1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharkopath

Sharkopath

A Bird of Paradise Pokémon would be amazing.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  2. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

Oh I thought you mean the plant, Bird of Paradise
    [​IMG]
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I could see gamefreak putting the two together into a Grass/Flying bird
  4. cantab

cantab

Bird of Paradise would have been a great candidate for pure flying, since the bird was often presented as a gift with its feet chopped off because they were considered ugly. I guess it still could be pure flying, but that kind of feels like Tornadus's gimmick now.
  5. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

It is surprising it took so long for GameFreak to create a single pure Flying-type. As far as I am aware, Tornadus is the only one.
  6. Magcargo 2

Magcargo 2
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Arceus-flying technically counts, but it did take gamefreak a long time to create a mono flying type. Although this will most likely never happen, I hope gamefreak makes missingno an actual pokemon. Its probably never going to happen.
  7. mcFlareon

mcFlareon

I always thought a Peacock would make a good Grass/Flying. Except instead of those eyes on the feathers it could be berries and it would have Harvest and have high Special Defense. (or the berries have eyes and it's second ability is Intimidate).

Speaking of birds, how about a Woodpecker pokemon with Skill Think. Fury Attack is a given but they could give it Bullet Seed and maybe an exclusive Flying-type multi-hit move. Could also see it using Drill Peck, that move needs to be given to movepools more.
  8. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

give it 150 Base Attack and lets go
  9. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Right...I totally blanked on Arceus, because I think of it as the Normal Forme. It would be fantastic if they were to legitimize MissingNo. I loved getting to find it in R/B, plus it was just an awesome Pokemon all together
  10. cantab

cantab

Could be a new Heatmor/Durant pairing, a woodpecker Pokemon and a tree one. We've had trees before of course, but only twice, there's room for another.
  11. Krabmeat

Krabmeat

I always thought that if Missingno. were made official, it'd be something like a cloud of nanobots floating around.

So, I just tried scaling it's stats to see what it'd be like as a 600BST mon. I left attack out since that was already great, used the RB values for HP, SpA and Spe, and the Y values for Def and SpD.

The result was 150/136/50/27/105/132.

Miiight needs those special stats switched.
  12. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Metal Brace:Increases def by 30% but prevents use of damaging attacks.
    Glass Plate:Increases spd 30% but prevents use of damaging attacks.

Something like that.
  13. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

Why would you want missingno in the games for real
    If you legitimise missingno it goes against the point of missingno
  14. cantab

cantab

It's pretty evident MissingNo isn't going to appear in any future games or other media, for all its fan popularity.
  15. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

Hmm... The Amblypygid looks like a cool robotic spider with an infrared eye! If not Bug/Dark, I see this being part Steel easily!

Also, I just had a thought - I've been saying for a while that we need a Normal/Ghost pokemon, but d'you know what'd be great to base him on?
    Show Hide

[​IMG]

Cheesy or doubtful as it sounds, you can't deny that it'd be an interesting concept! I mean, is his story really that different from about half of the existing pokedex entries for Ghost types?
    Plus, it could be linked to Yamask in some way. Namely, the human corpse from which Yamask took its face!
  16. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Excuse me if I am wrong, but would such items make the holder Taunt-bait?
  17. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

It could be altered to only allow damaging moves every other turn, I suppose.
    That said, there are very few walls who aren't Taunt bait already
  18. shockwave527

shockwave527

(This is something I hate to bring up, but a quick thing about new types. Not saying they'll put in new types, but…)

A type idea I've had is a tech type, and, if that ever happens, I could totally see them making a MissingNo shaped Ghost/Tech pokemon, given MissingNo's popularity. However, it probably would end up with a different name, like Glytch or something.
  19. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Yeah, but...why would you use it? I'd see a possibility of a bait-and-switch wall with Toxic, but that would get predicted and countered rather quickly.
  20. Bearded Dragonite

Bearded Dragonite

Admittedly these item ideas are far from perfect, but the idea for its best possible usage I had in my head was something along the lines of "Toxic, attack, Recover, attack, Recover, etc.
    If the item increased both defenses by 30% instead of just one of them, that may make it harder to counter, too.
  21. Bashfrog

Bashfrog

That's a wonderful idea, and to be fair, some abilities are ridiculous (huge power, natural cure and regenerator anyone?) In my view, there should be more useful abilities, that are situational but are excellent when triggered, like defiant or moxie. My idea would be:
    Marauder: pokemon gets a 25%/10%/50% decrease to damage after performing a damaging move (or status move, not sure). The point is it would be a pokemon centered around either status or damage, so it would need to use a technique (such as a highly inaccurate sleep or very weak move) it has an issue using in exchange for a quick defensive boost. I'd see this as having a period of cooldown, like three turns, or simply being one-use per switch in.
  22. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

If the choice items were proposed only today, they would sound rather ridiculous too. Yes, taunt would force them out just like how everything that resists fighting forces out Scizor when it uses Superpower.
  23. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Actually you could use the Glass Plate and Metal Plate in the place of the Choice items with Trick Pokemon. I could see that use being utterly devastating as it would completely cripple any offense-based Pokemon if you switched the item onto them. They would be forced to non-damaging moves or struggle depending. They would be this way for the rest of the battle. You win, regardless
  24. cantab

cantab

Considering the harshness of the downside, the defense boost should be 50% I reckon. Possibly one item for both stats. Then it starts to become seriously worth it.
  25. smileydude689

smileydude689

Sort of got inspiration from the Peacock example, but what do you guys think about Gender-specific abilities? For example, peacocks can have cute charm or intimidate, while peafowls have oblivious or big pecks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)