1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magcargo 2

Magcargo 2 Trickster with the sweet specs
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Well, I'm pretty sure those two evolutions will be extremely similar to scizor. If that is the case, they will both lose a lot of speed in exchange for attack and other stats.
  2. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Why am I so shit
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Scyther evolved, Pinsir didn't (and they were originally counterparts). Electabuzz, Magmar and Jynx got pre-evos, Mr. Mime didn't. Mr. Mime got a pre-evo, Electabuzz and Magmar got evos and Jynx didn't. Dusclops evolved and Banette didn't. Dustox got a good DW ability, Beautifly didn't (lol Rivalry). Seadra evolved, Seaking didn't.

And many other discrepancies.

Really, people, stop. Game Freak isn't legally bound to do anything. Those so-called patterns someone always come up with only to sustain their arguments don't exist or are simply irrelevant. If Pinsir got a 550 BST evolution and Heracross didn't, not only it wouldn't be unheard of, as it would be largely irrelevant; hell, if Pinsir evo was pure-Bug, it would maybe still be outclassed by Heracross.
  3. shytende

shytende

Well, BST isn't the most important thing to determine a Pokemon's Power, Or Scizor and Scyther, Heracross and Pinsir would be in the same tier...
    If they just decide to give it +10 in every stas except SpA, it still won't be Uber.
    Even that 580 BST did't looked broken...
    Though, an evolution Similar to Scizor, with an added fight type would be pretty scary...
  4. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The thing that surprises me is that both got pre-evos BUT only Pinsir got the evo.

Obviously there's nothing stopping them from doing that but why. Did they finally look at Pinsir & Heracross and go "YOu know maybe this wasn't entirely fair, let's let Pinsir evolve to catch up"
  5. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

I've actually thougth that Scizor could gain an evolution with its Bug-type replaced with something else. I thougth that it would be cool for Scyther totally losing its typing until the third evolution, but this Scizor evolution could have a higher BST.

Though thinking better, this could have an impact since Scizor would be compatible with Eviotile. I think now, there are a lot of Pokémon that could gain evolution but they would have incredible defenses with Eviotile, such as Starmie (do you believe that a 252 HP / 252 Def Starmie with Eviotile would have almost as much physical bulk as Skarmory?)
  6. Green

Green

Was a Scyther pre-evo mentioned in any of the "leaks"?
  7. Vashimus

Vashimus

Well excuse me princess. Damn and crucify me for speculating.

Even with the discrepancies, you know just as little about the game as the rest of us, so any speculation is fair game. You can just choose whether to accept it or not.

Similar stats, movepool, same base stat total, version exclusives for Black 2 and White 2, same DW ability, both are based on beetles, they're obviously counterparts. You're telling me they're both going to get prevos yet only Pinsir gets the evo? Heracross' fighting subtype sets it and Pinsir eons apart, but they're still obviously counterparts. The only ones you listed that are even remotely counterparts are the Electabuzz and Magmar families, since it's been implied throughout the generations. Version exclusives, similar abilities, both receive Prevo and evolutions in the same generations, and the way you evolve them are practically the same. Jynx and Mr. Mime have nothing to do with them. Unless all humanoid Gen 1 Pokes are lumped together?
  8. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

One thing I want to see is the actual Pokémon fainting, rather than just sink into the ground. Come on gamefreak, why couldn't they do that by 5th gen?
  9. R_N

R_N

Probably a sprite work/flow of battle thing.

But since these are 3d models, and every 3d game has had faint animations, I'm sure this will happen.
  10. Vashimus

Vashimus

I don't want it like Battle Revolution though where you attack and it kills their Poke, but they shake off the attack and get back into position, and THEN they faint. They did it better in the older ones where it skipped straight to the faint animation after they got hit if it was a killing blow.
  11. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Nope. There was an obvious trend with jynx electabuzz and magmar. Not today, but originally. All three got preevolutions in g/s/c. This in some ways shows some sort of connection due to the fact that they are the few pokemon to get pre evolutions in gen 2.
    Igglybuff/Cleffa are counterparts and their species always have been. Tyrouge brought two counterparts into one species. Pichu was the required baby form of their mascot. Of everything, the only place smoochum belongs is alongside electkid and magby, as it 1. has no other reasons why it would be there (there are other things that needed baby evos *glares at kanghaskhan, onix*)
    and 2. Why would something so inaccessable (in r/b/y, its only obtainable through in-game trade) even be of much importance to get a preevolution unless it had some connections?
    My guess is they were going to give it a far more beautiful evolution in gen 4, but switched out for either rhyperior or frosslass because they couldn't think of a way to fit it in with the others. So, perhaps it will become paired with another pokemon such as mr.mime this gen. Or maybe mr.mime and sudowoodo.
  12. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

13. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

More like... Henteon! :P

Sweet dreams...
  14. Spirit

Spirit

I thought sylveon was about for fly for a minute there. Makes me thing it's probably a flying type.
  15. shytende

shytende

Well, Gen V was fairly lacking in pokemon that can be Rule 34'd...

