1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon X and Y Discussion

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Birkal, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

It is fake. Looks like everyone can stop holding their breathe now.

My Reaction:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  2. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

3. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

4. jynx

jynx

Sorry... I was posting that on a new thread, but it got directed here.
    I'm very sorry because I thought it was uncovered since the title of this thread was rather general.

However, I personally find the colour intensity of the upper left corner of the "new" poster very weird when compared to the orange part. (They did not increase/ decrease at the same rate)
    Therefore, I still think that it was edited.
  5. Codraroll

Codraroll

In hindsight, my post was a tad too harsh. Sorry for that, no need to apologize.

Also, the argument with colour intensity is something I haven't seen brought up yet. Clever spotting, but I'm not sure if it means anything. Might be.

In other news, on that "new" poster, (hotlinking because the image is very big), what is that thing in front of Genesect's knee? Is it an extension of Mewtwo's tail? Its leg? It's a very dark purple, kinda like the shade the neck-tail eventually fades into, but that would mean this tail would have to be extremely long. On the other hand, if it's its leg (looking rather like it because of the thingies that look like deformed ankle lumps), then this Mewtwo form is seriously bowlegged.
  6. b2j135

b2j135

Yes it was edited...by the official people who make the poster of the movies!
    Which means it is probably not fake...at least not yet.
    I don't believe ANYTHING Mr. XY would say at this point, if he was telling the truth he would show us some proof of HOW he pulled it off and not just say he did it himself. So stupid, but hey guys I found something you might find interesting, sadly it's only on the 3DS at the moment.
    If you go to the 3DS eShop and look up the trailer for Pokemon X & Y, it's been updated with new music and Yveltal's "cry" was also updated and sounds a lot different when it appears. If I can find it on YouTube I'll link it but for now head to the eShop.
    Edit:
    I decided to make it myself so you guys can hear it
    [youtube]cXIMtERwCd4[/youtube]
  7. Yveltal

Yveltal

People shouldn't be so critical about the weird lighting and coloring issues on the poster and bag. I believe those are issues within the production line. If it's real, mistakes on a prototype product wouldn't really discredit it. The worst case against NewMewtwo is that there aren't any spaces left in the movie merchandise line for a NewMewtwo trinket. (fact check me on this)Normally, in the predetermined set of watches or keychains that come along with the movie, they leave a couple of the designs/toys as mysteries to be revealed later. By the time this rolled around, all of the mystery toys were revealed. If NewMewtwo were real, Bandai or whichsoever toy company wouldn't be capitalizing on him until Gen VI rolls around at the end of the year, which is unheard of.
  8. Rapti

Rapti

To all the people who are celebrating that newtwo is fake, remember this things:

1. Back when the 5th gen starters evos where leaked people did admit to forgerying them even tough they where real

2. The same 5th gen starters images were analyzed and concluded to be fake

As for me I don't care about 'em legendaries, I wanna see new regular pokemon :<
  9. Spork

Spork

I think it's pretty unlikely to be fake myself :/

Have we talked about how the floating Eevee palace and the prehensility of Sylveon's ribbons kind of lends more credence to the Flying-type theory?
  10. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

oh no, pls not let mewtwo look like that, i alrdy disliked him due to the amount of ppl preferring him to mew, even if its true, does That make mewtwo get increased speed Stat? To combat genesects speed.

Also, a burning question, are The 3 regis and heatran Considered legendaries? Cause from wat I know, legendaries are Supposed to be
    1.only 1 of Each( how about lugia? Or two latios?)Cause 1 anime episode Mentioned the only heatran To learn eruption( meaning There are more??) The regis appeared many Times in the anime, from different ppl.
    2. Difficult/not Able To Be caught (again heatran and the regis failed This Rule)
    3. Has a reason to exist(only applies to heatran wat he exist for?) Entei is volcanos, groundon is master of hotness (that smexy salamander) and moltress, bringer of sunny days, zapdos rainy and articuno snowy. (Seen from movie.)
    4. Immortal (lol, lugia came back 2/3 times from zapdos, moltres and articuno's sins. (That Bird just Cant die.)

