1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blitzlefan

blitzlefan I remember it all too well...
    is a Pre-Contributor

Is 717 Whalleon our new Eevee evolution? I don't think so. Some of these names are just awful, but a Dark/Electric type would be amazing.
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

Clearly, you haven't been keeping up with the Kardashians.

This list is so fake, even the Easter Bunny has trouble believing in it.
  3. shockwave527

shockwave527

Whale + Galleon
  4. Infernis

Infernis

That's still a pretty lame name. I mean, Whalrack sounds awesome, and Carracks are also ships that don't rhyme with Flareon.
  5. Magcargo 2

Magcargo 2 Trickster with the sweet specs
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Who knows? Maybe Gamefreak ran out of name ideas and decided to create really horrible names for the pokemon. I mean lickylicky isn't creative and niether are Tepig nor charmander as well as pokemon such as klink and sawk.
  6. b2j135

b2j135

Then again...we do have this terribly named evolution line
    hell even in Japanese their names are silly...so at this point, I'm going to have to re-evaluate this list and come back to determine if these names are plausible or not.
  7. The Diverman

The Diverman

Houndoomed is such a terrible name that I think the guy made it that terrible just to see if he can get by with it.

Also Cocojoe sounds like an old blues singer's name.
  8. shockwave527

shockwave527

Well, to be fair, Tepig is about as good as Charmander. We just don't notice it because it's been there from the beginning.
  9. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

Tepig is actually a really good portmanteau as far as any portmanteau goes; it's better than what people thought it was going to be (Pignite) because the heat word in each (Tepid -> Ignite -> Ember) creates a really nice set of names; it's implied that it starts out with a weak fire and then grows stronger as it evolves.

(I enjoy how you chose Tepig to complain about rather than Sawk or the Klink line lol)
  10. Magcargo 2

Mentor

Well, here is one thing I don't understand. How will you be able to use kyurem-w or B if the DNA splicers aren't present?
  11. cantab

cantab

I don't see why they wouldn't be present. They've let us keep accessing formes before, with the Deoxys meteors and the Rotom appliances becoming recurring features.
  12. Magcargo 2

Mentor

I guess your right. I wonder how you will be able to get this item however.
  13. Baldafor

Baldafor

When discussing what you would want a new pokemon to have, please try to be a little bit more creative. I am getting tired of seeing people suggest giving pokemon like a Ghost/Steel type Levitate when clearly a better ability would be basically anything else. Iron Fist? Huge Power? Speed Boost? Moody? You can have any ability ever, and just don't switch in against the rare Earthquake. Shuca Berry or Air Balloon if you are scared, please don't waste a good type with a common ability.

If I were to make up a pokemon with Ghost and Steel as STABs, I would probably want Adaptability as an ability, simply because they usually don't get much in the way of coverage in terms of base power, and I would want those STABs to hit as hard as possible.
  14. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

If it's anything like they past, it'll just be sitting in a pokeball somewhere and you'll get them in a pretty random and unexciting way.
  15. Yveltal

Yveltal

Are you sure? I mean, this list is so fake, it makes the world of professional wrestling look like an amateur liar.
  16. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Seems about as fake to me as when Mime Jr. and Happiny were leaked.

I mean really. Nobody can say GameFreak hasn't made horribly stupid names before.

Seel Spheal Sealeo.
  17. Dilasc

Dilasc

Technician with Gear Grind, Rock Blast and Shadow Sneak.

Personally, I think Ghost/Steel would be great as a defensive mon though better than another offensive brute... especially with STABS that don't offer incredible coverage. Defensively however...
  18. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

I won't say a better ability is anything else for a Ghost/Steel, Levitate is pretty good on just about anything and frees up the item slot for something more productive, say lefties. You could similarly apply this same logic onto anything with Levitate, say Flygon (*cough*TINTEDLENS*cough*), and say that Levitate is wasted.
  19. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Why am I so shit
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Frankly, I don't think a Ghost/Steel would get Levitate. We already have a lot of top-tier Ground-immune pokémon, I reckon Game Freak would rather make this mon Ground-weak as an incentive of sorts to using Earthquake.

