1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

You know what typing we really need?

Normal/Fire. I mean, we already have a Normal/Grass AND a Normal/Water, I'm just waiting for a Normal/Fire to complete the triangle.
  2. keys2tkingdom

keys2tkingdom

Okay, I will concede that giving us all 10 remaining Eeveelutions in one gen IS being greedy - but at least they could give us TWO Eeveelutions.
  3. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

A Physical version of Hidden Power. Kinda surprised they haven't done that already...
  4. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

Physical HP Flying for Gyarados instead of Bounce? I wonder if people would actually use that. I think the concept is great regardless. Physical HP Ground for Arcanine? Yes plz
  5. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

Consider that speculation that Eevee's only evolve into a former 'special' type and we are only missing a Dragon Eeveelution, something which is probably unlikely (though I do not know why they wouldn't do it... its not like they haven't made weak dragons recently <eww just imagine how bad a baton passing Dragon Dance Eevee would be>), you should be happy we are even getting a Normal evolution.

I actually like Wastenaut and Garbarge. Consider that Wastenaut is a pun AND probably references an origin nautical. THEN it evolves and plays off of its nautical meaning in Garbarge!

Consider that a barge, while a naval vessel, is more likely to be land wreckage when it is is trash, a common theme of the Grimer/Trubbish line is trash coming to life, and its really easy to see how a former naval vessel now awash and wrecked ashore is a poison steel poke...

I'm calling Garbarge to be at least UU material! I want it!

I'll be honest though, I can't find out who is this gen's Mew/Victini...

Xerenes being Psychic Rock is weird and probably going to kill it competitively.

Dark/Electric legendary trinity? No perceived 3rd mascot? Hmm. Buson?

Sabullion is clearly meant to be a Saybeleye evo... A claydol evo, Eyedol? Why is it so early in the line? Maybe prevo?

If Yvetal is really ghost flying... I must get Y.

If this is true, which for all intents and purposes I am NOT going to forget about the Gen V leaks, this shows a pretty diverse zone filled with many old pokes and a few new ones. The cool thing about baby Syther/Pinser/Heracross is that we get them earlier in game.

Also pretty sad that Pinsir doesn't evolve :(
  6. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Gen 3 says hi. They could just change the current hp mechanics to allow you to choose whether you want it to be physical or special.
  7. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

I guess that's not a bad idea either.

If they do make a Physical Hidden Power in Gen 6, I reckon we will eventually see the last of Scizor in OU...Just saying.
  8. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

In response to your first concern, it was earlier speculated that because of the 3DS' online capabilities, not all the Pokémon need to be in the game at launch. Event legendaries could simply be released for download when the time comes (this way, the hack-happy fans would be less likely to spoil the surprise too).

Second, the "leak" supposedly contains a Pinsir evolution (#672 Scimincer, pure Bug). So if it is legit, Pinsir will indeed evolve. And even if it isn't, there's no saying we won't have a Pinsir evolution anyway.
  9. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego Living in a world gone plastic
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

I'm actually afraid that MrXY built his whole speculations on one true fact; the pinsir/herracross prevolutions. What if everything of his is faked except for these two pokemon--they get revealed on the 15th, and suddenly everything he says is true? Who knows where or how he got that information, at any rate. I'm really not looking forward to have Oregan the music ox in my pokemon.
  10. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Doesn't Arcanine already have Close Combat?

Though it would be a boon. Scizor could use physical HP Electric and finally no longer be walled by Jellicent, Tentacruel, and Gyarados. Physical Landorus could use physical HP Ice to hit Dragon-types harder. This would greatly reduce the need to use the unreliable Stone Edge and the weak special Hidden Power Ice. However, it would be an even major boon for Kyurem-B, which lacks a physical STAB to work with. Although it is still weaker than even Dragon Claw, a physical Hidden Power Ice would give Kyurem-B a reliable way to hit many things hard without the need to use Outrage, such as Hippowdon, Celebi, and Ferrothorn (which is 2HKOed).
  11. cantab

cantab

My two cents is that physical already has advantages over special, like Dragon Dance and not having Blissey in the way, so special deserves its own advantages including Hidden Power.
  12. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego Living in a world gone plastic
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

You know what's sad about physical hidden power? It's still stronger than any of flareon's current physical STABs
  13. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

Aww. Poor Flareon...
  14. Jean mi

Jean mi

Quiver dance is like a special dragon dance but better. Sure it's learned by few mainly stealth rock weak pokemon but it's still very good.

About the physical Blissey, GF just needs to make Alomomola evolve, not too hard :p.
  15. ZandgaiaX

ZandgaiaX

And suddenly physical hidden power has been revealed :D!
  16. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Just as a quick note, lets not be too hasty to dismiss new type combinations because they seem to "new" or "expected by the community." There is a large number of combinations GF has yet to use and it makes sense they'd incorporate a significant number of new ones for this generation.
  17. Flareon

Flareon

;A;

At least with STAB it's stronger than return...
  18. Yveltal

Yveltal

While I agree that many Pokemon as new evolutionary relatives seemed to have only been discovered by humans poking around to see what they can do to strengthen their Pokemon, I think the move-level up process isn't really something that a human would force onto a Pokemon. It feels more like the Pokemon that knows that one special move evolves to improve that technique's delivery. Lickitung evolves into a ball with features because it's evolving to perfect the art of Rollout, a teachnique that it's species has the ability to perfect.
    As for the game abstractions, that's all theming. Nothing in the world can be out of reach from children, and the story is meant to be told through the eyes of a kid. Being a child prodigy, or at least being treated like one, sort of comes with the territory when playing the games.
    I think the incenses are so funny, because you can only get an adorable fetal beast when your Pokemon are completely prepared to have a love-child when you're not looking XD.
  19. Infernis

Infernis

I doubt he'll be forced to Ubers by it, but I can only imagine it helping him. Hidden Power Electric, mentioned earlier, could help crush those water types that wall him. Hidden Power Fire because fuck you, Ferrothorn and Skarmory, plus being even better on sun teams. HP Ice can let him smash through Gliscor. Best, though? HP Ground. Smash through Heatran, Magnezone(!), Volcarona, Infernape, Ninetails... :naughty:
  20. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Don't worry Flareon, maybe in Gen 6, Gamefreak will introduce a Fire type version of Close Combat :)
    and knowing gamefreak, they probably won't give it to you either
  21. shockwave527

shockwave527

Since when?

Did I miss some confirmation of Sylveon's typing?
  22. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

No more information of sylveon has been released since its confirmation in Corocoro. I'm assuming he thinks the "Mr. Xy" 4chan rumour is real.
  23. PME

PME

Because obviously it is

Can't wait for corocoro if only to debunk his whole theory so that we can move on and discuss some REAL info
  24. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

[​IMG]

Do you even thougth of the fact that anyone can say that is a GF employee and say whathever they want? On an anonymous board like 4chan, this is very easy to do. Also, I've seen all informations that these alleged GF employees post, and they often contradict each other.

So, no. It is not obviously right. It is not obviously wrong either, but it is very likely to be wrong.
  25. Vashimus

Vashimus

His sarcasm just went right over your head.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)