1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b2j135

b2j135

DO WANT!
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

I'd be quite happy with this
    Show Hide

[​IMG]

Also, I like the idea of Sigilyph evolving. His mysticism deserves to be expanded upon.
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Wow that evolution went real stupid real fast
  4. cantab

cantab

That's a pretty cool final evo. And thinking about it, with Chespin being named after spiky things steel typing seems quite likely. An offensive grass/steel type could be great, given a suitable movepool.

Then I wouldn't mind seeing them repeat what they did with the DP starters and making the secondary types 'reverse' the primary cycle. That would make Froakie's final evo Water/Fighting (since Water/Fire seems unlikely), and Fennekin most likely Fire/Psychic or maybe Fire/Flying (Fire/Grass seems unlikely and I can't see Fire/Electric happening either).
  5. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

It finally occurred to me what Chespin's green... hat thing... reminded me of. Team Plasma. Their old medieval knight style. And medieval knights, at least stereotipically, used to wear mail coifs.

Now I can't expect nothing short of Grass/Steel for Chespin3. Except, of course, a palm tree evolution because that's too awesome to ignore. But still, Grass/Steel knightmon. Yeah, could work.

I mean, a GOOD Grass/Steel Chespin3, not that thing.
  6. Xylaser

Xylaser

that's ridiculous
    grass/steel don't harmonize like grass/fire or fire/water or ghost/steel
  7. CabooseFTW

CabooseFTW

[​IMG]
  8. cantab

cantab

Are you trying to prove that Grass/Steel is a good combination, or that it isn't :-P

Seriously, Ferrothorn to me just looks like a weird UFO. /offtopic
  9. Xylaser

Xylaser

trust me grass/steel is garbage
  10. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

More 4chan rumours for you to enjoy -.- ("Fennekin evolves into a support pokemon with good defences and good support movepool" please be joking)
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

As many of you have stated before though, all these claims clash (eg; starter and legendary types differ, different features are mentioned etc)
  11. cantab

cantab

"Bond" just basically being more EVs strikes me as unlikely. They won't replace EVs since they won't break compatibility and I don't see why they'd add something that's basically the same.

My guess, or maybe more hope, on Bond is that it'll be used in something similar to Contests or Pokethlon, that's unrelated to battling. Maybe it'll be an espionage game.
  12. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

And AGAIN, no overlap with previous rumours! Namely, the starter and Legendary types. They all rule each other out. We can't tell what is legit and what is not (though, this is by far the weakest I've seen), but we can definitely know that all of the "leaks" we've heard so far, (maybe minus exactly one), have to be false.

And yet again, Infinite Monkey Theorem. Given enough guesses to stuff like the starters' or Xerneas/Yveltal's type, one of them is bound to be true (after all, there's a finite amount of possibilities). And even guesses on stuff with infinitely many possibilities may turn out to be right.
  13. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

There's nothing out of this world with that rumour, but it sucks so much I'm not even paying attention to it.

Man, Grass/Steel must be one of the easiest concepts to work off with. Just make a cyborg tree and you're cool
  14. CabooseFTW

CabooseFTW

Also with the Ferrothorn thing, I know it looks wierd, but I still think that the grass and steel meshed together nicely on it. Disagree if you must, but I just wanted to point out that it was possible. (btw fire/water type wouldn't harmonize at all)
  15. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I don't think Ferrothorn looks weird at all. I think it's one of the best designs of Gen 5 tbh.

Yay subjective conversations.
  16. R_N

R_N

Fire/Water tubeworm

I'll be expecting my check in the mail, gamefreak
  17. Xylaser

Xylaser

haha
    anyway i think to evolve a mammal into a steel mammal ist stupid
    maybe when chespin eats something that has lots of iron^^ or you trade him with metal coat..... no just kidding it's still stupid ;)
  18. R_N

R_N

About as stupid as a bird evolving into a steel bird

But like that would ever happen am I right
  19. CabooseFTW

CabooseFTW

Or maybe barbecue shrimp? After all, GF isn't above doing bacon or ice cream mons. Make it happen Game Freak.
  20. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

I don't see what the issue with steel/grass is. Sure you can argue; "Well steel isn't natural! And grass epitomizes nature."

Son you just got pwnt; Bug/Steel Durant came knocking on your door.

Steel, in poke-verse, is just as natural as rock and ground and ghost and poison and fire and electric are.

Personally if Chespin evolves into a Grass/Steel I'd be fine, not that crap-on-a-stick fakemon. Though Grass/Fighting would be more my thing.
  21. cantab

cantab

Nothing wrong with fire/water, just base it off anything emitting steam. A boiler say, or a geyser.
  22. Xylaser

Xylaser

maybe with metal coat :D
    oh and the steel bird lays steel eggs so the pre evo is a steel bird too^^

yesyes it's a game and gamefreak can make what they want
    like a hedgehog into a steelknight ok :)
  23. Dia

Dia

Second Stage Evo: WIN
    Final stage evo: Epic fail...
    Seems too busy and too overdone. It looks like it's trying too hard.
    The fact that ferrothorn sucks design wise does not mean grass/steel doesn't "harmonize". I'd like a grass/flying evo, though.
  24. shockwave527

shockwave527

Wish:
    I want this game to have 12 gym leaders. Not 8, but 12. With increased memory size, this could be so much fun! And they could do one for each type. I'd hope:

1. Bug
    2. Flying
    3. Rock
    4. Fighting
    5. Poison
    6. Ground
    7. Ghost
    8. Ice
    9. Psychic
    10. Dragon
    11. Steel
    12. Dark

With elite four:
    1. Grass
    2. Fire
    3. Water
    4. Electric

And champion Normal, with Grass Fire and Water appearing depending on your starter, with the one weak to your starter first, than the same, and then the third person is your rival.
  25. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Fire/Water is a easy concept on my opinion. Any Pokémon related to vapor would do the job. Something like a monster made of vapor, that would use hot water as one of its main weapons (something like learning Scald at lower levels).

For a Grass/Fire, something related to charcoal is an obvious choice, having Wood Hammer in its arsenal since charcoal is made of wood.

For a Ghost/Steel, it is obvious; a haunted suit of armor. Though there are also some other ideas that I had, like a metallic or robotic vampire or werewolf, or a Frankenstein monster.

C'mon guys, no type combination is impossible to harmonize. It is just a matter of thinking a little. The problem is that some types ease the harmonization, like the Steel-type (just think about anything in a robotized version).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)