1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infernis

Infernis

Roar of Time Bidoof, Judgement Tropius, Sacred Fire Groudon...

or Shift Gear Metagross. I'd love that one. I think that exclusive moves are a good thing in general, though, since they can create a niche for an otherwise useless or outclassed Pokemon. Bonemerang gives Marowak the best ground move in the game, for instance. (Though the accuracy drop is a bit of a downer.)
  2. shockwave527

shockwave527

Well, it seems (according to that one guy) the magazine has been leaked, but not with pokemon. Last month info on the front page was out about 7:30, and the full shot of Ninfia/Sylveon a little after 8. Do you guys think we'll even get any pics of it tonight, or do you think we'll need to wait until tomorrow?

(I know these times are different for different people, this is what it says on the pokebeach updates for back then)
  3. Yveltal

Yveltal

I'm afraid of getting too eager about seeing what's in CoroCoro, because I wouldn't want anyone to make the japanese readers feel compelled to tell the rest of the world what's in store ahead of schedule. Then again, that much may already be impossible, as the people who have the magazine early on might not care at all when/if the rest of the world learns about new information.
    7-9 pm Eastern time tomorrow is a good bet to expect something, but still.
  4. PME

PME

Welp, no reason for me to pull an all nighter, since it's 1am over here. I just hope no new news happens 10 minutes after I fall asleep (this is what happened to me when Sylveon was announced, I was not a happy camper). Actually, no, I take that back, I want new news ;-;
  5. Lelouch6

Lelouch6

Your an indecisive one, but Pokemon can do that to ya. Whats reasonable to expect though? I mean the games are still a long time away how soon did we get the info on the black and white games?
  6. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

February: Zorua & Zoroark teased & formally revealed by Pokemon Sunday & CoroCoro
    March: Nothing. More focus was on Ranger 3, the movie, and the shiny beast give away.
    April: Games got names, first screenshots. Certain changes like the pokemon center/mart merger shown.
    May: Teased & revealed the starters, showed off artwork of the trainers, detailed some moves and abilities for Zorua & Zoroark. Sunday showed battle footage & footage of Castelia. Towards the end of the month, the box legends were revealed.
    June: Started the trend of revealing half a dozen pokemon each month along with other various additions/changes to the rest of the game.

Anyone complaining about XY's information pace is kind of silly, honestly.
  7. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

Honestly while I'm hungry for more information on the new pokemon, I'm fine with waiting because I do wanna be surprised by these new pokemon when I get the games.
  8. R_N

R_N

well the official corocoro site update with the cover
    http://www.corocoro.tv/coro1/index.html

and they have this listed
    [​IMG]

I'll guess only the starters will be talked about, using screens we already have. Fingers crossed for naming their attacks, I suppose.
  9. Infernis

Infernis

I can only imagine the debased and inane arguments we will get up to after two months of only getting one single (unclear) Eeveelution.
  10. The Diverman

The Diverman

I've just realized that it's been around 2 months since Xerneas and Yveltal were revealed and we still don't know their types, if we don't get their types or Sylveon's type, than there's something very weird going on here.
  11. Aura Flare Riolu

Aura Flare Riolu

Actually I think they said that they'll reveal more details about Sylveon this month.
  12. Jabroni

Jabroni

You're so warming up for the emergence of a new type aren't you? :naughty:
  13. The Diverman

The Diverman

All I'm going to say is the chances of it happening are higher than it's ever been.
  14. Dark King Alexx

Dark King Alexx

Sylveon, in my opinion, is flying. Xerneas and Yvetall however, I have no guess.
  15. PME

PME

Maybe Nintendo Direct might have some info? :/ I wouldn't put it past them.
  16. Punchshroom

Punchshroom para is worse than sleep
    is a Community Contributor

Let's talk about the starters themselves, minus the Fire/Fighting squabble. What kind of moves do you think they'll have. Considering Chespin's theme, I'd say Needle Arm is a strong possibility.
  17. Codraroll

Codraroll

I, for one, hope for Bounce for Froakie. It's time we got a frog exploring the froggy habit of jumping. Yes, Politoed learns Bounce too, but considering the amount of frogs in the games, there is far too little hopping around.
  18. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Considering Fennekin is a desert fox, hum... Sand-Attack, Mud-Slap, Dig. Also Sand Veil and Sand Rush as abilities.
  19. kazzafan

kazzafan

I am hoping for a Dark/Ghost poke with a small stick that eventually grows into a trident .. I HAVE the picture in my mind but I cant draw unfortunately ..
  20. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    Found on /vp/, take with a grain of salt. It should be noted that it uses no new pictures or anything but that's happened before.

NEVERMIND, apparently it's from CoroCoro Ichiban.
  21. Codraroll

Codraroll

^What would "CoroCoro Ichiban" mean, for us laymen? Does it mean it's a fake, old, or a reputable source?
  22. R_N

R_N

It's a distinct, separate magazine. Apparently, this is what the cover was for in the first place, not normal CoroCoro.

So, I guess hope is still alive?
  23. Glurak93

Glurak93

Yeah, corocoro comics is the one we are waiting for, not.corocoro ichiban. so everythings still possible
  24. oshada

oshada

What does it say? Please explain for us Japanese-illiterate peasants :toast:
  25. bobbyvaporeon

bobbyvaporeon

I do think that Froakie could turn into an Altaria-like mon that would be Water/Flying or Water/Dragon. Water/Fighting seems to be the logical one here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)