1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

Why would you want missingno in the games for real
    If you legitimise missingno it goes against the point of missingno
  2. cantab

cantab

It's pretty evident MissingNo isn't going to appear in any future games or other media, for all its fan popularity.
  3. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

Hmm... The Amblypygid looks like a cool robotic spider with an infrared eye! If not Bug/Dark, I see this being part Steel easily!

Also, I just had a thought - I've been saying for a while that we need a Normal/Ghost pokemon, but d'you know what'd be great to base him on?
    Show Hide

[​IMG]

Cheesy or doubtful as it sounds, you can't deny that it'd be an interesting concept! I mean, is his story really that different from about half of the existing pokedex entries for Ghost types?
    Plus, it could be linked to Yamask in some way. Namely, the human corpse from which Yamask took its face!
  4. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Excuse me if I am wrong, but would such items make the holder Taunt-bait?
  5. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

It could be altered to only allow damaging moves every other turn, I suppose.
    That said, there are very few walls who aren't Taunt bait already
  6. shockwave527

shockwave527

(This is something I hate to bring up, but a quick thing about new types. Not saying they'll put in new types, but…)

A type idea I've had is a tech type, and, if that ever happens, I could totally see them making a MissingNo shaped Ghost/Tech pokemon, given MissingNo's popularity. However, it probably would end up with a different name, like Glytch or something.
  7. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Yeah, but...why would you use it? I'd see a possibility of a bait-and-switch wall with Toxic, but that would get predicted and countered rather quickly.
  8. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

Admittedly these item ideas are far from perfect, but the idea for its best possible usage I had in my head was something along the lines of "Toxic, attack, Recover, attack, Recover, etc.
    If the item increased both defenses by 30% instead of just one of them, that may make it harder to counter, too.
  9. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

That's a wonderful idea, and to be fair, some abilities are ridiculous (huge power, natural cure and regenerator anyone?) In my view, there should be more useful abilities, that are situational but are excellent when triggered, like defiant or moxie. My idea would be:
    Marauder: pokemon gets a 25%/10%/50% decrease to damage after performing a damaging move (or status move, not sure). The point is it would be a pokemon centered around either status or damage, so it would need to use a technique (such as a highly inaccurate sleep or very weak move) it has an issue using in exchange for a quick defensive boost. I'd see this as having a period of cooldown, like three turns, or simply being one-use per switch in.
  10. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

If the choice items were proposed only today, they would sound rather ridiculous too. Yes, taunt would force them out just like how everything that resists fighting forces out Scizor when it uses Superpower.
  11. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Actually you could use the Glass Plate and Metal Plate in the place of the Choice items with Trick Pokemon. I could see that use being utterly devastating as it would completely cripple any offense-based Pokemon if you switched the item onto them. They would be forced to non-damaging moves or struggle depending. They would be this way for the rest of the battle. You win, regardless
  12. cantab

cantab

Considering the harshness of the downside, the defense boost should be 50% I reckon. Possibly one item for both stats. Then it starts to become seriously worth it.
  13. smileydude689

smileydude689

Sort of got inspiration from the Peacock example, but what do you guys think about Gender-specific abilities? For example, peacocks can have cute charm or intimidate, while peafowls have oblivious or big pecks.
  14. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

Not if they suck man, not if they suck. I don't know a lot about peafowls, but I think a better ability would be unaware, as oblivious is truly overdone. Also, not big pecks, but maybe cute charm for females? The males are going to be more intimidating after all.
  15. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!
    is a Pre-Contributor

Holy wow just wow. This would be an amazing new ability with UTILITY rather than focus on power and speed. However, this could hurt stall as now glass cannons (HO) can switch-in freely. Imagine if Deo-A got this. Wow. Good idea!

Also, in regards to the Glass Plate/Metal Brace idea, I think this would make Taunt and Substitute users (does Sub block Trick?) go through the roof as well as make the metagame a lot more stall-based. Also, an interesting gimmick would to have 6 Trick users with the plates. If they can't block your Trick (say an all-out attacker or a Choice item user), they're screwed.
  16. shockwave527

shockwave527

Idea on this:
    You know the little doll that they use for substitute?

What if…
    That was an actual pokemon
    And this was it's ability
  17. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

FYI Peafowl isn't the female equivalent of a peacock. The word you're looking for is peahen. Peafowl encompasses both.
  18. yoshinite

yoshinite

This might be a little late but there are little pincers that both Venos share so I seriously doubt that theory, as I've heard it on other pokemon sites.
    EDIT: Also the hands turn into little lines.
  19. Yveltal

Yveltal

Evolution in the games is more of a metamorphosis. A complete metamorphosis IRL is when the animal, in it's adult stage, looks completely different from when it was a child. This behavior is most commonly found amongst BUGS.
    And that's reason #1 why I hate that venonat->Butterfree theory.
  20. shockwave527

shockwave527

Yeah, especially with the fact that some could say Butterfree was the first pokemon.

You guys know how the idea for Pokemon began?
    The creator loved to watch a certain animal as a kid. You know what animal?
    BUTTERFLIES. AND THEIR THREE STAGES OF METAMORPHOSIS.

So I HIGHLY doubt that butterfree isn't part of that line, as that was probably one of the first ideas.
  21. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Considering the roots in bug fighting it's weird how long it took for the type to become, like, useful
    In any way
  22. Yveltal

Yveltal

Lol, he said "bug fighting". I was always so sure that Heracross must have been a wet dream in-progress for Tajiri ever since its creation.
  23. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Whether or not you're correct, your reasoning is riddled with inaccuracies.

The first bug-types created were scyther / Pinsir, but even then, they took a damn long while to add them into the code - they're the 26th and 29th mons, respectively; Rhydon and Kangaskhan are far earlier in the code. Butterfree is at the 125th index. The fact that Pinsir is early in the code is not surprising given that it strongly resembles a stag beetle (a common fighting bug in japan).

Additionally, although Satoshi Tajiri was a fan of bugs, he was not specifically interested in metamorphosis - he was just an avid collector.

(this still doesn't explain why the bug type has largely been absolute shit for most gens)
  24. kazzafan

kazzafan

After warching the Sylveon vs Umbreon video did anyone think like
    Sylveon : I have already taken your spot as the best Eevelution , and now I would like to destroy you ! ( All this with that crrepy smile . A bit late I know but I had exams ! )
  25. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I love this speculation that Sylveon is better than Umbreon, all based off a measly video. Umbreon is and always will be the most awesome Evelution without a doubt. It will take more than ribbons and a creepy smile to derail the Alpha of the Evee.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)