1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Doesn't Arcanine already have Close Combat?

Though it would be a boon. Scizor could use physical HP Electric and finally no longer be walled by Jellicent, Tentacruel, and Gyarados. Physical Landorus could use physical HP Ice to hit Dragon-types harder. This would greatly reduce the need to use the unreliable Stone Edge and the weak special Hidden Power Ice. However, it would be an even major boon for Kyurem-B, which lacks a physical STAB to work with. Although it is still weaker than even Dragon Claw, a physical Hidden Power Ice would give Kyurem-B a reliable way to hit many things hard without the need to use Outrage, such as Hippowdon, Celebi, and Ferrothorn (which is 2HKOed).
  2. cantab

cantab

My two cents is that physical already has advantages over special, like Dragon Dance and not having Blissey in the way, so special deserves its own advantages including Hidden Power.
  3. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego This is what is technically known as a Firecat
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

You know what's sad about physical hidden power? It's still stronger than any of flareon's current physical STABs
  4. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

Aww. Poor Flareon...
  5. Jean mi

Jean mi

Quiver dance is like a special dragon dance but better. Sure it's learned by few mainly stealth rock weak pokemon but it's still very good.

About the physical Blissey, GF just needs to make Alomomola evolve, not too hard :p.
  6. ZandgaiaX

ZandgaiaX

And suddenly physical hidden power has been revealed :D!
  7. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Just as a quick note, lets not be too hasty to dismiss new type combinations because they seem to "new" or "expected by the community." There is a large number of combinations GF has yet to use and it makes sense they'd incorporate a significant number of new ones for this generation.
  8. Flareon

Flareon

;A;

At least with STAB it's stronger than return...
  9. Yveltal

Yveltal

While I agree that many Pokemon as new evolutionary relatives seemed to have only been discovered by humans poking around to see what they can do to strengthen their Pokemon, I think the move-level up process isn't really something that a human would force onto a Pokemon. It feels more like the Pokemon that knows that one special move evolves to improve that technique's delivery. Lickitung evolves into a ball with features because it's evolving to perfect the art of Rollout, a teachnique that it's species has the ability to perfect.
    As for the game abstractions, that's all theming. Nothing in the world can be out of reach from children, and the story is meant to be told through the eyes of a kid. Being a child prodigy, or at least being treated like one, sort of comes with the territory when playing the games.
    I think the incenses are so funny, because you can only get an adorable fetal beast when your Pokemon are completely prepared to have a love-child when you're not looking XD.
  10. Infernis

Infernis

I doubt he'll be forced to Ubers by it, but I can only imagine it helping him. Hidden Power Electric, mentioned earlier, could help crush those water types that wall him. Hidden Power Fire because fuck you, Ferrothorn and Skarmory, plus being even better on sun teams. HP Ice can let him smash through Gliscor. Best, though? HP Ground. Smash through Heatran, Magnezone(!), Volcarona, Infernape, Ninetails... :naughty:
  11. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Don't worry Flareon, maybe in Gen 6, Gamefreak will introduce a Fire type version of Close Combat :)
    and knowing gamefreak, they probably won't give it to you either
  12. shockwave527

shockwave527

Since when?

Did I miss some confirmation of Sylveon's typing?
  13. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

No more information of sylveon has been released since its confirmation in Corocoro. I'm assuming he thinks the "Mr. Xy" 4chan rumour is real.
  14. PME

PME

Because obviously it is

Can't wait for corocoro if only to debunk his whole theory so that we can move on and discuss some REAL info
  15. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

[​IMG]

Do you even thougth of the fact that anyone can say that is a GF employee and say whathever they want? On an anonymous board like 4chan, this is very easy to do. Also, I've seen all informations that these alleged GF employees post, and they often contradict each other.

So, no. It is not obviously right. It is not obviously wrong either, but it is very likely to be wrong.
  16. Vashimus

Vashimus

His sarcasm just went right over your head.
  17. shockwave527

shockwave527

Did you read the rest of his post?

Sarcasm:
    Learn it
    Love it
    Live it
  18. The Diverman

The Diverman

Well since I think the leaks are total bs, this is what I'm thinking Corocoro will reveal: A new type! *avoids tomatoes* Just here me out. If they were going to introduce a new type, they would probably do it now since they have 3 pokemon who's types are a mystery. So yes, I'm saying that Sylveon, Xerneas, and Yveltal all could be the same type with the latter being dual types of course. I mean Xerneas and Yveltal have been out for almost 2 months now with nothing said about their types and than we get a eeveeultion with it's type hidden? It would make sense to reveal all 3 of their types now if all 3 are new types, that's what I think at least.

*Waits for the groans*
  19. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

My only legitimate gripe with adding a new type is that they would have to retool some old typing as well to bring any sort of realistic ratio to the pokedex with the new typing.

They could get away with it in Gen 2 when there wasn't a pool of 600+ Pokemon to be added to. With Gen 6 adding ~100ish new Pokemon, how many of those would realistically be the new type? 15-20 at best? So now you've got a brand new type as a main selling point for a new generation in a really old franchise, and we're looking at maybe 2-2.5% of the entire Pokedex having this new type.

Frankly I don't see them going back through the Pokedex and changing types to adapt and spread a new type more throughout the Pokedex. The logistics of the new typing concept just don't make sense to me at this point in Pokemons life.
  20. The Diverman

The Diverman

Note: I didn't want to start another new type discussion, I was actually wanting to start "What will be revealed in Corocoro?" discussion.

All I'm going to say to your response is that I don't see a problem with retyping old Pokemon and even then, I don't see why keeping a realistic ratio is a problem. Just look at how many Ghost Pokemon we have compared to Water Pokemon, I can see them adding just a few and it would be perfectly fine.
  21. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I think we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

As for corocoro, I'm expecting Sylveons type to be revealed at the very least. Maybe a couple other new pokes and/or a first look at a new mechanic of some sort if we're lucky. I don't expect much though tbh. They've still got a lot of time left to trickle tiny bits of info to keep everyone on the hook.
  22. PME

PME

Show Hide

Apparently my sarcasm needs work -_-

EDIT: Ninja'd
  23. Zowayix

Zowayix

Am I the only one expecting a somewhat lame reveal? Something the obligatory early game bird, rodent, and/or bug, and nothing else.

They still need to spread the information out over 7 more issues.
  24. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Gen 2: 6/251 Pokemon were Dark type (2.4%), 1/6 Dark types was related to an old Pokemon, 6/251 Pokemon were Steel type (2.4%), 2/6 Steel types were retyped old Pokemon, 2/6 Steel types were related to old Pokemon.

Funny how that is...
  25. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

They've already shown the starters and main legendaries as well as the (supposed) mascot, but they haven't shown the exclusives and the gimmicks. So I'm assuming we'll get at least ninfia/sylveon's type, and likely some more screenshots, as well as perhaps a new mechanic or a bit of the storyline. Maybe some art showing some new item the characters are using. Unless that's held until later on. I'm new to this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)