1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Or they could make 4 games and get $$$$$$$$
    Or they could make use of the e-shop and have XY grab them out of the VC versions
    Or they could, in fact, not do something so arbitrary as disallow Pokemon you've transferred from Gen 3 to Gen 5
  2. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

some of my responses to the above posts
    NO, i don't not want EVERY pokemon to be viable. that goes against basically every tenet of pokemon and that means in-game, everything/nothing would be OP. like, why would your Caterpie caught in the very first minutes of the game be "just as viable" as the super legendary Mewtwo??? That just seems like there would be NO buildup whatsover.
    also, I can't stop seeing the nipple thing now, thanks guys :P
    lastly, mmmm a swordfish and a dolphin would be cool. I would also like an orca please (kyogre has coloring unlike an orca so doesn't really count. black and white orca!!!)
  3. False Sense

False Sense

Like some others, I think it's really bizarre that we don't have a dolphin pokemon yet. It's such a popular animal, and yet...

Also, we need a platypus pokemon and a manatee pokemon. Just saying.
  4. Tytus

Tytus

I always thought Psyduck was very platypus-esque, despite the name.
  5. SmashBrosBrawl

SmashBrosBrawl

Theres a difference between viable and good. There are pokemon that server literally no purpose. Unown, Magikarp, Ledyba line etc. They entirely useless regardless of how much you train them or what moves you teach them. Theyre simply useless against ''viable'' mons. I would like if all pokemons had half decent movepools and ability so that they could had some use.
  6. Vashimus

Vashimus

The unique gameplay of Yellow? It was freaking R/G/B with Pikachu's grill slapped all over it. The only things of note are Pikachu's happiness system (expanded on for every poke in Gen II), and the walking Pokemon, which HGSS brought back, but it should really be made an option in any Pokemon game. Then again, 3D overworld models for over 700 Pokes ON TOP of the battle models might be too much?....maybe?

The RSE games, for now, don't need remakes at all. The games are perfectly playable and don't need an update as badly as the Gen I and II games did, since those games weren't compatible with any future games. Gen IV, V, and sure enough VI all have the features III introduced, with the new EV and IV system, abilities, and natures. It's not that ancient.
  7. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

It has the looks of an Orca.
  8. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

Hm. Didn't pick up on that... Awesome!

Also, I would be all in favour of a swordfish pokémon!
  9. shockwave527

shockwave527

Unown was made as a gimmick to show off a move and be part in the movie. Magikarp was made off of a myth, to BE a fairly useless pokemon and then become something amazing. Ledyba… well, I can't say on that one.

But many of these pokemon aren't made as much for the combat, but maybe more for the Anime or something specific to the pokemon. Not all pokemon are combat pokemon, because they are based off often real creatures, and does every single creature fight well? It gives good variety. Not everything can be useful, but they all do have their purposes.

Speaking of purposes - which sounds like porpoises - Narwhal pokemon anyone?

I also want to see a legendary pig pokemon based off of the Erymanthian Boar, from greek mythology.

Also - rock/flying gargoyle pokemon

Not done yet: A fire/fighting that is NOT a starter. Also, I think I've said before a fighting kangaroo. And, I agree, a dolphin.

Main point: I want new pokemon.
  10. dcae

dcae naughty list

I want to see a Dragon/Fighting pokemon that is a boxer with a dragon head and dragon claws and features. This would have 122 Spe with 125 Atk and 75 defenses, no SpA and 80 HP, with Dragon Dance, Mach Punch, Outrage, CC. Broke but it would be so awesome.

EDIT: And a Dragon/Ghost with 120 HP 130 SpA 116 Spe and 80 defenses and low atk. This way it avoids Extremespeed and Mach Punch.
  11. Vashimus

Vashimus

If a Dragon/Fighting poke is made, then the Steel/Ghost with Levitate needs to come as well.
  12. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

They should make a squid Pokemon, something that actually looks daunting unlike Octillery who is technically an Octopus, and a little more sqid-ish than Tentacruel, because that is as close as they got. I am not sure what type(s) would apply. I guess it could be a really deep-water squid so it would have phosphorescence. Then they could do with another Water/Electric combo.
  13. dcae

dcae naughty list

Yeah, something to stop the Dragon/Fighting from going to Ubers. I really want that Ghost/Steel. It be like the Ferrothorn of Gen VI if it is defensive, or would be a brilliant niche on the offensive side of spectrum. I'd really like it to be the next Ferrothorn.
  14. Yveltal

Yveltal

Gorebyss=succubus eel
    Lanturn=friendly neighborhood angler fish

Nope. No dolphins yet. there are "dolphins" but no classic blackfish delphinidae-inspired dolphins yet.

