1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Castform: 70/70/70/70/70/70
    Evo: 90/90/90/90/90/90

How would it be broken
  2. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

How i wish it was base 90 all around. Knowing gamefreak it will probably have high offenses. Combine that with an insane movepool and the ability to function in any weather.
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Oh no it would have a niche how terrible????
  4. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Night could be another counterpart to sun. Sun represents Fire, but could also represent the Light- or Fairy-type if it existed. Before someone says that this does not make sense, remember that while sun exists, it can technically be "summoned" at night, in fact, on japanese, Sunny Day is called "Clear Sky". I also see it becoming a metagame factor. Imagine if Hydreigon could be used on this weather, assuming that it boosted Dark-type attacks by 50%, Hydreigon could use a super-powerful Dark Pulse to kill things, then if needed, the power of Draco Meteor could be used.

For example, lets say that Tyranitar gain the ability to summon the "Night". A Choice Band, Night-boosted Adamant Crunch can 2HKO physically defensive Hippowdon! It also has a fairly high chance to OHKO 252/80 Gastrodon, 2HKO offensive Heatran (Heatran resists Crunch!) and even 2HKO Terrakion and Keldeo (it is a shame that Tyranitar cannot outspeed them, as they will outspeed and OHKO Tyranitar back). Tyranitar can also OHKO specially defensive Jirachi after Stealth Rock or Spikes damage. Hydreigon can 2HKO even the most specially defensive Jirachi with Specs-boosted Dark Pulse, Life Orb variants can also do the same with Spikes support. This, is, of course, all assuming that a Night weather existed and it boosted Dark-type attacks.

The reasons why I think that Gen VI will be Light and Darkness themed is because of Xerneas (which I suspect that represent darkness) and Yveltal (which represent light). Also, although it was not confirmed if there will be a new type, you all must admit that this generation had much more evidence of a Light type compared to past generations. This is another factor that can be used as a evidence to the Light and Darkness theme that Gen VI will possible have, as a Light-type can be introduced to counter the "darkness" (Dark-type), although they would have to heavily boost the Dark-type because competitively, it isn't all that great.

Also, although many of you may say that this has nothing to do, I think that this is another reason why the Gen VI will be themed around Light and Darkness, and should be considered. The Gen VI region is based on France, an european country. Christianity is the dominant religion on Europe, and the christian religion has a lot of dichotomies based on Light and Darkness, such as Jesus and Satan. I used to thougth that Xerneas and Yveltal could be linked to Jesus and Satan (respectively), although they also have possibly connections with Thor and Loki (respectively), as there is also the theory that the legendaries from Gen VI are based on the Nordic mythology. If their Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem-esque master is revealed to be based on Odin or God (the christian God), this would confirm this theory, as God can separate the Light from Darkness, or unite them. The Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem-esque master could be a Pokémon that would appear to end a battle between both Xerneas and Yveltal, just like Landorus stopped the battle between Thundurus and Tornadus.
  5. kaps

kaps

I don't want to see a 'light' type simply because it will cause many people to think of all dark types as 'evil' (an assumption already made too often already) just because of cultural preconceptions about light vs dark

and I don't like forme changes either; it was okay for a few pokemon, but getting carried away ruins the uniqueness of it. I'd rather they just made it a different pokemon, perhaps related by a pre evolution

With regards to Castform, while I would love an evolution for it and many other gimmick pokemon, I'm not sure how I feel about them making all pokemon eventually become strong through. This is pokemon, not the Soviet Union; pokemon aren't all equal and deserve to be as powerful as each other. that's not how nature works! as long as they leave some with single evolutions or weaker second/third evolutions, though, I think Castform would have just about the most interesting evolution.
  6. shockwave527

shockwave527

OR, it could just have a simple stat rearrange like Scizor!

Castform: 70/70/70/70/70/70
    New Castform: 70/70/70/70/70/70

PERFECT

On the Castform evo, I might actually want to see something where it evolves into a different thing based on the last weather it was in. Also, I think I posted some of these already, but:

Some new weather conditions (along with the old ones) and how it should effect castform, plus what it would evolve into:

Rain/Water Type/Castorm
    Sunny/Fire Type/Castray
    Hail/Ice Type/Casflake
    Sandstorm/Ground Type/Cassand
    Fog/Ghost Type/Cascare
    Leaf Storm/Grass Type/Castem
    Acid Rain/Poison Type/Castox
    Erosion/Rock Type/Castone
    Thunder Storm/Electric Type/Casshock
  7. Mario With Lasers

I don't think evolving every pokémon is bad because of the power creep; if Castform got an all-90 evolution, it would probably be awesome in RBY or GSC... but not in BW, much less in XY's metagame. Evolving everything would shuffle the power balance, but it would be more or less kept in place. Even if everything had normalized 600 BST, there would still be some pokémon stronger than others, and the few that would still suck. But at least everything would be slightly usable.

This is why I loved the Dream World; they gave a lot of special niches and gimmicks to some pokémon and, while they didn't become a bunch of Dragonites and Toeds, they had something to work off of, be it in OU, or UU or even RU. It's kinda bad that a pokémon cannot be used in higher tiers, but it's even worse if it cannot be used anywhere, if it has nothing to differentiate itself. And that's exactly where Castform stands right now.

How would erosion be a weather
  8. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

I like this! So it'd be kind of like Rotom I suppose? Perhaps with some slight stat deviancies to make each one unique. Also, this thing, even with big stat upgrades, would be nowhere near broken. If they didn't make each stat different, even with +30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30, it would still just be a pixie lol, and base 100s throughout is still not overpowered. It'd be interesting to have a niche though in OU. Despite lackluster stats, the ability to function in any weather would make it a decent competitor for team slots i suppose.
  9. Vashimus

Vashimus

The Dark type is called the Evil type in Japan. It makes sense because the majority of Dark type moves revolve around deceit, cruelty, and just all around being an asshole. Hence why the parallel of Light type vs. Dark type doesn't make sense, since light isn't directly the opposite of evil. Good is, and we already have a "good" type. Fighting, which is why it's strong against it, and why the ability Justified exists (which is seen mostly on Fighting types).

