1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Digging those ideas, DFA. I also would love a Chatot evo so the cockatiel sounds great. As for the water/grass sponge, Storm Drain or better yet, Regenerator would be good fits. Sponges can reproduce via budding so it makes sense.
  2. Jabroni

Jabroni

Before Gen 5 and blitzle, I was hopping they'd do a Zebra pegasus. alas, it wasn't meant to be
  3. Tytus

Tytus

I'd love a cockatiel Pokemon! Mine is chatting away right now!
  4. shockwave527

shockwave527

I have a cockatiel, and I'd love this to happen! INSTANT TEAM MEMBER!
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

Serebii says that the event Mewtwo may have optimal IVs. Would they give it a set nature if they're giving away an ideally powerful Pokemon?

To keep this tied in to Gen 6, what kinds of new Pokemon should make for a good event giveaway?
  6. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

Probably the 6th gen kawaii legendary.
    Kind of like Victini was in this gen.
  7. Infernis

Infernis

Anyone else notice that Mewtwo is carrying Heal Pulse as well? I don't think it normally learns that. Might be fun for VGC.
  8. Redjar

Redjar

Don't know if it was brought up, found this on pokememes today ( I know it's abysmal place for a 'news'' source but hey it's a talking point isn't it? And I haven't really searched anywhere else. ) Since it's hard to go through 300 pages I've only gone through the last few and I didn't see mention of this.

[​IMG]

It oddly enough goes with the "leak" we had a few weeks ago that spoke of prevos of heracross (criss cross iirc) and pinsir as well as other things such as Houndoomed etc..

IDK, I think it's pretty likely to be fake.

Though if we do get hera and pinsir prevos I think they are should also give us evos. I never really understood making baby pokemon to something and then not giving it a more evolved form as well.
  9. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's explicitly fake, the faker tried to pass it off as real on serebii a day or two ago and was debunked by like everyone
  10. Master of the Six Kings

Master of the Six Kings

One thing i really want to see this Gen is a new Gym Leader system. I feel like every game has tried to improve on Gym Leaders, as they are the secondary drive of the game. I know type gimmicks are the big thing, but the first gym in BLW had the Lilpup/changing type of gym. It really makes me want Gym Leaders based off the area they are in, like the cream of the crop for the area. This will make you use more Pokemon to battle them the farther ingame you go, but also give you an easier way to grind against these kinds of Pokemon. The new Gym Leaders in BLW2 really bored me. Cheren, Roxie and Mako Tsunami were absolute push overs, even though they had potential to be cooler characters (Roxie especially). It makes it easier to design their character development too (again, looking at Roxie especially).

Also, Pinsir prevo is gross, Hera prevo is :3. Obviously fake, but i want that little Hera now :D
  11. jonmccaskill

jonmccaskill

I think a fun way to make the Gyms more challenging would be a rule that you can only use the same amount of Pokemon that the Gym leader uses. It could potentially actually make Gyms a difficult challenge for a change.
  12. Infernis

Infernis

@Master of the Six Kings: They already have been masters of the surrounding area. Brawly trains Fighting pokemon found in Granite Cave, Wattson trains Electric pokemon in an area saturated with wild Electrike and trainers with Magneton, Flannery trains Fire pokemon on a mountain covered in Numel and Magcargo and whatnot... it goes on. It actually makes the gym leaders really easy, since your team is already used to fighting that type.

I use the same number of Pokemon as the gym leader (and only two items) during my Nuzlocke runs, and it makes things a whole lot more exciting. Taking on Tate and Liza in a double battle without any possibility of switching was one of the best gym battles I've ever had.
  13. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Most of the time I wind up using only 2 or 3 unless I'm feeling sporting and what exp on my other guys.
    So I kind of doubt that would really make things harder since, well, you're likely to have that many pokemon that can handle them.

Just about the only way I can genuinely see making the leaders harder in a way that's "fair" is to go with Battle facility rules. 3 Pokemon, Set switching, no items, fixed levels, etc.
    But that's riddled with a myriad other issues.
  14. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Why am I so shit
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

...Oh yeah. Those guys.

But still. None of them were local or wi-fi events; I'd say we're safe with Mewtwo.

Regarding pokémon I want to see, I want a legendary trio (yeah screw you) based on Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi and Susanoo. I haven't given much thought to the latter two's designs (I know typing, abilities and stats but that's it), but Amaterasu could be a Fire/Fighting, special-based harpy with some sun motif going on.
  15. Vashimus

Vashimus

It's all fun and games until someone gets a crit.
  16. dcae

dcae naughty list

I think they need to give max IVs or EVs to the Gym Leaders, like they did to the Champions in the PWT in BW2, which I found an amazing feature. That would definitely make it challenging.
  17. Scorpio

Scorpio

So is there any actual XY news? Or did we get screwed over?
  18. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego Currently experiencing a serious case of Dance Kittens
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

screwed over. There is a mewtwo with hurricane, though
  19. Green

Green

surprised there is no peacock pokemon
  20. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

The new event Mewtwo has hurricane!? Didn't catch that...
  21. EJ190

EJ190

you guys expecting any old type combos?water/poison rock/grass?i for one want a fast bug/rock type
  22. Krooked Krookodile

Krooked Krookodile

I think that would be a very interesting/cool choice for a pokemon. They're running out of animals to copy!
  23. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    Underused Leader

n

red panda pls

dolphin too
  24. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

25. shockwave527

shockwave527

The site (Pokemon.com) already updated, as it did with new info after Sylveon had been announced, confirming it, and no new XY info was added. So, screwed over, definately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)