1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

I don't really like your idea. Perhaps for gym battles/ "official battles only? If you think about it, pokemon is about having the team you want, and cutting in on your ability to have a team you want is wrong, especially if you want trainers to not fight you if you only have one pokemon and they have more. I'm assuming you meant they will only use as many pokemon as you, but that still is ridiculous. Some later teams literally rely on having more than one pokemon to carry out a strategy. It would really restrict most people, and if anything, it should be an option, but not tacked on to a hard mode. In my opinion, the worst kinds of games tack a gimmick to the hardest mode, forcing gamers who enjoy hard mode to go through something they rather wouldn't.
  2. blitzlefan

blitzlefan I remember it all too well...
    is a Pre-Contributor

has there been any more official news (since i last came to the Orange Islands) after Sylveon information was "released", or as it just been 4chan leaks and the like?

Edit: all right, thanks. that's what I thought. can't wait for the next CoroCoro!
  3. Pombo

Pombo

only more speculation about typings and names and bla bla bla. I believe this thread shouldnt even exist... there should be a monthly thread the (also monthly) CoroCoro.
  4. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

I think the only official news so far have been:

1) The trailer from the Pokémon Direct, first announcement of the games.
    2) The names and vital measurements of Xerneas and Yveltal.
    3) Sylveon revealed as "Ninfia" in CoroCoro.
    4) Sylveon's International names revealed.

This, as well as some minor tidbits from the announcement post on Masuda's blog (where he just summed up the stuff from the announcement, as well as clarified that there will be a new mechanic). The rest, already enough to fill a small library, has just been outright fan speculation, or fan speculation disguised as official leaks. And it hasn't yet been two months.

EDIT: Pombo, be quiet. We all love a good speculation. Makes the game generate fun for several months before its release.
  5. b2j135

b2j135

New topic:
    I was just playing the Entralink and comparing the new BW2 one to the old one from BW1.
    Overall after playing around with the missions and such, I liked the old one better because it had more appeal to it.
    How do you think X and Y will handle their mini-game feature? Will is use Streetpass? Spotpass? BOTH!?!
    Also, wouldn't it be cool if they added a new Game Corner with online/local multiplayer? Sure it IS gambling, but instead of gambling for points, how about gambling for ACTUAL Pokemon Dollars?
    Then they should makr the prixes purchasable throguht Pokemon Dollars to accomotate the change. I did liek how Eevee was exclusive to the Game Corner is G/S/C...or was it R/G-B/Y my memory is a bit foggy in this...BUT I DO REMEMBER IT!
  6. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

No way...I love this thread, despite all the arguments everyone has. When the game's officially released, it'll be fun to look back at all the speculation everyone made.

Edit: On an unrelated note, I'm unhappy they didn't reveal anything X and Y related in today's episode of Pokémon Smash. However, at the end, there WAS a teaser for next week's episode with board with a big red question mark covering it up...possibly a new Pokémon/Sylveon's type?
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  7. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Nope, just the infamous villian "mystery pimp".
    Seriously though, I see two things about this picture
    1. He looks like a pimp. Which is awesome
    2. Both corocoro and smash will likely tell us what ninfia's type is next month around the same time. On may give us more info than the other.
    Also, who is it that gets and scans the corocoro magazines? Just wondering. Do they have a screename or something?
  8. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

I want a trick house , like in RSE. It makes it fun, and to give u a reason to play this trick house is that u can get items like in GSC, the 7 siblingswill Give u items u cant find anywhr else on the Map. also, it helps u to train ur pokemon if u dont want To fight wild battles but a distinct lack of trainers. Or gamefreak, pls make A RSE remake with an insanely good trick house.tons of fun for ur whole pokemon team.

Also gyms should have btr puzzles than lousy cannons that pew pew shoot u, moving heads of dragons, a freakin library or ice puzzles that dont make u rage. Pls, make moar invisible walls, rotating doors,fiery pits that hold trainers in them, the dreaded wallace icecrackin thing, sliding ice that brings u back to the entrance if wrong, pointy arrows That move u around rhe entire gym, invisible floors.

Or the best kind Norman's gym, whr u choose doors to enter, and every room Has a fire fightin pokemon, that is an early game gym, with miltank like pokemon whose has 2 slots of milk drink and they use an active item that is like lucky chant which blocks ur crits and 5 full restores. Dont forget, they roll out.
  9. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I don't know if they'd reveal another Pokemon so soon after Slyveon and before CoroCoro
    It could be something related to a different game, the new movie, or the anime, for instance.

I like that they ? marked his mouth, too. JUST TO BE SAFE
  10. Lucario_Guy

Lucario_Guy

dem lip readers yo

Watch it be another one of their silly minigames where they dress up like Pokémon and toss a ball to and fro. :P
  11. PME

PME

So is this the correct order?
    a. Corocoro reveals new info, however small it may be
    b. People discuss about it to death for roughly 2-3 days (as I've seen with Sylveon)
    c. Arguments fill the gap in time until a week before the new Corocoro
    d. "Quiet Time", more speculation, but we're all just waiting for info
    e. New info released, vicious cycle repeats

Am I correct so far? It's my first time on here after all :/
    We're starved for info, aren't we?
  12. Megayanma

Megayanma

I think the fox is too overated
  13. Nomark

Nomark

This may be a bit off topic, but does anyone else want a sort or filter function for the PC? We'll have over 700 pokemon next game, and I'm bent on completing the National dex. It could be by level, number, name for a search, and OT or species for a filter. The PC has significantly developed every generation, I hope this one isn't different.
  14. Yveltal

Yveltal

I haven't made an attempt to complete a national dex since Leaf Green. It'd be nice to do all the fieldwork and trading again after so long.
  15. kazzafan

kazzafan

Fennekin

Did anyone think that Fennekin may have used ' Me First ' ? And it maybe Fire Fight as Kirlia used a PSy move on it ?:naughty:
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

[​IMG]

While we're talking about the commercial, Fennekin's ear hair was waving at anuncomfortable level for me. You can't just blame that on animation.
  17. lucariojr

lucariojr quell the storm and ride the thundurus
    is a Contributor to Smogon

We already have this as of BW2 (probably BW1, too). Look near the X button on the bottom screen.
  18. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

The worst part is that this is a pretty legit possibility
  19. kazzafan

kazzafan

Also , Just noticed by watching the trailer again that Y Legend is the only Pokemon that makes sound , so maybe Sound type ?
  20. Green

Green

pokemon smash reveal anything?

pokejungle.net is down so I can't check

:<
  21. Xylaser

Xylaser

I think the final evo of chespin will look like a green typhlosion with spikes on it's back
  22. GeeZee

GeeZee

Oh God, here we go again... Ha... Ha...
  23. Flareon

Flareon

I'm with you here, there's just absolutely zero logic there :P

What are some move tutors/new TMs that you guys are expecting / hoping to see?

Again, this isn't speculation, just a wishlist of sorts, so don't expect logic here. I think it'd be decent if the elemental fangs + Crunch were added, mimicking the Elemental Punches. Also perhaps tutors for awesome moves with terrible distribution, such as wood hammer and aura sphere. Perhaps Flare Blitz too.

So I can live my dream and have a Flareon with
    Flare Blitz
    Crunch
    Superpower
    Flame Charge

One can hope...
  24. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

You can read this page to find your answer.
  25. Charro

Charro

ò_ó dammit, I expected Smash to reveal at least some more info about Sylveon. I doubt they'll reveal anything next week, we'll need to wait for next month's CoroCoro
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)