1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  2. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

God, I love the adorable Ernie and Bert thing that we Americans have going for Throh and Sawk. I hope Game Freak has picked up on it.

Also, possible third evolution branch for the Sawkthroh-prevo? :3 Maybe yellow, and call it Keek. (prevo could be Pawnch or something)
  3. Dia

Dia

I'd be willing to accept Game Freak as a video game company instead of a bunch of trolls if they make alternative endings.
  4. shockwave527

shockwave527

I think it'd be kind of a waste on a main series game. I get that people play for different reasons (to catch 'em all, just to play the game, to beat the champion, to explore, to play competitively), but does anyone REALLY play for the story? In a main-series pokemon game?
  5. cantab

cantab

Emerald's story was standout in my view.

But I concur that I don't see the Pokemon games as particularly needing extra endings. The kid-friendly nature leaves little opportunity for dark bad endings, and the ultimate goal has always been the same: beat the Champion. Add in that battles are basically sporting contests, so if you lose to the Champion you don't get a different ending because it's not the end, you can train up and have a rematch.
  6. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Alternate endings only really make sense for games that encourage multiple playthroughs
    Despite the fandom's like of restarting for challenge runs, the games always gave the feeling of play once and forever on that save file.
  7. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Well, I actually enjoy the story and the dialogue. Not for phillosophical purposes like some rpg lovers, but just because it's enjoyable to go through a nice, lighthearted story in times when so many games have to be "serious". Come on, don't tell me you didn't laugh at least once throughout the entire b2w2 storyline? Or wanted at least one of the plotlines to have ended differently? I think alternate endings would be nice, so players could have "their ending". Actually, what does everyone thing the best ending for them would be?
  8. Virtuous Vice

Virtuous Vice

I honestly can't wait to see these games and I really want there to be a light type. That would be so cool. Think about it, another way to rid the feild of dragons? Or something of the sort.
  9. cantab

cantab

Dunno about laughing, but I certainly went "WTF" when I realised Colress was male.
  10. shockwave527

shockwave527

I do enjoy the storyline. I liked BW and RSE, but again, I don't play it for the storyline. I like a story that takes a slight backseat to my adventure but is still there. I don't want any choices I make or ways I choose to battle to effect what happens in the game for a Main Series Pokemon.
  11. Yveltal

Yveltal

Give me a new primitive attribute that became outdated and an extinct type long before Gen 1. Primal/Wild/Relic-type.
  12. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

I wouldn't say there is very much evidence of Magmar/Electabuzz/Jynx being a trio. The only evidence is that they all got prevos in Gen 2. Gen 1 saw Magmar and Electabuzz as version exclusives and thus a duo; Jynx was not found in the wild whatsoever. Jynx is also the only dual type of the three, while other duos/trio tend to have the same number of typings (Clefairy/Jigglypuff, Arcanine/Ninetails, Gorebyss/Huntail, Beautifly/Dustox, Butterfree/Beedrill, Zangoose/Seviper, etc). There are exceptions but the point stands.

As for Jynx/Mr.Mime, I don't see where that idea stems from. Maybe because they can breed? Or maybe because Jynx is only female while we in America assume Mr. Mime is only male due to its dubbed name? I don't believe the original Japanese ascribes a specific gender to Mr. Mime in its name.

My point is, GF makes clear what they consider duos/trios, all else is up for debate. We KNOW Volbeat and Illumise are a duo. We KNOW Zangoose and Seviper are a duo. Rampardos and Bastiodon are another example. So unless we have clear evidence, claiming that something will or won't happen based on perceived or imagined patterns isn't great reasoning to support something.
  13. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

Personally, something I would like to see a monster based on would be
    This, (open)
    [​IMG]
    a bioluminescent mushroom. Its type could be Grass/Electric; not that that's how it works but it fits stylistically, at least IMO. I'm also not sure about the merits of that type combination, but we have Rotom-M as a standard to judge that. Another interesting type combo for it could be Grass/Ghost as the green glow looks eerie and is the color used for ectoplasm in other fictional works. Perhaps a split Amoongus evo...
  14. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Sounds good in concept, but rock pretty much covers all those, apart from wild, and every pokemon not in a pokeball is wild.
  15. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

Maybe have a savage ability that would prevent orders from being followed. The pokemon would be disagreeable until you have a close bond with it and effectively counter its ability. It would explain what they meant by bonds will play a larger role and if happiness can disable abilities like savage it can probably do the same for Slaking
  16. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

Dear God - Imagine the support movepool a Grass/Ghost type would have! :D

In terms of storyline, I admit I never expected much from them, but in B/W, I was amazed by N & Ghetsis. Ghetsis's use of complete psychological manipulation on N, and arguably the rest of Unova, makes him truly terrifying. N's story speaks for itself - A fantastic tragic villian.

