1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infernis

Infernis

Because Serebii Joe is not a timelord and cannot do everything in an instant. I'm glad that MewThree(?) thing was disproved, it was ugly as fuck. Though a headtail and fronttail are both really weird anyway. Seth Vilo's speculation about it being a 'speed form' was pretty well thought out, though. 154 Speed to match that 154 SpA would be ridiculous.

So, a random thought over our hiatus: Sawk's face thing looks like a Z, and Throh's face thing looks a bit like a Y. Sure, they could be a backwards S and a T, but what if they're not and oh my goodness there's an X on both of their foreheads. And they match the version mascot colors. (Yeah, yeah.) Maybe they'll evolve into Xerneas and Yveltal. :naughty:
  2. Farrac

Farrac

Oh, God, we so need to lock this thread again ASAP
  3. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Wait I don't get you. What did prove this was a fake
  4. Exbo

Exbo

1) Apart from "Mewthree", the two posters are identical.
    2) What I said 5 posts above.

I hate it too that there are no actual news, but Sunday is close.

EDIT: Not "prove", "convince" is more like it.
  5. b2j135

b2j135

Also, Headtail Mewtwo looks A LOT like this guy
    [​IMG]
    It just MIGHT be fake...we don't know for sure BUT KEEP THE THREAD UP!
  6. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

7. Farrac

Farrac

Maybe the author knew about this and thought that people would believe him/her this way. It's a little far-fetched, I know, but my common sense keeps telling me that this is fake.
  8. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

If it IS fake, the faker certainly went to a lot of trouble for it.

I mean, those images are printed on physical objects (Two types of bags my guess; the first being on those heavy duty reusable bags and the second on a regular old plastic bag). There's no obvious flaws in how the different elements are blended either, and the mewthree or w/e design does have the Pokemon "style" to it, if you know what I mean. Furthermore, if it IS a fake it's clearly based off an official poster... one which no one saw until AFTER the fake one was realeased. This means that only a very small number of people with access to the poster before release could have done the fake, making it much less likely.

And the existence of an alternate poster doesn't necessarily prove anything either way, as ElectivireRocks demonstrated.

We're just going to have to wait for further confirmation or more solid proof disproving it. Honestly, given all the evidence... I'm inclined to believe that it is real. It certainly could be fake but there's a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest that it isn't. In any case we won't know for sure for a little while yet. We'll just have to be patient for a bit longer.
  9. PME

PME

Yea, i agree, the first thing I noted when I went on Serebii is that, "This looks exactly the same as the last poster, I see no new images." Regardless, I don't really have any qualms about this form if it were true, if it had any more "new" images, then I would have given it the benefit of the doubt.
  10. Exbo

Exbo

Compare Mewthree's chest with Charizard. The outlines.
    But yes, it IS a really good fake. (If it is real well damn)
  11. Farrac

Farrac

Well, do we really know if no one saw the poster before? Maybe it was just ignored because it didn't offer anything special.

Anyway, in case this is fake (which is what I think, but it's also likely to be real it seems) it sure is one of those fakes we appreciate in these times, just like Mr.XY. Hell, thanks to it we have even unlocked this thread.
  12. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Bolin!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

What worries me is this page and the two hexes under Mewtwo which correspond to the different Genesect drive formes under the red Genesect. I wouldn't be surprised if on saturday there are new images up for this new version.
  13. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

:D We're back!

I actually think that the new Mewtwo forme could be real. With Genesect being a mutation, maybe Team Plasma does some more experiments.

In addition, it's close enough to the next generation it could definitely be real.

Also, excited for some new news finally on Sunday. :D
  14. b2j135

b2j135

OH SHIT GOOD FIND!
    Now that is DEFINITELY INTERESTING! Why would they leave those spaces blank? Cannot be purely cosmetic...but...why are there two?
    MAYBE THIS IS TRUE AFTER ALL!
  15. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

We've known since basically the first trailer with Mewtwo that he was likely to get a new forme.
    It's why this has any credibility at all.
  16. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

I'm reminded of 02 from Kirby 64 in a very good way. If people don't like the design, they don't have to use it. The more options we all have, the better.

And you realize that poster has been edited 2 times now right? The original didn't have Mewtwo, then another came out that had Mewtwo and the full title of the movie, and now there's this one with the new forme. Just wait for the official say-so on this one because you really can't debunk this one easily.

I'm still waiting on Baby Mewtwo tho. You know, the Mewtwo from the portion of the first movie that they cut out of the localized versions (probably because Amber and the 3 other clones die) that explained why Mewtwo was vengeful against humans instead of just looking like a giant asshat, angry for no reason, for the entire film.
    [​IMG]
    Who wouldn't love a tiny Mewtwo?
  17. Menorka

Menorka

If this is real, it's probably the worst decision the pokemon team has taken so far. Why screw with the classics? Mewtwo is perfect as is.

..it DOES look real though. Why would anyone go through all this trouble and create such a well-made metwo-form when everyone knows we're expecting new pokemon saturday?
  18. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

Why screw with the classics? They do that every game with adding moves/abilities to them and sometimes even evolutions/Pre Evolutions.
  19. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Responses: B2j, possibly.

Katakiri, i would.

Menorka, Either it's legit or it's not and if not, because logic???
  20. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

For the same reason anyone makes fake scans when we're expecting new stuff.

The worst part is going to be this Saturday. There's no guarantee that Masuda will show anything from the movie (and I don't think any of the Smash previews mentioned movie news), but that doesn't immidieatly discredit it because then it could wind up being a CoroCoro exclusive.
  21. cantab

cantab

I really hope this is either fake or not Mewtwo. (Like it's actually a Genesect Forme or something.) Because if Game Freak truly have messed with Mewtwo, the Genwunners will be worse than ever before.
  22. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I assume the boys over at Serebii know how to handle situations like this. Hopefully, they'll keep everyone calm and ready (to the greatest extent).
  23. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

Wait, what? The trailer didn't say anything about a new Mewtwo forme.
    Old legendaries being featured in the last movie of the current generation isn't exactly a new thing: we got Mew in the Lucario movie (last movie of Gen 3) and Celebi/beast trio in the Zoroark one (last movie of Gen 4).
    None of them got a new forme or anything, so there was no reason to think Mewtwo was getting one.
    And of course this wasn't something everyone saw coming from a mile away like Kyurem's formes.
    There were absolutely no hints until now.

They did say something about Mewtwo's "true power", but that could have been Psystrike or even Hurricane (which Mewtwo got as an event move).
  24. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I'm a "Genwunner" and I have no issue at all with the thought of old stuff getting new forms. It does absolutely nothing to the original, other than expand on what was already a great concept.

I'm also one of the few "genwunners" that actually realizes gamefreak has continued to create great designs all through every gen and I'm not blinded to some untrue and stupid belief that things have changed and only gen 1 and 2 had good designs.

I'm completely fine with that image being a new Mewtwo form. Looks accurate and proper for Pokemon artwork. If it's not, no big deal.
  25. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Almost forgot, LET THE SHITSTORM BEGIN let the discussions be plentiful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)