1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

I wouldn't assume that there's a special Mewtwo event coded into the Gen V games that nobody's noticed up to now. The coders/programmers that take apart the game's coding are pretty liberal, lol. Maybe a better exapmle would have been the shiny legendary beasts that triggered the Zoroark event in the Lostlorn , if we're talking about having a sole utility ^_^
  2. shockwave527

shockwave527

My guess is not an event in the Gen V games but this hurricane mewtwo, when brought to XY, either is able to form change or unlocks something new, as the special celebii did Zorua.
  3. Vashimus

Vashimus

They're Pokemon shaped like the alphabet. FASCINATING!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, the only worthwhile thing Unown has ever done was introduce Hidden Power. But hey, if you like it for the waste of cartridge space that it is, more power to you.

My point is the popularity of Mewtwo dwarfs that of Unown's. Of course people would be passionate (whether against it or not) about there being a new form for him. If Gen 6 added Unown forms for &, %, $, @, and #....whoopdy fucking do?

But if there were new forms for the legendary birds though? You know people would be all over that.
  4. kaps

kaps

oh hey, I'm in Houston too

we just made a connection :)
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

Uhmm, the point was never whether or not the popularity of any Pokemon deems it relevent to the discussion?
    The fact of the matter is that, while no legendary Pokemon (as determined by the fanbase for the most part) hasn't received a form change outside of its original generation, saying that Game Freak would never give an old Pokemon a new form in another generation is downright wrong. Any old Pokemon that get something new in this generation is important to speculation. If it's Mewtwo getting a form change, great. If there's going to be an ampersam Unown, great. Those kinds of choices are meant to have some relevancy to the theme of GenSixLand, to write it off because of favoritism and implied patterns is foolish. If we get a dollar sign Unown, you can bet your skittles it's going to generate a lot of fluff-oriented discussion.
    Speaking of Unown and implied patterns, Unown was important in both of the even generations. Unown was also available in Gen III, which is half of VI. The only two generations where Unown wasn't present were Gen V and Gen I, which add up to VI. Does Unown have a chance of getting into the regional Pokedex? Multiplication is more powerful than addition, so signs point to a hashtag form for Unown! :P
  6. Dia

Dia

That thing is uglier than Courtney Love.
  7. Lugiatina

Lugiatina

[​IMG]

If someone could translate the Japanese text, that would be nice.

It seems like when they mentioned perfect IVs to Serebii, they really only meant Sp. Atk and Speed. All the other stats have random IVs. I can also see that the Mewtwo shown has a Timid nature based on the stats, but the nature could be random anyways. If one was to RNG it, it could be a spread with flawless HP, Defense, and Sp. Defense since Sp. Atk and Speed are fixed and Attack isn't important anyways. Makes it much easier to find a flawless spread for this thing.
  8. Pikachuu

Pikachuu

perceived sketch of this new Mewtwo forme (open)
    [​IMG]

Discuss. Personally I'm loving this new Mewtwo form at first I hated it though now I would be dissapointed if it turned to be fake.
  9. Magcargo 2

Magcargo 2
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

I bet you it will be more defensive.
  10. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

I really don't like this new mewtwo :/ If it is real, least favorite pokemon ever. The dam trash bag looks better..... Ug....I want the new eevee's typing...not tail head
  11. coffeecup

coffeecup

I'm not surprised that this new Mewtwo form exists, honestly. It somewhat correlates to Electivire from Gen IV and how people reacted to that pokemon when it was introduced. From a game design perspective, they probably felt like Electabuzz didn't really do much so they wanted to use its evolution as an opportunity to showcase new Gen IV mechanics (the splitting of attack type from attack stat).

I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo #2 here is a similar situation. If I was a game designer looking at Mewtwo, I'd notice that its typing is pretty generic these days and it doesn't have an interesting/useful ability at all befitting a pokemon as popular as Mewtwo. It sure has all the moves and base stats to make craters, but by now, there have been more creative designs of Legendary Pokemon. By giving Mewtwo another form, I think that indicates that Gamefreak feels that Mewtwo became a stale pokemon for its popularity.

The questions I have are what new mechanics are employed by this pokemon to differentiate it from the original, and what mechanic changes Mewtwo's form. These are sort of difficult to speculate on without context though.
  12. JoshuaMunoz

JoshuaMunoz

It doesn't look appealing at all, hopefully it's an April fools joke..
  13. Vashimus

Vashimus

Oh hush.

Let's just talk about how funny looking that Mewtwo form looks.
  14. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

(note: Going to call new form Mewthree just as shorthand, doesn't mean I necessarily think it IS Mewthree.)

The bit with part of ash being visible in this one doesn't actually prove anything unfortunately, since there are other versions of that image floating around (http://pokebeach.com/ has them conveniently collected in one place) that have all the bits of Ash shown in the Mewthree image. The rest of the elements check out too; I can't determine conclusively that there are any elements in that image that have no appeared elsewhere other than the obvious Mewthree.

However there are other interesting things to notice. In that image on the left hand side you can clearly see the edge of what appears to be the same poster more or less (this one shares the same backround). However some of the foreground elements are different (the Eevee image for example). Also, slightly more of Genesect is in-frame in that image too.

What this suggests is that the individual elements of this image have been placed in individually and moved around. This is the same for all the posters and images. The Ash bit and all the characters following him are all one element (they appear the same in all the images), the red genesect is another. The only different elements are the various foreground texts and stuff, the backgrounds, and in this poster only the Mewtwo element the others share is replaced with Mewthree. Also, none of the elements have the exact same parts of them covered by foreground elements as in any of the other versions of those images I have found. This suggest that the person who made this poster had direct access to these elements. While it is possible they painstakingly cut them out of other images and pieced them together to fill whatever gaps were left by foreground elements, it does make it seem much more likely that whoever made these images had direct access to the original elements.

