Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

Deoxys having multiple forms was a cool concept that fit the Pokemon and was actually an exciting difference between R/S/Fr/Lg/E.

Why did they ever decide to make more? I find it retarded to this day.
  2. b2j135

b2j135

Originality is SO 1998, form changes are the new bread and butter ;)
  3. Layell

Layell Alas poor Giro, I knew him... Model X... Model Z...
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Sprite Leader

My main issue with the design is that Mewtwo for a large part has the same silhouette as Mew, neck tube aside that is what was always really cool. Mewtwo has an iconic design aspect about him so it's really scary to see scalp rings and head tails. There better be a really good alternate stat spread if this is the real deal.
  4. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Fake or not, it gives us some nice speculation material nonetheless. Let's face it, if it hadn't been for Mr. XY and his likes, this thread would have been locked twice already.

I also wonder where they want to go with this, if legit. An alternate forme of Mewtwo should, by the rules of decent design, have something Mewtwo doesn't. There should be something distinguishing it from its regular counterpart. Thing is: What doesn't Mewtwo have? All its stats, with the possible exception of its defenses, would be godly on their own in the lower tiers. It has a titanic movepool. Its abilities are so-so, but any boost to them would have to be counterbalanced by a giant stat nerf to avoid complete brokenness. Mewtwo is already dealt most of the good cards in Pokémon, and remains among the very best 'mons in the game almost twenty years after its debut.

They could swap around its physical and special stats, but the change would hardly be that notable for any purposes but competitive battling. It hits like a truck anyway, and its physical and special defense are the same. It doesn't specialize much in anything, at least not to the extent that one aspect is downplayed at the expense of something else. It's hard to find something that could be swapped around to create a "counterpart" to Mewtwo. It would have to work on a completely different (and unrelated) basis, in which case I question the need to make it a forme at all and not just a new Pokémon altogether.
    You could argue that Mewtwo seems to be offensively inclined, so the new Forme should be defensive, but that sounds an awful lot like Deoxys all over again, just with a slightly more balanced stat spread.

Perhaps the change is purely cosmetic? If so, this one doesn't have much going for it, urging you to select it over the badass-looking original forme.

I think it will be interesting to see how GameFreak - or whoever made it up - has been thinking about this. Either way, I'm pretty sure that it will kick ass.
  5. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

To me it screams "younger" Mewtwo. So maybe its some kind of weaker forme? That seems kind of an odd move though.. Who knows, I'm excited to find out though
  6. Unoriginal Name

Unoriginal Name

I doubt that that is real. If you look, it has the JAP BWB2W2 tags on the bottom. I doubt they'd release an alternate form event Pokemon just a few weeks after announcing Gen VI, especially one that screws with a classic. If it was a new Gen VI form, they would probably have the JAP XY tags at the bottom.

If it is real, though... Meh. The new little... What's it called... "Thing" over the head extending out looks coolish, but the "tail" thing coming out of the bottom ruins the sprite, if you know what I mean.
  7. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

also i'm pretty sure there were no new sprites for mewtwo whatsoever in dumped BW2 roms
  8. Blazi

Blazi

There are only a few which I really like and which are also not unnecessary, examples are Deoxys and Rotom. New forms for "old" Pokemon started to grow old for me since Platinum. Skymin doesn't even look like Shaymin imo and the transformation method is even weirder. Give it a flower (it already has one?) and it changes into some flying reindeer of whatever it is. But of course Platinum "only" introduced two new forms iirc so I couldn't complain. But with BW(2), we got seven new forms (not including Basculin and Sawsbuck). Way too much and the Therians didn't even need it. I'm also a bit afraid that Gamefreak will continue with fusions like Kyurem-B and -W. That's literally the only thing I don't want in the games, being able to fuse random pokemon together, so hopefully that doesn't happen in the future.

/rant. :(
  9. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

If I were to guess, concerning the BW/2 tags underneath, they'll pull a "Shiny Legendary Beasts" on us and give us a Mewtwo for BW/2 (Mewtwo giveaway is already confirmed) which will change Forme upon transfer to XY. The alternate forme Mewtwo would then be distributed again some time later in Gen. VI.
  10. Seth Vilo

Seth Vilo

Looking where the legs are supposed to kind be, there appear to be two things much like his head "spoiler". With those angles, they also look very not... biological. Those angles look in a way like Mewtwo ate one of the Genesect on the loose and pulled a Kirby. Since they're spoilers, as well as the now more streamlined head+tail thing, if the stats do change it looks like Speed will be amplified. However, in the trailer video, Mewtwo did outspeed E-Speed Genesect as it was charging Ash almost with time to spare, so that my not be true at all... XD

I should be studying for the test I have in an hour... but... no.
  11. Exbo

Exbo

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Ok guys party is over, we had some fun, let's now wait till sunday's smash.