Though, it looks better with its eyes closed
  16. Katakiri

is a Pokemon Researcher

Well it depends on exactly how much control it has over those ribbons.

[​IMG]

Show Hide
    So this pic wasn't as far off as I originally thought since the ribbons aren't cosmetic.
    [​IMG]
  17. cantab

cantab

In hindsight Sylveon has to have some control over its ribbons, if they were just passively hanging down it would trip on them all the time!
  18. Sharkopath

Sharkopath

What animals haven't been made into Pokémon yet? I'm hoping for:
    Bombardier beetle, Bug/Fire
    Cone snail, Poison/Psychic
    Guitarfish, Water/Electric
    Mimic octopus, Water/--- (second type preferably ghost, dark, or psychic)
    Narwhal or Orca, Ice/Fighting
    Pistol shrimp, Water/Fire
    Thorny dragon, Dragon/Grass or Rock
    Water Bear, Bug/Water
    Vinegaroon, Bug/Dark

and a Cordyceps fungi, Dark/Psychic.

New animal representations and new type combinations would be great.
  19. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego Currently experiencing a serious case of Dance Kittens
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Well, I guess that trailer explains how genesect can fly. I remember hearing something about the title being "extreme speed genesect"...is this true? Could there possibly be some kind of even genesect getting released? It looked like one of the genesect was faster than the others, but at the same time surrounded by flames. Could this be either extremespeed or flame charge? Then again, it's not unlike pokemon to completely change what moves are like for the anime.
  20. Green

Green

[youtube]MeFEAA4JvaM[/youtube]

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE TRUE MEWTWO YET
  21. LucaroarkZ

LucaroarkZ

By the very definition of Rule 34 (and by extension, Rule 35), everything can and will be Rule 34'd. No exceptions!

Also, Katakiri, those pics are absolutely hilarious.

---

Anyway, I'm just about done with the Sylveon discussion, so I'm just going to say that for X/Y, I want to see a larger addition of Ghost-types, and not just for competitive. I've been inactive over the past few weeks so I'm not sure if this was already brought up, so I apologize if it has been. Ghost is the least common type with only 27 Pokemon, and very few of them are any good. I'd just like to see more good Ghost-types; not just for more spinblockers in competitive, but I'd also like to see a good in-game Ghost that doesn't require trading to be fully evolved. We really don't have many good in-game Ghosts, and I'd like to see that changed. Not expecting it to happen, but it would be nice.
  22. R_N

R_N

Well at the very least this debunks the latest rumor that fully detailed the next corocoro.

So that's one down.
  23. Katakiri

is a Pokemon Researcher

Not to make a fuss but I noticed something odd.

[​IMG]

There's a Sableye is Ash's pose.
    This wouldn't mean much normally, just a Pokemon he might catch between now & the movie release, but its a Pokemon not found in Unova in BW2 (It was post-game BW1) and it pairs up with another Pokemon he got: Aipom. Aipom was a Pokemon not found in the region they were traveling (and very late at that, having almost no battling skill compared to his team of powerhouses) and he caught is almost 4 months before Gen 4 was released and before we even knew about Ambipom.

The Genesect movie is confirmed that it will tie in with the current anime plot, so unless a wild Sableye is super-important to the plot of this movie, it is with the group.

It could mean nothing so take this with a grain of salt but it's likely that Sableye might just be there to evolve later on in Gen 6 like Aipom did in Gen 4. Even their BSTs are very close to each other (and both equally horrible with 360 & 380 each.)
  24. Spirit

Spirit

I'm guessing the movie is going to have an event mon. A shiny genesect with extremespeed seems like the possible fit. Knowing GF it's probably going to be nature locked. -.- ES would be a great addition to the CB set.

Edit: @above nice catch. =o Sableye would be such a menace in LC and an evo would probably be amazing in ou(if it retains prankster).

+20 HP +30 ATK +11 Def +20 SpA +11 SpD +30 Spe This is how much aipom gained when evolving into ambipom, now if we apply those stats to sableye...

Its stats would be 70 HP / 105 Atk / 86 Def / 85 SpA / 76 SpD / 80 Spe

Not bad... This is just assuming there's a direct correlation. =P
  25. R_N

R_N

Yeah Sableye was brought up when the calendar (?) version of that poster was in a magazine.

It'd be odd to suddenly give him a Sabeleye for NOW since he didn't even catch an old Pokemon for BW Season 2, so it being the new Aipom isn't out of the question.

e: Serebii caught this
    Kind of a random Pokemon to make important here
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)