1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockwave527

shockwave527

Did you read the rest of his post?

Sarcasm:
    Learn it
    Love it
    Live it
  2. The Diverman

The Diverman

Well since I think the leaks are total bs, this is what I'm thinking Corocoro will reveal: A new type! *avoids tomatoes* Just here me out. If they were going to introduce a new type, they would probably do it now since they have 3 pokemon who's types are a mystery. So yes, I'm saying that Sylveon, Xerneas, and Yveltal all could be the same type with the latter being dual types of course. I mean Xerneas and Yveltal have been out for almost 2 months now with nothing said about their types and than we get a eeveeultion with it's type hidden? It would make sense to reveal all 3 of their types now if all 3 are new types, that's what I think at least.

*Waits for the groans*
  3. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

My only legitimate gripe with adding a new type is that they would have to retool some old typing as well to bring any sort of realistic ratio to the pokedex with the new typing.

They could get away with it in Gen 2 when there wasn't a pool of 600+ Pokemon to be added to. With Gen 6 adding ~100ish new Pokemon, how many of those would realistically be the new type? 15-20 at best? So now you've got a brand new type as a main selling point for a new generation in a really old franchise, and we're looking at maybe 2-2.5% of the entire Pokedex having this new type.

Frankly I don't see them going back through the Pokedex and changing types to adapt and spread a new type more throughout the Pokedex. The logistics of the new typing concept just don't make sense to me at this point in Pokemons life.
  4. The Diverman

The Diverman

Note: I didn't want to start another new type discussion, I was actually wanting to start "What will be revealed in Corocoro?" discussion.

All I'm going to say to your response is that I don't see a problem with retyping old Pokemon and even then, I don't see why keeping a realistic ratio is a problem. Just look at how many Ghost Pokemon we have compared to Water Pokemon, I can see them adding just a few and it would be perfectly fine.
  5. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I think we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

As for corocoro, I'm expecting Sylveons type to be revealed at the very least. Maybe a couple other new pokes and/or a first look at a new mechanic of some sort if we're lucky. I don't expect much though tbh. They've still got a lot of time left to trickle tiny bits of info to keep everyone on the hook.
  6. PME

PME

Show Hide

Apparently my sarcasm needs work -_-

EDIT: Ninja'd
  7. Zowayix

Zowayix

Am I the only one expecting a somewhat lame reveal? Something the obligatory early game bird, rodent, and/or bug, and nothing else.

They still need to spread the information out over 7 more issues.
  8. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

Gen 2: 6/251 Pokemon were Dark type (2.4%), 1/6 Dark types was related to an old Pokemon, 6/251 Pokemon were Steel type (2.4%), 2/6 Steel types were retyped old Pokemon, 2/6 Steel types were related to old Pokemon.

Funny how that is...
  9. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

They've already shown the starters and main legendaries as well as the (supposed) mascot, but they haven't shown the exclusives and the gimmicks. So I'm assuming we'll get at least ninfia/sylveon's type, and likely some more screenshots, as well as perhaps a new mechanic or a bit of the storyline. Maybe some art showing some new item the characters are using. Unless that's held until later on. I'm new to this.
  10. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

It was pretty obvious back then given the success of the franchise at the timethat they would have time to keep growing these young ideas riding off the initial success of gen 1 and the hype of main sequels. Especially given how much we know about pokemon designs for future gens being done generations before they were even released.

Personally I don't feel like the franchise has another 3-4 gens of success left in it.
  11. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You are really pumping out the praise for something that really isn't that amazing of a leak. Many people have concocted lists like this, as you say, but even the presentation of it is tired.
    "Oh here's some stuff from memory!" *"vague" descriptions and types that literally every leak does ever.* (Seriously so many of these have the same tone to them I have to think its intentional)
    "Oh hey my correspondent has more stuff ;D" *full list of his ideas*

Cactowl dude, several sets of rumors from the BW1 days, the various rumors from just before the XY reveal (DIGITAL TYPE. POKEMON RAINBOW. ETC). And so on. All these rumors had varying level of detail & extensiveness to them, like this one does and the fandom will talk about them because they're starved for information; that's less his doing and more the natural course of things.
  12. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

I think at some point (which me may already have passed) it will become so repetitive that the original fans of the series begin to lose interest entirely, opting to quit when they still have fun and unspoilt memories of the franchise.

However, while that indeed happens, every generation serves to drag in new fans to the series. Those fans will stick around for a generation or two, before they eventually outgrow it. But by the time they quit, new ones come to take their place, and so on.

