1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If I'm remembering from when these were translated, wht, last month? Whenever the site went live, anyway.
    Sabeleye is just saying it's one of the pokemon in the Park who's befriended Ash & co.
    The other two are likely just saying the gang's Pokemon shows up and the last one is the Pokemon of the park
  2. Infernis

Infernis

Rotom-S is in a lower tier than Rotom, and is a worse Pokemon in general despite having arguably better stats and some new and powerful moves. A new Mewtwo could gain some stats, but if it changes type to ice/flying (exaggeration), it's likely going down a peg.
  3. Gaburaisu

Gaburaisu

[​IMG]

So this pic was submitted to my tumblr on April 1st. Most likely fake (April Fools and all), but I was wondering if anyone had seen it before.
    Of course I have no source because it was sent to me, so sorry for that.
  4. b2j135

b2j135

whew this REAKS of photoshop...and actually pretty bad too...the shaders don't even MATCH! And what is it suppose to be? X & Y's Metapod?
  5. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

Still it isn't weaker. I'm not talking about the tiers or anything about competitive battling. Rotom-S is still stronger than normal Rotom. My point still stands.
  6. Infernis

Infernis

No, Rotom-S is weaker. That is why it is not used in RU and Rotom is. Its lack of ghost type cripples it, since Rotom itself would be useless without it. A Mewtwo form with a different stat spread may be stronger on paper, but be dealt with more easily by Ubers Pokemon than the original. Therefore it would not be as good. For example, if could have its bulk reduced to a degree that any Extremespeed can kill it despite having base 255 SpA and Speed. The prevalence of the Extreme Killer would thus bury its usage, or at least bring up the Arceus usage to counter it.
  7. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

He is speaking base stat wise. You are taking his words to competitively based. He is saying Rotom-S has higher base stats, and therefor is stronger in the sense of base stats. He is arguing that a new mewtwo forme would not have a lower base stat total then the current form.
  8. Yveltal

Yveltal

On the lighter side of speculation, I want a vampire squid Pokemon :3 Because of the way they evolved IRL, it could have decent speed and a lot of health.
  9. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Going way back to the original trailer... there's a scene where the female character is running across a bridge:

[​IMG]

Now, what do you see in this picture?

"Old Pokémon in the statue!"

Yes, but there's something else too.

"Female main character!"

And...?

"Actual architecture!"

However, have a look at extreme left, at the very top corner. There's a dish-shaped structure there. Kinda like a UFO. It's not something wrong with the screencap, it's there in the video too.

It's clearly not the edge of the skybox. It looks out of place with the architecture, so I bet it's not a building. My best guess is that this is part of the antics of the villainous team. They'll be coming from above this time.

Also, in the sequence where an entire room appears to be assembled from panels, if you pause at the exact right moment, you'll notice that the finished product looks remarkably like a very ordinary living room. If it hadn't been for the staple "Gym pillars", I would have guessed this was entering (or rather, returning from) a "separate dimension" à la Sinnoh Underground or Entralink. Perhaps we're looking at a (Psychic? Ghost?) Gym of illusions here?

In the "Web skipping" scene we can also see something hidden underneath the web. It looks like huge plants with large dew drops, but might also be a statue of some new Pokémon. I'm inclined towards the former, but won't rule out the latter. It's a short clip, and the stuff is hidden in darkness and not shown very clearly. We wouldn't be able to draw any traits of a Pokémon from the second-long clip, but perhaps we'll recognise it as a new 'mon once we get there in the games. Or, again, it might just be leaves.
  10. Chessmaster56

Chessmaster56

Evolution of gulurk (statue) and nice catch with the UFO thing. Now, is that palpitoad and a women in team plasma (old) uniform in the statue too? Anyone notice the dratini gargoyles on the building?
  11. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

IMO they should have started with the alternate forms for the Kami Trio...

I don't see how Keldeo's form is more justfied than others you mentioned; at least the others actually have differences beyond a single move.

I think formes are a little overdone though, and legendaries too (legendary dragons especially so..)
  12. Quickster

Quickster

The "Living Room" Gym (open)
    [​IMG]

My guess is that the player is going to be traveling through fireplaces and windows, from room to room and from house to house. If you look at the gym before the transformation, you'll see that there are passageways behind the window on the right and the fireplace in the back:

[​IMG]

If you look carefully, you'll see that some of the blue paths at the back are deadends, so they're likely to be where the trainers are hiding. You will also see that the gym carries on downwards, perhaps hinting towards underground areas, or that it may be created by a psychic illusion.

