1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dilasc

Dilasc

What, nobody's ever thought of Houndeath?

Also, am I still the only one who thinks a baby beetle that becomes Hera or Pinsir would save dex space... and give Pinsir a chance at Megahorn?
  2. cantab

cantab

As the channers mentioned themselves, with names like Hooklyne (and sinker, people believing the stuff), Flyby'nyte (what 'Mr XY' will turn out to be), and Iwish (seems like a lot of people do).

Also, just noticed big mistake Mr XY made when making up his names.

"705. Olympen"

Presumably an evolution of "Skieet", the names and typing make it sound like both are based on winter sports. The IOC are super protective of their trademarks, they'd sue Game Freak in a heartbeat for that Pokemon name, and Game Freak will know that.
  3. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

...But isn't "olympic" a common, not trademarked word...? How would they sue Game Freak for that?
  4. Subject 18

Subject 18 S H M A C K E D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Server Moderator

I just found this. Don't know if you guys already know about it.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  5. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Certainly not something that's been actively discussed for the past so many pages
  6. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I'm still of the believe that we should just wait til mid March for the alleged pinsir/heracross baby official reveals alongside the "bonding system" before even discussing issues of legitimacy.

He called out specifics and a time frame. No sense arguing over anything til that does or doesn't happen.
  7. kazzafan

kazzafan

The 'Iwish' Dragon/Grass was too hard to ignore. They are fake ...
  8. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Why? That's potentially one of the worst Dragon dual types that could possibly exist. I don't see any reason anyone would ever wish for that other than just because it doesn't exist yet.
  9. cantab

cantab

I suspect the IOC have registered it everywhere they can. In Britain there's a law dating back to 1995 that restricts the use of the word "Olympic" and anything similar to it, and a more recent 2006. I believe similar Olympic-specific laws exist in most countries that reasonably recently hosted the games given the IOC pretty much won't award the games without guarantees of such.

Regardless of whether a court would actually find against them or not, I doubt Game Freak would take the risk.
  10. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

because many many people have wanted a grass/dragon
    Usually in the context of "Serperior should have been part dragon" or "Tropius dragon type evo" but
  11. The King of Harts

The King of Harts

I just wanna say that a Grass/Dragon could be based on the four-leaf clover, making Iwish a punny name based on the lore of Clovers and the luck they bring and how they're usually associated with the Irish.
  12. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Serpriene, tyrroi and tigrace could be part of some legendary dark trio.
  13. kupo555

kupo555

"Yokozuna" is the highest rank in sumo.

I do agree with others, though, that these names seem to cast these rumors in more doubt than previously. Though, honestly, they're done thoughtfully enough that I won't be surprised either way, whether confirmed or denied. The general size and amount of info being leaked also seems suspect but who knows. Like others have said, not much to do now but wait for mid-March to come and go.
  14. Glurak93

Glurak93

I'm almost sure the 'zuna' part comes from 'yokozuna', the highest rank a sumo can reach.
    I guess that's pretty much what a hariyama evo would look like, a fat badass.

I can't say if this list is real, but it's pretty believable COMPARED TO OTHER RUMORS imo.
    I would love if it was.
  15. b2j135

b2j135

682. Houndoomed?
    really?
    This "leak" is faker than Kim Kardashian' ass.
  16. The King of Harts

The King of Harts

And just as fun to dream about.
  17. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

If this is real, "Houndoomed" (a fishy pokemon name) will probably be OU. Houndoom has great stats and an evolution will make it way better. Eviolite will definetly be an item houndoom will use.
  18. cantab

cantab

Considering it evolves to Clovyr and then Shamrok, that is indeed exactly what Mr XY had in mind.
  19. The King of Harts

The King of Harts

I didn't really read it that thoroughly, so I'm sorry if it was obvious. I kinda stopped after Kenpoe and Kwandor since I loved them too much think about how cool any of the other names could've been, but end up being fake.
  20. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Which is also exactly the way it's described by "Mr. XY". Not quite as full of holes as some of the instant doubters on here suggest.
  21. shockwave527

shockwave527

Based on the reaction this "leak" is getting, I wonder if I posted a "leak" with all of my extremely-real-sounding pokemon ideas people would discuss if they want any of them to no end.
  22. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

Is 717 Whalleon our new Eevee evolution? I don't think so. Some of these names are just awful, but a Dark/Electric type would be amazing.
  23. Yveltal

Yveltal

Clearly, you haven't been keeping up with the Kardashians.

This list is so fake, even the Easter Bunny has trouble believing in it.
  24. shockwave527

shockwave527

Whale + Galleon
  25. Infernis

Infernis

That's still a pretty lame name. I mean, Whalrack sounds awesome, and Carracks are also ships that don't rhyme with Flareon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)