6. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

I'd argue that all the pokemon are pretty much in final form at least artistically if not in full 3d render. GF probably held back a few evos from BW and other Gens intentionally. Besides they were making Pokemon for Gen V before Platinum released.

All considered I think leaks about mons is very likely by now.

This being said that is all bullshit.
  7. R_N

R_N

2ch is also known for having accurate leaks for other games. Brawl's one of the bigger ones that I can think of, but I'm sure there's more.

The caveat to all this is that just because it can have and has had accurate legitimate leaks, does not mean every leak from 2ch should be welcomed with open arms like some people love to do
  8. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

Oh god. I don't want it to be true but...

Jean/Jane ~= Gene

GAAAAAH!
    Do not want the forced names!
  9. R_N

R_N

It's no more forced than names like Dawn or Rosa & Nate

or Red
  10. CyberDagger

CyberDagger

Legitimate champion N. Calling it now.
  11. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Ooh, I like that idea. Maybe not the champion role though - more of a minor role. This could be a possibility, seeing as N did flee to another region at the end of BW2 (iirc)

Edit: Regarding that 4chan rumour, my opinion is that seeing as this guy seems overly-confident that his claims are true, if NoA release a new video showcasing Pinsir and Heracross' pre-evos in March, then his other claims are probably true as well. However I hate the starter types he's claiming :( (Grass/Flying and pure Water WHY). I don't mind a Fire/Psychic Fennekin though. And a Fire/Ice Darumaka split evolution sounds AMAZING, seeing as Darmanitan is one of my favorite Pokémon, and a Fire/Ice combo is one I've been craving for years. Same for Hariyama's evolution.
    However, I must remind myself, this is a 4chan rumour we're talking about here, so it's most likely false.
  12. R_N

R_N

He didn't flee anywhere
    He's still in Unova at the end of BW2. He does mention wanting to find Hilbert/Hilda if you take his sidequest all the way through in the post game but he still kicks around Unova.
  13. cantab

cantab

There will not be forced names, considering the importance of identifying the OT of traded Pokemon.
  14. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

It would be awesome if XY took place between BW1 and BW2. Then we could find out what happened to N and the BW1 players.
  15. Dilasc

Dilasc

France next to New York City? I dunno, that doesn't jive with me somehow.
  16. Infernis

Infernis

Unova has an airport, you know. It wouldn't be horrendously difficult to get on a plane.
  17. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Sorry. I played that game months ago, and can't remember the exact storyline and what happens at the end.
  18. shockwave527

shockwave527

I'd like there to be two HMs:
    Fly and Glide

Glide would be like flying in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
    Running into sky pokemon and taking you anywhere
    Maybe it could allow you to land in some glide-only places, like treetops section of a forrest or a tall mountain or a city somewhere in the sky.
  19. cantab

cantab

Free flight without the risk of wild encounters or trainer battles though would still be a quick travel method, allow its use to reach new areas, and be a great way to show off the game engine.
  20. GeeZee

GeeZee

That'd be cool. Also, I'd love to see Pokémon-mounts, like Arcanine, Hydreigon, Swampert etc. It's an unrealistic wish, I know, but it'd be so cool.
  21. b2j135

b2j135

Pokemon-mounts? What the heck are you going on about?
  22. cantab

cantab

Riding your Pokemon in the field, I presume. You know, once Game Freak finally decide that fitting a bicycle in a kid's backpack really is a bit silly.
  23. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

I'd love to ride my Aggron and Gyrados.

Shame Game Freak thought this was a bad idea.
  24. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Would people be opposed to gyms not having a theme, but rather having well rounded gym leaders with variety and/or a strategy like weather/bulky/sweeper/balanced/stall etc.

I mean I've been buying and loving these games since RBY and I understand that the gyms being relatively mono-type is pretty iconic at this point, but I just can't help but think it would be a really nice change to go towards actual balanced gyms instead of "pick X with a super effective attack and sweep all".

Hell, it might help bridge the massive gap between story mode only players and competitive play, even if just a tiny little bit, by teaching a sense of balanced team building.

Idk, just something rolling around in my brain.
  25. cantab

cantab

I think that might be best left to a post-game area or maybe to the Elite Four (since you have to face the E4 with a general-purpose team anyway). Adding that level of strategy to the gyms will force less-skilled players to run before they can walk.

Hopefully we'll get Challenge Mode from the start in XY, and maybe in it leaders could have a wildcard Pokemon to compensate for their typing's main weakness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)