Consider the great American comic book heritage, for instance. The characters are 70+ years old, yet still attract new fans. Those who read the originals might think the direction the franchise has taken and the choices done by the executives have completely screwed the entire spirit of the series, while younger readers are unable to identify with the original series their grandparents loved. Either way, the franchise survives and is popular. Pokémon may still have decades ahead of it before discontinuation - even though that might mean a gritty reboot now and then.
  13. Dilasc

Dilasc

Gotta agree with R_N, this Fakedex is nothing cool. I've made fakemon with Fakedexes... hell... I'll sound insane, but I've made 4, and cm currently on my fifth. I could post one like it were some sort of new leak if I wanted to be a douche... but I don't.

I mean, I have all sorts of fun things like a Muay Thai dragon, a Thick Fat Ground/Flying Pig... with wings (when Pigs fly) and I can guaruntee I've found a way to make every unused type combination into a feasible creature of some sort... and that was based on Gen 4 stats.

Still, I won't try and claim that they're a leak... that's my point. This whole leak getting a lot of attention is cramping the flow... or some jive like that.
  14. cantab

cantab

Not to mention Gold and Silver had only one Dark type available before the Elite Four.

And of course the ratios could be rebalanced in later gens. Ruby and Sapphire quadrupled the number of fully-evolved dragon-types, and that was a type present from day one.
  15. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I get the coming and going of new and old players. I'm an original player that started playing when I got Blue for christmas when I was in like 6th grade and I still play today, and I still think the games have been great all the way through. Overall though, sales wise, the series isn't climbing anymore. It's kind of peaked and it's just riding it out. The numbers aren't bad by any means but generally in situations like this in gaming you don't get another large spurt of growth. I don't think the game is ever going to be larger than it's been before, and eventually it's just going to fade out. It's inevitable of practically any game franchise or long standing 'thing' in general.
  16. Magcargo 2

Magcargo 2
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

If that info the 4chan guy gave us is true, then the pre-evos of pinsir and heracross should be revealed march 15 on croconno.
  17. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

If they aren't, then his whole theory will just come tumbling down.
  18. Rayquaza_

Rayquaza_

There's a reason Pokemon is aimed to pre-teens for the most part.
    There is always new blood flowing in so this franchise is 100% self-sustaining regardless of how many ex-fans walk away from it.
    Pokemon will essentially become the Japanese equivalent of Disney as long as they have no competition.
  19. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Disney has had completely different generations of popular franchises over the years as well. The stuff making Disney money right now didn't even exist when I was a kid. I get your point but Disney wasn't necessarily the greatest analogy.
  20. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I bet there are going to be so many fake scans based on this
    Are you excited
    I'm excited
  21. Magistrum

Magistrum Admiral Cawmodore ᕙ(◕`‸´◕;)ᕗ
    is an Artist

As much as I'd like to believe what Mr. XY has posted, I just can't. 'Houndoomed' is just WTF he could've at least made an effort to make it Houndread or Houndeath or something. And LOL over cocojoe. No, that list is not happening.
  22. Infernis

Infernis

Frankly, I'd be pumped as hell to play a new Pokemon version with my children in 3-4 generations' time, assuming that they each take 3-4 years to make. (When I've had children and they're old enough to figure stuff out.) Using my rad old Scizor and Quagsire is possibly co-operative games, maybe. So there's possibly that bump. And you never know, augmented reality or holograms bringing it 'to life' could prove even more wildly popular. Expanded multiplayer could be incredible.

It's strange to say 'situations like this in gaming'. There never has been a situation like this in gaming. When's the last time there was a 17-year-old franchise that has consistently put out the most popular games on its primary console, has a very popular anime, thirty-something manga series, merchandise out the wazoo... and fans clamoring for remakes of older games so that they can play them again. Sure isn't Medal of Honor, by any measure.
  23. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Omg Scizor with physical Hidden Power would be so fun and so broken! Imagine Scizor with any type of physical move it wants with 90 BP (60 BP + 30 BP from Technician). Good look countering this fucker Skarmory and Jellicent, as CB HP Electric easily 2HKOes both of you without SR, while any Gyarados variant and Tentacruel are OHKOed after SR as well...
  24. Yveltal

Yveltal

Has anybody spoken about this?
    [​IMG]

Kaenchu was stated to be able to use techniques similar to a hydrogen bomb's explosive power when the japanese were fussing over its legitimacy.

Before wondering whether or not Game Freak would ever do anything more for Pikachu that doesn't concern a new item or egg move, does Pikachu deserve a branched evolution?
  25. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego The little hand says it's time to rock and roll
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Well, electric-fire pikachu looks pretty cool, and some of the fan art is sweet, but I can't get over that thing's stoned look.

At any rate, a branch evolution for pikachu is definitely something I'd want to see. It could have the chance to make pikachu actually usable, perhaps physical instead of special, similar to gallade. Iirc gallade/gardevoir is the only family to have 4 different pokemon in the same "line".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)