1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolgfang

Wolgfang

Anybody else wish Gamefream would beef up opponent AI?
  2. Mymom234

Mymom234

That would be awesome as a sort of second quest, where all the enemies are extra powerful. It would at least give you something to do after the elite four.
  3. cantab

cantab

Enough people do buy both of a paired version. Not necessarily at the same time, but I venture a majority of Smogon's members own at least one version pair.

More importantly, RemakeYellow and RemakeEmerald would be two different games, both requiring considerable work. If they were both remade, they would absolutely not launch simultaneously.
  4. czechm8

czechm8

All I want is a qwilfish evo. It could even be a split between an offensive lionfish and defensive stonefish. All are essentially real water poison types, and evolite intimidate qwilfish would be an awesome bulky spiker.
  5. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

I've often really hoped that this option could come about. It's really not that hard to do and, tbh, even if it's only in the battle tower, it would be pretty cool.
    However, the easiest way to do it is for the AI to expect STAB moves and switch whenever it fears one coming based on a certain chance (for example, it has garchomp vs. vanilluxe and, if a random integer from 0 to 2 is 2, it switches). Another thing that gf could do is up both the levels and the movesets of mons - ala challenge mode - but not make it extremely stupid to unlock in a game.
  6. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

I actually rather like this idea. Water/Poison is a good defensive typing that is relatively rare (barring Tentacruel). More viable Poison-types in OU (and perhaps Ubers???) would give a slight nerf to Fighting types (and I really want Poison to resist Water cuz it makes sense).
  7. Mymom234

Mymom234

That's just smogon or hardcore fans, though. Little kids (the "main" audience) aren't enticed to buy both versions, and if they are, their parents refuse to pay for basically the same thing. Like I said, it makes much more economic sense.
  8. Exbo

Exbo

9. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

I sure hope you're joking.

On the topic of a Spinda evolution...
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

...I like this design.
  10. BdB4445

BdB4445

I completely agree. Unlocking challenge mode probably isn't worth the inconvenience for most people. I wish/hope gamefreak includes assist/challenge mode from the get-go, considering numerous console games with a story mode allow that.
  11. Mymom234

Mymom234

Maybe we shouldn't even have to unlock difficulty modes, like oak will ask you "Are you a boy or a girl?" and then "Do like like an easy game, a challenge, or an impossible quest?"
  12. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

It was confirmed that Sylveon is a Flying-type: (open)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. kaps

kaps

The one thing I really dislike about fan pokemon designs is that once they're made, they obviously will never be used/have a similarly designed pokemon actually created

nintendo could get a lot of bad attention if it was found out one of their 'new' pokemon designs looked as if it borrowed heavily from some random fan art which existed prior. even if it was coincidental, nintendo could not prove it, and so they probably do their best to avoid it. or even some of the ideas for pokemon, like a ghost/grass type based on a stump I saw and really liked, have less of a chance to be implemented once they're created and spread across the internet.

of course it would be impossible to find and avoid all fan designs, but they've likely seen those in some of the more popular mods.

basically people need to stop taking their ideas away, I want a Jynx or Delibird evolution this generation but they won't do it if all of their designs have been taken! :(
  14. Yveltal

Yveltal

Nintendo would get so much more love from their fans if they allowed fan-made designs into their games. Iirc, the only fanmade design ever made into an official Pokemon was Spinarak. It's time for another contest, if you ask me.
  15. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

uhhhh, that never happened at all, I don't think

The only fan-made anything I can think of was Draco Meteor
  16. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I have seen some really neat fan-designed Pokemon that would have been way cooler than some of the official Pokemon. It is a shame they do not make the Pokemon design more of a fan-run thing. It is obvious the GameFreak team is running out of ideas. I don't believe it is a disputable fact for many that the quality of the Gens is declining from a creative standpoint. Gamefreak could use a fresh perspective, fans would provide it
  17. R_N

R_N

I just rolled my eyes so hard I think I'm blind
  18. Glurak93

Glurak93

That is fuckin hilarious! That would be my answer to all the people who say sylveon is pure flying.
  19. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

While I do agree with the fan-made idea, to say that Gamefreak is running out of ideas is just not true. But still a few fan-made pokemon like maybe 6-10 wouldn't hurt
  20. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

I thought BW was very fresh. All of the Mons fit the overall feel but few of them felt similar in design even if they were similar in 'theory'.

Personally I think GF and TPC are pretty solid on the creativity front.
  21. cantab

cantab

Game Freak let people outside their usual team design Pokemon, albeit employees not fans. The designs earnt mixed reactions.
  22. Scorpio

Scorpio

What about if we submitted one of our CAP projects?

please don't kill me
  23. Geodude6

Geodude6

That makes me wonder... Does GF look on these boards?
  24. R_N

R_N

I will go out on a limb and say "Not even remotely"
  25. cantab

cantab

I've no doubt at least some of their staff are aware of them, but barring a GF employee being a member in their spare time I don't think they'll monitor things. They might check the front page at most.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)