1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Am i the only one who think mewtwo will have yet another signature move?
  2. Lork

Lork

MEWTWO EVOLUTION
  3. PME

PME

Under what pretense do people think that Sableye is going to be part of the main group's party? There has yet to be ANY movie that introduces a Pokemon with even MINOR plot importance and suddenly join Ash on his main Anime adventure. It's already been confirmed that Sableye will "befriend" them during the movie (*cough*Lucario *cough* Keldeo *cough* Jirachi). Now Sableye getting an evolution because it's in the movie? Sure, I can believe that. Do I want one? Not particularly.

Now on to Mewtwo. It feels like he got thrown in this movie as fast as he came flying to protect Ash and co. I like Cobraroll's idea of Mewtwo's possible new sig. move of Quick Guard. That's fine I guess.

Sylveon. Am I the only one who didn't think anything "rule 34" related about its ribbons? Was I one of the few who just simply stated out loud that "Oh, it can move its ribbons at will. And wow, those fangs are really out there"?

I haven't posted in a while, I needed to unload, sorry.

EDIT: When I saw Sylveon moving those things, it made remember this:
    Show Hide
    that was posted a while ago.
  4. Yveltal

Yveltal

He flies away from his problems, and into your heart!

What's the off-chance that this is a Mewtwo created by Team Plasma? It's no too hard to believe that the scientists scavenged for notes on recreating Pokemon as new OP variations of themselves and practiced by making a Mewtwo. One with it's hidden ability. Sorry, Genesect, but that berry you were gonna eat so villainously isn't going anywhere.
    What motive does Genesect have for busting up NewTorque City?
  5. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Mewtwo is a clone of mew and a secret project made by team rocket. How would team plasma make another one and why, when they already have 5 genesects?
  6. PME

PME

I thought we were allowed to discuss speculations, I guess I was wrong :/
  7. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

I am speculating too.
  8. Yveltal

Yveltal

Your counterargument is fair enough.
    My theory is that this Mewtwo could have been their first science project when they were looking to play Professor X by giving a bunch of giant roaches adamantium armor and the ability to transform into a flying...tank...Prius thing. Their experiments would have created a full party of 6 genetically modified Pokemon.
  9. GeeZee

GeeZee

By the way, it wouldn't surprise me if the move Mewtwo used is a new, Psychic-type priority move. Or it could be he just used Protect...
  10. Green

Green

Quick Guard?

"The user and its party members are protected from attacks with original priority greater than 0 made by other Pokemon"

If you consider Mewtwo the user, and Ash and friends the party, then Quick Guard would protect them all from Extremespeed.
  11. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Mewtwo has also been able to use protect without it being specifically called that. That's probably all this is.
  12. cantab

cantab

I overlooked it before, but this one we already have in the form of Paras and Parasect.

As for Skarmory evo: replace the multiple wings with a single pair of delta wings, reduce the legs, lengthen the neck and streamline the head, and you end up with something reminiscent of a fighter jet.
  13. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Game freak aren't exactly against basing more than one Pokemon off a single animal or plant - see monkeys, moths, frogs etc
  14. cantab

cantab

True, but monkeys, moths, and frogs are pretty general categories, there's lots of reasonably well-known examples of each. Cordyceps fungi, though there are lots of species of them, seems rather more specific, an example of the general 'mushroom' category of which we do have a fair few. We might see another moth and another mushroom, but I don't think we'll see another atlas moth or another cordyceps.
  15. PME

PME

So Corocoro leaked around the 11th last month... is it too much to ask for if I want it leaked tomorrow? :(

The more I think about "gyro-scope" puzzles the more I think GF is gonna make them. I know, I mentioned this before, I just really think so.
  16. lockon

lockon

Mewtwo's alternate forme? ;-o
  17. Preved Medved

Preved Medved

like this?
    [​IMG]
  18. cantab

cantab

It would probably end up with some similarities to the Latis, yes.
  19. Magistrum

Magistrum Admiral Cawmodore ᕙ(◕`‸´◕;)ᕗ
    is an Artist

That video made almost made me believe that sylveon is flying type. Almost. The flowing ribbons, the eyes, and the overall atmosphere.

Also I hope Mewtwo won't go down on this the way Lucario did in his movie. Lucario's end is awesome and all, but I don't wanna see Mewtwo do that again. And don't get me started about Latios...

@PME we all want those leaks, you're not alone :)
  20. clapyourhands

clapyourhands

Considering Mewtwo is in the new movie, does anyone see it returning in Super Smash Bros 4? It doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, since it's only competition is Lucario and Zoroak, the latter of which would most likely be a pain to implement due to its signature powers.

Also, like many others have mentioned, its reappearance make me think it will get a new signature move, or form, or even item.
  21. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

I'd really like for Lucario to stay in (I really loved this thing in Brawl), but if they made some differences between Mewtwo and Lucario (what's gonna be released!!!???) then it'd be pretty great.
  22. Tetz23

Tetz23

Yes, Lucario in Brawl was beast. I just hope they make Riolu available in the wild and that early in the game, same as in BW2.
  23. Xenol

Xenol

What I would like for Gamefreak to do is to expand on some stuff they introduced into Pokewood that could be epic for plot purposes.

For example, getting to pick your lines to respond in the middle of battle. Or scripted battles with different outcomes such as defeating the enemy within 10 turns gets outcome A while getting outcome B when defeating them more than 10 turns. This will add a breath of life to the main plot, maybe we could even get to change the plot slightly? Like redeeming the villain or maybe alternate endings.
  24. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Um. Of course you can speculate. But huh, you talked as if they had to evolve Hera to evolve Pinsir, and surprise: they don't. That was the point of my post. As the OP states, speculation is fine as long as it's reasonable; as this is an forum open for discussion, if I find your speculation to be baseless, absurd, illogical or simply "unreasonable", I'm free to refute it, as I did.

There is zero reason to evolve Heracross only because they want to evolve Pinsir. Back in RBY, Scyther and Pinsir were counterparts, and yet they evolved one but not the other, which then became Heracross's counterpart. Banette needed an evolution a lot more than Dusclops, and lo an behold... Dusknoir. Dustox got the amazing Compoundeyes while Beautifly got the shittastic Rivalry (...do you seriously don't see them as counterparts?). Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar formed a very clear trio and all three got pre-evos in GSC; however, Mr. Mime, a Psychic, more masculine, physically frail and with almost identical BST, didn't get it; Jynx-Mr.Mime isn't a really obvious duo, I admit, but it can be argued for (and that's what I'm doing here). Even if you disagree, they still didn't evolve Jynx even though they did so with the other two members of the original trio, in DPPt.

So yeah. They totally can give them both pre-evos and only evolve one of them. They have never specifically done that in the same generation, but they've shown many times they don't care about ~counterparts~. They will evolve or pre-evolve anything they see fit, anything they find a new design for, anything they "need" to pre-evolve for whatever reason. So yes, Pinsir could evolve but not Heracross. They never were on par competitively, in-game and "anything else"-wise, so they don't have to be now.

Yes, yes you can. But SuperSmashBrawl didn't agree with you, found your speculation "wrong" (if you will) for whatever reason and posted his argument as to why it didn't make sense. That is perfectly fine. Just because it's ~speculation~, it doesn't make it immune to scrutinizing.
  25. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Has anyone though about a pre-evo link to Throh and Sawk? Theyre basically like the hitmons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)