Nintendo & GF aren't expected to focus on the story, we know, but when you've seen that they're capable of writing villians like those two (And Dimentio from Super Paper Mario), you just want to see more of them...
  17. Xenol

Xenol

Well... alternative endings doesn't really necessarily mean dark/bad endings. What I had in mind is stuff like extra stuff you might get in another ending such as more plot related stuff explained by doing some optional sidequests/clear certain conditions (I somehow feel that the legend of the Tao dragons in Gen 5 is somewhat lacking as we were only told bits and pieces of the legend and still somewhat vague especially with the abyssal ruins) or maybe something bonuses like being able to catch the mascot legendary before the ending instead of post-game by proving yourself/clearing certain conditions as well.
  18. Darknesscrusher

Darknesscrusher

I would love extra endings.

Also, I suspect Chespin to be Grass/Flying, something like this: [​IMG]
  19. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

Emolga says Hi....
  20. The Shadow Lugia

The Shadow Lugia

What if we combine:
    The longevity of G/S (like the combination of 2 regions, or something to make it longer)
    The story of R/S (gotta admit, pretty good)
    The features of D/P/HG/SS
    and the functions and more features from B/W? (battle mechanism, etc)
  21. Darknesscrusher

Darknesscrusher

I know, but if you just alter it a bit, Chespin could become that. Also, Emolga is shit.
  22. cantab

cantab

Bioluminiscent mushroom would clearly be Grass/Light.
  23. Flareon

Flareon

Just because a concept's been done before, doesn't mean it'll be repeated again.

Primeape's a PRIME example. There's several Monkeys in Pokemon.
  24. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

I'd have to say, that's pretty appealing, but I feel like you left out a few things.
    G/S does have a good aftergame, but I think the most important part of the aftergame is not just seeing new places, but also getting a good challenge out of it. For example-
    Platimum- endgame had an extensive battle frontier and a whole new island to explore.
    Emerald- Once again, this endgame contained a whole new island. It wasn't quite as filled with new areas like D/P/P, but it still was pretty nice
    Story- R/S/E had a pretty good story, but it's less like it was the best, and more like it had one of the best features. Some other good points were:

B/W- N, Corless, and Ghetis were interesting characters, far more, in fact, than any other character in the series (from a emotional standpoint, most hilarious would be Hugh) Also, Hugh, Cheren, and Bianca are great rivals due to the level of interaction you have with them and the sheer amount of characters. The gym leaders as well have personalities and seeing them beyond simply being barriers to the elite 4 is good.

R/S/E- Despite his failure to stop you at every turn, Wally is probably one of the best rivals, and the idea of a weak child who grows into a threatenting battler through their pokemon can be expanded upon.

D/P/P - This one had a dissapointing rival and team. Cyrus could have been far, far better, as displayed by the mention of him as a child in sunnyshore city. Then again, I didn't beat platinum, only diamond, so perhaps they exapand on his backstory a bit? However, partners in certain areas of the game was a good idea, and even though it has been in later games, a variety of one off trainers to go through a forest or cave with would be nice.

Music- All of them really, all of the games have their own unique feel, and except for the b/w wild battle theme (which I really dislike) they all are enjoyable to listen to.

Functions and Features and Stuff- A mix of B/W, D/P/P, HG/SS and R/S/E.
    PokeNav/ Pokegear were excellent, and a combination with the poketech for multipurpose use and the B2W2 C-gear for quick play with others and multiple conversational choices.
  25. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

I have never seen Primeape as a monkey to be honest... And they are all fairly distinctly different. Another flying Squirrel will be directly similar. There are MANY species of monkeys, not many species of flying squirrel...

I hope they include Dolphins or more interesting bug types!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)