1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b2j135

b2j135

Also, how about we get more Spike variants?
    Currently we only have Spikes and Toxic Spikes, but what if we got something even better?
    Paralysis Spikes, Burn Spikes, Frozen Spikes(banned), Sleep Spikes(new clause or banned)? nothing is stopping GameFreak at this point ;)
    I would REALLY fucking love to see ParaSpikes
  2. Mocha

Mocha

Poison Pokemon can clear out Toxic Spikes. So if we had Burn Spikes, then Fire Pokemon could clear them. Frozen Spikes for Ice. Not sure about Sleep and Paralysis. Maybe Psychic for Sleep, or perhaps even something gimmicky like Vital Spirit or Limber for either. It would make those abilities actually a little more viable.
  3. The Cicada

The Cicada

sleep spikes would make no fucking sense, and para and burn spikes would be OP due to affecting speed and attack, and also nobody likes full paralysis. and Frozen Spikes would be nice, assuming only a few ice types get it, and ice types absorb it, making Ice a far better type.

All them spikes would redfine the meta too much. Either have magic bounce/spinner or lose basically.
  4. Redjar

Redjar

God no, Toxic Spikes are ok because they do little to stop most pokemon, really only handling walls that aren't immune or have a way of dealing with it. Even then Walls can still take hits, recover and switch out.

Para and Burn spikes would nerf physical anything and just be beckoning the hax gods as well as get rid of scarfers. Way to overcentralizing. So they are the worst idea ever. Freezing spikes and sleep spikes I shouldn't have to explain.
  5. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Sleep/freeze spikes would be horribly overpowered. The former would be limited by sleep cause in any case, and there's a reason freeze is the only status without a direct-inducing move like Will-o-wisp or Thunder Wave.
  6. Mocha

Mocha

Yeah, Sleep Spikes seems kind of pointless. You're better off with Confusion Spikes, lol.

Gosh if stuff like Burn and Paralyze Spikes existed, teams would be filled with Fire Pokemon, Guts/Status Absorbers, Flying types, Levitate, and maybe Ground types (assuming the Paralyze Spikes counted as an 'Electric' move).
  7. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Late response, but whatever.

Yes to all of those. The Poketech was great, the C Gear is awful. They completely ruined the PC in HG/SS and brought it back in BW. Please go back to the DP box. You could toggle the auto-switch yourself instead of it always being on in the new games, slowing you down.

Also, let Pokemon's names be changed after trades. Seriously, the whole love for the Pokemon thing is so played out and old school. Just let us remove any dumb names already.

And we're still in the need of Mega Potions instead of waiting to buy Moo Moo Milks from a single vendor.
  8. Redjar

Redjar

If the spikes were used by being absorbed that would be interesting.

X sets Para spikes on the field

Opponent switches in and gets paralyzed but is only paralyzed by absorbing the spikes.

I still hate the idea but this makes much more balanced.

I like the old school.
  9. MCG93

MCG93

Three words: Broken Beyond Repair. ParaSpikes would be nightmarish and would warrant rapid spinners even more than they are warranted now, AND you would need a cleric with either heal bell or aromatherapy as well. Burn Spikes I can see, and they could be removed by switching in either a fire or a water Pokemon (because it makes sense). Freeze spikes and sleep spikes are definite no no's and would never be made. They would be BROKEN ingame. Imagine battle tower with that kind of thing lurking around. *shivers*

EDIT: ninja'd multiple times
  10. b2j135

b2j135

y'know if it DOES happen, we could always ban them, I agree Frozen Spikes are quite OP, but I think that Burn and Para Spikes would be awesome additions, we could finally get rid of Wii-o-miss and T-wave and with all the MANY fire and electric types that exist, it would be pretty balanced.
    Also para spikes wouldn't work on ground types as toxic spikes don't work on steel types ;)
    Sleep Spikes...I dunno...dat clause would have to be adjusted of it would just be banned, now for the volatile status...it would hilarious to see <3 Spikes or Instant Leech Seed Spikes :p
  11. Redjar

Redjar

What's wrong with Twave? and Will-O-"Miss" is 70% because a burn is very crippling. Why would we want something that would be instabanned or bring up more banning controversy? Opposite of Awesome.
  12. The Reptile

The Reptile awoat needs a custom title
    is a Pre-Contributor

Guys, I don't know why we're talking about OtherStatusSpikes, since they are unlikely to happen. This is because it puts up the question as to what happens when 2 status spikes of different kinds are up. Which one goes into effect, and ect. Plus, the only other spike that make sense is ParaSpikes (injecting paralyzing poison into the body) and MAYBE Burn Spikes (Considering Scald burns, they could be really hot / on fire or something).
    Also, considering Freeze doesn't even have it's own status move, I really doubt it'll get a spike form, assuming the other statuses get spike forms.
  13. Magistrum

Magistrum Admiral Cawmodore ᕙ(◕`‸´◕;)ᕗ
    is an Artist

Hello smogoners![kinda obligated to greet since this is my first post]

I know this has been mentioned, but props to Chespin being the combo breaker of grass lizard starters. Kinda refreshing, actually, despite people disliking it.

