1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vashimus

Vashimus

A Drowzee prevo is about as pointless as a condom in a nun's purse.

Also, lol at Mr XY's little air of pretentiousness at the end.

"Mr. XY, Master Troll"

Get real, buddy.
  2. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

And yeah the Drowzee thing is fake. It's apparently been around since April Fools (pokejungle mentioned it) and also just....only marginally more effort put into it than the stupid griffon thing
  3. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

The drowzee in the in game shot is just a redone Pikachu anyway lol
  4. Vashimus

Vashimus

Holy crap it is. XD

I guess we can just assume all of these are fake pretty much. I remember seeing this a while back and nearly flipped my shit.

[​IMG]
  5. Nintendee

Nintendee

Wow didn't even see that. I'm just getting so hyped about anything new that might be the slightest bit real. Can't wait till a serious leak or something.
  6. R_N

R_N

*hovers over thread lock*
  7. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Quite amazing how much this happens...
  8. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I would let the thread run it's course for today and Friday to help dispel the April Fool's Day rumors, and then we can just naturally flow into Saturday's news.
  9. R_N

R_N

Here I will summarize everything

Is it on a magazine -> Is it not something from the past 3 months of corocoro -> It's Fake
  10. elchupo

elchupo

It has nothing to do with actually using them. It has to do with the fact that GF appear to be spending more and more of their creative time and energy coming up with different formes, with diminishing returns.

I agree, another pet peeve that is related to the whole formes thing. Legendaries have been a runaway train since gen 3 to be honest. We went from 5, to 6, to 10 in gen 3, to 14 and then 13 in gen 5.

If they were to introduce the same number of stock Rodent type Pokemon, or Bird types or any other Pokedex template-mon in a single gen, people would freak. I don't think legendaries should get a pass just because they're legendaries, especially when quite a few are ugly/uninspired.
  11. Nintendee

Nintendee

Just thinking, what if somewhere other than Japan 'leaks' or presents something from XY? Because even though we are getting the games at the same time as them, all the info begins there. I know it makes sense, as the games are being developed there but with the new change could we see something different?
  12. Vashimus

Vashimus

I'm OK with the Articuno Mod locking it. Anything before Saturday's announcement is probably just fake anyway.
  13. R_N

R_N

Except legendaries have a wide range of types and appearences and stat distributions

If we got a dozen rodents, I bet they'd ALSO be in a range of appearences, stats, and typing. I also bet that people wouldn't complain because they'd barely notice unless they were all small brown rodents available on the first three routes with a BST of 413.
  14. Yveltal

Yveltal

Didn't you guys learn your lesson in February? Never trust a magazine page revealed before the 15th >:|
    That baby Drowzee was kind of clever though...

SO! I got a theory worthy of a thread locking. What if Xerneas and Yveltal are two members of a group of seven legendaries that represent the Pleiades Sisters? Xerneas and Yveltal could represent Maia and Taygete.
    OR, Xerneas and Yveltal are based on constellations! in the norse astrology maps, there is a constellation for a deer, and another for an eagle/large bird. To stretch it further, Xerneas could be based partly on Orion, and Yveltal is Aquila.
  15. dcae

dcae naughty list

Regarding Sableye and his possibility for an evo, I feel like we have the most evidence to note that something will happen to Sableye, with an evolution riding on top of the list. I'd like to discuss the potential competitive possibilities this evo could grant. I'm curious as to knowing whether Sableye will become an OU rank threat with Eviolite to increase its defenses and annoy the shit out of OU with Will o Wisp, or will the evolution be a bigger impact on the metagame. I like Sableye, expect when it's uses against me, and it's biggest downfall is how easily it gets smashed by stuff like Draco Meteor and Hydro Pump.
  16. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Syableye will also be availible in LC which means its stats would actually be good. Saybleye will become twice the bugger in uu when its defenses are boosted by eviolite. If it gets an evolution, good things will happen to saybleye.
  17. Yveltal

Yveltal

People keep saying that with Eviolite, this Pokemon or that Pokemon would become an instant OU member. I'm not heavily competitive, but how is it that narrowing it's option for an item to one thing a weaker Pokemon would desperately need to stand up to other Pokemon who wouldn't need an item bonus a qualifier for OU status? I wouldn't doubt that a SuperSableye would become an instant OU classic because it could use and abuse other useful items(without even mentioning it's potential movesets), but how does regular unevolved Sabeleye stand up to not only its evolved form, but a wave of other highly useful competitive options?
  18. Scorpio

Scorpio

Oh guys, I don't believe anyone mentioned this, but the name of the eagle on the World Tree (you know, the one Yveltal is supposedly based on) is apparently named Hresvelgr. Possible name connection anyone?
  19. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

This topic seems dangerously close to competitive. In any case though i think its fair to assume sabelye will be in the regional dex, the only unresolved matter is the ability if we can't get prankster sabelye in game and we're stuck with stall (the opposite of prankster) I doubt that even an evolution would warrant its use
  20. Infernis

Infernis

I would assume that the prankster Sableye traded to the female player by Curtis through that 50-phone-calls-and-a-ferris-wheel bullshit would still be able to be transferred. I seriously doubt they're doing another generation split.
  21. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

With some 40 hours left before we get actual news, there's no need to lock the thread. People enjoy good speculation (even if it's baseless), there's no name-calling or tedious arguments going on at the time, and the Mewtwo news are still fresh enough to warrant a little talk (at least for 40 more hours, until the next wave of news). Besides, it's nice to summarize what was made for April Fools.

Quickster, that was some very neat spotting there concerning the gym. I think your observation is spot-on.

I'm also on the bandwagon that the "Mr XY" thing is fake. I highly doubt the same person made both the alleged list of Pokémon and this. Probably just an imposter. As others have stated (Jimera0?), the effort involved is too great or it would require access to the original Photoshop files to shuffle elements around.

Again, concerning Eviolite Sableye: It sure would be good in today's metagame, but there's absolutely no saying it won't be terribly outclassed when XY comes around. We don't know how it would tie in to the next metagame to come.
  22. Jirachi6

Jirachi6

Also, the only times the thread was locked were when the threadgoers were using offensive terms to describe Sylveon and when the discussion was going in a circle. Neither is happening in the thread now.
  23. Farrac

Farrac

16th Movie Sableye = 7th Movie Munchlax

Every time a new Gen is announced we usually have a movie with the new pokes before its release. Hell, we even had a Donphan in the first movie for example, and I still find it difficult to believe the fact that the Lugia movie was a first gen movie.
  24. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

Thank God that Mewtwo crap was fake!
    Unfortunately this takes us back to square one... we don't even know Sylveon's type and its been a while.
  25. jynx

jynx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)