Besides, giving it Levitate is so boring. I'd rather have Weak Armor.
  20. Jcpdragonx

Jcpdragonx

Was that the same guy who claimed Sylveon was a flying type?
  21. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Why am I so shit
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Nope. Whoever said that posted it anonymously and said will come back in March, after those four new designs are revealed and people believe them... They just forgot to use a tripcode, which means we will have a thousand impersonators if what they said was true. Derp.

Mr. XY said Sylveon would be a Normal-type and the only new Eeveelution. Unfortunately, the imgur gallery with his first thread's printscreens was deleted by the uploader, so we have fuck all now. Mr. XY's long-ass rumor list isn't on first page because his long-ass rumour list hasn't been disproven nor proven in anything yet; at least that anonymous dude mentioned an Eeveelution in lol January, so there's a sliver of legitimacy to their post.

EDIT-- oh, I forgot that anonymous post in 4chan isn't the original source, but apparently some forum called gameflux. So whoever posted it there used a nick or some identification of sorts, so it's probable they'll do it again if they are not full of bullshit.
  22. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

Well if Fantina can have a Ghost Gem on her Giratina-O in "The Battle of Legendary Pokémon!" Download Tournament in the PWT, then I don't see why not.

As for the DNA Splicers, I'm sure they'll be around somewhere. Or they will be DLC, who knows? I mean, look how we get the Creation Trio Orbs in Black and White.
  23. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

We'd like to see a Ghost/Steel pokemon as a defensive type. Given the myriad resistances of steel with the niche resistances of ghost, levitate would easily be the best ability for the pokemon. Not only does it entirely remove what would otherwise be a 2x weakness, it grants the pokemon an immunity to opposing hazards, which is quite nice considering it probably won't get Recover or any other healing move.

Neither Ghost nor Steel have particularly good coverage, rendering its offensive skills moot. I can only dream but to have a specially defensive ghost/steel with Shadow Ball / Will-o-Wisp / Recover / Filler.
  24. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

I agree. Not every pokemon we come up with has to be OU-material.
  25. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Fortunately, that is not true:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2247

It's in the Archive. Deglas managed to transcribe it before it got deleted. I'm working on the list of alleged new Pokémon now. Contributions to the rumour archive would be very welcome.

Also, concerning this list: Mr. XY has really raised the stakes for himself now. The first set of posts could manage to stretch its credibility, even if something not fitting his "leaks" was posted. After all, that stuff could come at a later date. Even as more and more kept piling up, not in accordance with what he posted, he could still keep the lie for a while, stating "they have pushed back the announcement date of the Pokémon I talked about, since they've decided to reveal some others instead." He could keep trolling us until mid-July or so.

However, with a full list of names, anything official would debunk or confirm what he says. One single name revealed, and his credibility would be busted, or confirmed. Perhaps he is a troll, and wanted a short and intense discussion of his stuff instead of a long-lived one. Perhaps he is legit, and posted everything he got to sound credible. Either way, once GameFreak announces something, his intentions will be pretty clear.

By the way, what did that blanked-out board on Pokémon Smash turn out to be?

EDIT: Another nail in the potential coffin for this list: It says two of the Pokémon are Flying/Fighting. No dual-typed Flying Pokémon have EVER had Flying as their primary type (save for one in the Pokéstar studios).

EDIT 2: Okay, I transcribed the entire list of "leaked" Pokémon to text, it can be seen in the link above. When writing, I noticed there were hardly ANY single-type Pokémon, and extremely few Dual types we've even had before. It seems to be made up of mostly dual-typed Pokémon with previously unseen type combinations. As I've said before, it looks awfully lot like a "competitive player's wish list", fullfilling one desire of ours after another. In other words, too good to be true. Still, if it's a fake, it's a very elaborate one we should save to remind us in the future how legit things can look while still being fake. Perhaps it'll serve as a "cold shower" when the seventh gen is announced and the rumours start spreading.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)