Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

This is stupid for several reasons:
    1. Legends still make up those typings. And you can do stupid things like compare them to other more common typings. Or look at it relatively (in gen 1 there were 5 legends to 3 ghosts. 11 legends to 4 ghosts in gen 2, etc)
    2. Hey guess what. There are still OVER SIX HUNDRED "Normal" pokemon.
    3. Even if you put it as "13%" that still means that 87% of pokemon are non-legendary.

I do not understand how people can look at ~50 legends and say "This is too many" when they're still in the minority.

ps WHO CARES IF THEY'RE ~~~~~~~~~SPECIAL~~~~~~
  2. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

The term legendary being slapped on things like Mewtwo and Genesect, both of which are artificial (and therefore, not "legendary creatures") always make me cringe.
    For all intents and purposes, Mewtwo is no more legendary than a Porygon.
  3. Yveltal

Yveltal

Nyuh-uh, it's easier to get multiple Porygons than it is to get multiple Mewtwos. Availability is a qualifier for legendary status. Also, they're made legendary for being so cool that they sit at the back of their regional Pokedex.
    To agree with you for a bit, I wouldn't count Mewtwo as "legendary" either. I agree with the japanese, where Mewtwo is "illusory". Legendary should be used to refer to Pokemon who are featured in mythology and legends, like the legendary birds and the weather trio. Illusory Pokemon ought to be anything that you can catch in-game, but not during normal gameplay/a traditional playthrough. Mewtwo, for example, can only be caught post-game. Lastly, a third category for legendaries, mythical Pokemon, are counted as the Pokemon you can only obtain through a wifi event, like Genesect.
  4. Infernis

Infernis

I don't think that the original suggestion was that the new Mewtwo form would have a lower BST, just that it would be weaker. It is my contention that the two are not always related, and that it is possible that a Mewtwo forme with the same or higher BST could be worse than vanilla Mewtwo. I'll drop it for now, though, since it doesn't matter at all.

To parallel R_N, note that in Gen II there were two fully evolved steel types compared to 11 legendaries. Now there are 47 legendaries and 31 fully evolved steel types, including 7 in both categories. (Counting Arceus) That means the ratio has improved from about 18% steels-to-legendaries to about two thirds as many steel types as legendaries. Hardly a decrement.
  5. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

Shaymin is the purity of the land in its land forme. In its sky forme it is purity of the sky. Its forme does have very sound reasoning behind it, the better question when talking about shaymin is why there is not a water forme for it.

Edit at Infernis: I don't think it was either. I was just trying to clarify the point he was making or at least my interpretation of his point.
  6. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I think that it takes more than limited availability to create the sense of "Legendary". Without a doubt, Mewtwo falls under the "Legendary" label perfectly. Sure the concept and creation of Mewtwo were the doing of a certain Giovanni, but Mewtwo is a god Pokemon. The power that it wields, perhaps only in the anime (I cannot say I am overly familiar with the Ubers metagame) most certainly gives Mewtwo access to the "Legendary" status. Whether it is synthetic or not does not on its own dictate its viability as a Legendary.
    Mewtwo earns his place as a Legendary Pokemon through sheer power and utter glory.
  7. Mymom234

Mymom234

SO.... Sableye is getting an evo? Seems within the realm of possibility, the movie could be a focus for new additions to old gens. Sableye is pretty mediocre right now, so an evo wouldn't be too powerful, and he is single stage anyways. He is the only one of the single summaries not to be getting something new. (assuming mewthree thing is real)

also that mewtwo thing is gross

what even is that head thing

like he cut off his tail and glued it onto his head or something

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
  8. Nintendee

Nintendee

[​IMG]

Thoughts on this? Probably fake and I really don't think a pre-evo for drowzee is necessary at all.
  9. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

10. R_N

R_N

Of course the thing about this is that he could be lying (and also not even the original Mr. XY)

I feel like that happened (a person claiming they made something with a lot of dispute) back in gen 5
  11. lucariojr

lucariojr all that glitters is not golduck
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

im really starting to like this mr xy guy actually

(ps it's a fake. it has to be; i've got money riding on this)
  12. False Sense

False Sense

I think what you're referring to is the final starter evolutions. Somehow old artwork of them got released and someone claimed they faked it. Turned out they were real, though.

While this does put a severe damper on things, there is still the possibility that it is real. After all, this MR. XY is a master troll... maybe he's trolling us in a way we don't expect...
  13. Vashimus

Vashimus

A Drowzee prevo is about as pointless as a condom in a nun's purse.

Also, lol at Mr XY's little air of pretentiousness at the end.

"Mr. XY, Master Troll"

Get real, buddy.
  14. R_N

R_N

And yeah the Drowzee thing is fake. It's apparently been around since April Fools (pokejungle mentioned it) and also just....only marginally more effort put into it than the stupid griffon thing
  15. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

The drowzee in the in game shot is just a redone Pikachu anyway lol
  16. Vashimus

Vashimus

Holy crap it is. XD

I guess we can just assume all of these are fake pretty much. I remember seeing this a while back and nearly flipped my shit.

[​IMG]
  17. Nintendee

Nintendee

Wow didn't even see that. I'm just getting so hyped about anything new that might be the slightest bit real. Can't wait till a serious leak or something.
  18. R_N

R_N

*hovers over thread lock*
  19. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Quite amazing how much this happens...
  20. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I would let the thread run it's course for today and Friday to help dispel the April Fool's Day rumors, and then we can just naturally flow into Saturday's news.
  21. R_N

R_N

Here I will summarize everything

Is it on a magazine -> Is it not something from the past 3 months of corocoro -> It's Fake
  22. elchupo

elchupo

It has nothing to do with actually using them. It has to do with the fact that GF appear to be spending more and more of their creative time and energy coming up with different formes, with diminishing returns.

I agree, another pet peeve that is related to the whole formes thing. Legendaries have been a runaway train since gen 3 to be honest. We went from 5, to 6, to 10 in gen 3, to 14 and then 13 in gen 5.

If they were to introduce the same number of stock Rodent type Pokemon, or Bird types or any other Pokedex template-mon in a single gen, people would freak. I don't think legendaries should get a pass just because they're legendaries, especially when quite a few are ugly/uninspired.
  23. Nintendee

Nintendee

Just thinking, what if somewhere other than Japan 'leaks' or presents something from XY? Because even though we are getting the games at the same time as them, all the info begins there. I know it makes sense, as the games are being developed there but with the new change could we see something different?
  24. Vashimus

Vashimus

I'm OK with the Articuno Mod locking it. Anything before Saturday's announcement is probably just fake anyway.
  25. R_N

R_N

Except legendaries have a wide range of types and appearences and stat distributions

If we got a dozen rodents, I bet they'd ALSO be in a range of appearences, stats, and typing. I also bet that people wouldn't complain because they'd barely notice unless they were all small brown rodents available on the first three routes with a BST of 413.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)