Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

Nintendo would get so much more love from their fans if they allowed fan-made designs into their games. Iirc, the only fanmade design ever made into an official Pokemon was Spinarak. It's time for another contest, if you ask me.
  2. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

uhhhh, that never happened at all, I don't think

The only fan-made anything I can think of was Draco Meteor
  3. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I have seen some really neat fan-designed Pokemon that would have been way cooler than some of the official Pokemon. It is a shame they do not make the Pokemon design more of a fan-run thing. It is obvious the GameFreak team is running out of ideas. I don't believe it is a disputable fact for many that the quality of the Gens is declining from a creative standpoint. Gamefreak could use a fresh perspective, fans would provide it
  4. R_N

R_N

I just rolled my eyes so hard I think I'm blind
  5. Glurak93

Glurak93

That is fuckin hilarious! That would be my answer to all the people who say sylveon is pure flying.
  6. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

While I do agree with the fan-made idea, to say that Gamefreak is running out of ideas is just not true. But still a few fan-made pokemon like maybe 6-10 wouldn't hurt
  7. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

I thought BW was very fresh. All of the Mons fit the overall feel but few of them felt similar in design even if they were similar in 'theory'.

Personally I think GF and TPC are pretty solid on the creativity front.
  8. cantab

cantab

Game Freak let people outside their usual team design Pokemon, albeit employees not fans. The designs earnt mixed reactions.
  9. Scorpio

Scorpio

What about if we submitted one of our CAP projects?

please don't kill me
  10. Geodude6

Geodude6

That makes me wonder... Does GF look on these boards?
  11. R_N

R_N

I will go out on a limb and say "Not even remotely"
  12. cantab

cantab

I've no doubt at least some of their staff are aware of them, but barring a GF employee being a member in their spare time I don't think they'll monitor things. They might check the front page at most.
  13. Infernis

Infernis

Hey, Golurk was totally worth having Vanillite around. Golurk's one of my favorite BW Pokemon. My friends and I watched all the Pokemon movies a few months back, and Golurk was the reason I made it through that Reshiram/Zekrom movie awake. Rocket-fist Determinator Golurk was a true hero. On the other hand, I've always had a deep-seated hatred for Snubbull. No problem having a little diversity in who makes the designs so long as they're all checked for stupid first. (A bigger Magmar... with a cannon! Yeah!)
  14. PapillonReel

PapillonReel

In all honesty? If Cyclohm and Necturna made it into an actual Pokémon game I would explode with sheer joy.
  15. CJorex

CJorex

How about Icecreams and Totem poles?
  16. clapyourhands

clapyourhands

I've always liked Xatu's design... it certainly was more interesting than some of the other blander Flying-type designs.
  17. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

He may have meant sigilyph... though I quite like sigilyph.
  18. Infernis

Infernis

Sigilyph was based on the Nazca Lines, I think. It's a little garish and overwrought, but not all of them can be winners. (Only 50% can be in the best half, after all!)
  19. b2j135

b2j135

The closet I think to someone NOT from Nintendo doing official Pokemon creations would be Mr. Turner
  20. CAPS alt

CAPS alt

For those who think dragon types should be nerfed I highly they won't be nerfed coz you know they are dragons afterall.
  21. Spork

Spork

Fuckin shelmet, man! Samurott! Volcarona! Whimsicott! STUNFISK! I have to say, I've never loved gen 1 designs, except, really, for the cuter ones, as a wee bairn; every other generation has struck me as more designedly successful. Gen 1's design policy of adding girth n' heads to every evolution, or putting spikes and ridged plates on everything, or using bland, monotone pallets, has never been particularly interesting. I feel like most of them would fail to win a CAP contest.

(that said, gen 2 holds most of my favorite designs, and isn't wholly dissimilar, but oh well~)
  22. GeeZee

GeeZee

I think Ledian and Ariados are pretty good designs, but I just wish they'll get an evolution this gen...
  23. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

Vanilluxe is my favorite pokemon ever!

It combines my two favorite things into one single from.
    5th gen had some of my favorite pokemon designs.
  24. Ingo

Ingo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love all of these, but if you give me the whole "They are excused because they are gen 1" or "Simple is better" I'm going to smack someone in the face.
  25. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

I think the closest someone not from Nintendo working on Pokemon is probably someone from Game Freak.

Also, why do people take the worst designs from a Gen and then say "this Gen's Pokemon suck". A couple of bad Pokes doesn't suddenly make the whole Gen bad, IMO.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)