1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Help...... the deprivation of info status affect is taking hold of me. I'm out of lum berries. Is this really it for corocoro, or is there at least some more? I'm dying for info. Literally. I can't feel at peace until I get it.
  2. Sharkopath

Sharkopath

I know, right? Sadly I can't concentrate on my homework because I'm constantly refreshing the page.
  3. Ingo

Ingo

In the same boat :(
    But I've been waiting since February 14th for more info, I can wait a bit longer.
    The best thing ever would be if news got leaked on my B-day tommorow
  4. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Relax people; being nervous will not make Game Freak/CoroCoro reveal the informations faster, and this is just a game!

Also I am a bum with nothing to do anyway so it does not matter that I can only wait until they make a revelation about Gen VI because this is one of my very few "hobbies"

I meant to say that while Gen V was more based about dualisms in general, that Gen V could be specifically centered around the Light and Darkness battle. Also, I disagree with Gen V being the only opportunity that they had to introduce a new type, as there are many evidences that this new gen will have a new type, one of the most notable being Sylveon.
  5. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Can you tell me where are you getting this Light vs Darkness in Gen 6 from?
  6. Narutendo3

Narutendo3

He already explained it. -_- If you disagree, that's fine. But don't act like he hasn't already given his reasoning.
  7. dcae

dcae naughty list

I think the only reason there is this much speculation regarding new types is because of the way Gamefreak is treating the legendaries and Sylveon, period. Honestly, all new types are still open game until Sylveon's type is released. Just my 2 cents on the topic, but can we try to change the topic before it becomes light or no light type again? Please?
  8. Ingo

Ingo

As much as I hate the concept, he does have an okayish opinion. He didn't say it would be, its just that it's one of the many (Dna, cloning, genders) things that gen6 could center on. However, where I feel his logic fails is using Sylveon as a sort of proof to back it up and saying that geb 5 wasn't a very likely place to add a new type if they intend/intended to do so.
  9. shockwave527

shockwave527

Here's what I do, and a tip to all of you:
    I have twitter open to Serebii and Pokebeach. At least on Safari, these show (1) or (3) or whatever number whenever there are new tweets by that person on the tab, so I don't have to keep refreshing as long a they tweet it. And as soon as there's any news, I'm ready to post.

Though I am worried that maybe this IS all of the news. Why else would there be nothing so long after the first page is posted? My fingers are still crossed, though. Hoping we get news soon or confirmation that what we have is it at least, so I can stop worrying.

Agreed. I find it annoying how I though we had finished with this and agreed that the topic was discussed to death and to just move on, and then because someone brings it up around CoroCoro time, we all jump back in. Please, can we just stay off of this "new type" BS (in my opinion) until they actually ANNOUNCE a new type?
  10. PapillonReel

PapillonReel

Didn't CoroCoro announce they'd be revealing more about Sylveon this month in last month's issue? Also: according to posters on /vp/, CoroCoro's website mentions having both a movie and an XY supplement in this month's issue, and that's not really something you can get away with lying about.

Odds are the reason why nothing else has been leaked yet is because people are worried about breaking Japan's crazy copyright laws. I say give it until Friday before giving up hope.
  11. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

His reasoning was Xerneas represents dark (what?) and Yvetal represents Light (lolwhat?). I choosed to ask for a better reason.
  12. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

This is awful reasoning considering LITERALLY EVERY OTHER MONTH where people just straight up post full scans of various magazines
  13. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

If a new weather were to come out, I'm thinking something like Acid Rain or Polluted Clouds, it could be the poison type version of Sandstream and give poison types a special defense buff, deal passive damage to all non-poison types, and increase poison-type moves by 50%. It would make Tentacruel a god.
  14. dcae

dcae naughty list

A pattern I've noticed is that there is generally less information regarding the new game in the March edition of CoroCoro, more a focus on the movie, and I don't see why this March would be any different. Regarding the Sylveon type thing by Gamefreak, I don't recall them specifying the next month's issue at all. It was just something general that they would address in the near future, maybe next CoroCoro issue.
  15. PapillonReel

PapillonReel

I can imagine there being some penalty for posting scans ahead of the street date. IANAL though.

(I really wish we'd get another leak soon. Someone's trolling /vp/ with scans of last month's issue of CoroCoro... and they're falling for it.)
  16. Wishy

Wishy

Couldn't they at least release a few more XY screenshots? Goddamn. There is honestly nothing to talk about anymore. And we probably wont get any news, if we do get anything, until next CoroCoro. Unless GameFreak decide to do a more global unveiling using the official Pokemon website? I think that makes sense (But, again, I'm sure the global updates would coincide with CoroCoro anyway).

How disappointing. Well see you all next time.
  17. The Diverman

The Diverman

Who wants some more rumors? Pokejungle tweeted that there's a rumor on 2ch stating that Fennekin's evolution's name is Fennel and that it's bipedal with a ghostly appearance.
  18. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

It's almost as if they're not marketing this to a bunch of teenagers and up who have above average intelligence and stew in their own anger for months over speculations...
  19. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

shoot for the stars, random 2ch person
  20. Infernis

Infernis

Sure, there's plenty to talk about!

I've noticed a pattern in the lack of news. Every time there isn't anything shown in CoroCoro, the fanbase spontaneously starts talking about something else. Maybe those people are Game Freak plants spreading the real information!

[​IMG]
  21. Majestic Electric

Majestic Electric

Agreeing 100% with this. The "new types" thing has been speculated to the point where, imo, its getting old. We've had the same 17 types since G / S (over 10 years) and it's not like GameFreak to change the formula. Don't fix what isn't broken. :/

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd! -_-

Anyway, in regards to the Legendaries' typing, they'll probably end up having a completely new dual-type combination. It would be the same as Reshiram and Zekrom's type speculation: many people assumed back then that Zekrom and Reshiram were Dark and Light-types respectively, yet they ended up as Dragon / Electric and Dragon / Fire, which no other Pokemon has type-wise (at least for now). Xerneas and Yveltal are probably following that same path and GameFreak is just trolling us.
  22. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Why am I so shit
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I should have stopped sitting on my ass already and started taking drawing classes, so I could post some ellaborated rumor (with artworks and everything) about how Fennekin is evolving into a Fire/Dragon.

Because, you know, it is. Stop fooling yourselves with random 2ch rumors, pfft
  23. The Diverman

The Diverman

I was just posting what pokejungle tweeted, because people might want to know about it, chill out. And to be fair, 2ch rumors do hold more weight than 4chan rumors because they've actually turn out to be true before, but it's still like you're saying you believe in Santa Claus more than the Easter Bunny.

I swear people in this thread are so bi-polar....
  24. dcae

dcae naughty list

I think you got caught out by his sarcasm.
  25. The Diverman

The Diverman

I didn't take his last sentence as sarcasm, but whatever.

Another scan leaked, this one is just announcing the next arc in the anime called Pokemon Best Wishes 2 Da!(Dekorora Adventure) It reminds me of the Orange Islands arc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)