Now that gen vi is underway, i hope there'll be fire and electric type priority moves (nitro charge was kinda a curveball by GF...) as well as a chlorophyll equivalent for fire types.
  14. b2j135

b2j135

Nothing is wrong with T-wave, it's just nice to have variety.
    But I effing hate Will-o-miss because of it's terrible accuracy.
    It's not as bad as Scald, at least Scald does damage even if it doesn't burn, will-o is just a wasted turn if it misses...burn spikes would be the best insta-fix for this dilemma in my opinion

They would get overwritten with the new set, that would be the smartest thing. But you know GF, they could just make it random like "speed ties".
  15. Mocha

Mocha

Hmm you know...

Maybe instead of ParaBurnFreeze spikes causing status, maybe they can simply cause residual damage, like being hit by Sandstorm every turn. Course, they would probably have to limit the number of turns the Pokemon will get hit by the spikes. Infinite residual damage would be pretty dumb... we already have Hail and Sandstorm for that anyway.

Also, if those spikes counted as super effective moves, then Freeze Spikes would be retarded. Imagine switching in your Salamence to Stealth Rock + Freeze Spikes. Good-bye health... even more so if he's carrying a Life Orb.
  16. b2j135

b2j135

OOOOOOOOH don't you give me any ideas!
    mmm...Elemental Rocks...op as fuck Ice Rocks would instakill on ground/dragon, dragon/flying, ground/flying, grass/ground and grass/flying
    ooooooh...brainstorming time
  17. Magistrum

is an Artist

Paraspikes would spell the end of sweepers. Heck burn and freeze spikes are even more broken.

If there would be new entry hazards then i'd rather prefer a grass type [a la stealth vines or something] to somewhat minimize drizzle/sandstorm users.
  18. Mocha

Mocha

Lol xD

The game would be so offensive oriented, it's not even funny - and it already kind was with 5th gen. Then again, it has potential to become a stall war too.

So like, in comes Toxicroak, in the rain, Dry Skin, with a Substitute, Black Sludge, Drain Punch - and across the field are some spikes of choice. Can you imagine how infuriating it would be to fight that thing? Or Gliscor with his trademark Substitute + Poison Heal + Protect stall? The game could go two ways - an infuriating stall game, or an incredibly fast paced sweep. This would be so game changing to competitive play, albeit fun to try out.

Oh and they would have to add a crapload of new Rapid Spin users too.
  19. MCG93

MCG93

Can we please stop talking about things that will never happen? SR was bad enough, and if GF learns even a little bit from its mistakes, it won't make any more broken entry hazards. Lets talk about something more plausible, like the possible eeveelutions and their stat spreads and what kind of roles you see them fulfilling in the metagame. Bulky Dragon(eon) with SubDD and good coverage? Fast fly(eon) with big attacking stats for a choiced U-turning set? How about brainstorming on this kinda thing instead of impossible hazards?
  20. Sciztar

Sciztar

I agree, I think around 5 Pokemon that OU material is the right amount to keep the meta game in balance
  21. Redjar

Redjar

If you wanna talk things that will most likely happen then Dragon Eeveelution (only Special stat left) will be great b/c of it's typing but outlcassed and most likely UU or RU. I predict physical sets as Glaceon and Espeon both have highest Spec Atk. It won't get dragon dance but a mixed Work Up set might work, but it would get walled. It'll suffer from a shallow movepool as most offensive Eeveelutions do.

EDIT: Bulky cleric (healbell I find to be plausible and/or wish) with Dragontail would be interesting.
  22. Magistrum

is an Artist

Eeveelutions, huh...i guess it's that time again since eeveelutions expand every 2 generations. If ever that "light-type" rumor be true, i'll bet a dollar or two for a light type eevee.
  23. Redjar

Redjar

I think the real reason for the Eevee hype is that Vergil character, the fact that his battle got pushed back past the time thatnGen6 was revealed and that tweet about how many eeveelutions there are.

If there was none of that there wouldn't be nearly as much Eeveelution hype.
  24. Fawfulmk-II

Fawfulmk-II

Absolutely agree-we need a priority electric type move,perferably a Special Attack. now that I think about it,"Thunder Jolt" isn't an official attackin the games, even though it's in the TCG and Smash....maybe it could be named that?
  25. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It'd be nice if GF added more fun things to get rid of hazards beyond rapid spin and poison ridding toxic spikes and defog being terrible

Like, Gust could rid the field of it. Hurricane could do likewise and maybe get a damage boost.
    A new move, Poltergiest, would be novel. Increase in power per entry hazard on the field.

Rapid spin would still have its niche by being the only one to get rid of the hazards on your side of the field rather than everyone's
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)