Btw if you are not yet convinced, look at the fake new poster at Mewthree Mewtwo's supposed new form at the chest and compare the outline with Charizard.
  12. Farrac

Farrac

I call fake. Look at this:
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Oh, freaking ninja'd XD

So why is Serebii still saying its uncorfimed?
  13. Infernis

Infernis

Because Serebii Joe is not a timelord and cannot do everything in an instant. I'm glad that MewThree(?) thing was disproved, it was ugly as fuck. Though a headtail and fronttail are both really weird anyway. Seth Vilo's speculation about it being a 'speed form' was pretty well thought out, though. 154 Speed to match that 154 SpA would be ridiculous.

So, a random thought over our hiatus: Sawk's face thing looks like a Z, and Throh's face thing looks a bit like a Y. Sure, they could be a backwards S and a T, but what if they're not and oh my goodness there's an X on both of their foreheads. And they match the version mascot colors. (Yeah, yeah.) Maybe they'll evolve into Xerneas and Yveltal. :naughty:
  14. Farrac

Farrac

Oh, God, we so need to lock this thread again ASAP
  15. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers BUT THERE ARE DREAMS THAT CANNOT BEEEEEEEE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Wait I don't get you. What did prove this was a fake
  16. Exbo

Exbo

1) Apart from "Mewthree", the two posters are identical.
    2) What I said 5 posts above.

I hate it too that there are no actual news, but Sunday is close.

EDIT: Not "prove", "convince" is more like it.
  17. b2j135

b2j135

Also, Headtail Mewtwo looks A LOT like this guy
    [​IMG]
    It just MIGHT be fake...we don't know for sure BUT KEEP THE THREAD UP!
  18. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

19. Farrac

Farrac

Maybe the author knew about this and thought that people would believe him/her this way. It's a little far-fetched, I know, but my common sense keeps telling me that this is fake.
  20. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

If it IS fake, the faker certainly went to a lot of trouble for it.

I mean, those images are printed on physical objects (Two types of bags my guess; the first being on those heavy duty reusable bags and the second on a regular old plastic bag). There's no obvious flaws in how the different elements are blended either, and the mewthree or w/e design does have the Pokemon "style" to it, if you know what I mean. Furthermore, if it IS a fake it's clearly based off an official poster... one which no one saw until AFTER the fake one was realeased. This means that only a very small number of people with access to the poster before release could have done the fake, making it much less likely.

And the existence of an alternate poster doesn't necessarily prove anything either way, as ElectivireRocks demonstrated.

We're just going to have to wait for further confirmation or more solid proof disproving it. Honestly, given all the evidence... I'm inclined to believe that it is real. It certainly could be fake but there's a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest that it isn't. In any case we won't know for sure for a little while yet. We'll just have to be patient for a bit longer.
  21. PME

PME

Yea, i agree, the first thing I noted when I went on Serebii is that, "This looks exactly the same as the last poster, I see no new images." Regardless, I don't really have any qualms about this form if it were true, if it had any more "new" images, then I would have given it the benefit of the doubt.
  22. Exbo

Exbo

Compare Mewthree's chest with Charizard. The outlines.
    But yes, it IS a really good fake. (If it is real well damn)
  23. Farrac

Farrac

Well, do we really know if no one saw the poster before? Maybe it was just ignored because it didn't offer anything special.

Anyway, in case this is fake (which is what I think, but it's also likely to be real it seems) it sure is one of those fakes we appreciate in these times, just like Mr.XY. Hell, thanks to it we have even unlocked this thread.
  24. Layell

Layell Alas poor Giro, I knew him... Model X... Model Z...
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Sprite Leader

What worries me is this page and the two hexes under Mewtwo which correspond to the different Genesect drive formes under the red Genesect. I wouldn't be surprised if on saturday there are new images up for this new version.
  25. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

:D We're back!

I actually think that the new Mewtwo forme could be real. With Genesect being a mutation, maybe Team Plasma does some more experiments.

In addition, it's close enough to the next generation it could definitely be real.

Also, excited for some new news finally on Sunday. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)