And Dewgong is based on a close relative to manatees. Still, a revamped look for sea cows would be much loved.

In other news, I want an Electric/Psychic.
  15. Infernis

Infernis

Goodness, for how much water Hoenn had, you'd think they would have had a squid, dolphin, manatee, and others. There were like 10 kinds of Pokemon for about a dozen water routes, and basically all of them were Tentacool and Wingull.

Let's see here:

Wingull
    Pelipper (Rare)
    Wailmer
    Wailord (1% chance on route 129)
    Staryu (Super Rod, only in Lilycove)
    Tentacool
    Tentacruel (1% chance in abandoned ship)
    Sharpedo (Super Rod only)
    Luvdisc (Super Rod only)

And then underwater you have your choice of:

Clamperl.
    Lanturn.
    Relicanth.

That's not bad variety, except that unless you're actively searching for certain Pokemon by fishing or wandering around for hours, you end up with this:

Surface:
    Wingull - knows Supersonic.
    Wailmer - knows Water Pulse.
    Tentacool - knows Supersonic.

Or if you escape underwater:

Underwater:
    Clamperl - terrible XP drop.
    Lanturn - knows Supersonic.
    Relicanth - loads of defense, Yawn.

I love Hoenn to death, but it could seriously use some water variety.
  16. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I never actually connected that stuff before...that is a good point. I played Emerald for the LONGEST time and never actually noticed the any of that. Even with the lack of water variety, I still think that Emerald was the best game. Emerald's Frontier was incredible.
    I wonder if they will revamp the Frontier again in X and Y or just do the Subway again...
  17. shockwave527

shockwave527

OK guys, only roughly 30 days until the next CoroCoro!
  18. Yveltal

Yveltal

Sock monkey and tiki god Pokemon. I want them now. Also, a pegasus would kick ass.

And I want a time-manipulating clock-based Pokemon with signature techniques that deal damage and control your opponent's attack choices.
  19. Scorpio

Scorpio

Please tell me there's actually XY info.
  20. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

We already have a time based pokemon, but a clock one....Klinklang is the only one that comes close.
  21. Infernis

Infernis

Technically speaking, Dialga's motif is clocks. It has parts on it shaped like partial gears (that match time Time Gears of the Mystery Dungeon games) and a clock-hand pattern all over it.

Now, here's a wacky idea for a possible R/S remake: there was never much incentive to win all the contests except for the ribbons and the sweet picture. (Also the trainer card star.) What if there was a move that increased in power based on Condition for each contest stat? Or the number of ribbons. It's just wishful thinking, I suppose, since my Wailord will soon obtain all 65 ribbons that one non-event Pokemon can get. (Though I guess a purified Shadow Pokemon from XD or Colosseum would have 66.)

Still, more moves like Return aren't out of the question with the whole 'increased value of friendship' thing.
  22. Blazi

Blazi

So apparently the Mewtwo that will be distributed from June to September will have "top" IVs, so it'll probably have flawless IVs. As I'm not a RNGer, this is actually really nice. As the Mewtwo is part of the movie, we can expect that everyone will be able to get it on wifi right? Maybe it will also trigger an in-game event in X and Y like Celebi did in BW?

Talking about wifi events, I still want my Meloetta (I live in Europe) and Deoxys. There need to be worldwide wifi events for X and Y. I know it's sort of fair for Japan to have more events, but the situation right now is a bit too unfair.
  23. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

And knowing Trollfreak it will probably have a Quiet Nature...
  24. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

They only ever had to use locked natures in DPPt whenever they wanted to distribute shinies; BW doesn't have this problem (see: shiny Golurk and Hydreigon events). Besides shinies, I think the only time we have got a locked-nature pokémon was that Quiet Eruption Heatran (WHY). I don't think that is enough precedent to expect "Troll Freak" to screw us.

And I would expect a, huh, Naive Mewtwo at least, having watched the first movie and all.
  25. RandomVGC

RandomVGC

Would you also count Hardy Surf Pikachu, Adamant Electivire, and Modest Magmortar from PBR? Or hardly since they're a special case, too?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)