@above: I'm fairly sure that the reasoning behind Keldeo's Resolute forme is to show a change in Keldeo's maturity and strength, as it's been taught the "ultimate" move by the other three musketeers (Secret Sword). Of course, that doesn't mean it has to have a new forme to show that but it's more justified than Shaymin's sky forme, which doesn't have any reasoning behind it whatsoever.
  13. kaps

kaps

I completely agree

as of now, not including any generation six pokemon, ~13% of all fully evolved pokemon (or about 7% of all pokemon) are legendary. There are more 'legendary' pokemon than Ice, Ghost, Fighting, Steel, Dark, Dragon, or Electric types

they don't seem so special any more now do they.
  14. R_N

R_N

This is stupid for several reasons:
    1. Legends still make up those typings. And you can do stupid things like compare them to other more common typings. Or look at it relatively (in gen 1 there were 5 legends to 3 ghosts. 11 legends to 4 ghosts in gen 2, etc)
    2. Hey guess what. There are still OVER SIX HUNDRED "Normal" pokemon.
    3. Even if you put it as "13%" that still means that 87% of pokemon are non-legendary.

I do not understand how people can look at ~50 legends and say "This is too many" when they're still in the minority.

ps WHO CARES IF THEY'RE ~~~~~~~~~SPECIAL~~~~~~
  15. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

The term legendary being slapped on things like Mewtwo and Genesect, both of which are artificial (and therefore, not "legendary creatures") always make me cringe.
    For all intents and purposes, Mewtwo is no more legendary than a Porygon.
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

Nyuh-uh, it's easier to get multiple Porygons than it is to get multiple Mewtwos. Availability is a qualifier for legendary status. Also, they're made legendary for being so cool that they sit at the back of their regional Pokedex.
    To agree with you for a bit, I wouldn't count Mewtwo as "legendary" either. I agree with the japanese, where Mewtwo is "illusory". Legendary should be used to refer to Pokemon who are featured in mythology and legends, like the legendary birds and the weather trio. Illusory Pokemon ought to be anything that you can catch in-game, but not during normal gameplay/a traditional playthrough. Mewtwo, for example, can only be caught post-game. Lastly, a third category for legendaries, mythical Pokemon, are counted as the Pokemon you can only obtain through a wifi event, like Genesect.
  17. Infernis

Infernis

I don't think that the original suggestion was that the new Mewtwo form would have a lower BST, just that it would be weaker. It is my contention that the two are not always related, and that it is possible that a Mewtwo forme with the same or higher BST could be worse than vanilla Mewtwo. I'll drop it for now, though, since it doesn't matter at all.

To parallel R_N, note that in Gen II there were two fully evolved steel types compared to 11 legendaries. Now there are 47 legendaries and 31 fully evolved steel types, including 7 in both categories. (Counting Arceus) That means the ratio has improved from about 18% steels-to-legendaries to about two thirds as many steel types as legendaries. Hardly a decrement.
  18. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

Shaymin is the purity of the land in its land forme. In its sky forme it is purity of the sky. Its forme does have very sound reasoning behind it, the better question when talking about shaymin is why there is not a water forme for it.

Edit at Infernis: I don't think it was either. I was just trying to clarify the point he was making or at least my interpretation of his point.
  19. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I think that it takes more than limited availability to create the sense of "Legendary". Without a doubt, Mewtwo falls under the "Legendary" label perfectly. Sure the concept and creation of Mewtwo were the doing of a certain Giovanni, but Mewtwo is a god Pokemon. The power that it wields, perhaps only in the anime (I cannot say I am overly familiar with the Ubers metagame) most certainly gives Mewtwo access to the "Legendary" status. Whether it is synthetic or not does not on its own dictate its viability as a Legendary.
    Mewtwo earns his place as a Legendary Pokemon through sheer power and utter glory.
  20. Mymom234

Mymom234

SO.... Sableye is getting an evo? Seems within the realm of possibility, the movie could be a focus for new additions to old gens. Sableye is pretty mediocre right now, so an evo wouldn't be too powerful, and he is single stage anyways. He is the only one of the single summaries not to be getting something new. (assuming mewthree thing is real)

also that mewtwo thing is gross

what even is that head thing

like he cut off his tail and glued it onto his head or something

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
  21. Nintendee

Nintendee

[​IMG]

Thoughts on this? Probably fake and I really don't think a pre-evo for drowzee is necessary at all.
  22. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

23. R_N

R_N

Of course the thing about this is that he could be lying (and also not even the original Mr. XY)

I feel like that happened (a person claiming they made something with a lot of dispute) back in gen 5
  24. lucariojr

lucariojr goodra will hunting
    is a Contributor to Smogon

im really starting to like this mr xy guy actually

(ps it's a fake. it has to be; i've got money riding on this)
  25. False Sense

False Sense

I think what you're referring to is the final starter evolutions. Somehow old artwork of them got released and someone claimed they faked it. Turned out they were real, though.

While this does put a severe damper on things, there is still the possibility that it is real. After all, this MR. XY is a master troll... maybe he's trolling us in a way we don't expect...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)