And Suicune, entei and raikou are the best legendaries ever, i want to Ride on them OMGAWWDDD. They look so comfy!!!
  11. shadowclaw191

shadowclaw191

Feels like the leg of mewtwo, or watever that thing is, cause on the bottom left of the page, u can see a tail there. But that is one ugly leg. Did they do this to make mewtwo more streamlined?
  12. Yveltal

Yveltal

Really, the idea of only finding one of every legendary pertains to the idea that, during a trainer's journey, they'd only be likely to see one of whichever certain legendary Pokemon because it's so rare. Dawn/Lucas can meet a Heatran, as well as Nate/Rosa. Heatran's distribution amongst the center of lava pits exclusively is a part of what makes him legendary. Because how many people are going to go out to a lava pit where an ancient Pokemon has been forming for centuries(presumably, heatran is a puddle of magma with a personality).
    And then there's base stats, and being so cool that they all sit at the back of the bus-er i mean-regional pokedex, but exclusiveness is still relevant to the legendaries that we can assume have multiple members to its species. That doesn't really explain the Regi-family, though. I guess Game Freak likes them enough to keep putting them in new games.
  13. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

No, the person making that claim is full of shit.

You can EASILY disprove this by looking at the second image (which this guy claims was printed on a T-shirt)

[​IMG]

T-SHIRTS DO NOT REFLECT LIGHT THAT WAY! Not to mention, the shape of the object looks nothing like a T-shirt, and the crinkling looks like plastic or paper, not fabric. Also the OTHER image does not appear to be printed on poster-board, as this person claimed. It's obviously a lie, and a poorly thought out one at that!

This guy is obviously claiming credit for something he had no part in making. You guys were just so willing to grasp at ANYTHING that said it was fake that you fell for it without thinking.
  14. Infernis

Infernis

Yes. They are legendary.

There have been many of each legendary beast shown in the anime, there are events coded into Heart Gold and Soul Silver about creating a new Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, and several trainers have captured and used an Articuno. (Lawrence III, Frontier Brain Noland, Team Rocket.) There are others. Manaphy can explicitly breed.

The legendary beasts and birds, Lugia, Celebi, Lati@s, Darkrai, Heatran, the Regis, the Lake Guardians, Victini, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem (all formes) have been shown to be captured by someone other than the player character of the main series games. In-game, they can all obviously be caught.

Heatran live inside volcanoes, and the fanon is that they power said volcanoes.

A Latios explicitly died in one of the movies. As far as I know, neither Heatran nor any Regi has died.

Moreover, the Regis actually have legends written down about them. Barely any other legendary actually has that.
  15. shockwave527

shockwave527

My question is, as I was never really sure about this: is Phione legendary?

I guess that's kind of off topic though, but it's just one more day until the news!
  16. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Phione is legendary as of that big Pokemon.com poll

Legendary status subject to change at any given time
  17. b2j135

b2j135

really? when was this?
    I thought that if you could breed you were deemed non-legendary...
  18. R_N

R_N

Like last year. Mew won, remember? A ton of people -convinced- that we'd get DW abilities out of it and everything.
  19. Lolmeister

Lolmeister

This may be changing the conversation a little bit but I was wondering what you guys are hoping for in tomorrows announcement. I am personally hoping for more pokemon to speculate about and maybe reveal Sylveon's type. (Sure hope its a Normal or Flying type.)
  20. R_N

R_N

It's...pretty explicitly a new Pokemon.
    I doubt we'll get any Slyveon information.
    Masuda will likely show off mewtwo's new forme.
  21. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I would love to know the starting route Bug, Bird, and Rodent, but learning types would be awesome.
  22. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Why do people get so flustered over "too many" legendaries or "too many" new form(e)s. Honestly, how does having more detract from those already around? Even just the cosmetic stuff like Keldeo's Resolution forme, at the end of the day its just a different "skin" for Keldeo and I thought people were crazy about those. LoL's skin shop is a testament to that xD Also just be excited over new Pokemon, honestly a new Mewtwo forme is like a huge childhood boner for me, also if I can use Mewtwo in OU.... on man it'll be on every team if it's just half decent.
  23. Lolmeister

Lolmeister

Yeah it would be great to know about the pokemon you meet at the beginning of the game. As long as the new rodent (if there is one) looks good this time around and is actually useful enough for it to not be a HM Slave (I'm looking at you Bidoof...) Then I'll be happy :)
  24. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I'm pretty sure people wanted it to be fake because that form looks like shit. It has nothing to do with "not thinking". Honestly, if you're putting this much thought into something so trivial, you probably need to reevaluate your life
  25. Lolmeister

Lolmeister

I agree with you especially on the mewtwo part. I'm probably one of few people in this world who likes the new form.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)