They simply changed it to Dark because Evil sounds a bit extreme, especially for young kids.
  10. Infernis

Infernis

Basically all Castform ever had going for it was Weather Ball, and now Ho-Oh and a snowcone get it. (Though admittedly it's the only one to always get STAB, except in sand.) I would love to see it used more often, and for that it needs something extra. More speed would be great, since it already has powerful moves, but more offensive stats couldn't hurt. Defense boosts wouldn't be horrible, since its moves make up for its low offensive stats somewhat.

EDIT: And Arcanine + Absol get it because the first is famous for saving people, and the latter is always warning people about of disasters. (And thus is really weird for a dark type.)
  11. Sharkopath

Sharkopath

What about the possibility that Game Freak will not make new evolutions to old Pokes if that would make the old Pokes stronger with Eviolite? Under this condition, Shuckle, Skarmory and others would most likely not get new evolutions. Maybe Pokes like Sableye are better candidates for new evolutions.
  12. Mario With Lasers

There's also Froslass (with STAB!), Roserade and dumb Raikou.

...And it just occurred to me CoroCoro might have some info on Castform. I know that's not really rational, somebody from Japan would have already mentioned it, but God, I hate this lack of news.

They could simply nerf Eviolite. Or maybe they don't care. And they CLEARLY didn't care already lol, just look at Chansey; she's already more defensive overall than Skarmory, without Eviolite.
  13. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

What? Gen 5 is the one based on dualism. Light and Darkness, Yin and Yang etc. Gen 4 is the one with a god pokemon which is Arceus. And Gen 5 was obviously the only opportunity to introduce this ''light/good/sparkling/whatever'' type. When Reshiram and Zekrom were announced everyone was like ''LIGHT AND DARK LEGENDS" then we got the revelation that they were Dragons with fire and electric respectively as secondary typings. So no, its pretty clear that gamefreak has no itention nor has it ever had intention to introduce this kind of typing and theres nothing in Gen 6 that seems to support that specially when Gen 5 already used the Light vs Dark concept without the typings.
  14. shockwave527

shockwave527

Standing under falling rocks?

Couldn't think of a better term.
  15. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Help...... the deprivation of info status affect is taking hold of me. I'm out of lum berries. Is this really it for corocoro, or is there at least some more? I'm dying for info. Literally. I can't feel at peace until I get it.
  16. Sharkopath

Sharkopath

I know, right? Sadly I can't concentrate on my homework because I'm constantly refreshing the page.
  17. Ingo

Ingo

In the same boat :(
    But I've been waiting since February 14th for more info, I can wait a bit longer.
    The best thing ever would be if news got leaked on my B-day tommorow
  18. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Relax people; being nervous will not make Game Freak/CoroCoro reveal the informations faster, and this is just a game!

Also I am a bum with nothing to do anyway so it does not matter that I can only wait until they make a revelation about Gen VI because this is one of my very few "hobbies"

I meant to say that while Gen V was more based about dualisms in general, that Gen V could be specifically centered around the Light and Darkness battle. Also, I disagree with Gen V being the only opportunity that they had to introduce a new type, as there are many evidences that this new gen will have a new type, one of the most notable being Sylveon.
  19. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Can you tell me where are you getting this Light vs Darkness in Gen 6 from?
  20. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

He already explained it. -_- If you disagree, that's fine. But don't act like he hasn't already given his reasoning.
  21. dcae

dcae naughty list

I think the only reason there is this much speculation regarding new types is because of the way Gamefreak is treating the legendaries and Sylveon, period. Honestly, all new types are still open game until Sylveon's type is released. Just my 2 cents on the topic, but can we try to change the topic before it becomes light or no light type again? Please?
  22. Ingo

Ingo

As much as I hate the concept, he does have an okayish opinion. He didn't say it would be, its just that it's one of the many (Dna, cloning, genders) things that gen6 could center on. However, where I feel his logic fails is using Sylveon as a sort of proof to back it up and saying that geb 5 wasn't a very likely place to add a new type if they intend/intended to do so.
  23. shockwave527

shockwave527

Here's what I do, and a tip to all of you:
    I have twitter open to Serebii and Pokebeach. At least on Safari, these show (1) or (3) or whatever number whenever there are new tweets by that person on the tab, so I don't have to keep refreshing as long a they tweet it. And as soon as there's any news, I'm ready to post.

Though I am worried that maybe this IS all of the news. Why else would there be nothing so long after the first page is posted? My fingers are still crossed, though. Hoping we get news soon or confirmation that what we have is it at least, so I can stop worrying.

Agreed. I find it annoying how I though we had finished with this and agreed that the topic was discussed to death and to just move on, and then because someone brings it up around CoroCoro time, we all jump back in. Please, can we just stay off of this "new type" BS (in my opinion) until they actually ANNOUNCE a new type?
  24. PapillonReel

PapillonReel

Didn't CoroCoro announce they'd be revealing more about Sylveon this month in last month's issue? Also: according to posters on /vp/, CoroCoro's website mentions having both a movie and an XY supplement in this month's issue, and that's not really something you can get away with lying about.

Odds are the reason why nothing else has been leaked yet is because people are worried about breaking Japan's crazy copyright laws. I say give it until Friday before giving up hope.
  25. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

His reasoning was Xerneas represents dark (what?) and Yvetal represents Light (lolwhat?). I choosed to ask for a better reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

1. Articuno I