This suggests that whoever made this poster is directly involved with producing the promotional material for this movie. While we can't say for certain that this is the case, it certainly does seem that way. This leads me to three possible explanations.

1) It's the real deal, someone got leaked promotional materials. Perhaps damaged items that were discarded, given the poor quality of the print and the poor condition of the materials in the pictures.

2) It's an April fools joke by one of the makers of the promotional material themselves. Seems unlikely though, as if that was the case why would they bother printing it out when they could just post it directly online? And why would the materials its printed on be so heavily damaged? And why haven't we heard from them about it being a joke yet? After all April Fools is long over now.

3) Some person who has way too much time, resources and money on their hands painstakingly edited together not one but TWO fake posters in perfect Japanese, including one that we only see the very edge of, and THEN made a 3rd image from scratch, THEN printed them out on two different kinds of unknown material using what'd have to be specialized printing equipment (certainly not using your standard inkjet printer), THEN damaged both materials and took a photos of them. While not outside of the realm of possibility, it certainly does seem like a long-shot.

So I'm forced to conclude that these are most likely genuine. Sorry to all those who don't like the new design, but I'm trying to be as impartial as I can here. I can find no reason why this cannot be real, and a lot of things that make it pretty unlikely to be a fake. A purely logical analysis of the situation says that it's real.

I don't really much care for the design either, at least not at first glance, but it is what it is. Wishing and grasping at straws won't change that.
  15. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

That's an image of the ticket, you can find the exact thing on the official website, just fyi
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

I do have one teensy nitpick regarding images on the official website. Ash's jacket isn't as nicely creased inward on the website as it is on those posters where his chest is visible, and I can't understand why they would use a less graphically intensive image online instead of in print. The rest of it looks exactly the same, there's not a highlight out of place.
    Mewthree/Majin-Mewtwo/Tokyo-New-Mewtwo kind of reminds me of Sariel from El Shaddai.

Edit-I was checking out the japanese site some more, and there's a page that shows this:[​IMG]
    You can click on either Mewtwo or Genesect, and a new tab will appear in the window with information on the Pokemon. There's a blurb for Mewtwo, a blurb for the extremespeed Genesect, and a blurb for the other four genesects all in one. As you click through the info blurbs, there's one that I think makes an obligatory statement about the world of Pokemon with an accompanying picture of some random Pokemon, then there's one with all of Ash, Iris and Cilan's Pokemon together, and then there's one for Sableye. Just Sableye. Check it out, and lemme know what you all think: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php
  17. CAPS alt

CAPS alt

Maybe this mewtwo form introduces the fairy type. Also regarding the new eevee form I am 99% sure that it isn't a dragon type because dragons are reserved mostly for extremely rare and mystical/strong pokemon.
  18. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

uh basically it just says that it has a level of 100 and a special attack / speed of over 300, it's got 2 of the highest idkwtf amongst all pokemon, destructive power, etc
    the last sentence is something like "experience the power of mewtwo today!" or some weird crap

yeah my jap is horrible but i think this is roughly what it means :X
    don't quote me on this
  19. elchupo

elchupo

Regardless of whether this Mewtwo forme is fake or real (I'm praying that it's fake) GameFreak need to STOP.WITH.THE.FORMES.

Seriously, it was fine when it was y'know, new and a novelty, but having nearly every damn legendary introduced in a gen have a different "forme" is just overkill. Like what even is the point? What makes such Pokemon so special that they deserve two different stat spreads? And whenever there's such little difference between them aesthetically, like with Keldeo and Keldeo-R.

Truthfully for me, this is right up there with ugly cross-generation evolutions that is giving me the opinion that GF are inching closer and closer to "jumping the shark" with every passing gen.

I like the fact that this "forme" has drawn quite bitter opposition, so GF can hopefully, y'know, listen to the feedback and fucking STOP.
  20. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    Underused Leader

or you could stop being mad at formes for no reason

that mewtwo looks legit i hope its weaker so we can actually use it in ou

oh and sylveon is probably a steel-type... sylver-eon y/n
  21. elchupo

elchupo

I can't actually tell if you're trolling because of that last line.

But anyway, I can surmise in bullet point the reasons from the previous post as to why I'm "mad at formes for no reason" (BTW, having reasons = opposite of having no reasons).

1)Overkill/Looses novelty/originality etc
    2)Little to no difference in appearance in some cases
    3)Why god why

I'm just not a fan of it becoming something that's "common". If it fits the Pokemon's theme/story/whatever (ala Deoxys/Giratina/Rotom) that's fine, but formes for formes sake (ala the vast majority of other Pokemon with formes) is just going to the well one too many times.
  22. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Don't use it then. No one would be forcing you to use it if it is real.
  23. CAPS alt

CAPS alt

The mewtwo forms could be meditate form(the one in the picture) with enhanced special attack and speed but lowered bulk and attack, and physical form with a lot of muscles(attack) along with good bulk but poor speed.
    Also if sound type was there I think it would be SE on steel(sonority), ghosts(scared by sounds, bullies themselves are cowards), dragons(don't have a good explanation here but would make it balanced. NVE on flying(the sound can't travel that far), rock(sound echoes off) and Psychic would be immune to it ecause they meditate and sound does not affect them. This would also give the types some baance by buffing the weaker defensive types.
  24. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

Sooo... are we getting any new gen VI pokemon this month or is it just the same recycled movie stuff with a few new elements here and there.
  25. b2j135

b2j135

no, and Mewtwo in OU gives me a psyduck level headache!
    Black Kyurem is bad enough, we don't need more pre-ubers into OU.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)